Cards add another D-lineman

Posted by Darren Urban on August 8, 2013 – 2:25 pm

The Cardinals added another defensive lineman to their ailing corps, claiming defensive lineman Cordian Hagans off of waivers after he was released by the Steelers. To make room, the team cut cornerback Josh Hill. Hagans was an undrafted rookie signed by the Steelers out of Louisiana-Lafayette.

The Cards have been short on the line with Dan Williams (ankle) and Ricky Lumpkin (ankle) are out. (They had lost Everrette Thompson to an arm injury too, although he has been waived injured.)

Tags: , , ,

8 Responses to “Cards add another D-lineman”

1. By Scott H on Aug 8, 2013 | Reply

Oh, no….more Steelers…sorry, I just had flashbacks for a minute there. But, hey, he’s not a washed up veteran, so…I’m good.

2. By Dynosoar on Aug 9, 2013 | Reply

For those of us outside Phoenix, the game will be rebroadcast on NFL network at 11:00 MST (I wish I knew for other time zones.)

Who Hoo! It’s game time tonight. Here’s to no injuries.

3. By Andy Kw on Aug 9, 2013 | Reply

I think we should have kept John Skelton as our third string QB. I just watched the film of John Skelton playing in Cincinnati and he was phenomenal/

4. By Darren Urban on Aug 9, 2013 | Reply

Dyno —

RE: Cards live in preseason

You can watch them live in every game with this package:

5. By KevinS on Aug 9, 2013 | Reply

Remember this guy !!

6. By jason on Aug 9, 2013 | Reply

Skelton played against the 3rd string guys…most of those guys won’t even be on the final roster. Considering he was our opening day starter last year I’d hope he looked good in that role.

7. By kyle on Aug 9, 2013 | Reply

Yeah Skelton have not heard that name in a while. I think he would have competed well against Stanton and had more game time and wins, especially in 11 beating SF and Seattle. I duly note he got the ball off fast in the video above and had protection and receivers open, none of that was the case last year.

Apparently Cinci is only going to keep one backup which is risky, good luck John..

8. By Cristopher Colon on Aug 11, 2013 | Reply

What?!!!! Lumpkin and Williams are out with an ankle injury? For how long? How serious was the injury.