Chargers aftermath

Posted by Darren Urban on August 25, 2013 – 12:22 am

Ugly doesn’t even begin to describe what happened to the Cardinals Saturday night. If the Cards could have only left it at the stadium. If only a bad night for special teams or dropped passes or anything like that was the worst that happened.

But the long list of injuries the Cards had been avoiding – they only had five guys not able to play coming into the game, for goodness sake, and frankly, only Jeff King was among those guys who have a shot at the roster – came back hard. The most devastating is Jonathan Cooper’s broken leg. Here’s the guy who was drafted to jump start an offensive line resurgence. And now he could be out for the season.

There are lots of ways to look at this and we won’t know exactly what can happen with Cooper yet. There are options to put him on short-term, bring-’em-back IR if the prognosis goes the right way. But that doesn’t make it any easier to replace him. Do we get more Chilo? Do we get a Paul Fanaika-Daryn Colledge guard combo? Bruce Arians isn’t sure yet. There will be much brainstorming tomorrow, I am sure. But it hurts.

“To see a guy like that go down, a young guy trying to go out there and prove himself, that’s always hard,” Colledge said. “Especially with an offensive line that lost a lot of guys last year. We’re used to this, but it’s always hard to see a friend and a teammate go down. I know it hurts him. I know he’s probably emotionally distraught right now.”

– It can’t be easy for Cooper. It might not be easy for the Cards. MRIs are coming for all the other injuries, but the offense alone saw Cooper, Rob Housler (ankle), Andre Roberts (quad) and Rashard Mendenhall (ankle) leave the game. Scary.

– As for the game, not good. The Rashad Johnson lateral was bad. Funny, Arians actually praised the lateral linebacker Jasper Brinkley made to Patrick Peterson earlier in the game following an interception, saying it was a legitimate choice. Johnson’s lateral? “Absolutely asinine.”

Johnson knows that. He was upset after a pass interference call on teammate Jerraud Powers a couple of plays before and let his emotions ride the moment. “I just felt like we needed to make a play, which we did, instead of thinking of the situation we were in and playing smart football,” Johnson said. “Coach is always talking about ‘Cardinals beating Cardinals.’ That was a big Cardinals-beating-Cardinals play.”

– Powers was hit with three pass interference flags. He said he felt a couple of them shouldn’t have been thrown, but took responsibility for not adjusting to the way the officials were calling the game.

– Ryan Williams said he was “fine” after a pair of carries (for 10 yards) and a catch in his first preseason action of the season. I thought he looked aggressive for what little time he got. He needed to be. With Alfonso Smith coming out and looking good as Mendenhall’s backup, this running back battle is very interesting. Could the Cards keep five?

– Not a good night for the tight ends. Housler dropped a touchdown (Arians didn’t seemed all that concerned about it), while Kory Sperry and D.C. Jefferson also had drops. Jefferson’s miss ended up an interception.

– Not a ton learned in the kicking battle, since neither got much opportunity. Dan Carpenter had a field goal blocked on what looked like protection issues. Jay Feely made an extra point. Feely had both kickoffs.

– Arians wasn’t overly critical of Levi Brown’s play against Dwight Freeney because, well, it was Dwight Freeney. Nate Potter had his own issues, so it’s not like there is someone there that would step in.

– Michael Floyd made a nice catch in the back of the end zone for the touchdown.  Larry Fitzgerald’s one-handed catch to start the game was amazing. Other than that, a night to forget.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

52 Responses to “Chargers aftermath”

1. By david on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

Thats why i asked who was starting at FS . JOHNSOn is not the replacement , levi brown is not the answer , cooper im sorry but next year is ur year , housler bro wtf , and the play calling wasnt great bruce.

Keep rolling big red , fans dont expect a 10 wins season.
    Ill pray for fast recoveries for all
    And the one s who get cut , keep fighting.

2. By UK cards fan on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

Hey darren, I left that game feeling like I just got ice picked in the groin. I’m actually having a hard time going to sleep, it was hard hearing how deflated BA was during the post-game interviews. Anyway,

What kind of action will the banged up first string see against denver on thursday?

3. By Eazy E on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

I’m going to see the replay of the game because nfl network was tripping with the coverage of the game being late and in and out at the start. They usually are on point so I’m going to look at the replay which they play often and evaluate accordingly. I saw some and it wasn’t pretty. I hate that J-Coop broke his leg damn! Big loss for an already struggling line from last year and maybe this year too. We still have Winston, Sendlein, maybe Fanaika, but the other 2 being Levi and Daryn got a helluva lot to prove and work on now!

4. By Eazy E on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

Here comes that stinking injury bug good grief. All the guys that got injured are expected to be big contributors except for D.C. Cooper was obviously the starting LG and 7th overall pick. Shaughnessy is the starting RE or LE in nickel packages and a key player on the front 7. Housler is the starting TE who needs to show well. Mendenhall is the starting back. ‘Dre is the 3rd receiver and very important now more than ever because of the passing league the nfl has rapidly become. Lastly, Dan Williams is the starting nose and very important obviously in the 3-4 defense.

5. By cardsalltheway on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

Move Levi to guard and N. Potter to LT, simple and obvious.

6. By carlo milano on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

watching the tape ,injured happened cause cooper was faster then our running back

7. By Sackman on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

You summed it up in 4 words. A night to forget!

8. By Dan263305 on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

God hates the Arizona Cardinals.

9. By Chris B on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

As soon as I saw the replay, coupled with Cooper’s inability to put weight on it, I called the broken leg (I said ankle but I was close). It sucks. In 3 consecutive plays we lost Housler, Cooper, and then Roberts. That hurts.

Before anyone freaks out, I call to mind the 2010 3rd preseason game. The Cards played the Bears and both O and D destroyed the Bears. That year, the Bears went to the NFC Championship game and the Cards…. did not. It sucked watching them take a step back tonight but I don’t think we are doomed.

My prediction is the Cards will start the season 1-3 before things start to click. Even with Peyton Manning, the Broncos took 6 games or so to hit stride. I see something similar.

At least we aren’t the Jets. Hurray for no QB competitions!

10. By Lynn on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

Darren:

From the left:

Brown, Colledge, Sendlein, Winston, Massie

11. By Chuck 1 on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

WTH is going on with the laterals???
    If Bowles and BA are teaching the defense to make laterals, that is “asinine”.
    It’s schoolyard football.
    STOP IT.

12. By mal on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

If a player gets a penalty, you can blame the individual.

But if a team as a whole gets a dozen penalties, that falls on the coachintg staff. This team was not well prepared to play.

I wish a reporter had the guts to ask Bruce Arians if he will ever put his own name on that dreaded Accountability List, becuz after this game his name should be the first one on there.

13. By C.M PUNK on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

i can’t wait until we FIRE THAT GARBAGE D COORDINATOR BOWELS WHAT A PATHETIC COACH ITS FUNNY WHEN I WATCH BROWNS PRESEASON THEY CALL HIM RAY HORTON A UPCOMING HEAD COACH THEY DONT EVEN MENTION BOWELS…… WHAT A JOKE OF A D COORDINATOR HE DOESN’T EVEN GO AN EXTRA MILE TO SCHEME LIKE RAY DID AGAINST THE PAT….. FIRE TODD BOWELS AT END OF SEASON……… SLOPPY D..ITS FUNNY THAT THE PLAYERS LIKE IT B/C THERE ALLOWED TO DO WHAT THEY WANT TO DO ITS ALREADY BEEN POSTED ON ARTICLES AROUND HERE…

14. By Bay Area Bad Boy on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

Well, Its the preseason and it doesn’t count. More of an evaluation tool than anything else. I could see this coming and glad it happened this game instead of the last preseason game. Now lets see how the team bounces back on the road. I feel for all the players that got injured, but that’s football. Hope BA can turn Palmer around. Passing over the middle all the time causes interceptions and injuries. But I do like the offense compared to last year. It was a bad game as a team. All aspects. Offense, defense and special teams. Next week will be a teller for me, even though most starters probably wont play much, I’m looking for a bounce back mentality and hopefully come out of the game with a win and no more injuries. Really feel bad for Cooper, But he will be back if not this year, definitely next year.

15. By jstn on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

one of the ugliest games ive ever seen, wow talk about going backwards.

16. By azwldcats on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

Is Dan Williams ok?

17. By D on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

The injuries are terrible, the type that will change a season, but let’s not forget the bad play before the injuries. The CB across from Peterson will get picked on all year, so whoever starts is in for a long year.
    Levi Brown was exposed again. The TE spot on this team is weak. Ryan Williams won’t make the team in due because A. Smith has made the team on hard work and great effort. N. Potter is not a left tackle, probably will be cut. The run defense is a major concern, especially if D. Williams is not healthy this year.
    The starting 5 Off lineman now with the Cooper injury will be:
    Brown, Colledge, Sendlein, Fanaika, Winston with Massie and Rachal as backups.
    Hard to tell about the pass rush in preseason, time will tell. Hopefully Rashard is not hurt because he was the only bright spot on offense.

18. By SteveG on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

Only (hopeful) positive is that Cooper has a break..actually a better prognosis than many soft tissue injures for long term recovery (ask Ryan Williams) although there is a chance for both being present perhaps?

Gruesome evening….

19. By reap37 on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

I know it’s only one pre-season game, but it reminded me of Cardinal’s past, especially with all the injuries. I think BA has his hands full with coaching a team who is prone to injury and dumb mistakes. I knew I shouldn’t have been encouraged with the first two games. I hope the team can regroup and get on a track of continuous improvement. They cannot afford to play bad games like this and have any shot! Go Card’s, please!!

20. By Mike G on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

Hey Darren– Hope all is well! Rough night for the Card’s yesterday –especially on the injury front. Really feel bad for Cooper that he is done for the season. Hopefully Mendenhalls injury is not serious. Other guys nicked up as well. The game was ugly and the only thing positive to come out of it to me was the running game. Johnson has to be lambasted for that lateral – he has to be smarter in that situation. If he does that in a reg-season game–he will be benched. Also too many penalties– they have to be more disciplined. Also Darren–I may be in the minority but I wish the Card’s would not play Peterson on offense. Just have him stick to corner and special teams— Concentrate on mentoring the Honey Badger on defense .He has plenty to learn at those positions and I believe he can be a distraction to the Card’s offense and you know the opposing defenses
    are going to take shots at him as an offensive player. Arians should Just concentrate on getting the ball to Fitz, Floyd, Roberts etc…. I think Arians is making a mistake working Peterson in on the offense this early in the season. Arena football this is not!!!
    Darren–Do you think it is wise to work Peterson in with the offense this early in the season–lots of other things to work on??????

21. By Campbells on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

Worst performance I’ve ever seen from this team!
    The enthusiasm I had for this season just evaporated in 1-night. The guys weren’t disciplined, focused, and didn’t play with heart.
    Cooper is blocking downfield for a teammate, only to be run-over by him (learn to run with your eyes open)! If a guy is blocking for you, read the block, and go around.
    Can’t stress enough, this lame effort was just awful to endure.

22. By mal on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

I just watched Coach Arians interview, and he said about all the stupid mistakes and penalties “those are all things when youre not ready to play — I take responsibility for that.”

Thats exactly what I was asking for. All the best leaders know you must lead by example. Good for you, Coach — thanks.

23. By credit card on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

Yogi Berra’s line of “It’s like deja vu all over again” is ringing in my head.

Someone tell me, we didn’t peak at the Packers game.

24. By redimsok on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

After that third pass interference call in the end zone it looked like Powers bumped in to the ref trying to argue the call, he’s lucky he didn’t get ejected and slapped with a suspension. Someone else (I think it was Johnson) managed an unsportsmanlike on the play anyway.

Was really intrigued by the running game though, hopefully that was the result of hard work by all of the O-Line and there isn’t a huge regression without Cooper.

On a side note, the Stanton sack had to be one of the funniest plays I’ve ever seen, the dude literally turned, ran backwards 22 yards and fell over… awesome.

25. By credit card on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

“We made too many wrong mistakes.” another Berra axiom

Stink, stank, stunk. Grinch

26. By ored on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

have’nt been this disappointed since last year,that said,it was still only a preseason game and we still have another week and game to get it right.feel sorry for coop,but good that fanaika has shown promise and we did draft depth at guard.
    need to start throwing low and away to housler so he has to reach and catch with his hands,not his pads.bring back rhodes,make rashad sit on the bench again to learn.looks like we’ll be looking at te’s,rb’s and maybe another tackle next draft,plus we have to fix the db position opposite pp,does’nt appear anyone is gonna step up and claim it.odd how we have fitz and pp,but has been so hard to fill in a complement to them,either better scouting or use a higher draft pick and get some quality.
    if we go with a primary rb,then we should be looking at a large,rugged back built to take hits,but even then is no guarantee,look at mendehall’s and beanie’s knee problems.we just have to be not only good but lucky also.still a good thing keim is getting solid depth,never know whose turn it will be to step up.
    this was a setback but i still like the direction we’re headed,deep down we knew this was more than a one year project,we had years of poor planning to overcome.wiz got a bit of satisfaction,we’ll see what it’s worth at the end of the season.i still believe once we gel and all the coaching takes hold,we’ll be fine.

27. By infitzwetrust on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

Whats worst for an NFL lineman: Breaking leg (bone), or tearing acl/mcl/ (ligaments)? Just wondering the pros n cons.

I hope big coop a speedy recovery.

28. By joe67 on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

Well, I said in an earlier post I thought it would be good to loose at least one game in pre-season. I just didn’t want it to be quite this bad, and certainly not with all the injuries. Cooper is a real blow and so is Dan Williams. Time for some others to step up and for Keim to work some more magic, if possible. Hopefuly the injuries won’t be as bad as first thought.
    Very concerned about the run defense!!

29. By Darren Urban on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

UK –

RE: Denver starters

If they play at all I don’t expect it to be much beyond a series or two.

30. By Darren Urban on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

Mike G –

RE: Peterson

I don’t think they’d put him there if they didn’t think it could work.

31. By Darren Urban on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

Campbells –

RE: “Worst performance I’ve ever seen”

You obviously did not watch the game in Seattle last year then.

32. By Darren Urban on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

Campbells –

RE: “Worst performance I’ve ever seen”

You obviously did not watch the game in Seattle last year then.

33. By John The Draft Guy on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

Her is my take;

- Cooper, Colledge, and Sendlin looked very good. I take back everything I said about Colledge if he can continue to play like that. Sendlin looked like a pro bowler in this game. Really great job inside.

- Losing Cooper is really tough. If I was in charge, it would be colledge, Sendlin and Fanaika inside.

- Levi Brown played terrible. Holding calls, sacks and pressure. Potter looked worse. Watching that game, you have to wonder if there is someone available for a trade or is going to be released. To no ones surprise, Levi is not elite and LT is an issue. That is an old Freeney, who only had 5 sacks last year. No more excuses.

- I dont know how to feel about our TEs. They can get open and be a threat but then drop so many balls.

- I am not a fan of our defensive line. If you TiVo’ed the game, go back and watch Dockett and Campbell. These guys are getting blown out. At least Campbell will flash and make a big play but Dockett does nothing. Oh he hustles and tries, But nothing. Where is this “Docketts big year” . He is handled one on one in each of the games. Before giving me a thumbs down, go back and watch dockett play by play. I saw one play he made. Since cutting him would actually cost the cards, he isnt going anywhere but he is a liability out there.

- Johnson pitching the ball wasnt the mistake after the fumble. It was who he pitched it to. Where was Acho going? Now if it was PP or HB, pitch the ball.

- Palmer looks good to me. He put the ball on the receivers and there were drops or guys stopping their patterns. He is the real deal. I am just worried we can not protect him. Not to mention, again holding takes away a play to Fitz.

- Alphonso Smith’s best game. This is the first game I thought he looked like a NFL RB.

34. By kauaicardsfan on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

Aloha Darren,
    I was watching the game and seems like powers was getting “owned” who is the next man up ? Is it Cason? Even last week powers was getting burned on some big plays? Also you could tell Dansby was playing like he was off for a couple of weeks?

I see number #83 will be on the chopping block, he was doing everything wrong!
    But truthfully seemed liked the whole team was not prepared to play?

As always Mahalo for all the updates and added info!

35. By Darren Urban on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

Kauai –

RE: Cason

Cason is behind Powers. We’ll see what happens.

And no, it didn’t look like anyone was ready.

36. By CDJ on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

what this team needs, is time. you cannot expect this team to be at its peak with simply a couple months of time together. the more game time this team spends together, the better they will get. and for people bashing bowles remember, when horton came here the defense was one of the worst. how did they get better? thats right, by spending more time together. that is what this team needs, is more time to play together in the new schemes with the new coaches.

37. By thebreakneck on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

I know this is going to sound homerish but as an high school official who gives the zebras the benifit of the doubt it sure did seem like officiating took over this game. Cards were called on everything even close and chargers got away with a few. That being said palmer is going to get someone killed he was constantly setting up the receivers for big hits. When is launching at the knees going to become illegal (that hit on roberts was ridiculous) it causes just as many injuries and problems later in life as concussions do. I also would have liked to see more of williams he may be scared to get hit at this point but take it from someone who has coached pee wee the only way to tell if he will get over it is to hit him 10-20 times and see if he is still scared he is defiantly a talent but a talented player can’t benefit you on the sidelines no matter how good he is. I like our running backs RM has looked sharp ST gets the short yardage carries AS is a nice change of pace back where do williams and ellington fit in and who do you cut maybe a moot point if RM has to miss time. I love what this team did this year but we still have tons of questions to answer. GO CARDS!!

38. By rod on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

It’s not worth the gamble of him getting hurt.

39. By truths4all on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

After watching BA’s “elite tackle” Levi Brown get repeatedly knocked back, run around, and cut inside by Freeny, it is clear that Brown nor Potter is the answer at left tackle. BA’s flip answer that Freeny can have his way all day with Brown because he is Freeny does not cut it if your want Palmer to produce and the Cards to win. If Palmer is getting hurried and hit, he is not going to produce and the Cards are not going to win.

Based on the personnel the Cards have left, the most pressing question is CAN WINSTON PLAY LEFT TACKLE?

40. By cardsalltheway on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

” Here’s the guy who was drafted to jump start an offensive line resurgence. And now he could be out for the season.”

And to think we only drafted 2 OL. This is why we should’ve drafted more than 2. Keim must’ve forgotten how bad our OL was last year and didn’t foresee the possibility of an injury. Hey, let’s draft a slot receiver instead. Brilliant! Same ole same ole in 2013. One or two draft picks does not equal an OL resurgence. Yeah yeah yeah I know i know, we signed Winston but the only thing he does is put Massie on the bench.

41. By stevenanimator on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

What was with all those missed tackles??? Krikey! Much of the Defense looked like they decided to take the night off. Dansby looked lost on the field. Guys were huffing and puffing, sweat rolling down their face like they hadn’t run that hard in weeks! Hats off to the Chargers who came out hitting hard. They looked hungry. The Cardinals were looking for a sofa and the remote. What an embarrassment.

42. By Hammy on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

Bad game… Yes. Besides it being a bad game, we just did not play the way we are capable of playing. Look at our offense and defense. On paper we have a very dangerous team but we just need time to put it together. For all you die hard football fans out there, let me take a minute to refresh your minds. Remember just a couple of years ago the Green Bay Packers had a slew of injuries? Well that year was their best year cause they won the freakin Super Bowl. No matter who suits up and puts their helmet on, if you dont play with passion and heart, then you aint gonna win. Our coaches have this team headed in the right direction. Am I optimistic about our team this year? Yes, I am and I expect nothing less than a Super Bowl title year in and year out no matter what! This is what preseason games are for, to learn from our mistakes. Didnt the Patriots just get hammered by the Lions? If you are telling me the Patriots will have a bad year because of that preseason loss then I just dont know what to say… Rise up Red Sea!

43. By John The Draft Guy on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

Just watched channel 12 sports with Bruce Cooper. Dale Helstrait (no idea how to spell his name) finally said what I have been saying for months.

He basically called out Dockett and Campbell. I’ve been waiting for someone to really watch a game and realize dockett is on his way down the hill.

This defense of line on paper is good. This defense of line in reality is not getting the job done.

44. By ored on Aug 25, 2013 | Reply

would’nt have mattered how many oline we drafted,very few rookies are ready to start 1st or 2nd year,we’ve got depth,it’s who we lost that matters,not like the draft was full of coopers, we got ours with our 1 and only 1st round pick,so drafting more guards in the 2nd and 3rd rounds would’nt do us any good right now.injuries happen amd all you can do is have depth at each position,does’nt make sense to overload one position over another,you never know who goes down.as always “next man up”,that’s what they practice for,it’s somebodys opportunity.
    imo it’s still early,they have’nt meshed yet,you can see it,they just are’nt used to each other,no cohesivemess and not in synch.just gonna take time and practice.

45. By Blair on Aug 26, 2013 | Reply

It feels unfair that us fans have to watch Levi
    Brown stink it up year after year only for whiz and graves to refuse to admit bust. But then for Kiem to keep him around as starter with his only competition being Harry Potter, come on man. “Potter wasn’t any better so what are you supposed to do” makes me sick, they should cut him if that’s the case. Doesn’t seems like it could get worse than this/last years LT play.

46. By Cactus jeff on Aug 26, 2013 | Reply

Jtdg
    I am a DD apologist, but you are right. He looks lighter this year. He is getting handled by one blocker. Not a good sign, if they plan on a 3-4 they will get run right over.
    I have another player that is a huge disappointment, Housler. I would play Ryan Williams and Rob Housler the whole game next week. Do they want to play football or not? This team needs them.

47. By clssylssy on Aug 26, 2013 | Reply

Hammy…as you may recall the Patriots were beaten in Foxboro by the Cards last year by the same “terrible team” that later hammered the Lions;.this is a new year with a different coach and after seeing these teams play this weekend, I seriously doubt if this is going to be a Superbowl year,,,we’ll be good if we can beat the Rams for 3rd in our division! Last week the QB play was ugly against Dallas and this week it was worse. Fitz can’t make catches if Palmer (or whoever) can’t get him the ball! I feel bad for Fitz as I don’t see anything different this year except for the absence of our awesome defense and special teams from last year and flashes of a running game. I don’t think we’ve fixed anything with our QB or 0-line problem…Kolb and Skelton both had a few good games and I’m still waiting to see all of the big deal about Palmer. If we ever have hope for a return to the Superbowl we are going to need to fix things instead of band-aid them. If we can learn from our mistakes, it won’t be a total loss and better to have them in the preseason. There is a lot of talent on this team, we just don’t seem to know how to use it. Can’t help but notice all the former Cards who find success with other teams…maybe nothing thrives in the desert except Rattlers! I read that the Broncos aren’t even going to play their starters next week so hopefully we don’t embarrass ourselves against their backups.

48. By stevenanimator on Aug 26, 2013 | Reply

You can’t measure Darnell Dockett’s or even Calais Campbell’s capabilities based on one lousy game that statistically doesn’t count. The Defense overall, played like they took the night off – no one seemed to be hitting hard or making good tackles except Reggie Walker, whose smile was oddly out of place with the rest of the D. The Defense has already shown what it is capable of, including Dockett, so I wouldn’t be worrying too much about the D. Also, Whiz came into to Phx that night to make a point, and he put an exclamation on the end of it. He’s a very capable offensive strategist, along with the Special Teams coach he brought along with him to San Diego. When the Cards analyze the film, hopefully they learn a few pointers.

49. By Marcelof on Aug 26, 2013 | Reply

Hello all,

Now football has really gotten into town.
    After this Saturday night we had a bitter taste of what’s is about to come in the upcoming season, We’d better get ready for another tough year, better than last one, but bad afterwards.

Fortunately after watching this game, QB play won’t be an issue, finally after Kolb, Skelton and crew we are gonna have a decent – maybe not elite – QB in Palmer.

Defense looked horrible. Are Cards able to have more points on the board than allowed?!

What keeps me calmer it is preseason, nobody knows what it may turns out. Falcons are 0 – 3 and do you expect them to fail throught the season? I don’t.

By now, I just want to be surprised by this team.

50. By Chuck 1 on Aug 26, 2013 | Reply

clssylssy,

“…There is a lot of talent on this team, we just don’t seem to know how to use it….”

Last season, I read the same comments about “this team has a lot of talent”.
    I never bought into that then and the results showed.

51. By Kevin S on Aug 27, 2013 | Reply

Chuck 1 –

It’s the fan’s fallacy. We get to know the players, we have our favorites, and we overrate them. Guys like LSH, for example — how many people were saying he was a priority to re-sign? A better question would be, at how many positions would you choose the Cardinals’ starter over the average (15th or so-best) starter at that position?

2. Aug 26, 2013: nfl.hoops227.co » Is Ryan Williams being shopped by Arizona Cardinals?