Fan Fest moves to training camp

Posted by Darren Urban on June 3, 2014 – 4:55 pm

The Cardinals will finish up OTAs this week and conclude the offseason’s on-field work next week (it does seem like it went fast) with a three-day mandatory minicamp. Minicamp has historically been the time when the Cardinals have held their Fan Fest event. Once, that was on a Saturday morning. With the advent of the new collective bargaining agreement, which bars any veteran work on weekends, minicamp was moved to a mid-week time and Fan Fest to University of Phoenix Stadium on a weeknight.

That’s changed. Minicamp remains during the week, but Fan Fest is moving. Fan Fest this year will move to training camp, which will again be at University of Phoenix Stadium. The date of Fan Fest is yet to be announced — it should be coming sometime soon, when the complete training camp information is released — but it won’t be held in June.

FangestblogUSE

Tags: ,

18 Responses to “Fan Fest moves to training camp”

1. By AzCardfan on Jun 3, 2014 | Reply

This is bad news. I was hoping the Bidwells would move training camp back to Flagstaff. Sad and lame. The fun was getting away. Rain showers. Cool nights. So convenient. I won’t be going again.

2. By sbrown on Jun 3, 2014 | Reply

hey Darren,
    will the mini camp be open to the public ?

3. By Dr. G. on Jun 3, 2014 | Reply

Do some of us detest unions? They were originally instituted to protect the coal miners, the auto assembly lines and railroad workers…etc…those who were mistreated by greedy employers who cared nothing about fair pay and the health of their workers.

Now…Unions have a place, but really? Really? Do the NFL players have similar circumstances to need protection? And, do they really need to belong to the union or be ostracized by the league? Should the fans form a union for fair treatment and fair pricing or just sit out… Not having a fan fest on the weekend? – That’s just dumb. For most of us, that’s our time off. It’s like we need to beg them to show our appreciation. The Union has taken this game to an absurd degree.

Still…we love the game until we can’t attend…then we watch on TV. This is really America’s Game until the lawyers take it from us… Be well Cards Fans..

4. By mdcards4life on Jun 4, 2014 | Reply

I wish i lived in Arizona or at least close by to go to FanFest and Cardinal games. I’m in Maryland rooting hard for my Cardinals to succeed. #MdCards4Life

5. By Patrick Hoog aka Don't Take Losses on Jun 4, 2014 | Reply

That will work great in the cool AC of UoP Stad.

6. By Darren Urban on Jun 4, 2014 | Reply

sbrown –

RE: Minicamp

Minicamp is not open.

7. By Kenny Cotton on Jun 4, 2014 | Reply

Does fan fest cost to get in?

8. By Darren Urban on Jun 4, 2014 | Reply

Kenny –

RE: Fan Fest cost

9. By cardsfan89 on Jun 4, 2014 | Reply

AzCardFan and others compain all you want. You are LUCKY to even live close to the team (I assume you do from your post). Some of us live states away and are lucky to be able to come in for 2 or 3 games. I never ever get to go to fanfest or training camp or special charity events.
    Besides, UoP is air conditioned, free, and they mark the concession prices way down. What’s to complain about ?

10. By Michael on Jun 5, 2014 | Reply

Why not go back to Flagstaff for a week as a nod to tradition and the fans who loved it? Just a week, not the whole camp. Kind of like ASU does with Camp T. That seems like a fair compromise. What do you say, Darren? What do you say, Michael Bidwill?

11. By Renee on Jun 5, 2014 | Reply

So the date for Fan Fest has been moved?? In a previous post, it was noted to be held on June 10th…

12. By Darren Urban on Jun 5, 2014 | Reply

Renee –

RE: Fan Fest

Hence this blog post.

13. By br on Jun 5, 2014 | Reply

Same here, I live in North Carolina, but have been hardcore Cardinals fan from all over the world!! I was actually stationed in Yuma AZ, but as my luck usually goes… 1 year after the Cards arrived from St Louis (born and raised a Cards fan outside of St Louis on the Illinois side of the mighty Mississippi) I get orders to Virginia, northern Va at that so I had to leave my beloved Cardinals, and somewhat close proximity in Phoenix and land 20 miles from ground zero of the hated Deadskins!! Dang my luck! Have also rooted for my Cards in many crappy country’s all over the world, including Iraq three times and Afghanistan twice (about to be a third time! Hopefully I will be back before the playoffs, somehow I dont think the Afghans have got NFL Ticket yet!!! LOL)
    But I will continue to root and be a birdgang fanatic no matter where I call home! Actually seriously contemplating a move to AZ sometime upon my return and re-retirement!

14. By br on Jun 5, 2014 | Reply

Darren
    Totally off subject, but was curious how the TE. Are performing, specifically Carlson and the Rookie. Really like our upgrades at Tight End and Im a huge fan of Ballard and the promise he showed in the short time he played for the Cardinals last season, I should probably wait til after minicamp since you could probably get alot better perspective on their performance, huh.
    PS…Will you be keeping us informed during minicamp or is it closed to all media as well?

15. By Darren Urban on Jun 5, 2014 | Reply

br –

RE: tight ends

I like how Carlson has looked a lot. But again, it’s football in shorts.

16. By sbrown on Jun 5, 2014 | Reply

br –
    from a fellow “born & raised” Illinois guy, thanks for your service to our Country. My daughter is going to Maryland this fall with a NROTC scholarship, and a future as a Marine officer !
    If you ever get back to AZ, find me on these Cardinal message boards, I have a pair of season tix and would be glad to let you use them to see a game at UoP.
    ( sec 111, row 23 behind Cardinal bench, north end , right behind the Instant reply box the ref uses ).

17. By br on Jun 5, 2014 | Reply

Somehow I envisioned the “football in shorts” answer, I must ask you way to many questions Darren. ;-)

I will hit you up again after minicamp, you are allowed access, right? Just not open to average John Q. Public. LOL! Thanks for the response to all questions that are submitted by all posters, shows us you care about your profession! (almost positive my spelling has not improved!)

18. By br on Jun 7, 2014 | Reply

Sbrown,
    Thank you for the invitation sir, and for thinking of the veterans out there, I am humbled. Maryland is a fine College, even better now that it is in the B10! LOL! Your daughter must have had fine parenting and a good head on her shoulders if she already ha made up her mind to be a Marine Officer, There are none better!! Would love to take you up on your offer, unfortunately I have been recalled to active duty (or as I call it…unretired) didnt think after 22yrs of service that the Marine Corps would have any use for my broken down body! But it seems Iam needed one more time across the big pond, training local forces prior to our exit in December, oh well always did like even numbers (this will make 3 tours in Afganistan, 3 in Iraq, plus Gulf war, Rwanda, Somalia, and Bosnia makes 10, even number, works for me! Plus I get to lead Marines again, and do everything I can to bring them back upright on their own two legs, to many of these “kids” (at my age, anyone under 25 is a kid to me! LOL) go over into these combat zones and they try to be hero’s, or what they think makes them a hero, so I make it part of my job to convince them otherwise, and go home alive!! Iam hoping to be back stateside by mid Jan, early Feb at the latest so I can watch my Cardinal become the first Superbowl Champs on home turf!! But I deeply appreciate the offer sir, and one day may take you up on it! If I do dinner is on me!! LOL! Semper Fi…