Missing Jaron: Offensive issues in a nutshell

Posted by Darren Urban on October 14, 2014 – 10:42 am

On the season, Jaron Brown has one reception for six yards, and given the weapons ahead of him — Fitzgerald, Floyd, Ellington, Smokey Brown, even John Carlson — that’s not a surprise. But Jaron is, through no fault of his own, the tangible proof for coach Bruce Arians that the Cardinals’ offense isn’t playing well enough.

Talking about his frustration and inability for the Cards to score more touchdowns — it’s nice Chandler Catanzaro is 14-for-14 on field goals, but still — Arians said the first thing he thinks of is two targets of Jaron Brown.

“That’s 100 yards and two touchdowns in just two plays we’re leaving on the field,” Arians said. “We’ve got to start hitting those plays, and it’s not just him.”

It wasn’t quite 100 yards Brown would have had, but it was certainly two touchdowns. In the fourth quarter against the 49ers, Brown was wide open behind the defender on a 45-yard bomb, and quarterback Drew Stanton simply led Brown too far (as you can see below). Against Washington last weekend, Carson Palmer again had Brown open deep on what would have been a 35-yard score in the fourth quarter. The pass was pretty much on target — although a little longer throw might have done the trick — as defensive back E.J. Biggers barely knocked it away. In both cases, touchdowns would have crushed the opponent. In both cases, the games remained close. Certainly, Brown wouldn’t mind an extra 2-80-2 on the stat line.

“We haven’t even begun to scratch how good we can be,” Arians said. “Again, Carson being off a month, the timing … there are a lot of excuses you can make. None are accepted.”

BadOffense

Tags: , , , ,

42 Responses to “Missing Jaron: Offensive issues in a nutshell”

1. By beardinals on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

Winning makes this slightly less painful…. but not much.

2. By George on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

I will look at this with an optimistic view. If the Cardinals can stay healthy, they will hit on those plays as their timing gets better. I think we as fans can agree the Cardinals have not played a complete offensive game yet this year. They have left many plays on the field. But the talent is there and they will need to start connecting on those big play opportunities when they present themselves. The Cardinals will be getting into the tough part of their schedule after the Oakland game. GO CARDS!!!

3. By MikeFlorio on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

I’ve been wondering the same thing. In the Preseason both Browns looked incredible! Just goes to show a great preseason doesn’t translate into a great season. I am glad we are looking and taking those shots down field, needless to say offensively and defensively we haven’t fired on all cylinders. But hey were 4-1 and sitting pretty in NFC West.

Hey Urb, any news on if we are looking to bolster our D- with free agents or trades just yet?

4. By Darren Urban on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

MikeFlorio —

RE: Moves

I don’t expect any moves this week.

5. By Ben on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

To be honest the one last game against Wash Jaron should have gone after the ball. He tried to let the ball come to him instead of snatching it out of the air. Not all on Palmer in my opinion. If Jaron had been more aggressive that is a touchdown.

6. By Roy on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

Got to love Coach!!! He’s right…we aren’t as good as we can be yet. That is exciting. We need a little revenge against the Broncos when we meet them in the Super Bowl this year!!!!!!

7. By Dynosoar on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

George,

I agree, tough part is coming.

Tough games…
    Eagles, Cowboys (who knew this would be tough last August?), Lions

Difficult games…
    Seahwaks 2x, Chiefs

Soft games…
    Raiders, Rams 2x, Falcons, 49ers (They’ll be playing for video tape only, so not as hard.)

I’m looking forward to winning out in two divisions, the NFC West and the NFC East. That’s my dream.

8. By John The Draft Guy on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

Tough to expect those plays to happen with revolving QBs.

Hopefully, with Palmer getting healthy and able to practice, he will hit Jaron on a deep one this week.

9. By Dr. G. on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

Darren – –
    I watched the plays multiple times that BA refers to here in your article, and, in all fairness, he needs to put most of this on the QB’s as you explained. But, when we think about protecting the ball, don’t you think that our QB’s have it ingrained that short passes are always doomed? Better a bit long than a pick…

An occasional over-throw can happen with this mentality…. But, as we know, BA is searching for PERFECTION…nothing wrong with that. One can break a spirit if the responsible player is not correctly identified…later…

10. By D on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

I guess 495k per yr doesn’t go as far as it used to (see story on knucklehead backup rb in Dallas)

I used to be the biggest fan of Q when he was here, but ever since he and Whiz got into it over his contract, he became a baby and demanded out of here, noticing last night, he still complains a lot and talks too much crap…I guess we overlook those things as fans when he played for AZ

J. Brown better get his mind right because next year when Larry refuses a pay cut and is playing on another team, we will need J. Brown (in addition probably with a WR draft pick)

I liked D. Snyder sitting with the former Indian Chief on Sunday…(take that Mike Florio!)

What happened to that pass rusher in St. Louis, Quinn, did he get paid last off season?- guy is MIA

11. By John The Draft Guy on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

On a different note,

After 5 games, the team is starting to shape up. Things are becoming more clear, and guys who are stepping up or disappointing are becoming evident.

Stepping up

QBs, whether its Palmer or Stanton, we have legit QBs. No picks is a big improvement.

With Dockett and Campbell down, most thought a vet might be brought in. But Stinson stepped in nicely. For some reason Martin didn’t play at all against Wash, but he has done a nice job this year also.

Okafor has been a question mark ever since he was drafted. Health has been an issue. He has only been in 3 games so far. Looked liked we were ready to write him off. But finally he got his chance for his first start and he had 2 sacks. Here is to hoping he keeps it going.

We have the best Kicker in football.

Who would have thought Bucannon would be an ILB ? I knew he was an in the box safety who would struggle covering down the field. But at 208 pounds, I wasn’t sure he could hold up at LB. He has filled the void of Washington nicely (no, he is not DWash- who was one of the best LBs in football)

Powers has been very good at nickle. He had one tough game but has really been a playmaker for this team. So has Rashad Johnson.

Disappointments

Minter is becoming a huge disappointment. Sure, I know he is a two down run stuffing ILB, but don’t you think he should actually make tackles?
    After 5 games, Minter has totaled 13 tackles. Against Washington, he had ZERO.
    On the other side, the guy he revolves with at LB, Bucannon has 25 tackles.
    Not good when a safety turned LB is out tackling your run stuffer.

Our guard play has been bad the last 3 games. Larsen and Faniaka have struggled and unfortunately, the players behind them have not earned the right to move ahead of them. Thought we would be better here.

Peterson is still one of the best CBs in the league. But the image of a Deion Sanders shutting people down or Revis island with the Jets is long gone. He is disappointing mainly because of the hype. Claiming to be the best and getting that huge contract really turns people against you when you fail. Funny, not that much backlash after Cromartie had his bad game.

No Run Game. (see guards)

12. By clssylssy on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

Mediocrity doesn’t win Superbowls, in most years not even Divisional titles or wildcards to get us in the door. Our toughest games are ahead of us and we now have enough tape to see what worked for us last year as opposed to this year and where are glaring weaknesses are that need correction. Our run game last year was probably the best it’s been in years and that was because we had Mendenhall as a pounder and were using rotating backs. Mendy could bulldoze holes while picking up yards and wearing opponents down then Ellington could come in and finish with a major drive. And, while Mendy caught a lot of grief because he wasn’t a speedster, our run game was something we could always go to with confidence…this year not so much as none of our rbs really have the size. BA thought Stephan Taylor had the potential to be another Darren Sproles and I’m wondering why he hasn’t been developed more; it seems Coach gets focused on one player (Ellington) and puts all our eggs in one basket? (Didn’t we hire a speed coach?).
    Last week we saw what a difference it makes when Fitz gets the ball and while I can understand him being a diversion occasionally I’m hoping Palmer will continue to use Fitz to get those TDs, rather than having to settle for FGs. After the game Palmer was quoted as saying Fitz was always reliable and he was confident that getting the ball to him would probably result in a TD, so, knowing that, why haven’t we utilized him more? If it’s about his contract and an attempt to “phase him out” what happened to focusing on this year and winning one game at a time?
    We are almost halfway now with our toughest games ahead of us and we need to pick up our momemtum,clean up our game, and prove that we can finish strong as a genuine contender.
    I see where the Cards were ranked #4 this week which has to be an all time first, but it’s going to take a lot more to stay at the top and I keep thinking about that fast elevator ride BA cautioned us about a few weeks ago!

13. By Scott H on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

Excellent article, Darren. I would agree with BA, has been my feeling so far this season that the offense is not doing what it is capable of. I keep waiting for the explosion that you can sense is coming, but…haven’t seen it yet. I thought Washington at home was gonna be it ( assuming that either Palmer or Stanton was gonna be in there). Didn’t happen. Obviously, Palmer is not 100% in regard to arm strength OR his timing, so…OK. But ya know, not all long TD’s need to come from big throws down the field. We saw DeSean Jackson catch a pass on Sunday in space and he just hit the jets and ran through / past everyone all the way to the end zone. Well…with the weapons and speed we have here, why aren’t we hitting on some of these plays??? It’s frustrating only because I feel like we’re 4-1 but haven’t played ( on offense, folks ) NEAR what we are capable of. They’ll turn it loose sooner or later.

14. By krehbieo14 on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

The big plays through the air will come once the offense becomes more balanced. The run game leaves much to be desired. The guard play needs to step up or changes need to be considered. I’m not interested in continuity if it trumps performance! Go Cards!

15. By carlo milano on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

i want jaron taking more snap instead of mr drop teddy ginn

16. By Dynosoar on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

D,

“I liked D. Snyder sitting with the former Indian Chief on Sunday.”

That’s a photo that should be in all the media.

17. By Dynosoar on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

Dr. G.

From last post…

“Dyno – – you really want more of that? ….G’day”

I just want to understand what Richard S. is doing. What’s behind the work he’s putting in. Unless it’s copy/paste, that’s a lot of effort for me to just outright ignore. So I asked for understanding.

As to more, I don’t know that I do, unless the explanation behind it shows value.

On a side from this post, I also like that BA is searching for perfection. Given high expectations (not demands, but expectations) and people usually will deliver on them.

18. By Dr. G. on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

Dyno – – I agree exactly…as to more of the stats that were presented; I was asking “tongue & cheek” why you would want more of the same without reasonable explanations… just busyness…

There are many sites that post such stats just for entertainment value. The NFL & a few others do well enough for me. And as for betting lines and prognostications, they all feed from each other, so we end of with much the same anyway…. I am more a game stats person, I don’t take time for the fantasy elements…Be well….

19. By CreditCard on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

I was impressed with Stinson. He made some tackles, assists, and pushed the line of scrimmage backward. Williams played good as well pushing the line of scrimmage backward or at least not forward. Kelly, a great find. these three were unsung heroes against Washington.

As for the O-Line: I see Cooper did not play, Fanaka and Larson still out playing the 1st rounder. Massie had a decent game. Valdheer goes unnoticed unless he has a false start. This is good for a left tackle.

20. By cardinal on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

Darren, would love to bring Antonio Smith back from Oakland sunday . Loved him our Super Bowl year …and we need pash rushing Help !!

21. By Richard S on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

I have a spreadsheet I made up with formulas to do the calculations for me. It’s all based on prediction vs. actual results. I know very little about football, but have an engr. degree. We didn’t have a high school team. When the varsity fullback asked me why I didn’t go out for the college team when he saw 3 of my pledge brothers trying to tackle me and they couldn’t get me to the ground, I said “I don’t know how to even put on the equipment.” I did play some flag football and scored the only TD our frat ever scored the only time I touched the ball, 82 yds. as a defensive end diagnosing the play, going to where the ball was going to be thrown instead of chasing the QB which I was supposed to do and being too slow to follow the receiver into the endzone, the QB whirled and threw me the ball. I also signed up for IM wrestling as a lark, and ended up making the top 14 putting the all conference DT in a cast, so I thought I was King Kong and that’s when I tore my knee up. Whenever you think you are the king, that’s when you get it.

22. By Richard S on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

Actually I should modify the above by saying the only TD our frat ever scored in a championship game. They haven’t played in a championship game since and that was 40+ years ago. Also when I wrestled I made it to the final four not the final 14, but I didn’t want to hurt the college OG after putting the DT in a cast, so I just grabbed onto his leg and held on until the referee made me let go and then I got pinned. As to the work involved, it takes me like 30 to 45 minutes to update the spreadsheet and since I’m retired, I’ve got lots of time on my hands. I might take a break when I get a total knee replacement though in a few weeks unless I’m able to function afterwards.

23. By krehbieo14 on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

How about a picture of D. Snyder spitting on the floor of our Cardinals Stadium before he made his early exit over a temper tantrum regarding a “missed call?” The man’s disgusting and disrespected our team! He could give a rats a… about the Native Americans in this country.

24. By br in nc on Oct 14, 2014 | Reply

Hello I’m posting for my Pops, he sent me a letter with specific instructions how do get on site, hope this is the site he used to spend hours on he loves his cardinals team always trying to get me interested in his team I’m not much into footballbut I do like patriots and Brady. He sent me a letter to type on here. Hopefully he doesn’t see these postings I don’t want to think I’m worried but something this time is different doesn’t seem as happy or confidence maybe he doesn’t realize I’m much older now then when he used to go before and he doesn’t know I can sends something different with this deployment in almost 18 last time I was barely 10 maybe not old enough to understand then but now I can and it might be just me worried about my Pops more than I need to.here is what he wanted me to send
    Greetings fellow Cardinal fanatics!! Thought you were going to get a break from old “BR IN NC” (via somewhere in Afghanistan) well, wrong folks, I figured I would try this and see if my boy could come through for me (he is a Patriots fan, so I guess I’am asking him to do dear old dad a huge favor!) He is sending me newspaper and printed internet clippings, but of course by the time I get them they are 10-14 days old, but that is as current as I usually have, every now and then I manage to get my hands on stars and stripes which is more current, but for sure we lag behind on current news and sports! By the time you guys (and girls) get this it will be right at a month gone by over here, time seems to drag for a day or two then the crap will hit the fan and time will just fly by! One thing is for sure, I never thought I would miss Darren’s blog and all us Cardinal fanatics bantering back and forth, all of us playing “Monday morning GM” LOL!! Can’t wait to get the heck outta this Paradise and back to good ole Eastern Carolina!! Can’t wait to start breaking down prospects for the Cards 2015 draft, after we take home the Super Bowl hardware, of course!! Just want to say a quick hello (my boy doesn’t have the patience to type a huge novel unless of course he is talking to a girl, that’s my boy!!!) I miss all the conversations with John the Draft Guy, Andylw, BigAl, D, Dynosaur, Dr G, (really a Dr? Or did you stay at a Holiday Inn? LOL!!), clssylssy, Scott H, krehbieo14, and of course…Darren, the man who keeps it all running smooth, and packed full of so much inside information!!
    And I know I’am forgetting to mention some of you out there in Birdgang, and for that I do sincerely apologize! There was one poster in Cowboy land, who is an avid Cardinal lover, want to say “Easy” is what he posted under, as well, I used to have informative postings back and forth with a Caretakers who was sending his daughter off to college, then she was going to earn the EGA (eagle, globe, and anchor) of my beloved Marine Corps, and take the smart road and become a Marine Officer!! For the life of me I can’t remember that posters name, memory fades way to fast nowadays!! LOL! Sorry I can’t remember your posting name, but if you reply to this my son is going to either print the pages or he will put them in a letter to me, its quite embarrassing, a father who is sending his daughter to be a leader of Marines, and I go and forget your posting name, truly sorry sir!! Heck, I even miss goergiebirds posts!! (Cards haven’t switched to a 4-3 defense have they!!! LOL!!) Oh, almost forgot…WOW!! (that one is for you, t-stone, yep, I didn’t forget you, heck I even miss debating, agreeing to disagree, with you sir!! (for the record, I never called you a hater, or troll, hope that has been cleared up) as I said earlier in my letter, I know I have forgotten some posters that I truly enjoyed talking with, I’m truly not trying to offend anyone, eventually I will remember more posters, and will include them in future letters, but look on the bright side, even if I remember 10 minutes after the Mailbag leaves on the supply helicopter, it will probably be 2 weeks or so before my son gets a letter to post from me!! I know that brings a smile to a lot of Birdgang posters out there, only having to see maybe 3 of my ramblings a month, that is going to be one of the best early Christmas presents that any of you have ever gotten! LOL!
    And finally, just got word we lost our first game, bummer!! I knew our lack of pass rush was going to be a huge issue against one of the best of all time, no teams DB’s could have shutdown Manning’s receiving corps when he faces no pressure.

JTDG – I’m of the opinion that a1st round draft pick alone is not going to solve our pass rush problem (even if we did trade up for a top 10 spot in 2015) but if we pick near the end of the round, like hopefully last, he wont be a game changer. I don’t think taking a pass rushing specialist in both rounds #1 & #2 is out of the realm of possibility (and even though I think we need OL and RB help, I wouldn’t be opposed to back to back defensive crushers, unless an O-Lineman who was rated high to mid first round somehow fell to us late in rd #2, then we could go O-line in 2nd round, and go real hard after one of the veteran free agent OLB/Pass Crushers you have mentioned in the past. (Not just for JTDG, please, anyone feel free to throw their thoughts out, the more I have to read over here about my beloved Cardinals, and Cardinals fan’s, the longer I keep from going insane, as well, it puts my mind at ease, and off of “other” subjects over here!!
    Also, (time for JTDG to do some reading, and assessment/honest opinion…lol!!) Unless Fitz take a huge paycut we will need to draft at least one WR, agree? And you are well aware of my affinity for sleepers/small school steals. Although ECU is no small school, it is Div1, and of course you are aware of my bias toward East Carolina U. Please check out Justin Hardy/ECU (WR wears #2, has videos on you tube) he has been lighting it up in Greenville NC since his freshman year (as a walk-on believe it or not!!) I would love to see him catching bombs from Palmer next year!! (Or Stanton, and eventually our QB of the future Logan Thomas!) I will sign off (and end my sons misery for now! Thanks buddy, I owe you big time for doing this for your “old man”!!) I will hopefully hear from some of you, please excuse the delay of 2-3 weeks, this is the only way I could think of to stay halfway in touch with fellow Cardinal fanatics!!!!
    Could someone post whether we won or lost the game after Denver?? (Sorry, I forgot who we played!
    You all take care, and don’t take life to seriously, except for Sunday’s at the games!!! LOL!
    WOW!! one last dig…t-stone! 🙂

25. By superbowlcards on Oct 15, 2014 | Reply

Any info on 2 players we just signed to practice squad?

26. By Darren Urban on Oct 15, 2014 | Reply

superbowlcards —

RE: PS guys

From the press release:

The Arizona Cardinals Football Club today announced that the team has signed linebacker KAELIN BURNETT and cornerback ROSS WEAVER to the practice squad and released linebacker JONATHAN BROWN from the practice squad.

Burnett (6-4, 240) played in all 16 games with the Raiders last season and ranked second on the team with 10 special teams tackles while also forcing a fumble. He entered the league with Oakland as an undrafted rookie free agent from Nevada in 2012 and played in six games as a rookie after beginning the season on the Raiders practice squad. He was placed on Oakland’s injured reserve (knee) on September 1 and was released by the Raiders on September 18. His brother, Kevin, has played in the league the past nine seasons with the Cowboys, Chargers, Dolphins and Raiders.

Weaver (6-1, 206) originally entered the league as an undrafted rookie free agent with the Miami Dolphins in 2010 out of Michigan State. During his NFL career, Weaver has spent time on the practice squad of the Seattle Seahawks, Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Lions and New York Giants. He played this past offseason and training camp with the Giants until he was released on August 26. While at Michigan State, Weaver was a team captain as a senior and started 17 career games for the Spartans.

27. By Chuck 1 on Oct 15, 2014 | Reply

Richard S.,

Welcome to the blog.

Thanks for the background info. Good luck w/your knee replacement. The first three months of our S-I-L’s recovery drove him up the wall. However, he’s 100 percent now.
    The ranking info is interesting and different from the normal comments that are posted.

28. By Chuck 1 on Oct 15, 2014 | Reply

To br’s son in NC,

I suspected that your Dad was overseas because we hadn’t seen his postings for a while.
    Your Dad owes you big time for typing that tome. 🙂

29. By T.Stone on Oct 15, 2014 | Reply

WOW!!! Wow is right. Not sure where you are now but hear this. If you are off serving this great country of our’s in any capacity then you are a better man than I Cardinal Brother. Thanks for that. And if youre out just working then great, the world needs ditch diggers too. When I first saw that post i did what I normaly do when I see a short story. Skip it. Then I read it because I saw your WOW at the end. lol. Dont know how we would get info to you other than this site so here it goes. You are two weeks out so this is up to date info for you via my psychic abilities.
    As you already know we killed the Raiders 35 to 10, Then the eagles came to town and in a close one we got em 28-27. The Best of all was the 31 to 21 Beat down in the House that Jerry Built to send us to a 7-1 record. What is wierd is that all the experts still have us ranked behind the Chargers who we beat, that beat the Seahawks and the Niners who we beat. Stay safe.

30. By T.Stone on Oct 15, 2014 | Reply

Forgot to Add
    Br in NC

RE: Post.

31. By Dynosoar on Oct 15, 2014 | Reply

T. Stone,

My bad, I had us at 31 to 17 over Jerry’s Boys. I loved the response.

Richard S.

Thanks. What’s your source material for the predictions? What do you expect me to get out of it? I’m looking forward to reading your next spreadsheet and understanding the whole thing. I like stats as well, working in R&D.

To the son of br in nc,

Thank you!!! I have missed your pops posts. I hope the bad guys over there miss you dad as much as Derek Anderson missed Fitzgerald. Then he’ll be back in one piece. With the dad you’ve got, it’s no wonder you chose the Patriot’s as your favorite team.

br in nc,

be well sir. We want you home intact. Will you be home in time for the Super Bowl? I hope so.

32. By Dynosoar on Oct 15, 2014 | Reply

Dr. G.,

I work in R&D and am a stats guy (as ya’ll on this site have probably noticed. Haha.)

Without an explanation of the stats presented and an understanding of how to interpret them, I’m clueless (ya’ll may think this of me as well. Haha.) I’m not a Fantasy Football guy either, but it works for many.

Glad you also like that BA is searching for perfection. Can’t wait till I hear him say in the post game, this was a perfect game. T.Stone, when do you see that one happening? Haha. Loved the predictions for the next three games, 7-1 is more than doable.

Be well.

33. By John The Draft Guy on Oct 15, 2014 | Reply

br in nc,

Keep your head down and come back in one piece. You make all cards fans, heck and players, grateful for what you are doing for our country. I’ll give you some reading material.

Draft picks for cards? It is way too early , even for me. Too many factors.
    But I will give you the best answer I can.

Starting with Larry Fitz;
    How could we let the guy go. Every catch he makes pumps up the home crowd. But we can’t pay 23 million either. I hope both sides give in a little and Larry stays.

But if Larry decides he can’t stay, I love me some Jaelen Strong. This guy is 6’4″ and runs like a deer. Can get deep (15 yds a catch). I see Strong as a late one.

Pass rushers;
    I am not falling out of my chair about any OLBs yet. Calhoun from Mich St. might be my favorite right now. But I’m not as excited as I was for Barr, Mack and Lawrence last year. I do want to see more Alvin Dupree with Kentucky. Could be one of those guys like Lawrence who gains momentum.

I think first, we have to see how Okafor plays out. Can he stay healthy and can he play well. I like his size and how he plays the run, I want to see more of his pass rush.

Second, you have to kick the tires on FAs.
    I know Darren thinks Houston will get franchised and he may be right. I think if I was the Chiefs, I would keep Houston to go with 1st rounder Dee Ford and let the 31 yr old Hali go. Or maybe keep both and sit Ford another year.
    Orakpo is the guy I think will be available. The skins franchised him this year and drafted Trent Murphy. Kerrigan has played well, might be gone this year.

QBs-
    Not sure how the cards feel about Thomas. Obviously you wont have 4 QBs. If Palmer and Stanton are there, do they give up on Thomas. Or are you ready to go into the year with Thomas and a rookie backing up Palmer? I think a lot has to be decided on this issue over the next few months.

Oline;
    Again, that depends on how you feel about Cooper and Watford. I think Coopers guaranteed salary will give him another shot next year. I can’t see them drafting Oline high.

ILBs-
    I know it is unusual, but one of the best OLBs in the draft is Eric Striker of Oklahoma. But he will be too small to play outside in the NFL. But Bowles likes fast , active and a little smaller LBs inside. I would love to grab Striker, who is a great player to move around and blitz, plus he can drop into coverage.

Finally, best player in 2015 draft by far in my opinion, Leonard Williams. USC DT/DE is 6’5″ 300 pounds who can move. Jacksonville’s #1 overall pick.
    No way can we take him, but it will be interesting how the 2 rookies develop over the season. I personally think we will be fine at DE.

On last note, I would not have Winston from FSU on my board at all. He is undraftable in my opinion. Can’t trust him at all.

Well bc in nc, here is my best answer to your questions. Be safe.

34. By T.Stone on Oct 15, 2014 | Reply

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

BR in NC has got JTDG into a Mock Draft post in October. Well done sir.

#nomocinoct

35. By T.Stone on Oct 15, 2014 | Reply

Dynosoar

It is Probably because I just updated my crystal ball to 9.0 But you were close

🙂

36. By Scott H on Oct 15, 2014 | Reply

br in nc & Son –

Thanks for all that! Can’t imagine being where you are or doing what you do. Take care of yourself over there and get back safe. Among other things, we got one helluva team over here that appears on the verge of giving us ALL something to look forward to! Our Cardinal red hearts are with you.

37. By Dr. G. on Oct 15, 2014 | Reply

br in nc – – You’re quite the popular guy on the post today. Your son served you well… And no, I don’t need to stay at a Holiday Inn, thank you. Others have things covered fairly well, so… Marine, I will just order you always at the ready and Semper Fidelis…USN…

RichardS – – A soliloquy indeed ! You are encouraged to let the numbers flow from your spreadsheet into a picturesque event on the field of battle where passion and sometimes blood flow to seek victory for the Cardinal Coat of Arms! Instead of strenuous study, let the gladiators entertain you with their mighty skills.

I promised myself I would keep most forums in the colloquial…temptation may fail me just occasionally.!

Now we understand RichS a bit huh Dyno.? But we can make numbers say anything.

Ok…football… Veldheer is still the best acquisition of the year! And he can even hold for Zaro if he wants to.! That kid is perfect to far… Bring on the Raiders.!

38. By Coach K on Oct 15, 2014 | Reply

If we don’t get our running game going, and our offensive line run blocking better, our passing game will not be as effective no matter who is catching the ball. We need to get more dependable running the ball.

39. By Coach K on Oct 15, 2014 | Reply

JTDG

Winston will not be drafted because he will be serving time in jail based on his stupid is, stupid does character flaws.

He could work at the stadium refreshment stand perhaps.

40. By clssylssy on Oct 16, 2014 | Reply

@br in nc & son:
    Great to hear from you, I had assumed that only being deployed would keep you away from the action occurring here with the Cards and the birdgang and look forward to your safe return.
    While we may seem to bicker a bit here, the freedom to exchange our differing views is one of the freedoms you can be credited with preserving as well as your efforts in protecting our way of life. Ours hearts and prayers are with you, along with our gratitude for your service. Be safe and hurry back.

41. By Big Ken on Oct 16, 2014 | Reply

I like the idea of Orakpo joining the Cardinals, but he’s going to be had for a big price tag. for sure

42. By jorge on Oct 16, 2014 | Reply

hello, what about Marion Grice, no snaps no touches?