Schedule on deck for Thursday

Posted by Darren Urban on April 16, 2013 – 10:50 am

The NFL officially announced the regular-season schedule will be released Thursday, at 5 p.m. Arizona time. (We will have that info up immediately as the deadline hits). It’s always a strange day. There is no denying the schedule release is a huge story for NFL fans, even though all we are talking about is actual dates and times. Every team already knows who it is playing next season. That hasn’t been a secret. Whether the Cardinals host the Falcons in October or November probably doesn’t mean a ton. Sure, there are some weather-related situations to note for some teams — if you go to Green Bay for instance, you pay attention if that is in September or December. The Cards don’t have any road trips like that do have to think about Philadelphia (although it’d probably be better to visit Jacksonville later in the season if possible.)

In the meantime, here is the refresher on 2013’s regular-season opponents:

HOME

Indianapolis, Houston, Carolina, Atlanta, Detroit, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis

AWAY

Tennessee, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis

Tags:

31 Responses to “Schedule on deck for Thursday”

1. By Dynosoar on Apr 16, 2013 | Reply

Steve Weston,

glad I could be a good part of your workday. Deion’s been doing the Sandcastle commercials on NFL Network for months now. Wonder if they’re on YouTube.

Leon Sandcastle at #7! The latest spot with Kurt Warner was very funny. The best was Goodell’s “Have we met?” and Sandcastle’s reply “No.”

There’s also a banner across the top of this website from time to time.

On a serious note, I like our schedule. I don’t even think there’s an away game I’d trade for a home game. Although, if we could have Seattle and San Francisco both be home games, I could dig that.

I really like this schedule. Here’s hoping for a 9th week bye. And No Injuries!!!

2. By MIKE HADZINSKI C.M. PUNK on Apr 16, 2013 | Reply

Whats up with that BUM,SCRUB,MARCUS VICK
    SAYING

Marcus Vick @MVFive

(tweet deleted)

3. By John The Draft Guy on Apr 16, 2013 | Reply

Andrew Luck coming to town. Seen Cam, Stafford and Ryan live before and it will still be exciting, but I am looking forward to seeing Mr Luck.

4. By Darren Urban on Apr 16, 2013 | Reply

Mike —

RE: Vick tweet

If someone wants to see it, they can look up the Twitter account. As far as its content, I’m not sure how much credibility Marcus Vick has.

5. By joe 67 on Apr 16, 2013 | Reply

I see 7 wins, PLUS, ever how many we can steal from SF STL Sea Houston NO Atlanta. Somehow need 3 wins at least out of that group,

6. By Ricardo C on Apr 16, 2013 | Reply

On the Marcus Vick tweet he is a loser can some one please tell me what was the eagles record last year an when was the last time the eagles beat us?..I wonder if he saw the game last year when the adds played the eagles….apperantly not….

7. By John The Draft Guy on Apr 16, 2013 | Reply

My top ten Mock;

1. KC – Luke Joeckel, with Brandon Albert Franchised, I could see a one year deal and then Mr Albert either moves back to guard or moves on.

2. Jacksonville – Dion Jordon, Jags need a lot. but pass rusher at the top of the list.

3. Raiders – trade out with Dolphins. Dolphins surprise with Lane Johnson. Fins like Martin at RT although he could play LT. The Dolphins love Johnson. I also think the Raiders still get Sharrif Floyd at 12.

4. Eagles – With DRC and Asamoah gone, Dee Milliner seems like a perfect fit.

5. Lions – Eric Fisher, with LT retiring, makes sense to protect Mr Stafford.

6. Browns- This could be another trade. The Jets move up from 9 in front of AZ to get their pass rusher. The grab Ziggy Ansah. Calvin Pace lead the OLBs with 3 sacks. Ryan defenses live for sacks.

7. Cards- ???? Could it be Cooper (a better fit at guard than Warmack in Arians offense) . Could it be Star Lotulelei? How about Mingo? Jarvis Jones? Kenny Vaccaro? I can’t get a read on Arians. Of course, if the 3 tackles fall, that is the pick. But I dont think they fall. With Tavon Austin getting so much buzz, might trade down. Maybe the Saints come up and give Brees yet another weapon. Cards fall to 15 and take Vaccaro.

8. Bills – Geno Smith. They haven’t had a QB since Jim Kelly and we know Kolb isn’t the answer.

9. Browns – Xavier Rhodes. Very good CB to go with Joe Hayden.

10. Titans – This has been a power running team and Warmack would help C2K get going. Although I have said guards do not get picked before the 15th pick, I think Tenn makes the exception.

8. By Dynosoar on Apr 16, 2013 | Reply

Joe 67,

in our SB run, we swept the division. Not an easy task at all. What do you think, can we do it again? I think we get 4 wins in the Division.

IWe all know I’m simply lousey at mock drafts, so let’s see how I do at mock seasons. (I hope I do better than last season.)

HOME Wins (Arians believes in Protecting the Nest!)

Indianapolis, Carolina, Atlanta, Detroit, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis

HOME Loss

Houston

AWAY Wins

Tennessee, Jacksonville, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Seattle

AWAY Losses

Tampa Bay, San Francisco, St. Louis

12-4 = first round playoff bye.

9. By joe 67 on Apr 16, 2013 | Reply

Dyno
    Hope you are right, but I’m thinking split in Div at best. Tampa bay should be a win. 10-6. Wild card. Yoiu are even more optimistic than I am. But again, hope you are right.

10. By birdnerd58 on Apr 16, 2013 | Reply

Sorry the Leon Sandcastle bit was overplayed the second time I saw it. Sorry but Deion drives me nuts…was watching him on the NFL channel the other day, as he was trying to defend the ‘honeybadger’ (nothing against him…I really hope he makes it) and his multiple failed drug tests and attempted to place him in the same character category as Manti Teo, it was hard to listen to it, coming from him. I remember clearly the early Deion playing days and the gold chains, changing his allegainces/teams every other year, and major issues with his personal life multiple adultry confessions…etc… So for him to be in any way trying to judge Manti Teo, and to claim to know whether he has the necessary leadership qualities…when he was the biggest ‘inappropriate term’ there was during his early playing days, made me want to leak vomit from the side of my neck.

11. By Chuck 1 on Apr 16, 2013 | Reply

Oh Dynosar,

I think that you’re way too pessimistic.
    I’m thinking that the Cards go 19-0!!!

12. By cards4sb on Apr 16, 2013 | Reply

I personally get tired of speculating on anything. I just want these coaches and players to WANT it. No matter whose wearing a jersey and who’s sitting on the sideline. We had our chance to have the division last year and we fell apart and it ultimately it lost Whisenhunt his job. Along with with Kolbs. 4-0 is not a bad way to star the season at all. WE BEAT SEATTLE even though they had four timeouts in the 4th quarter and FLAT OUT STOLE a win against Green Bay. Then out of nowhere they go 11-5 and our now the most anticipated match up with the 49ers. Uuugh! I despise our divisional opponents. What happened to the Cards? Who really knows but you don’t fall that hard after a good start without internal bleeding! I don’t care who we play, when we play them I just want to watch my team win some games. We all know the history of this team and it is time it changed. If the guy washin’ cars can help this team win and compete?…Sign him!

13. By Dynosoar on Apr 16, 2013 | Reply

Chuck 1,

That was Awsome!!!

Must work on my pessimism.

Glass half full. Glass half full. Glass half full. 13-3. 14-2. I’m feeling it.

14. By Cactus jeff on Apr 16, 2013 | Reply

John the draft guy
    Moving to 15 is WAY too far down. Know way BA believes they will ever pick this high again so they they will stay put at 7. I also believe him when he says he wants a difference maker. Decide on whether they play more 3-4 or 4-3 on defense and then you will find your answer. If they plan on 3-4 they go OLB, 4-3 DT.

15. By Eazy E on Apr 16, 2013 | Reply

Some of y’all are so delusional. We ain’t going 19-0 or 12-4 or 10-6, the only way any of that is happening is if we have Jacksonville that many times…

16. By Mike Ellingboe on Apr 17, 2013 | Reply

@Chuck 1,

Great comment.

@Dynosoar,

I couldn’t tell, were you being serious?

17. By D on Apr 17, 2013 | Reply

Difficult schedule ahead with many good QB’s this year. That means Cards need to control the ball on offense and have a better defense than last year. Draft a good FS and grab a difference maker as a pass rusher (maybe first rounder) along with the FA additions this D could overshadow SF even with DWash sitting 4 games.

If all 3 Left Tackles are gone by 7, then take the best pass rusher at 7, you can find a starting Right G in Round 2.

18. By John The Draft Guy on Apr 17, 2013 | Reply

Cactus Jeff and D

It has been said we will run a 3-4. As for moving down, my comments were that it is hard to get a read on the cards, whether they go pass rusher, CB, safety, BPA, or trade down.

I also believe Vaccaro is a difference maker. But if I stayed at 7 and had to pick in my mock above, that would be a tough spot. I would most likely go Star Lotulelei because he would be the BPA but would not make an impact this year.

I am now believing all 3 tackles will be gone. Both the raiders and browns want to move down and both the Chargers and Dolphins want a LT. It really comes down to KC.

As for taking the pass rusher; which one. If the draft played out like above, your choice is Mingo or Jones. I saw Fluker man-handle Mingo and he had very little production this year. But he is very athletic and can drop in coverage. Much like Jordon, Mingo is boom or bust. Jones is flat out slow. He is going to have an issue in space.

Obviously, card fans wouldn’t like a draft like my mock. but, if the draft went that way, who are you taking at 7?

19. By ored on Apr 17, 2013 | Reply

moving further down may not be such a bad idea if the compensation is there.there will still be good o-line and pass rushers in rounds 2-4,we did pretty well with massie.the more picks,the more opportunities to upgrade and have youth at the same time.

just go back over a top 100 list,then look at some sleeper lists,omg,so many ways to upgrade besides just o-line and pass rusher,more picks would allow us more developement time for promising players,maybe a player coming off an injury that needs a little more time or a player new to the game that needs more x’s and o’s training.

we could seriously consider a really good te and a speed reciever,still have room for a late round qb and rb just in case.

rather than just filling the roster with bodies for the time being and then cutting them when the time comes,we could be evaluating fresh talent that have yet to develop bad habits,just teaching them our way and not having to unlearn someone elses.

it’s not everyday a team gets either a top 10 pick,a full allotment of picks with the chance to trade down for more,and a solid,talented,deep group to choose from.

true you can suck year after year and get the high pick but no guarantee it will be a quality draft and usually you end up with less than the full complement of picks during the course of trading,trying to improve that way.

some teams are lucky enough to have all of these and be good at the same time,but they also paid their dues to get there,losing year after year,coaches getting fired,coaches dropping their pants and then getting fired,lol.well we did the year after year losing thing,got our coach fired(wonder if he had dropped his drawers anything would have changed),but we had our own comedy of errors with the qb selections and drafting a rb high with no blocking to help.

for the first time in awhile i’m feeling good about the offense…just hoping the defense stays strong.

20. By ored on Apr 17, 2013 | Reply

along that thought,trading far enough back to get a couple or few 2,3,or4 round picks and still be able to pick up the notre dame te would be a good thing i’m thinking,he has the makings of a difference maker,would give us a strong te presence,with one having the speed of some wr’s.i think that would work nicely in ba’s scheme,and at the same time giving us addittional blocking up frt.a very nice fit.if he were to pan out like the gronk,we could’nt ask for more and still have plenty of picks for the line,defense,etc.

21. By D on Apr 17, 2013 | Reply

John the Draft Guy

If the 3 are gone and they can’t move down and if Ziggy is on the board, I would take him at 7. He is 6’5 270lb, he can be the 3rd down pass rusher this year in place of Obrien and then move him into Dockett’s spot next year when he gains more weight. Unless Dockett has a great year, with his cap number and being over 30, this could be his last year here in AZ.

22. By Jason on Apr 17, 2013 | Reply

It’s much more likely that he’d be asked to shed some weight and play standing up as an OLB.

23. By Jason on Apr 17, 2013 | Reply

Ahhhhh! That is a nightmare scenario for us. Without us trading down I guess I’d have to say Star Lotulelei would be the pick.

24. By cardinalchris on Apr 17, 2013 | Reply

Why does Kiper have us taking Mingo? Mingo is awful. I have watched hours of tape and nothing jumps out. He played against A&M and Alabama and you barely notice him getting gatoraid on the sidelines. Why is anyone thinking he’s worth a top tem pick?

25. By John The Draft Guy on Apr 17, 2013 | Reply

Ored,

I love Tyler Eifert also. Trading down to the middle of the first, you can get extra picks and land Eifert. Of course TE Ertz in the second and Vaccaro in the first wouldn’t be bad either

As a pass rusher, I would take Jamie Collins over Mingo, Jones, or Ansah. Hopefully he would be there in the second.

With the extra second, Barrett Jones, Eric Reid, Terron Armstead, or a host of other players would be sitting there. I would easily trade #7 for say Eric Reid and Tyler Eifert.

Jason,
    I agree it would be a nightmare. But It is very possible. Trading down seem to make sense if we can find a partner.

26. By John The Draft Guy on Apr 18, 2013 | Reply

D,

My mock draft has Ziggy gone.

27. By Mike Ellingboe on Apr 18, 2013 | Reply

@cardinalchris,

I hadn’t watched Mingo much (couldn’t see what good a 240lb DE would do in a 3-4 alignment). Then I watched him (and only him) against A&M, Bama, Washington and Auburn. Seriously missed the boat on this guy, and completely understand why Kiper has him going to us at #7. I don’t get too excited about any 4-3 DE’s who convert to 3-4 OLB’s, but I’ve got to make an exception in his case.

Typically, all those guys know how to do is mindlessly rush upfield, and leave all kinds of running lanes open, and at best get a few sacks everyone else on the D-line gift wraps for them (see Aldon Smith). The pistol offenses we’re seeing really take advantage of this. Mingo is about as complete a player as you’ll find. In the A&M game he did an incredible job of containment against Manziel, no easy feat with Manziel’s athleticism and Matthews standing in his path. Even in the Bama game, at no point did Fluker just take him and blast holes in the right side of the field, his speed created a lot of problems in their backfield, where, regardless of opponent, he spends a lot of time at. He does a great job of reading the QB, knows when to drop back, when to rush, when to knock down passes. Combine that with a non-stop motor and whoever gets him could have an answer for the Colin Kaepernick’s and Russell Wilson’s of the league. Very instinctive, surprisingly strong, very fast. Refreshing to see from that type of player.

Still going to hope for Warmack, but won’t roll my eyes anymore if Mingo’s the pick.

28. By Jason on Apr 18, 2013 | Reply

Dolphins are in contract talks with Branden Albert for a possible trade. That would take Miami out of the LT market and leave only San Diego as a possible team that would jump us. My take is that the Chargers have too many needs for them to lose the picks necessary to move up. With that said I’m still a fan of a LT @7 if one falls to us…but, if one of the premier pass rushers are available I’m not sure which way we’ll go. As I stated before we’re in a really good position whether its BPA @7 or trade down.

29. By John The Draft Guy on Apr 18, 2013 | Reply

Jason,
    I had the same thoughts. KC is going tackle, Detroit I believe is going tackle. The raiders aren’t trading with SD. The Browns might.

Phillip Rivers must get protection. I cant think of anything SD needs more than a LT. They need a RB but not at #11. They need CBs, Xavier Rhodes could fall to 11 for them and get a tackle in round two. Could they use a stop gap like Mckinnie? Remember Whiz is there. He used stop gaps like Gandy before but also drafted Levi Brown. Tough read.

Could the eagles take one? Could the Cowboys or Bears come up and get one?

I think we are in a good spot if the Dolphin trade happens. It looks to me like we will be picking Lane Johnson if no one comes up into Cleveland’s spot. At 38, Jamie Collins or Eric Reid are my favorites.

30. By Jason on Apr 18, 2013 | Reply

@JTDG

Oh, I agree they need a LT…but, they lost 8 starters in free agency! I think their draft picks are WAY too valuable to move up for one player. The Bears signed Bushrod in FA and the Cowboys have Smith at LT and would be in the market for a RT which is Fluker or Watson which should be available for them. The Dolphins have the picks and the need and were the greatest risk.

Love the thoughts @38. I’d like the Collins pick in round 2 followed by JJ Wilcox in 3. In the words of the infamous Bart Scott ” can’t wait!!”

2. Apr 16, 2013: Schedule on deck for Thursday | football-feed.com