Aeneas Williams gets his Hall of Fame Gold Jacket

Posted by since1898 on August 2, 2014 – 8:48 am

BACK TO #since1898

Tags: , , , , ,
Posted in Since1898 | 7 Comments »

7 Responses to “Aeneas Williams gets his Hall of Fame Gold Jacket”

1. By William Barry on Aug 2, 2014 | Reply

Congratualtions to Aeneas Williams!!!!! A great player. Lets hope he remains loyal to the Arizona Cardinals, and not to the St. Louis Rams. He is a true Cardinal!!!

2. By br in nc on Aug 2, 2014 | Reply

Stupid, stupid question guys, doesn’t the NFL put the players in with no team affiliation? Having massive brain fart and can’t recall, baseball lets them choose a cap with the team logo or no logo, but I’ll be damned if I can recall what football does, damn we need more Cardinals enshrined into THE HOF so I would be better educated on these matters!! Anyway, WELL DESERVED MR. WILLIAMS!!!

3. By br in nc on Aug 2, 2014 | Reply

Forgot to mention, this is “AW” #1 into the HOF! “AW” #2 will come soon enough once he decides to hang them up!!

4. By Scott H on Aug 4, 2014 | Reply

This is SOOO cool. There could hardly be a better use of one of these gold jackets than giving one to guy like Aeneas Williams. His story ranks right up there with Kurt Warner’s as one of the truly great stories in recent NFL history. This guy was not born a great football player – he found the motivation to BECOME a great football player, then he put in the work to make it happen. Today, we celebrate his induction. In a few years, we will celebrate Kurt’s. Somewhere down the line, we will celebrate the induction for Larry Fitzgerald. It is so awesome to know that the Arizona Cardinals will be contributing some of THE finest individuals to EVER play the game to the HOF in the next 10 years or so.

5. By br in nc on Aug 4, 2014 | Reply

Scott H,
    Keep your fingers crossed and give a shout outnow and then to AW#2 (Adrian Wilson) making the cut for the HOF! Hopefully fanatic Cardinal fans will push hard enough and let their opinions be known to all the voters that ADub, is worthy! The more Cardinals that go in the more votes for ADub down the line! (Hopefully they will cast their vote for him!) I’m obviously a Tad bit bias but I think he did enough to get voted into Canton!

6. By Scott H on Aug 4, 2014 | Reply

br in nc –

Hey, man! I frequently enjoy your posts. I was gonna mention my hope that A-Dub might just make it, too. Obviously, I would love to see that. But I think it is a longer shot than the others. The safety position is very under-represented in the HOF at this point BUT the league has had / still has several stand-out players at that position over the past decade in guys like Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, Brian Dawkins, and probably a few others that are just slipping my mind at the moment. And although I put A-Dub RIGHT THERE with any of those guys, you know Reed and Polamalu are the most likely to get in because they won SB’s and played on teams that were always on TV, had more national appeal. Shoot, Polamalu even had shampoo commercials that might help his cause in the end because that, too, helped him have an appeal that went beyond football. Sad, but true. A-Dub might have a hard time over-coming his playing a position that does not put a lot of guys in the HOF and playing for a team that just hasn’t been a national TV darling like the Steelers or Ravens.

But he will definitely secure a place in our Ring Of Honor and I know that will mean a lot to him because playing here meant a lot to him. He didn’t jump ship to get a ring somewhere else ( and he certainly could have ) because he believed in having that success as an Arizona Cardinal. And for that, our Ring of Honor is the most fitting place for him to be.

7. By br in nc on Aug 6, 2014 | Reply

Ditto on the postings, I enjoy reading what you have to say and most of the time I’m in agreement with your postings, I can’t remember not enjoying your posts, including the one above, I have to agree with you, but Ism bias when it comes to Adrian Wilson at least being in the discussion, and the more Cardinals that go in the better chance he will have with their pull and hopefully votes. Oh, and if for some reason Palomaulu (sp) does NOT make it in the HOF, his hair damn well better!!!🙂