2014 Draft Class selects their numbers

Posted by since1898 on May 12, 2014 – 2:59 pm

BACK TO #since1898

Tags: , , , ,
Posted in Since1898 | 7 Comments »

7 Responses to “2014 Draft Class selects their numbers”

1. By John The Draft Guy on May 12, 2014 | Reply

6 ?? That’s a weird number for a TE. 🙂

2. By luis guerrero on May 12, 2014 | Reply

Number 6 is a quarterback.

3. By Coach K on May 12, 2014 | Reply

JTDG

I think it’s time to move on from the TE comments John. If you really look at Thomas’s stats, you will find his averages were actually better than Jake Locker’s senior season and Locker was a first round pick. I think Thomas was a steal in the fourth round to be honest, and I think sitting two years and learning from two of the top quarterback coaches on the planet was well worth the gamble.

And don’t forget, we can always use Thomas as our version of “Slash” just like Cordell Stewart was used in Pittsburgh several years ago. Stewart played receiver for two years before developing into the starting quarterback. And he developed into an effective quarterback for several years.

So never say never. Worst case scenario, if Thomas turns out to be a complete bust as a QB, we have an athlete who has played the tight end position before, and was the nations top recruit as a tight end coming out of high school. So a transition to the tight end position would be simple for him. So any way you look at it, I think the kid has a shot of becoming a good quarterback based on the coaching around him.

I think B.A. and Tom Moore have been coaching long enough to know if a kid has it or not. Both of them cannot be wrong.

4. By Andy Kw on May 12, 2014 | Reply

This would be my redo draft for the 2014 NFL Draft of the Arizona Cardinals according to who was available at the time:
    1.) SS Deone Bucannon*, Washington State -Starting Strong Safety day one.
    2.) DE/LB Kony Ealy, Missouri -Addresses our OLB need with 1st Round talent.
    3.) WR Donte Moncrief, Mississippi -Addresses need for speed receiver.
    3.) OT Michael Schofield, Michigan -Underrated OT with 1st-2nd Round potential
    4.) QB Logan Thomas*, Virginia Tech -Nice QB Project for Bruce Arians.
    5.) DE Ed Stinson*, Alabama -His value in the 5th Round was amazing.
    6.) DT Daniel McCullers, Tennessee -Nice replacement for Alameda Ta’amu.

So basically, I agree with three of the picks under Steve Keim and Bruce Arians. I loved the TE Troy Niklas pick from Notre Dame but I feel that OLB was a much greater need. But since this redo can’t do much, I believe Niklas can be a breakout star. Just as I believe Deone Bucannon will be the defensive rookie of the year.

5. By John The Draft Guy on May 12, 2014 | Reply

Coach K

It is a joke.

But….
    You went on to tell me he is going to be a good QB, then went to say he can be “Slash”. Then said he could be a TE if he fails. Then said BA and Tom Moore cant be wrong.

Sounds like you are not sure while trying to convince me.

6. By sbrown on May 12, 2014 | Reply

the last QB that wore # 6 for the Cards…Max Hall !

7. By JohnnyBluenose on May 14, 2014 | Reply

@sbrown… MAX HALL is alive and hopefully well and is now wearing #15 for the WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS of the CANADIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE.