Ted Ginn is officially a Cardinal

Posted by since1898 on March 13, 2014 – 3:12 pm

Ted Ginn Jr.

BACK TO #since1898

Tags: , , , , ,
Posted in Since1898 | 11 Comments »

11 Responses to “Ted Ginn is officially a Cardinal”

1. By Coach K on Mar 13, 2014 | Reply

Good signing at the 3.2M per year for three years. Should be an improvement over Arenas in the kick return game. Could help in the slot if he finds his hands. I’m anxious to hear what happens with Cromartie. This could be the big catch if we can gt another big corner to go with PP.

If all goes well, here is my latest mock draft:

Pick #20- Odell Beckham, WR
    Pick #52- Deone Bucannon, SS
    Pick #84- Christian Kirksey, OLB
    Pick #116- Shane Skov, ILB
    Pick #148- Philip Gaines, CB
    Pick # 180- Kadeem Edwards, OG

These picks add skill players early, then quality depth late.

2. By Scott H on Mar 13, 2014 | Reply

Now, THIS is more like it! I love these signings! For once, it seems like we are truly RE-PLACING or even UP-GRADING the players that are departing. Damn, I forgot that teams could actually do this during FA because it rarely seemed like the Cardinals did. I will give up Andre Roberts for Ginn. Roberts may be a better receiver in some aspects but Ginn definitely has the big play ability that BA wants AND gives the added dimension of being a dynamic return guy. And Dwyer would have to be seen as having more up-side than Mendenhall appeared to have at this point. I like this kid. He doesn’t have to carry this offense but I believe he WILL be a contributor.

I am LOVING these first 3 days of FA!!! The last 3 years under Graves and Whiz, I listened to so many people applaud this team for their aggressiveness and all the great signings they were making and I could only wonder what the hell they were seeing that I was not. Ok, water under the bridge. Not to say I was right and everyone who thought that was wrong but the bottom line was that the team stayed, well, pretty much pathetic. Their records during those years provide the cold, hard evidence.

For what it’s worth, what they are doing RIGHT NOW is the kind of aggressiveness I had in mind. THIS is aggressiveness and a team making itself better at multiple positions – not just throwing a bunch of peas against the wall, hoping at least some of them might stick.

Been a long time since I said this during an off-season but….well done, gentlemen! Looking forward to what you do on draft day.

3. By Dr. G. on Mar 13, 2014 | Reply

Darren – Kudos for staying atop all this activity…don’t have time to search the net… You are doing terrific work on this FA activity…. Wow! This team looks to really be taking shape… Keim ((and company)) are doing a good job with FA….. SAVE SOME $$$$ for the draft pix…. I still have 2 key positions in mind… Be well

4. By Dr. G. on Mar 13, 2014 | Reply

Well, Aside from Special Teams, Ginn can still be a valuable over-the-top stretch wide out…. Even if he is used as a decoy much of the time, someone must cover him or it’s a ‘Homerun.” Now, get him some magic gloves and teach him to watch the ball all the way “into his hands.” Learning to leverage his body from the defender will be the order of the day with our coaching staff also… Too cool…

5. By SteveG on Mar 13, 2014 | Reply

Great off season thus far…I now want to bear Steve Keim’s children!!

(I do not have the ovaries, but I do have the hips for it!!)

6. By JohnnyBluenose on Mar 13, 2014 | Reply

good signing. but Ginn should be shown the accompanying photo every day as an example of ”how not to carry” the football.

7. By Dr. G. on Mar 13, 2014 | Reply

Bluenose – Astute observation on how not to carry the rock. I’m hoping this is just a promo pix and not during a game. His hands look fairly large, so he should be teachable to learn to own sticky hands down field….

8. By Big Ken on Mar 14, 2014 | Reply

Good one JohnnyB. ha ha

9. By Coach K on Mar 14, 2014 | Reply

Ginn needs to get with Fitz and work on his hand placement and body control. If Ginn and learn to catch the ball properly, we have a great signing. So many of these speed guys have a hard time getting their hands positioned the catch the ball. I can think of nobody better than Fitz to teach hand position while in a full sprint.

10. By William Barry on Mar 15, 2014 | Reply

Really like the Ginn signing, it will draw attention away from Larry and Michael, and Ginn has the speed to open up the downfield areas….GREAT PICKUP HERE, AND FOR ONCE, WE WILL STEAL A PLAYER FROM SF rather than they stealing from us.

11. By Scott H on Mar 16, 2014 | Reply

SteveG –

Um…dude, that post about bearing Keim’s children was kinda creepy.