• Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM MST NFL Draft First round of the NFL draft.

Bell is a thoroughbred

Posted by Darren Urban on May 17, 2013 – 11:32 am

Yeremiah Bell has flown under the radar a bit since his arrival in Arizona. He signed a one-year contract for the veteran minimum, his signing was the only one not leaked early on a day when the Cards signed five and cut Kerry Rhodes. Now that he is on the field, though, it’s hard to miss Bell. He technically has been a free safety in his career, but to look at him certainly screams strong safety. Literally. Just look at those arms.

“I guess over the years, it’s just from lifting weights,” Bell said. He doesn’t mind talking about his physique but he clearly isn’t someone who is looking to brag. “Everyone always gets on me because my legs are small,” Bell added. “I was born with club feet, so it’s a little difficult for me to get my legs like my arms. I guess I just built over time. Everyone starting admiring them, so of course I started work them a little harder. It’s fun. Guys mess with me.”

That’s hard to believe. The Cardinals had another safety who treated his body as a temple — perhaps you remember Adrian Wilson? — and nobody was going to mess with him.

“When I was in Miami (with the Dolphins), the guys always used to get on me, saying I looked like a linebacker up top and a receiver down low,” Bell said, chuckling. “I told them it was good, because I’m from Kentucky. I asked them if they had ever seen a thoroughbred horse. A thoroughbred horse has little bitty legs and is big up top. I am a thoroughbred from Kentucky. That’s how I explain it to them.”

BellBicepBlog

Tags: ,

17 Responses to “Bell is a thoroughbred”

1. By djjackson81 on May 17, 2013 | Reply

Dam dog can we get some close line tackles of Niners RB’s?

2. By carlo milano on May 17, 2013 | Reply

Last year with laron landry they made the ”hulk” duo

3. By DontTakeLosses on May 17, 2013 | Reply

Coach Arians speech on vid D posted : “Your resume is your tape, your resume is not your mouth… build it on tape, you got 10 more sessions to state your case to make this team… on tape” Sweet, lol. Trying not to be too optimsitic, at least we know we will be competitive.. he’s in it to win it, no doubt…

4. By beardinals on May 17, 2013 | Reply

Enjoy the gun show. Jeeeez!

5. By Erik on May 17, 2013 | Reply

Darren you forgot to show his legs in the pic lol

6. By bigal on May 17, 2013 | Reply

I hope his legs can hold all season, big arms dont add much functionally on a football field, while big haunches can extend a career.

7. By Rio on May 17, 2013 | Reply

YEREMIAH BELL

I am 73 years old and i swear i play high School ball with him, but i think he was a year a head of me.

This is our year Cards.

8. By Ethan on May 17, 2013 | Reply

DAMN!!! I can’t wait to see him tackle!

9. By georgiebird on May 17, 2013 | Reply

BA wants to make sure if Seattle and SF beat us on the scoreboard- they won’t beat us physically. Good move by BA and FO

10. By Andrew W on May 17, 2013 | Reply

Yeremiah Bell,
    A tough strong guy, I have to commend him for that. My fear is that the 26th ranked run defense of the NYJ will repeat with the Cardinals with him as the starter.
    -You can have all the muscles and strength you want but if you on’t have speed, then it is rendered useless.

11. By bigal on May 18, 2013 | Reply

We had a thoroughbred on our team last year, his name was beanie wells. Hope his knees hold up.

12. By ored on May 18, 2013 | Reply

speed,strength,and smarts(teqnique),ideal to have all three,but to be extraordinary in one and ok in the others is not so bad,at least you know the areas you need to compensate for.you can still be a good player and play to your strength and plan for whatever else by just better positioning or help,not everyone is a superstud so you play as smart(gameplan) to your best advantage.after all each player is a part of a team and they all can’t be stars.

13. By Eazy E on May 18, 2013 | Reply

We’ll see how his coverage is because everybody in the NFL is big, can you cover at that position is the real question?#Kerry Rhodes Can

14. By Andy Kw on May 19, 2013 | Reply

I hope after this season ends that Karlos Dansby is signed to a bigger contract.
    I also hope that this team switches to a 4-3 Scheme next season.
    -Our Defensive Line next year could be Alex Okafor, Darnell Dockett, Dan Williams, Calais Campbell.
    -Our 3 Starting Linebackers: Karlos Dansby, Daryl Washington, Sam Acho.

15. By Nor cal cards fan on May 19, 2013 | Reply

Urb- Is there any chance you could post a video of BA’s interview on ESPN Sunday Conversation..? I forgot to set my DVR..

16. By Darren Urban on May 20, 2013 | Reply

Nor cal –

RE: Arians

Sorry, we don’t work with ESPN.

But … http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9289699

17. By Nor cal cards fan on May 20, 2013 | Reply

Thank you, Urb…appreciate it.