Ellington among those not expected to play

Posted by Darren Urban on August 9, 2013 – 3:47 pm

The Cardinals are not going to have rookie running back Andre Ellington (neck) tonight. Again, in the preseason, there are no inactive lists, so an “iffy” guy can still dress and see how it goes.

Besides Ellington, those not expected to play include:

– WR Robert Gill (hamstring)

– WR Kerry Taylor (hamstring)

– CB Jamell Fleming (hamstring)

– RB Ryan Williams (knee)

– LB Karlos Dansby (hamstring)

– LB Alex Okafor (ankle)

– G Daryn Colledge (leg)

– TE Kory Sperry (ankle)

– TE Jeff King (knee)

– DT Dan Williams (ankle)

– DT Ricky Lumpkin (ankle)

Tags: ,

9 Responses to “Ellington among those not expected to play”

1. By Brady Ivie on Aug 9, 2013 | Reply

Does that mean Mendenhall’s playing?

2. By John The Draft Guy on Aug 9, 2013 | Reply

Too Bad, I really wanted to see Ellington, he looked very explosive.
    Kerry Taylor, Alex Okafor, and Kory Sperry are also going to be missed.

I think all 3 make the team and contribute if they can get healthy.

3. By Darren Urban on Aug 9, 2013 | Reply

Brady —

RE: Mendenhall

He hasn’t been ruled out yet.

4. By Eric G on Aug 9, 2013 | Reply

This preseason game, after the pick and then TD is everything I had wanted to see, minus better blocking on run plays so far, but I’ll give props for no hits on Palmer thus far.

5. By Eric G on Aug 9, 2013 | Reply

Darren, any reason why Smith is carrying the load at RB thus far? Are they playing it safe with Williams and Taylor?

6. By Eric G on Aug 9, 2013 | Reply

Obviously, missed the Williams post up top, sorry. But worried why we haven’t seen Taylor thus far.

7. By rdixon50 on Aug 9, 2013 | Reply

My wife loved the white long sleeve shirt one of the Cards not playing was wearing tonight. It had a grey outlined Cardinal. I looked on the internet and did not find one. Are those only for the players? If not, do you where can I get one for her?

Thanks,

Rick

8. By cardsalltheway on Aug 9, 2013 | Reply

S. Taylor landed on his head/face didn’t he? I certainly saw turf stuck in the corner of his face mask so shouldn’t we have pulled him out of the game for a check-up? I thought teams were supposed to have people watching each play for that kind of thing.

9. By Darren Urban on Aug 9, 2013 | Reply

Rick —

RE: Long sleeve shirt

I’d have to check, but that might be players-only.