• Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM MST NFL Draft First round of the NFL draft.

Another successful Pat’s Run

Posted by Darren Urban on April 20, 2013 – 10:49 am

It was a great evening and morning for Pat’s Run. First was the Peter King Tweetup at Tom’s Tavern Friday night, which went well and raised $10,000 to fund a Tillman Foundation scholarship. Pat’s widow Marie was on hand, King did a Q and A session with Michael Bidwill, Steve Keim and Bruce Arians, and some players mingled around to cap the evening. (Here’s a photo gallery of the event, and a hat tip to media relations VP Mark Dalton, who helped get it off the ground. There was a lot of work by many that went into such a smooth operation.)

Then this morning was the always great Pat’s Run. It’s a lot more crowded than it once was, but it’s for such a good cause and more importantly, everybody there is so happy to be there and taking part. If you have never done it, you should. It doesn’t matter if you can run or want to run. No one is disappointed when they cross the finish line in Sun Devil Stadium. It’s a rush whether you push yourself hard or merely “wog” (walking and jogging) your way there. Hey, if Fitz can do it after working out all week — there he is finishing below, along with fellow receiver Kerry Taylor in the red shirt behind him — you can too.

RealFitzFinishShotUSE

Tags: , ,

12 Responses to “Another successful Pat’s Run”

1. By DontTakeLosses on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

Always inspired by the selflessness of Pat Tillman. Celebrating his love of country will never get old. The events of this past week stark reminder that we need to be more like him.

2. By Patrick on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

This was my first Pat’s Run and I was very impressed with how organized it was. Wish I could have made it to the tweet up.

3. By ored on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

amen to that

4. By andystandsup on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

Kudos to all that ran, donated their time and spent at least one day representing what is right with this country.
    I’m sure you all were smiled upon from overhead… even if it was only from the stadium lightposts.

5. By Dynosoar on Apr 21, 2013 | Reply

Mike Ellingboe,

I really don’t see 13-3, sorry, sometimes my humor is a little cryptic (after this post, I’m getting more excited and see 13-3.)

I will say this, I see 12-4 as possible, probable I don’t know, but definately possible.

I remember a Surgar Bowl around 1986 (+/-) between the National Favorites the Hurricanes of Florida and University of Tennessee (my favorite) and there was not a newspaper outside of Tenneessee that viewed the outcaome as anything but a Florida victory.

The final score was 48-7, Tennessee.

What happened? For one thing, a radio station in Knoxville changed some Foriegner lyrics and broadcast a song titled “Orange Blooded” probably 50 times each day (they did a back to back 24 hour session two weeks before the game). The people were pumped and the team was pumped. I don’t think they could’ve lost to any team that day, and I mean any team. If memory is correct, the Hurricanes only had one first down the entire game after the opening drive and the New York Times still reported after that it was an off day and the Hurricanes were the better team (sound familiar?)

What happened, Tennessee wanted this more than anything and not just the team, the fans as well. And they prepared with hunger. Very similar to the Utah team that beat Alabama in the Surgar Bowl a few years back, Alabama wanted to win, Utah was hungry.

If our coaches and players prepare with the hunger their statements proclame they have, 12-4 may be the lower end of what we can do. No, I don’t want this to sound Rah Rah!, I’m declaring what I believe they can realisticaly accomplish and that’s 12-4.

(While I’d still have to tell my brother we’ll sweep the Seahawks if we were fielding pop-warner replacements due to a 52 man injury list, I believe if they prepare with hunger and not just “I’m a profesional and this is what I have to do” then we’ll sweep Seattle.)

6. By Andy Kw on Apr 21, 2013 | Reply

This team is still nowhere near the 90 or so players needed to fill the offseason roster:
    Right now, I say we sign a few more free agents, although Darren insists that this team will wait until after the draft.
    -Here are the players we can sign to fill the roster but doesn’t mean we will keep all of these players:
    -WR Steve Breaston
    -WR Josh Cribbs
    -OT Jared Gaither
    -FS Kerry Rhodes
    -DB Chris Maragos
    -If you want, you could sign me as a free agent pickup and put me in your training camp as a Wide Receiver. I might be 5-9 but I have hands to make up for my height, lol.

7. By Andy Kw on Apr 21, 2013 | Reply

Is it me but was the year that Kevin Kolb came in the year our team could have possibly made the playoffs, I don’t know but I feel that Kevin Kolb could have been the answer to our QB quandry (I know it was the past but just here me out):
    -Lets evaluate the 2011 NFL Season of the Arizona Cardinals:
    Kevin Kolb’s games:
    -First game, this team played Cam Newton and the Panthers. This team won so I won’t go much into the issues in this game.
    -Second game, this team played Rex Grossman and the Redskins. This win was within our grasp but the reason this team lost is because of WR Chansi Stuckey. He fumbled which was the reason we lost in week 2. We lost 21-22.
    -We also lost to the Seattle Seahawks. We lost to them because our Defensive Backs failed to contain Tarvaris Jackson’s pass last minute which is why we ended up losing 10-13.
    -This team had the win of the Giants within our grasp, but the penalty which was overruled was taken back. WR Victor Cruz fumbled the ball which as clear but the referees took back a penalty that was clear. We should have won this game but lost 27-31 because they took back the turnover which eventually led to a touchdown drive.
    -The Baltimore Raven’s game was the game I just want to forget. Kevin Kolb did his part in the first half of the game. But all the defense had to do was hold the the ravens down just 2 quarters more but our team did terrible covering the pass and in a way, stopping the run. We lost 27-30. Yes, Kevin Kolb could have done better in the 2nd half of the game but he didn’t have to do much if the Defense just played consistently then.
    John Skelton:
    -The loss to the CIncinnati Bengals as we all remember was a win this team could have gotten. WR Early Doucet tripped which costed us the game. It would have been an easy touchdown but Doucet destroyed the win and made it a loss 16-23 and we should not have went for the 2 point conversion which we failed and could have made us 17-23 and if Doucet caught it, it would have been the game winning touchdown.

-Our defense in the first half of the season was the reason why we lost all of those games. Kevin Kolb would not have been a bust to us if it wasn’t for our defense. We were 8-8 I believe in 2011 while we could have been 13-3. The losses to the 49ers away, Steelers home, and Vikings away were reasonable losses. We lost to the 49ers 7-23, Steelers 20-32, and Vikings 10-34. Defense was to blame all season and Kolb is to blame a little.

8. By Cactus jeff on Apr 21, 2013 | Reply

Top tier are Chance Warmack and Dion Jordan.
    Next level Sheldon Richardson and Star,
    third level Ziggy, Travon Austin, Luke Joeckle, and Eric Fisher
    I would be happy with any of these players at #7. After these 7 a big drop off

Second round Magus Hunt if OL is addressed in 1st round

The 2 players toughest to rank are Ogletree and Jarvis Jones. Great SEC players but slow and small is no way to have a great career in the NFL.

9. By monzz on Apr 22, 2013 | Reply

Andy Kv

I disagree Kolb was a bust from the get go !. First year complained he couldn’t learn the playbook, no wonder he is gone. 2. Second year tries to stare down WR and holds the ball to long and yup gets hurt. 3. Third year gets beat out by Shelton then comes in and wins a few games that could have gone either way AND .. gets hurt again. 4. Whiz N Punt (the time manager) dumped for BadAss, BadAss dispenses with Kolb without seeing him in action, that by itself should earn BadAss coach of the year in 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. By D on Apr 22, 2013 | Reply

Great job to all who participated in the Pat’s Run. Every year it gets bigger.

Draft Week!!!!!!!!!!!

My attempt to read the tea leaves if All 3 Left tackles are gone by 7.
    (let’s hope not, but you never know if a team will move up past AZ)

All 3 OT are gone and D. Millner, CB is on the board still. Cards call the Dolphins who covet him, do a deal in which AZ moves down to pick 14, picks up another 2nd round pick and another pick in 2014 draft)

Round 1–14th slot–Fluker OT ALA. Cards make him the Right Tackle and move Massie to Right G.
    Round 2– D. Moore. OLB. He has fallen do to being a knucklehead, Cards can’t pass up his talent/value at this spot.
    Round 2–(from MIA) Z. Ertz TE. Great bookend to Housler
    Round 3– J.J. Wilcox S
    Round 4–M. Gillislee RB
    Round 5–L. Jones QB
    Round 6– T. Hawthorne CB

11. By Mike Ellingboe on Apr 22, 2013 | Reply

@Dynosoar,

A few meaningless corrections to your Miami/Tennessee game:

1) It was 35-7.
    2) The Hurricanes are the “U” – not Florida.

However, I do like the reference of that and the Bama/Utah game you mentioned. The problem with trying to apply it to the NFL, is they don’t take off a month, sometimes up to a month and a half off in-between games like the FBS Bowl system, which may have as much to do with the upsets as anything.

Again, will hope you’re right about our match-ups with Seattle this year, but I have to temper that with recommending against placing any bets with your brother.

12. By ored on Apr 22, 2013 | Reply

D-for the most part this would be ok,just not crazy about moving massie from tackle to guard after his stellar play 2nd half of the season,and you never know who falls to that 1st round pick either.