• Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM MST NFL Draft First round of the NFL draft.

Cards-Cowboys sells out, and the bag policy

Posted by Darren Urban on August 14, 2013 – 1:30 pm

The Cardinals open their 2013 home preseason schedule Saturday at 1:30 p.m. when the Dallas Cowboys come to University of Phoenix Stadium, and for the 74th straight time, the Cardinals have officially sold out a home game.

That makes them 74-for-74 since moving into the building. It also means the game will be aired live locally (on ABC-15). The game will also have a national outlet with NFL Network airing the broadcast. Dave Pasch, Ron Wolfley and Jody Jackson handle the TV duties. Paul Calvisi, Bertrand Berry and Damien Anderson are on the radio side via KTAR 92.3 FM.

(And at 10 a.m., I will be on with Anderson with the opening hour of pre-game analysis on 92.3. You know, if you have a radio handy.)

– And if you are coming to the game, please, please, please remember the NFL’s new bag policy is in effect. You can learn all about the details by clicking here or by going to http://azcardinals.com/bagpolicy.

Tags: , ,

25 Responses to “Cards-Cowboys sells out, and the bag policy”

1. By D on Aug 14, 2013 | Reply

Miss me Darren?

This Sat game should be a scouting opportunity for the Cards. Dallas is in bad need of OL, especially the G spot and AZ currently has too many. (if Colledge is healthy).
    I know this wouldn’t happen, but what about talking to Jerry or his son about sending C. Rachel to them for one of their TE’s on the roster. J. Hanna or A. Smith. (they drafted Escobar so they do have a replacement still for Witten)

Question: does a 9mo old baby require a ticket to enter the gates? Maybe NFL should adapt the Airline rule, all kids under 2yrs old get in free! (one way of reaching out to the mothers out there)
    thanks

2. By Brett n Co. on Aug 14, 2013 | Reply

Crazy!! From 1st string to the guys fighting for a job…….. bury the cowgirls!!!

3. By NYCardinals on Aug 14, 2013 | Reply

I saw the first quarter of the Steelers’ preseason game, and LaRod Stephens-Howling looked really good. He’s still fun to watch.

4. By Darren Urban on Aug 14, 2013 | Reply

D –

RE: Babies

Any kid 2 or under gets in free but you have to get a “lap pass” beforehand. You can ask for one as you go to enter the stadium.

It’s here under “Children’s ticket policy”

5. By Ben on Aug 14, 2013 | Reply

Does Iheartradio carry 92.3 for all of us out of towners? Dont have the app, but will get it if it does.

6. By Miamiredbird on Aug 14, 2013 | Reply

Its mentioned that its a sellout…..again…….PLEASE give me an honest percentage and tell me how many will be wearing Cowboy blue….and this is preseason………This is the only town where the visitors get more love than ANYWHERE else……and it kills me……#noloyalty

7. By rod on Aug 14, 2013 | Reply

I’ll bet the 9 month old baby just loves the game. How can you subject those little ears to that noise. That’s not cool.

8. By Eazy E on Aug 14, 2013 | Reply

Nice to hear from Bertrand Berry! Our last great pass rusher from the DE/OLB position.

9. By Dr. G on Aug 14, 2013 | Reply

My dear D….. Let me be kind….. Get Gramma to baby sit and leave your toddler at home. This is not an environment for small children, probably up to 7 years old. I always notice that the kids don’t really like the noise necessary to root for the Cards, and no one wants to sit next to a lap kid. The children who are up to about 7 feel a little scared in the push of the crowds, and God forbid they can become disoriented and get lost…. Enjoy the game….Leave the little ones at home. Take them to a more appropriate activity for children….better for both of you….Be well…

10. By Mark on Aug 14, 2013 | Reply

Hey Darren, we all know the cards kickers didnt do well in the first preseason game. I was wondering if they have also struggled in practice and if so would they look at bringing in Dan Carpenter. He seems like a pretty relieable kicker and just got released from Miami. His release seems more money motivated rather than performance.

11. By brian on Aug 14, 2013 | Reply

what does it mean by sold out? cause ive seen some sold out games where the stadium looks half way empty..

12. By John The Draft Guy on Aug 14, 2013 | Reply

Miamiredbird,

The sad thing about fans wearing cowboy stuff is they live in the past.

Do you know my 16 year old daughter has only seen one playoff win by the cowboys in her life and she has watched the cards win 5 playoff games. Yep, over the last 16 years, the cards have won 5 times as many playoff games.

What people dont realize is the cowboys aren’t contenders anymore and haven’t been for a long time, yet NFL Network, ESPN, and SI always are acting like the cowboys are superbowl bound. The cowboys wont win their division. The Giants and Redskins are better.

But most of those idiot cowboy fans will be yelling about their superbowls in which some of them are too young to have seen.

Hey the cards won a championship in 1947 too.

13. By azdesertrat1953 on Aug 15, 2013 | Reply

Over half the Cowboys fans that will be there will wear Red at the next game!
    I’ve seen more than one Cowboys sticker, and Others, on cars and trucks in the parking lot at Training Camp, 90% of those people were wearing Red.

It sucks, but what I like is that the Cards seem to have a Knack for beating them in some clever way to achieve a Win!
    That fact alone will make the Blue turn Red, because every time they come to Arizona or we go to Texas or where ever they meet, the Cardinals Win!!!

As for the Sell Out, I still remember all the Haters who said that it would Never happen, hahaha AZ Cards sell a game out HAHAHA.

“Well, HA HA HA, right back at A L L of You!”

GO CARDS!!!

14. By LadyBird04 on Aug 15, 2013 | Reply

Ben

I have gone to the KTAR website and have listened to the radio programs on their sports station. I get the pre-game shows but for some reason as soon as the game begins I get crummy alternate programming.

Darren – Does the NFL prohibit this from going over the internet and then does KTAR block it from their website?

Miss the local p;oint of view – here in SW Florida all we seem to get is the other team’s broadcasters who don’t even know the players names/positions.

15. By Dynosoar on Aug 15, 2013 | Reply

The new bag policy is because of Saints (‘Aints) fans. We’ll know who’s under the bag so they can’t hide their faces anymore.

16. By Darren Urban on Aug 15, 2013 | Reply

Mark –

RE: Kickers

I can’t speak directly to Carpenter, but would I be surprised if they made a move at kicker before the regular season started? No. I think Feely is being evaluated a lot like others.

17. By Darren Urban on Aug 15, 2013 | Reply

LadyBird –

RE: games on radio/internet

No, you can’t just get regular radio broadcasts over the net. Have to get this:

18. By Ben on Aug 15, 2013 | Reply

Hey Darren,

If I download that NFL audiopass can I pick our announcers? Watching that Greenbay last week killed me, I think they knew about 5 guys on our teams name.

Ill pick up the audiopass if I get AZ announcers for all games.

19. By D on Aug 15, 2013 | Reply

Dr. G-
    The world in the Suite level is not the same as getting drunkin Cowboy fan spilling beer on me and my family.

20. By Darren Urban on Aug 15, 2013 | Reply

Ben –

RE: Audiopass

I am pretty sure you get to pick which broadcast but let me double check.

21. By John The Draft Guy on Aug 15, 2013 | Reply

It blows my mind how I get a thumbs down on the cardinal board for stating the cards have won 5 times more playoff games than the cowboys over the last 17 years. You know, the truth!!

Must be a closet cowboy fan on this board.

You know, Since the cards beat the cowboys in 1998 (technically 1999), the cowboys would not win another playoff game till 2010. Which is the last time they were in the playoffs. The cards have also beat them in the last 3 meetings.

America’s Team, yeah right. this is not the Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin cowboys folks. Those days are long gone.

22. By sbrown on Aug 15, 2013 | Reply

AZdesertrat –
    agree with you, I see plenty of Patriots / Packers / Steelers / Cowboys stickers, window decals and or license plate frames all over the valley. Many “Cardinal Fans” if their team is here all of the sudden become a visitor fan, then the next game there are back in Cardinal red & white. Hey, if you live here, you need to support 100% the local team. It’s Ok to still follow some other team, but really if you invest your $ in AZ, then come on and wear the red & white !

23. By Boss on Aug 16, 2013 | Reply

The Cowboys haven’t had success since 96 and even while the triplets remained together till 2000. 5 superbowls for an organization is great, but nothing to brag about today. However since it has been so long since the last SuperBowl…What is taking so long for everyone to catch up? You gonna mess around until Dallas has another dynasty and wonder why didn’t other teams take advantage. Go NFL!!

24. By Dr. G on Aug 16, 2013 | Reply

Hey D again…. Our construction company has had suite tix for many years back to ASU… still not an ideal environment for super small kids. Enjoy the game and get some head phones for your poor little one… If your little one had a choice, it would be gramma or a fun baby sitter……… the ticket office is very kind to this unreasonable request… there is no justification…. I’m done with this…

25. By Dr. G on Aug 16, 2013 | Reply

New note… for the Cowboy fans… I have two favorite teams: The Cardinals and whoever is playing the Cowboys that particular day…