Cards to deal with injury impact

Posted by Darren Urban on September 23, 2013 – 7:32 am

Bruce Arians said “it’s not good” in his post-game press conference in regard to injury problems. That’s never a good sign. The coach will talk in a couple of hours for his Monday press conference, but it sounds like the Cardinals will have to prepare for some change.

“I’m pretty sure we’re going to lose a couple guys, probably for the season,” Arians said on his post-game radio interview.

(UPDATE: Both Sam Acho and Lorenzo Alexander will be placed on season-ending IR. Johnson is day-to-day. More in a story later on azcardinals.com)

I wouldn’t think, amazingly, that would include safety Rashad Johnson. The news came out this morning that Johnson’s finger injury was a nasty one, having lost the tip of his left middle finger at some point in the first half. The tip of his finger was in his glove when they took it off. Johnson had surgery to fix it. We’ll have to see what the timetable might be for Johnson now. The one thing the Cardinals have is some defensive back depth. Javier Arenas played a little safety yesterday, and Tyrann Mathieu would be the starter in Johnson’s place. Meanwhile, I guess we’ll just start calling him Rashad Lott (although contrary to the myth suddenly building on the internet, Johnson came out after the injury. He played just 21 snaps. He did not play the whole game.)

The same can’t be said about linebacker, especially since Daryl Washington has one more game left on his suspension. We wait for the news on starting outside linebackers Lorenzo Alexander (foot) and Sam Acho (ankle), but I’ve found that in my experience, coaches usually don’t toss around the idea a player could be gone for the season unless it’s likely. Losing Alexander, who is also a key piece of special teams, would cause problems in a couple of spots. The outside linebackers available now are John Abraham (44 snaps out of 75 Sunday), Matt Shaughnessy (63 of 75) and rookie Alex Okafor (five). Okafor played his first NFL game yesterday.

AlexinjuryUSE

Tags: , , , , , ,

65 Responses to “Cards to deal with injury impact”

1. By iammattyoung on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

I know we’ve still got a lot of season left, but it already feels like it has every season since Kurt left: we need a franchise QB and a left tackle. Yet we’ve let these problems fester for 4 years now

2. By axaellugo on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

Feels like another long season!!!!!

3. By CoolDaddy79 on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

No excuses for yesterdays loss! Or really its how we loss. Play a better game Cards! I hate to say it but your being put on blast! You Suck! We need to fix O-line Bad! Carson would have played a little better if he wasn’t sacked 5x’s! Lets go BA straighten this out!

4. By dave on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

Seriously!!!—-I know BA keeps saying Levi Brown’s mistakes are “technique” but when you’ve been in the league as long as Brown has, and week after week you’re getting you’re QB either killed, rushed, or knocked down, it’s clearly obvious that it’s more than just technique—he’s just not good—and especially not as good as they’ve played him out ot be. HE cannot stop a speed rusher–period!!! Time to move on at LT. Carson Palmer looked like he was rushing, not setting his feet, and just making bad throws that mostly can be attributed to getting his ass beat all game!! Just saying……..

5. By Steve on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

Darren: If both Alexander and Acho are done for the season as expected, I would guess that LB Dontay Moch gets signed from the practice squad to the active roster.

6. By Rugbymuffin on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

@ iammattyoung

and a pass rusher

and a tight end

We will get there. Tough loss yesterday, but they played hard, and kept it close for 3 quarters.

7. By Eric G on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

@iammattyoung A franchise QB can’t help you when he only has 2 seconds to throw the ball. I don’t want to draft a franchise QB who will take the beating that Palmer took yesterday. For the 25th year in a row, the problem lies with the offensive line. I just don’t understand why the Cards have never had a good offensive line since moving to AZ.

Palmer is not to blame, look at the tackles who couldn’t block a colon with an overdose of cornstarch.

8. By LG on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

We got the QB its the line they cant protect him i dont no if you watch the game yesterday but i did and he was not comfortable after that first drive and i dont blame him five or six sacks in the first half how would you play when the line just cant block

9. By LG on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

The real reason Kurt left us was because the line he had was not that good. Kurt told Peyton manning that if he played for us this neck would get broke again. so after that story came out i new Peyton manning was not coming to us. i love this team but this line just cant block.

10. By clssylssy on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

It’s time for Steve Keim to step up and take his share of the “blame game” rather than letting the coaches and the players take the heat. He is always there to take the credit when things go well so that swings both ways! Coaches can only do so much with the players they are dealt and BA is getting his chance to walk in Coach Whisenhunt’s shoes now. Whiz was fired because of problems with the offense, the 0-line not being able to protect the QBs, who may have been serviceable had they been allowed to play from an upright position! The running game is better than it’s been in years and this team is rich with talent but the injuries are piling up, just as they did last year only earlier and of a more serious nature. Last year we were 3-0 at this time and still had the longest winning streak in the history of the Cards. It is what it is and there is no where to go but forward. Let’s get some focus and get back on track! I am probably one of the few who believed we could have won that game yesterday with better planning and strategy.

11. By wnycardfan on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

After re-looking game highlights etc..
    1) O-line is horrible, again/still. Thought even with these players they’d be better based on coaching. So far not the case. And every team is going to see that on tape and come hunting. I respect BA’s wisdom, but I can’t help but thing “someone else can’t at least TRY to do the LT position”? and be better? I thought near end of season line solidified?
    2) DEF has play makers, but there real weak spots that teams are exploiting. One of them is LB the other is coaching (So far). I think jury is still out, but I’m getting worried on Bowles
    3) Palmer is more than avg/ok. BUT, he’s getting the crap beat out of him. Its not going to get better until that stops.
    I still think BA is a great coach. I think more as we watch NFL games, we see what GREAT players can do, even with a ok/bad coach. And what a great coach can do with avg/ok players. I am leaning more towards we have more holes than we thought in talent. The best coach (like best QB) in the world can’t be successful if he has sub par talent backing him up. We’ve got more holes in talent we need to plug.
    I”m starting to get my mind set on another losing season, better than last year, but not by much.

12. By zach on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

Darren – Moch status? It would make sense he gets promoted to the main roster if he has shown any potential in practice. Any news on Moch on his progress in practice or his status with the team?

If he stays healthy perhaps he can contribute with Okafor

13. By D on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

I would bring up D. Moch from the PS for this game as OLB. They have a decent chance to get a win in TB. Stick with the Run more, the Oline is better at run blocking than pass blocking. They have depth in secondary if Rashard needs a week or two to heal. Season is not lost yet, with the Rams and SF both losing and they both play each other this week.

14. By erik on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

To the credit of the new front office, they know O-line is the top concern, they attempted to improve it in the first round this year. They also went and got Winston, which is more than has been done in the past decade. It sucks that Cooper got injured, but it’s the way things go. I’m sure we will see a LT selection in the 1st round next year and, if Winston continues to play at this level, I’m sure Massie will get his shot again. I’m no coach or talent evaluator, but I think Massie is a strong option and if I’m comparing him and Winston off what I’ve seen so far I think he (Massie) should get the nod. It will happen eventually.

15. By CoolDaddy79 on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

Hey all I want is the Cards to play solid football. I know we can. need to drop Brown.

16. By jason on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

Kerry Rhodes have a job? We will need some depth again now Johnson is down.
    Both tackles looked bad yesterday. I was thinking this team would be entertaining this year but yesterday proved to be same old same old. I do think Palmer is a great QB. Todd Bowles looks to be a terrible D Coach. Arians O is pretty decent when players show up to play. I think this team needs time to gel. I think they could finish strong.

17. By Brian Hoyer on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

I looked great yesterday. For the Browns. Just sayin’.

18. By CoolDaddy79 on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

I cant wait to get DW back from suspension. He’s our speed guy and power. hell put pressure on the rivals QB.

19. By Shaun on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

patch up the O line..

more blitzing on def with DB’s on press coverage and a couple players floating in the short zones ( i predict interceptions)

more screens and creative plays to get our receivers open..

20. By CoolDaddy79 on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

And I think we should have kept O’B schofield…what was that all about. Minter aint playing Okafor he aint all that either. Crazy.

21. By Patrick Hoog aka Don't Take Losses on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

This is not time to place blame and panic. Show some decorum. Some bad things happened to our guys, these were bad injuries during the game, good guys seriously hurt. . We had a death pre game.We got punked in the second half, it happens. We were in it until mid 3rd qtr. SF got the same treatment at HOME.

The OL is MUCH better, just not good enough. Had Cooper not gone down, we might be okay.

Patience needed here. Let see what our boys do with the adversity.

I for one am optimistic we can rebound. Love my Cards, don’t abandon when they need us.

22. By NJAzCardsFan on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

First… My condolences to Dan Williams, and his family on the loss of his father….

Darren- Any chance A-Dub, Paris Lennon or some of the other last year’s unsigned Cards players are re-signed to fill the holes left by injuries…???-

23. By Geo on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

Darren wouldn’t it be a good idea to trade a player like Andre Roberts to a team with the need for a WR like the Patriots or Giants or I hate to say it the Steelers for O-line guys I think Andre is very improved and a great player but also a good bargaining chip. I don’t see a point in having him if you can’t keep the QB upright to throw to him and with Fitz Floyd and Taylor I think we will be ok on WR still. Your Thoughts?

24. By red bird of death! on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

Ok first of all prayers go to Dan Williams and family, second our coach is a class act for making that the first thing mentioned at post game presser, the game was really hard to watch the offense got going then died and the defense had moments. Other than that really grim no Russ intended. I hope we find a way to get it together before it’s too late the talent is there.

25. By Rixk on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

Ugly loss but I still think Palmer is our QB and think we just got away from the run too much on this game. We actually got pretty good running backs lets use them to keep opposing defense off balance. Plus it also helps our O line out as well so they are not pass protecting 45 times a game. Thanks! Thoughts and prayers go out to Dan Williams and family.

26. By Darren Urban on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

NJAz —

RE: Unsigned

Maybe. But Lenon, Wilson are both signed elsewhere.

27. By Darren Urban on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

Geo —

RE: OL

Have you watched the Giants and Steelers O-line? Their fans are up in arms about those lines too.

28. By Dave Chaney on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

Every now and then I have this strange thought about the Cardinals at some point inheriting a jinx (similar to the Red Sox jinx after trading Babe Ruth). Problem is, I don’t know when or how it started but I do know that this team has had more bad luck and bad seasons, never mind bad judgement than any other team in the NFL or perhaps professional sports overall. Btw, I have been a Big Red fan since 1960 which means I have seen almost all those bad seasons. On top of the jinx theory, what will happen to this team next year? Think of all the players signed in the off season to 1 years contracts that will have to be negotiated at season’s end and of course there will be draft choices to sign. I’m not going to elaborate on all the bad luck that has happened already this year but hang on, there is bound to be more. Maybe and it is now a HUGE maybe this team may finish with a 5-11 or 6-10 record based on the fact we at least have a QB who is better than we had the past several seasons. That is unless he gets so beaten up by getting sacked over and over and gets as gun shy as all the others.

PS: Why is it that the Cards never finish with a bad enough record to get a franchise QB like Andrew Luck? Maybe it’s all rigged. A bit of trivia for you youngsters out there. Who did the Cards draft with their #1 pick in 1964 (I believe I’m right on the year)? None other than Broadway Joe Namath and of course they couldn’t sign him and the rest is part of our sad history.

29. By cardinal on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

call Erlacher out of retirement !!

30. By Dave Chaney on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

PS…Considering all the negative things I just said, I have lived in San Francisco and of course St.Louis and I am not a Rams or 49er fan. How’s that for loayalty? Or maybe stupidity??

31. By C.M PUNK on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

bring back whiz

32. By Adrian Acosta on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

They shouldn’t have let Schofield go, now look at them…SMH

33. By Jim Darden on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

I’m still a Cardinals fan and kive in Bradenton. where are the practices this week?

34. By axaellugo on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

Darren so why not bring in Kerry Rhodes angain?

35. By Darren Urban on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

Jim —

RE: Practice

Practices are at IMG, but closed to the public.

36. By Darren Urban on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

axaellugo —

RE: Rhodes

Because he doesn’t play linebacker.

37. By drummer-1 on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

1 and 2 in a long season and some want to trade the whole team and we suck because of a loss. I just love to laugh at these whiners..

If we win next week they will be saying I knew we would fix it, till the next loss that is..

38. By Cwood on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

The Saints are a better team. It is unrealistic to think our Cards would be able to make a huge turnaround this year given all the player changes and yes, odd mystique. But I can’t see anyone believing we haven’t improved the team. Let’s enjoy football and see what happens. We are Cards fans therefore patience is in our DNA.

39. By cardsalltheway on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

Apparently the Cardinals don’t care much about its players getting elbow shots to the head/helmet by other team’s players, or we aren’t very good at watching video replay…
    ‘NFL reviewing Ndamukong Suh’s Week 2 elbow shot(vs. Eric Winston)’
    “The NFL is reviewing an elbow thrown by the Lions’ Ndamukong Suh to the head of Arizona’s Eric Winston in the Cardinals’ Week 2 win, ProFootballTalk.com reported Sunday night.
    However, the site said, Suh is unlikely to be suspended for his actions, because the Lions have now played another game since then—Sunday’s win in Washington—while the play only came to its attention Saturday night.

Apparently, the Cardinals did not send video of the play to the NFL for review, the usual procedure for starting a review. However, a league source told ProFootballTalk.com that what Suh did was a clear violation of the rules.

Suh could still be disciplined for the elbow, however.”

40. By georgiebird on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

Hate to see anyone get injured. But looking to see if some young defensive front seven players can step forward.
    Still can’t believe the Cardinals are investing in the 3-4 defense-when we have so little luck with LBs. “Hello” is anybody home.

41. By CreditCard on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

Based on what I saw, we need to start a chat line, as in who the Cards should draft next year. They looked over-matched at most all positions. Injuries, Cooper, Alexander, Acho gone after three games. Doubtful if Williams and Johnson will play.

Everyone posting believed our line was the weak link, with Brown being the weakest part of this weak line. Time to replace Brown, and at least get somebody who might have a chance of elevating their game to average.

Lastly, time to look at unloading expensive salaries.

42. By William Barry on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

Let us not panic yet, we are only 1-2. I really hope we beat Tampa. We have a good team, we just need to avoid injuries (Acho and Alexander being on IR for the season hurts,) but other clubs have injuries too. Our running attack was okay, and we played NO good until mid 3rd Qtr. We need to establish an attitude on this team. We have the talent!!!!GO CARDINALS

43. By Canadian Redbird on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

Darren:

I quite enjoy the upgrade in the offence this year with Palmer at QB. We can honestly look forward to a game vs waiting for the boat to sink, as was the case last year with our quarterbacks. I like the choice of Arians as the HC and his philosophy of playing the best players regardless if they are rookies and how he handles and supports the big issues in life regarding his players. Quite a contrast vs. Whisenhunt. There are many success stories that are starting to unfold; namely the Honey Badger. Management’s decision of Cooper in the first was the right choice vs. taking a 2nd string left tackle just to fill a position. I would like the Cards to consiider moving Levi to guard vs giving up on him. Look what happened to our former first round tackle Leonard Davis when he failed at tackle with the Cards; he caught on with the Cowboys and now the 49 er’s as a guard and excelled.

The best advise is to be patient and enjoy the team moving forward. Go Cards!!!! take it to the Bucs this weekend.

44. By ored on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

gore calling out his coach,,,better remember where you guys were before he got there,rogers upset with his coach,why don’t you and mathews lighten up on the discount dbl.ck.and fathead commercials and concentrate on football.somebody said the giants have lost their rythm,well then,all we have to do is find ours…we’ll be ok,worst case we get a crack at a top LT next draft,get coop back and all the other oline have a year more experience,should help massie and the new guards.with that improved,get help at TE,LB,some real talent across from 21.

for the present let mendenhall and williams loose to see what they really have,know you like the long pass,but we need to get the ball out of palmers hands…quick,dink n dunk,screens,draws,lets see what our backs can do,and then maybe we get time for the downfield throw.nfl is being able to adjust on the fly,some new wrinkle all the time,we still have strengths,lets play to them,just now a short game until palmer gets more time,can’t keep drawing up plays that take time and not expect him to take punishment,better to let the rbs figure out ways to extend plays when the ball is in their hands.

between larry,floyd,and housler we should be able to mix in some jump balls that favor us,larry and floyd have the hands to hold onto balls in traffic and ellington and williams have the speed and moves to extend short passes,mendenhall might break a few screens or draws,instead of long,slow developing passes,use quick strikes and let the playmakers have at it,palmer stays clean,even let 21 throw more,or have that option.ok,my play calling is done and back to being a fan.

however this plays out,it should be an exciting off season leading up to the draft and free agency.just imagine 21,HB,and another top db,washington back,our oline becoming a strength,finally a running game,lots to look forward to.

45. By warnerHOF on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

Darren, I would like to know how you got the job as a reporter for the Cardinals? You don’t really know anything about football, and have even admitted that you are not a fan of football or even like it. Why don’t you become a reporter for hockey since that is a sport that you like? I don’t feel like you even like our players, you are always negative about them and never show them respect. In a recent article of yours you said that maybe they should put Peterson covering the TE, whose going to cover their best receiver, a LB? lol. There are many resources available on the net that you could go to and get accurate info you us, the Cardinal fans. Seems like the least you could do for us, instead of your pretty much usual answers, like,”you’re guess is as good as mine.” or “Idon’t know,” or “haven’t heard anything about that yet” when other reporters other than our own already know about it. It’s also distressing to us who aren’t able to attend training camp that you are right there and can’t tell us anything about what’s going on. If I could attend I would be able to tell you about the players, their progress, what they need to work on and that report would cover both fields. It just seems to me that the fans are really being short changed by the Cardinals Organization in this area. This website is the only connection we have to the team. It’s a shame we can’t have some measure of expertise.

46. By warnerHOF on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

By the way, Iwas wondering if you are related to someone in the Cardinals organization?

47. By LG on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

I wont never leave this team been a fan since i was 13 teen. now i’m 32 i’ve seen a lot of bs with them but leave them never. i just hope to see the day they shine not just one game but the hold season

48. By LG on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

yea brain you did good yesterday but we are cardinals fans not browns fans you are on the wrong page buddy.

49. By Coach K on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

Ta’amu really shined in this game on defense. He forced the Saints to double team him and this opened the door for Dockett. Ta’amu is dominating in the middle and changes the line of scrimmage. Defense gets an A- Offense was great until B.A. gave up on the run and put Palmer into a no win situation. If we had stayed balanced on offense, we could have won. Our backs were running great and making big yards on swing passes to the flats. I have no idea why Arian’s decided to play deep ball. Palmer is far more effective with a balanced attack and with play action..

50. By John The Draft Guy on Sep 23, 2013 | Reply

Wow did everyone turn on this team, coaches, Quarterback and front office.

Oh , trust me , this team has holes. LT, OLB, Safety. But I guess I just didnt think beating the saints in New Orleans was going to happen.

Before stepping off the ledge, consider this;
    Teams that are 1-2 in the NFC
    Packers
    Niners
    Falcons
    Rams and Eagles
    Now 0-3 teams
    Vikings , Redskins, and Giants

Most of these teams were suppose to be in the playoffs. Heck, last years NFC championship had Niners vs Falcons. It is too early for those teams to panic and it is too early for the cards to.

With that being said, there is reason to have concerns. Levi Brown is just bad and with constant pressure, Palmer struggles. The safeties have trouble in coverage and our LBs look slow. OLBs are struggling to get to the QB and injuries are mounting. We will see how they rebound with the Bucs.

51. By Chris on Sep 24, 2013 | Reply

What surprises me – that all our injuries are season ending ones. Didn’t think broken bones need that much time to heal (esp. with Coop). Might be a long season, hope fans and organization give BA / Keim time.

Im sure they now would love to have Schofield (sticking with 3-4) and/or Carter (moving to 4-3) back.

Darren, do u see with a depleted OLB core a tendency for more 4-3 schemes. Asked that already in OffSeason -> Okafor / Shaughnessy both fit DE, Dansby – Brinkley/Minter – DWash would form good LB coup for a 4-3 system.

Have fun in Tampa!

52. By Darren Urban on Sep 24, 2013 | Reply

WarnerHOF —

RE: Job

Well, I’ve been covering this team for 14 years, and I was good enough that the team came after me in 2007 when I was covering them for a newspaper. So someone must think I know what I’m doing.

As for the idea you don’t get any information, you must not be paying attention.

53. By Darren Urban on Sep 24, 2013 | Reply

Chris —

RE: Schemes

I think any staff faced with personnel shortages is forced to and will adjust.

That said, when you go through an entire offseason and build your defense with the scheme that’s already in place, it’s tough to completely change it up. This time of year, the game plan is a smaller version of what you have installed since the spring. You can’t suddenly put in a new scheme.

54. By joe67 on Sep 24, 2013 | Reply

WarnerHOF: Do you actually read these articles? Man you are out there!!

55. By georgiebird on Sep 24, 2013 | Reply

Everyone constantly complaining about the OL should watch some other games. OTs are getting beat all over the league. The Cardinals OL is not great but it’s adequate. Consider the plight of our OL:
    1) a QB in Palmer who is totally immobile
    2) a team (Cards) that is usually behind
    3) no big time explosive (fast) players on the offense
    4) failure to generate anything from the TE position
    5) opposition stacking the Box-see (3) above.
    6) poor offensive play calling
    7) lack of plays like screens and draws to slow pass rush
    8) failure of special teams to gain good field position on KO and punt returns
    9) failure to help LT on pass plays (as other teams do)
    10) A QB who can’t punish a defense for over-pursuit

56. By PotAsh on Sep 24, 2013 | Reply

Does Coach Arians “report” to Keim?

I ask because, after the game, it seems the run game was doing quite well against the Saints while the pass game wasn’t. Yet, we still went away from it. I understand the Cards were playing from behind but only by a single touchdown at the half, and then 10 points to end the 3rd quarter.

That is still a lot of time left on the game without having to panic and try to sling the ball downfield.

So, whose responsibility is it to bring that to the coach’s attention? Keim? Coach himself? Is there some kind of feedback mechanism involved after a game?

Thanks and Go Cards!

57. By Darren Urban on Sep 24, 2013 | Reply

PotAsh —

RE: Arians/Keim

If you are asking if Keim has input in the playcalling, no.

58. By red bird of death! on Sep 24, 2013 | Reply

Hey Darren, Can we get Brian Hoyer back?

59. By red bird of death! on Sep 24, 2013 | Reply

Oh yeah died anybody else agree our offense is slow? Did everyone see how fast the saints were on offense off the line, I remember in 09 when the colts reemed us , then the following week We started doing to other teams what they did to us and all I remember was that the colts were just damn fast and we took what they did and spun it………anyone? ………..no?

60. By PotAsh on Sep 24, 2013 | Reply

No, I don’t think that’s what I’m asking.

Put another way, does anybody (doesn’t have to be Kiem) ask Arians AFTER the game why he moved away from (what really was an effective) run game even though the Cards were down only by 7-10 points.

In other words, does somebody bring it to the Coach’s attention – again after the game – and say, “Hey, that run game was working. Why did we get away from it?”

Maybe that is the all done within the coaching staff. I’m not sure if that’s any clearer.

61. By erik on Sep 24, 2013 | Reply

WarnerHOF,

I don’t know where you are getting this, have you ever been to another team’s page? Darren is one of, if not, the best at what he does. I for one like that he avoids hyperbole and dramatic swings in emotion. It is a welcome break from most “journalists” work out there.

62. By Darren Urban on Sep 24, 2013 | Reply

PotAsh —

RE: Arians

Ahh. Yes, that happens. Actually, just had a podcast with Keim (Shameless plug for Cardinals Underground, being posted at 4 p.m. today) and he said after the game he discusses with Bruce what he saw, etc. I’m sure it comes up.

63. By warnerHOF on Sep 24, 2013 | Reply

the information you give is wrong. You know nothing about football. After 14 years you would think you would pick up some knowledge about football, but it doesn’t seem like you have. For instance, when a player reaches his 30’s you start talking about him like he’s on his way out. There is such a thing as a young 32 for example or an old 32, you don’t seem to know the difference, must be discouraging to that player if he happens to read your articles. You don’t seem to have enough knowledge of the game to correct fans when they are wrong about the different aspects of the game. Your answer to my comments was no answer at all. I would be a little embarrassed to say I have been doing this for 14 years at the level you are reporting. I think you would be an excellent writer for Hockey since you seem to like Hockey and are a fan of it. You really need to have some emotional involvement to write with some degree of passion I think. I am not criticizing you as a person, just a football reporter.

64. By Darren Urban on Sep 24, 2013 | Reply

WarnerHOF —

RE: Hockey

I’m not sure where you are getting the hockey thing.

As for emotional investment, that statement alone makes me question highly if you know what it takes to cover something as a journalist. Your background is what, exactly?

65. By NYCardinals on Sep 25, 2013 | Reply

I know it is very late in posting this, but I must be on record about this trolling, Darren (and it looks like nothing more than trolling, to me). I come here specifically to avoid the conjecture. I very much appreciate everything you do on this website.