A restricted Hoyer’s potential place

Posted by Darren Urban on February 28, 2013 – 1:05 pm

Through all the talk about what the Cardinals might do at quarterback and who their potential targets might be through trade and through the draft, one name has remained somewhat in limbo — Brian Hoyer. Hoyer flashed a bit at the end of the season for the Cardinals and he was a player new GM Steve Keim had long considered. With the Cardinals looking everywhere for QB answers, Hoyer likely remains a candidate for the roster in some capacity at this point.

Originally, Hoyer was thought to be an unrestricted free agent. But as free agency approaches in a couple of week, Hoyer instead ended up in restricted free agent limbo. A restricted free agent is a player with three accrued seasons. Hoyer was an RFA going into the offseason of 2012, and the New England Patriots tendered him a contract offer then, restricting him from shopping his services on the open market. Yet Hoyer was cut at the end of training camp in favor of Ryan Mallett — a signed tender offer still doesn’t make it a guaranteed deal — and Hoyer waited.

To get an accrued season — and a fourth would allow someone like Hoyer unrestricted free agent status — a player must spend six games on a 53-man roster during the season. As it turns out, Hoyer just missed. He was with the Cardinals for three games. Before that, and after the Patriots let him go, the Steelers signed him for two games. He was cut the Saturday before the third game. It led him to a better opportunity with the Cards when they claimed him off waivers the following Monday, but those two days off the roster also meant he compiled just five games on a roster total — and a second straight year of restricted status.

What it all means is that the Cards have control over Hoyer staying if they choose to. The Cards could tender Hoyer at the lowest RFA amount — about $1.3 million — and have the right to match any other offer Hoyer might get. (For another $700,000, the Cards could tender Hoyer so that any team signing him away would owe the Cards a second-round pick. I don’t see the Cards doing that, nor would I see a team giving up a pick for the one-time undrafted Hoyer.)

I do think Hoyer will be tendered an offer as the Cards search for a QB. It would have been easier for him to get away as an UFA, but I think the Cards will want to see more of what they got a glimpse of down the stretch last season.

HoyerBlogFAuse

Tags: , , ,

45 Responses to “A restricted Hoyer’s potential place”

1. By Frankie on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Why not try and pick up a qb in free agency such as matt flinn ?? Hes a good qb i thought they should have got him over kolb in the 1st place.

2. By Hjalte Skjold Jørgensen on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Matt Flynn is not a Free Agent..
    So first Seahawks have to cut him. I dont see a deal happen with him..

And at the time we traded for Kolb, Matt Flynn wasnt in really in any discussing as a nfl starter.

3. By D on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Any word on if Cards met with Kolb’s agent in Indy about a restructure? Unless he says No, he will be on the team competing against Hoyer and a 3rd QB to be named soon. Either another free agent or a draft pick. For all of the grief everyone gives Kolb, at a reduced salary– he is as good as the current free agent QB market and a M. Flynn. 4-0 when he had protection a very little in run support–we should want to see what he can do with a improved Oline and a improved running game.

4. By lg on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

when is our players gone rework they deals i see a lot of players on other teams making room for their team salary.

5. By sarah on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

As stated Hoyer was playing in a nothing season and nobody cared, he got a bucket TD against SF when the game was well over. Bring him to camp and let him compete and lose Lindley. Hoyer to me is much to do about nothing at this point, we did not get anywhere near a look at him to really see anything. The fact a QB completes a pass should not be earth shattering, if we threw in a high school QB they will complete passes albeit get killed. I will say that Hoyer did not look bad given how much time he had to prepare and that is about it. If you look at Skelton’s 2011 season and the Green Bay game he showed way more than Lindley and Hoyer. Whiz jacked Skelton around among many.

Re. Kolb, I have no clue what to do with this guy. If we keep him and he gets injured again well people will be beyond irate. Too much risk, let him test the market, Reid will pick him up for a song. I wish I earned that amount of money for not even a full season yet. It all depends on the type of offence Arians wants to employ, Kolb is a WC guy. We are really resetting the whole defence and offence so let it play out. Speculation is irrelevant at this point, I think the coaches already know who will be around.

If only we scored Manning last year, that said the line would have let him down and he would have sustained the sacks. On average our QB’s had 3 seconds to lose the ball downfield and the running game was anemic. No QB could have delivered a strong passing game under those circumstances. That is how Kolb and Skelton got injured.

6. By MIKE HADZINSKI C.M. PUNK on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

who cares P. squad at best

7. By adamant on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Sarah, your comments about Kolb and Skelton having no running game and a OLine that gave up a lot of sacks takes me back to another QB from a few yrs. ago… MAX HALL.

Heard he has been throwing better then before the shoulder injury and thats coming from his bro in law, Dennis Pitta- of the SB Ravens.

8. By Campbells on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Invest in the O-line………………………..
    Build a really good line, and the QB position won’t be such a dilemma.
    A bruising RB is also critical to our success.

9. By Supercard100 on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

.I don’t know If people agree with this but I’m ready for an elite qb that is here to stay and was drafted here just like the 49ers and hawks did last year I’m tiered of good or avg veteran qbs(smith,cassel,Palmer) coming here via trade or free agency Im ready to draft our own elite qb and watch him become the face of the franchise no more settling for “expirenced veterans” I want an elite qb and I hope we can find one this draft just like the pats did with Tom Brady in the 6th round and it is possible for underdog qbs to become elite I bet no one belived that russel Wilson or Colin kapernick would be this good or else they would have been taken top 5 forshure maybe even before Andrew luck or rg3…so c’mon cardinals no more “expirenced vets” lets get our own franchise quarterback!

10. By truths4all on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

I really wish we could find out what Belichick did not see in Hoyer to where he felt it was better for the team to cut him. Was there no real improvement in reading defenses? Poor, uncorrectable mechanics? How about declining accuracy? Unable to take the huddle leadership to the next level? Why and how was Cassel a better QB than Hoyer especially since Cassell has floundered in KC?

AND, what are the chances Cassel would be cut and then signed by the Cards who look like they will now run an offense closer to the one run by Brady instead of the meek one that KC ran?

11. By andystandsup on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

This seems a little confusing.
    So, for 1.3 mil another team could sign him without compensation? Veteran’s minimum is $630, 000 for a third year player and QBs are always paid more. If a team needs a QB, wouldn’t they take a chance for that amount? Wouldn’t it behoove the team to kick in the extra $700,000 to claim the second round pick, in case he’s lost? I’m not questioning your opinion, I just don’t understand.
    And if the team doesn’t tender him, does he become an immediate UFA?

12. By Scott H on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Frankie

Really, what do we want to engage in a trade with the Seahawks for??? Flynn is yet another question mark that could turn out to be very costly for this team. The Cardinals are desperate for a QB right now which puts anyone with a potential starter in the position of having the Cardinals over a barrel. The Seahawks, quite unfortuanately, are probably one of the 2 best teams in the NFC going into next year. I’ve got NO interest whatsoever in making a trade with them that probably ends up improving THEM more than it does US. That’s the LAST thing we need. And for a guy who has TWO starts on his resume??? No thanks.

At this point, I don’t see how this team is going to make a significant up-grade at QB this year, not with what is available to them. So, live with what you have ( Kolb / Hoyer ) and what you can get now ( Stanton? ) and look to draft a QB next year. Honestly. This team is not likely to be competitive this year. Not with the two bset teams in the NFC ALSO in the NFC West and us having to play 4 games against them. Use this off-season / FA period / draft to attack the needs on the O-line and other critical areas of need. Get better where players who CAN make you better this year are available. Don’t reach for another QB if an obvious up-grade is not there.

And by the way, ONLY live with Kolb this year at a considerably reduced salary. otherwise, cut your losses completely and release him. At that point, it is DEFINITELY addition by subtraction.

13. By Darren Urban on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Andy Stands —

RE: RFA questions

Correct, because Hoyer was undrafted, the low tender brings no compensation. (If he had been a 3rd round pick, for instance, the low tender would bring a 3rd rounder if they tenderd and lost him.)

Yes, you could for the extra money, make it harder to keep. But do you want to pay him that? No one wanted him most of last season. And the Cards can match any other offer.

14. By John S on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

lol Hoyer?? the entire Cards QB personnel need to be replaced like they did with the offensive coaching staff.

15. By Safety Guy on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

But the fact still remains….if he wasn’t something to be considered even at backup, why would NE and PIT pick him up to back some of the best QBs in the league in Brady and the Burger?
    That’s what I don’t understand. Can someone explain?

He showed he had skills in his debut with SF, don’t ya think he can improve with good coaches which we have now, and some work with the likes of Larry and the boys!

1 game does not a QB make and sitting as Backup or giving a chance to see what you can do as a first string. Has a great possibility IMO, and likely Kurt’s as well.

Coments

16. By Coach Kevin on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Keeping Kolb and Hoyer is the best option. Then, draft a young QB in round two or three and you have the best option. The quarterback was not the problem last year. The offensive line and no running game was the problem. We need to bolster the O-line and add a legitimate running back in this draft, then our offense will be fine with Kolb or Hoyer. Let the best man win!

17. By Bill L on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

2nd or 3rd string QB, WHO CARES……..besides him? When you are winning 4 or 5 games a season it really doesn’t matter………might be different if the Cards were hot in the race for a playoff, but that is, at best, 2….3…years away.

There isTime to find THAT GUY. I would not beat the table for Kolb……but, I would not Beat the Table for Geno Smith or Matt Barkley. IMO the best the Cards can do this year is give Kolb a chance to prove he is atleast a decent/good QB…….AND set the Table for next year or the year after when they find THE GUY and GO GET HIM.

To me, SETTING THE TABLE means correcting years of neglect on the O-Line THIS YEAR……I would be willing to go virtually all the way……..1-Joeckel/Fisher or Jones(LT)………2-Long(G/T)…….3-Schwenke(C/G)………when the Cards find/get that franchise GUY, atleast he won’t be running for his Life and getting 300 lbs at 4.5 speed in the middle of his back while he is scanning the field.

It may not be THE plan……..but, atleast it is A PLAN……….lonely

18. By Bill L on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Damn, I keep putting in “Jones” instead of “Johnson”……..Landry Jones(Okla) LJ……..Lane Johnson(Okla) LJ……..must be a synapse misconnected.

19. By Jerrytown on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

I completely agree with you about the need to draft and develop our own quarterback. The more I learn about Geno Smith, the more I want the Cards to draft him. Hear me out. We’re getting Levi Brown back and both Potter and Massie showed some major improvement toward the end of the year, so I don’t think the line is as big of an issue as we previously thought. It definitely needs some improvement, but I think a guard in the 2nd round would go a long way towards making us pretty solid up front…and cut Snyder, he’s expensive and he’s terrible. Geno Smith has the fewest question marks of any QB in the draft, and he’s exactly what Arians wants in his signal caller…a pocket passer with a live arm who is accurate and has the athleticism and presence to escape the rush, all while keeping his eyes down the field. And he can throw on the run too. Look at his numbers from last year, and that was against good competition. Despite what most think, he doesn’t make his butter as a scrambling quarterback, he only had 200 yards rushing with a couple TD’s. But he does run a 4.5 40 so he can definitely move. He also happens to be a student of the game. Teammates and coaches said he’d spend countless hours studying film, he’s a gym rat through and through, and he’d always be the first one in and last one out.

We have the pieces in place to be a force in the NFL. Barring a myriad of injuries like last season, I think we’ll at least go 8-8…that puts us in the bottom 16 of the draft next year. My point is, we might not get another chance to draft in the top 10 where the elite quarterbacks are typically selected. I know people are saying that this is the worst year for QB’s in a long time, but Geno looks solid and he’s the consensus best of the bunch. In my opinion, we should do whatever it takes to draft him with our top pick, even if it means trading up so the Bills don’t leapfrog us. Giving up a 3rd round pick or so is a small price to pay to find your quarterback of the future. Ask the Redskins and the Colts.

20. By Dynosoar on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Frankie,

Flynn was benched for a rookie. Do we really want someone who was benched for a rookie (a good one yes, but someone who was still a rookie).

Supercard100,

Dead on! I want an elite QB, one that has > 65% completion.One who throws for first downs and touchdowns on third down and not for 2 yards and a punt. I’m with you, why look at re-treads (although, Warner was a pretty good re-tread).

Lastly,

Let’s get an elite QB or develop one of our current QB’s into an elite QB. Alex Smith wasn’t throwing 70% before 2011. I don’t think it’s the QB.

Brady went down for the season and Cassel led them to the playoffs and did nothing after in K.C. SYSTEM.

Manning went down and they got Luck. QUARTERBACK.

I don’t want a quarterback, I want to see a system. A system that works and I believe our new coaching staff can deliver that system.

21. By john on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Go with KOlb under Arians Kolb is the answer at QB

22. By ored on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

kolb on contract re-do,trust coach to pick best one in the draft.

pass rusher who had 13 sacks 1st yr-8 sacks 2nd-missed most of last year with foot injury-brandon jenkins from fl.st.-4th round

just watched video of guy squatting 905 lbs.-looks like a football player to me

self proclaimed best player in the draft-4.3 40 yrd.,multi dimensional reciever that makes abrupt,impossible cuts,forget his name..tavon or something like that,fun to watch,looks like a video game when he’s on.

23. By Terry E on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Thanks for the blog, I thought he was in UFA status. I like him and think he is a good fit for some undefined role on our team.

24. By John The Draft Guy on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

John

If the question is, which QB stares at wrs and runs into sacks, will get hurt and play less than 8 games ? then yes Kolb is the answer.

25. By Marcelof on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Dynosoar,

I totally agre with you with the system idea, but do you really believe there’s a chance we have a system with we the QB roster we’ve got?

I been reading comments all over the net without saying a word, just in order to check what fans and experts are uttering ’bout Cardinals QB and Oline. They mostly contradict, I mean they have no stand!

By wacthing recent seasons (I can say I am a damn rookie football viewer) and other teams, Oline is a HUGE issue, huger than the QB need. But (a big but) we can have a system, a Wall in the Oline, but without an NFL QB, that’s just wast of time!

We do need a system, a strong Oline and a QB… simple and sad like that!
    ah, and fans need patience, a bit more

26. By azfaninwa on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

I know I’m late to the party but I like Matt Moore as a wild card roster addition. I’ve only seen him play a few games two seasons ago so I admit my data pool is limited here. From what I’ve seen he is better than anyone on our roster. I’ve seen him display pocket awareness and mobility, creativity, accuracy, touch and decent arm strength. He is also a free agent. Obviously the phins went another direction so I’m guessing he has consistency issues. Does anyone else have opinions on his abilities? Haven’t heard his name come up from fans or analysts but I certainly like him more than Cassell or Hoyer or anyone else I’ve heard mentioned.

27. By monzz on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

I can’t believe our head coach and FO is serious about keeping either stare down your receivers Kolb or a undrafted unwanted Hoyer to be the take charge QB for our team. If they decide to go with these two losers the cardinals will experience a mass exodus of fans willing to pay to see a medicore team play, much like the fan base we had in the gloomy years at sun devil.

Get the lead out send Kolb and Hoyer down the road bring Skelton in and coach him up he will be an allstar. I for one am really tired of watching an injured Kolb standing on the sidelines looking like he had way too much to drink from the night before!!! Keeping Kolb will destroy the fan base, It would take a complete idiot to believe the team has all these sellouts, does anyone other than me see all the empty seats?

28. By Dynosoar on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Marcelof,

Yeah, until I see what our new coaching staff does this season I can’t say we have a system. And that is only really obvious when the starting QB is injured and the backup (Cassel, Pittsburgh’s backups, Kaepernick, etc.) come in and carry the team the same as the starter.

And I certainly don’t wish injuries to test if it’s the QB or the system that’s succesful.

I agree o-Line is huge (did you intend a pun there?) and my beliefe that a running game is not necessary has evolved over the last season watching teams like San Francisco who freed up the deep threat with the running game and allowed Alex Smith the time to make reads and have a 70% accuracy.

I may be an old Dynosoar, but I’m not an old dog. I can learn new tricks. In this case I’ve been converted to the need of a solid running game and as such I see a need at O-Line with a guard that can actually push the defense and create holes. (Ala Chance Womack). I also Like a solid running back. (Ala Eddie Lacey). I don’t see getting both.

Anyway, we need a system, then any QB will be successful and if we can land an elite QB, they’ll be better than elite. I hope we have that system now.

Oh, one last question. What do you mean by the experts contradict (surprise). Interesting comment there. You piqued my brain with that one wondering what your thinking.

29. By Sackman on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

I believe the top 3 Tackles will be off of the board by the time we pick at 7. If Geno Smith is still their at 7 we should go for him. I really believe he is better than any QB’s we have on our roster. He brings alot of upside and excitement to any team that draft’s him. BA and the new coaching staff would want someone fresh with alot of upside. Like I said if the top tackles are gone go for best available that also fits our needs, or trade down.

30. By Coach Kevin on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

No way we can keep Skelton. He is simply not the answer. We need to keep Kolb and hoyer, and develop a young gunslinger like E.J. Manuel or Tyler Bray who both fit the Arian’s mold.

31. By erik on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

So glad they cut Gay! Dude got burned all game, every game! It was painful to watch and I could never understand what was seen in him. Not to be a jerk, but this is great news!

32. By Rufus on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

I hope the AZ does not draft a QB in the first round as the Combine showed that it would be a reach to even draft Geno Smith that high. It would be more prudent to take advantage of a very strong class of offensive linemen with the seventh pick.

33. By ored on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

chance has more tape against quality players in big games than anyone in the draft-that says volumes about his ability to open holes for the backs.we have 3 offensive tackles,4 if you include the washington kid,how many guards that are spoken of highly?so we’re just gonna have an offense of tackles and recievers?

if the best player is a guard,just do it,not like we have’nt taken chances and made mistakes before,if it does’nt work then we’ll have another mediocre guard,but at least he will be getting rookie wages.we won’t have a ground game without good guard play…again.if there is’nt a 1st round qb then wait til the 3rd round.we have two good picks,make them count,then gamble from the 3rd thru 6th,we won’t ever know what our qb’s or rb’s can do until they have protection and blocking.

we have the chance to improve the o-line and get a quality pass rusher,why keep trying to take huge gambles elsewhere,if we only improve in those two areas,then that is two less we have to concern ourselves next year.i would be happy with huge holes for a rb and enough time for a qb to settle down and look for plays,if nothing else it would remove any questions of “is it the qb’s fault and the rb’s fault or is it the line play”,remember most these kids were good enough to be drafted,so maybe if everyone is on the same page….line do your job and the rest of the offense will take it from there.

our defense is still stout,even with too much time on the field they were the deciding factor in wins,just give them a run stopper and a pass rusher capable of dbl.digit sacks and that side of the ball is good.

improve the o-line and we answer two questions and narrow down the areas of priority next year.the 1st two rounds should always be for “sure”things”imo,do the small school gambling and hidden gems later…may they all pay off.

34. By Scott H on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Dynosaur –

RE: Let’s get an elite QB or develop one of our current QB’s into an elite QB.

Hey, good idea! Why didn’t we think of that sooner??? Dude, if it were that simple, every one of the 32 teams in the NFL would have an elite QB. Wouldn’t they??? Seriously. There is a reason why only about one third of the teams in the league ( MAYBE ) have an elite QB. And the reason is simple – because elite QB’s don’t grow on trees. And you can’t just take any ol’ QB and make him elite. Why am I explaining this???? C’mon, man….

Can I ask, WHO is this elite QB that the Cardinals are simply supposed to go out and get? And HOW do they just “get him????” It’s fine to say things like that. Now, give us the plan.

That’s like saying, “Let’s just take the guys we have and make them good enough to win the Super Bowl this year.”

35. By Annette on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

I am willing to stick my two cents in on this one. Arians and Keim know Brian Hoyer. I think they plan to place him as “the guy” and let Kolb try to kick him off the stool. Arians will run an offense closer to New Englands that anyone elses, and Hoyer has proven he can run that type offense. Get Hoyer a CAN ANYONE SAY BRUISER OF A RUNNING BACK WHO WON’T QUIT AFTER THE FIRST HIT. Add two drafts for the O-Line and at least one more good tight end and forget about it. We can go to the playoffs. Coach Lindley up and he will make a nice back up for Hoyer and Kolb. There isn’t anyone available worth paying for right now, not even in the draft.

36. By Mike Ellingboe on Mar 2, 2013 | Reply

@Dynosaur,

“I don’t want a quarterback, I want to see a system. A system that works and I believe our new coaching staff can deliver that system”

You really don’t, because that’s exactly what we had in place. Not all QB’s work well within the same system. Warner was tremendous in Whisenhunt’s vertical attack, but everyone else he put in it, to be blunt, sucked. The only one who showed any promise was Kolb last year but as our OL was an even worse fit in that system his trip to the hospital was inevitable.

You brought up Alex Smith, which is a good example. He was awful under Singletary. Then Harbaugh comes in, lets him lean on the run game and a shorter passing attack and bingo, 70% completion rate follows. He gets hurt, Harbaugh puts in Kaepernick, installs the pistol (which Kaepernick ran at Nevada), and was one controversial call from winning the SB.

I think the biggest mistake HC’s make is falling in love with their own ‘genius,’ thinking it’s their system, and not the players, that makes the biggest difference. The reality, as Scott H stated, is there are MAYBE a third of the teams in the league that have elite QB’s (I’d agree with his emphasis on maybe, and would say it’s closer to a fourth) who will make any offensive system look smart. The rest need to have something tailored to their talent, or their flaws end up being the only thing highlighted throughout the season.

Fyi – Cassel didn’t lead the Patriots to the playoffs, although he did play well enough to, and I’m not sure where you were going with the Manning/Luck reference, but the only thing to say to that is consult with the Colts before buying your next lottery ticket, amazing a team can get so lucky when it comes to picking first when obvious franchise QB’s are available. Scariest thing about this off-season for me, is Arians is going with, yes, a vertical offense and thinks our OL is pretty good as is. Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

37. By Andrew on Mar 2, 2013 | Reply

Really, I don’t think the QB position is as critical as people are saying. I believe John is out of the picture, and personally after the way he played this year, I don’t think the Cards have much use for him. But I believe that its going to be between Hoyer and Kolb. Personally I like both of those QBs, but I think with a better O-line and a solid and HEALTHY running game. The Cards could be contenders in the NFC West.

38. By Terry E on Mar 3, 2013 | Reply

The theme is pretty constant keep Kolb and Hoyer 1 & 2 not necessarily in that order and Lindley to develop. I really feel like we need to draft OL or Milliner in the first and a QB in the second. In that case we would have to cut Lindley or the newly drafted QB at some point. I would also like to see a RB in 2nd or 3rd round. I like the comment about we have a lot of tackles and WR’s. I would be more than happy to take Womack in the first although I would like to see us add a real deep threat at WR at some point. Marquise Goodwin would fill that role.

39. By cardsalltheway on Mar 3, 2013 | Reply

As I’ve said before our QB’s didn’t have a chance due to our last head coach and the OL he provided for them. I don’t know if Arians will be much better but I don’t see how anyone could be worse. Keep Skelton, consider either LIndley or Hoyer but cut Kolb. Even though it’s not Kolb’s fault, he will bring bad karma and he’s too expensive. Kolb, won’t last the season and he’s the NFL blueprint for how not to sign a FA quarterback. Even the Seahawks learned when they signed Matt Flynn, hence they didn’t feel pressure to start him before Wilson.

No matter what do NOT draft a QB in the first round!!!

If both Joeckel and Fisher are gone by # 7, take either Dee Milliner(CB) or Jarvis Jones(4-3 OLB) if available. If those 4 rookies are all gone by # 7 pick Chance Warmack. If an OT is not taken in the first round then we got to pick one in 3rd or 4th rounds to backup our current OT’s. If we don’t get Warmack we still need to draft an OG and Center.

40. By cardsalltheway on Mar 3, 2013 | Reply

Pick Ziggy Ansah at # 7 if Joeckel, Fisher, Dee Milliner, Chance Warmack, Jarvis Jones are all taken.

41. By cardsalltheway on Mar 3, 2013 | Reply

Remember Kolb, he was going to be our savior and then the excuses were “He didn’t have time to learn the system.” It was all downhill from there, actually the team downfall began before that though. I’m looking forward to the draft and why don’t we have more twitter followers?

When we hear that the Cardinals have 25,000 less twitter followers than the Jaguars, who releases Cardinal tweets/and answers? Is that you Darren? I will say that they should include blogs, and Darren you probably got one up on the Jags and other teams there aye? And **** Facebook!

42. By Marcelof on Mar 3, 2013 | Reply

@dynosaur

What I meant with experts contradictions is over the whole thing, most say Arizona needs a stronger Oline but in the end they are indeed Cards should go after a QB. My opinion is that solving a Oline througout the season or FA is much easier than finding a NFL caliber QB.

And there`s no pun back there hahaha as a Brazilian My English sometimes sounds confused.

2. Feb 28, 2013: NFL Trade Rumors - Cardinals May Elect To Keep QB Brian Hoyer Around With RFA Tender NFL Trade Rumors - |
  3. Mar 1, 2013: Word From the Birds Blog | A time for money moves
  4. Mar 6, 2013: Word From the Birds Blog | Who could work with Arians and (gasp!) QB talk