The Cardinals are heading out to their first day of practice for the week and it is going to be a very wet one. The rain has not let up.
“Anybody got a boat we can borrow,” coach Bruce Arians said to open his press conference.
In a perfect world, it wouldn’t be raining. Not like this. But Arians said the Cards will make the best of it. In the meantime, here are some notes before I head out myself and try to take a few pictures:
– The Cardinals officially put LB Alex Okafor on season-ending IR with his torn biceps tendon. LB Kenny Demens has been promoted from the practice squad. The Cards also added WR Devon Wylie to the practice squad.
– Okafor said he possibly could’ve played with the injury but decided he has too much football left in his career to risk something like that, so he decided to get it taken care of.
– NT Dan Williams will not play Sunday. His father’s funeral is scheduled for Saturday.
– Arians said he doesn’t plan on using any inside linebackers on the outside. We’ll see if that can hold up given the circumstances.
– The Cardinals will face a rookie QB Sunday. The Buccaneers benched starter Josh Freeman today for draft pick Mike Glennon. That should benefit this injury-ravaged defense.
Tags: Alex Okafor, Bruce Arians, Buccaneers, Dan Williams, Kenny Demens
Posted in Blog | 30 Comments »