Tom Moore will report for his 50th training camp on Friday

Posted by since1898 on July 21, 2014 – 12:13 pm

5894

BACK TO #since1898

Tags: , , , , , ,
Posted in Since1898 | 6 Comments »

6 Responses to “Tom Moore will report for his 50th training camp on Friday”

1. By Matt B. on Jul 21, 2014 | Reply

Tom Moore is the energizer bunny. We are lucky to have him for sure.

2. By the way - Dr. G. on Jul 21, 2014 | Reply

There are 3 basic concepts that human nature operates within: Intelligence, education, and wisdom. Thank goodness for the wisdom of a man like Tom Moore. There is no substitute…and common sense these days is not very common. What he brings takes years to accomplish.

In younger people, I have met many lacking in education who are unable to demonstrate how intelligent they are.

And I have met many very well-educated dumb asses ((as in donkeys))…. later…

3. By William Burleson on Jul 21, 2014 | Reply

Congrats! Let’s win one for tom.

4. By AzDesertRat1953 on Jul 22, 2014 | Reply

I still remember some who said that it was not a good idea to hire such an “Old Guy” as a coach.
    I always thought it was the “Old Guys” you learned from in what ever it is that you do. School is a good start but it is Nothing like the Real world and even Harder if you have no one, the Old Guy, to help and yes, Teach you.

Congrats to Mr. Tom Moore. 50 Training Camps W0W!!!
    I for one am more than Happy that he is on our Team.
    Thanks BA for getting such good Teachers.

GO CARDS!!!

5. By clssylssy on Jul 23, 2014 | Reply

What a blessing to have a guy like Tom Moore a part of the Cardinal staff to educate and shape young players. There is no substitute for wisdom and experience and as pointed out, these days there are many with extensive advanced education in the form of multiple doctorates who are no more than educated stupid people lacking in common sense and still ineffective! I think you did an article once tallying the combined years of experience among our coaching staff as 200+ and while younger coaches bring their energy and modern ideas, there is no substitute for battlefield experience in the trenches!
    Some teams like the Steelers have brought back former players as assistants which I have always thought a win-win for everybody. The new players get the the value of a shared experience with someone who has been there and is having a different kind of football career after their playing days, the organization gets to have a bridge/continuity between devoted fans and their heroes, all of which weaves a rich and more durable franchise fabric.
    Kudos to Michael Bidwill for having the good sense to bring this staff of “Yodas” on board!

6. By br in nc on Jul 23, 2014 | Reply

I would say he must be doing something right!!! (And I thought 24 years in the Marine Corps was an accomplishment, and he has more than doubled my time, and doesnt seem like he is going to retire any time soon! He puts my longevity to shame…50 years, now that is something to be very proud of!
    Was he ever a head coach, anyone know? If not I wonder what his reasoning was, Im sure he probably had many offers!