Some quick post-cut comments and thoughts from Bruce Arians as the Cardinals prepare to head out to practice:
– Just the normal bumps and bruises coming out of the Bengals game.
– After watching the video, Arians wasn’t as disappointed with the pass rush but believes it needs to become more effective.
– LB Kevin Minter and G Jonathan Cooper will practice today. Minter expects to play Thursday and be ready for the regular-season opener.
– No big surprises on the cuts rationale. Chandler Catanzaro just has a stronger leg than Feely. Arians wanted to let Feely and QB Ryan Lindley have a chance to hook on elsewhere as long as the decision here was already made.
– Arians did not rule out bringing T Max Starks back somewhere down the road if needed — and if he remains available.
– The starters will not play in the preseason finale. Logan Thomas will start at quarterback at play the whole game.
– DT Darnell Dockett had his surgery today to repair his torn ACL. Dr. James Andrews was expected to do the surgery.
– Arians said the only way Tyrann Mathieu will play in the regular-season opener is if he plays some Thursday. Mathieu wouldn’t say he’ll be in there for sure but said there is a “great possibility” he will play in San Diego.
Tags: Bruce Arians, Chandler Catanzaro, Darnell Dockett, Jonathan Cooper, Kevin Minter, Max Starks, Tyrann Mathieu
Posted in Blog | 50 Comments »