The first depth chart

Posted by Darren Urban on August 5, 2013 – 1:42 pm

The Cardinals have released their first depth chart, and since coach Bruce Arians already explained what would have been the most noticeable move — LB Daryl Washington as third string, as the team prepares to not have him for the first four regular-season games — the rest of it kind of falls in line with how they have been practicing.

“I wouldn’t get too tied up with where anybody is at,” Arians said. “They might me listed as third in one package and be a starter in another package. I’m really not interested in answering a bunch of question where a guy is on the depth chart for this game.”

John Abraham is listed third at WILL linebacker behind Lorenzo Alexander and Matt Shaughnessy, but Abraham will be on the field in pass rush situations. Of that there is no doubt. Javier Arenas is listed as the No. 1 kickoff return man. Kerry Taylor is listed as the No. 4 receiver for now. Arenas and Antoine Cason are the backup cornerbacks to Patrick Peterson and Jerraud Powers. The rest of the lineup filters out pretty much exactly like they have been practicing in base looks on offense and defense.

Again, the whole chart is here.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

11 Responses to “The first depth chart”

1. By @Mikel_hAz on Aug 5, 2013 | Reply

Weird how jamel Fleming not on the depth chart…disappointing because I think he’s a talented player!

2. By Pat on Aug 5, 2013 | Reply

No Flemming? Not a good sign for him.

3. By mark on Aug 5, 2013 | Reply

Am I missing something or is Rob Housler not listed on here?

4. By mark on Aug 5, 2013 | Reply

just kidding!

5. By joe67 on Aug 5, 2013 | Reply

Darren, said it before, but needs repeated. As an out-of-stater you don’t know what this web site means. You do a fantastic job. I know more about the team now than when I was a season tik holder in St. Louis. The franchise has come a long way in PR.
    Thanx again to you and the org for having such a great sight.

6. By Mike Hadzinski C.M. PUNK on Aug 5, 2013 | Reply

bethel or flemming one is gone

7. By Darren Urban on Aug 5, 2013 | Reply

Mikel —

RE: Fleming

He was missing on the original one because of a clerical error. It has been fixed. No conspiracy theory.

8. By @Mikel_hAz on Aug 5, 2013 | Reply

@Darren thanks for the clarification! You do a great job as always

9. By evalen10 on Aug 5, 2013 | Reply

Kerry Taylor deserves to be listed at 4 he’s worked his tail off. At the 4 practices I’ve been at he always makes a play and you didn’t show him any love Darren. Wrote about Hawkins instead.

10. By Darren Urban on Aug 6, 2013 | Reply

evalen10 —

RE: Taylor

I understand, and I did think Kerry has flashed. But Arians, when he talks about “other” receivers, mentions Hawkins all the time and never has mentioned Taylor. Sometimes I have to listen to the guy who will be making the decisions.

11. By red2616 on Aug 6, 2013 | Reply

Wow, Floyd starting season as #2 WR and not Roberts. I figured it would be week 3 or 4. Tyrann Mathieu will be a starter fairly quick and Patrick Peterson will be N offensive factor. We are gonna shock people. I think putting Tyrann and Patrick at the same time on punts and kick offs and the kicker won’t kick it deep and we gain 10 yards automatically.