Progress with the bubble

Posted by Darren Urban on July 18, 2013 – 11:40 am

With the Cardinals getting ready to start training camp next week out at University of Phoenix Stadium, work continues on the bubble in the team’s backyard in Tempe. Again, it isn’t going to be ready before camp ends but it’s progressing to the point where it looks like there will be a way to get out of the heat early in the season. Not that the Cards play on turf much anymore, but it’ll be the first time the Cards will have the ability to practice on turf if they want as well.

Meanwhile, a few more players trickled in today to get in a little more work. You can definitely tell football is around the corner.

Tags:

8 Responses to “Progress with the bubble”

1. By Travis on Jul 18, 2013 | Reply

Phoenix Cardinals…. tsk tsk. Darren, do you think they will send up another team to hold camp at NAU? Seems like it’s a great place to practice

2. By Darren Urban on Jul 18, 2013 | Reply

Travis —

RE: Flagstaff

To quote a great philosopher, who’s “they?”

3. By Dynosoar on Jul 18, 2013 | Reply

I understand Marks thoughts about predictions, I hate them too, but it’s just so much fun.

You see, as I look at the schedule my biggest problem is who to think we’ll lose to. Because to be quite honest, I feel we can win against any team we’re playing this season.

So I have to say, well if we win this many games, we’ll probably be a little tired… or Sean Payton is back which should be as big a boost to the Saints as Arians is to us and since I already see us winning so many games in a row and we might be tired, I pick a loss.

I don’t know that we’re going to win more than 11 games, but by golly with the changes we’ve made and the hunger our players are showing (as long as they keep that hunger alive) and the coaching Ive seen from a distance, I see every single team on this schedule as win-able.

We swept the Division in our Super Bowl run and since I see us there again, we have to sweep. That takes the guess work out of Division games. I also see them as winnable.

“Aim for the treetops and you’ll drag your feet in the mud. Aim for the clouds and you’ll drag your feet in the treetops.” – Unknown (at least to me)

This is fitting since all my family and friends claim my head is in the clouds. Haha.

4. By George on Jul 19, 2013 | Reply

Dynosoar-

While I will agree with you that a winning season is very possible, I do not see the Cardinals sweeping the division. Seattle is very tough to beat at home and I think is the team to beat for the division this year. I do believe the Cardinals can win 10 or 11 games if they stay healthy. Go Cardinals!!!

5. By sbrown on Jul 20, 2013 | Reply

wins in the division is important. Last year Cards went 1 – 5 vs the NFC West. This year they need to go at least 3 – 3 or 4 – 2. Then use some of the non division games to get wins ( Detroit, Jax, Carolina, Tenn, Phily ) tough games vs Indy, NO, Houston but all could be winnable especially Indy and Houston here at UoP. The part of the schedule that looks tough is week 6 at SF then four days later vs Sea on Thursday – bye week – Atlanta then Houston. The only good thing is that the Thursday night game and the next two are all at UoP, no crazy travel for the team, that might make a big difference.

6. By ored on Jul 20, 2013 | Reply

all for the positive thinking and we have shown when we are on,we can beat the best,and just from the number of close scores last year with little offensive production,makes it easier to be cloud hopping.one thing for sure is everyones expectations are high,that’s a good thing.

7. By William Barry on Jul 21, 2013 | Reply

I see us winning the Divsion, and see Seattle (I hate that Ra-Ra attitude of Pete Carroll), and SF taking a step backward this season.

8. By fightingbird on Jul 21, 2013 | Reply

I see us winning the dang super bowl ,what do ya think about that.