University of Phoenix Stadium – False Start Central

Posted by since1898 on October 22, 2014 – 11:19 am

FALSE-START-NUMBERS

BACK TO #since1898

Tags: , , , , ,
Posted in Since1898 | 9 Comments »

9 Responses to “University of Phoenix Stadium – False Start Central”

1. By Scott H on Oct 22, 2014 | Reply

Man, that is so cool! Amazing to think that at one time not so long ago, the Cardinals had virtually NO home field advantage at all. They played in a concrete oven….they drew about 23,000 for home games….some teams would draw more fans to Cardinals home games than the Cardinals did…and we were a joke to the rest of the sports world. But NOW? I don’t hear anyone laughing anymore.

I love knowing that OUR staduim is where the most false start penalties over the last 10 years are being called. That whole 12th Man thing that gets so much attention in Seattle is just so played out and over-blown. Yes, they DO have a great fan base and yes, that place IS loud. But…enough, already. 12th Man, my ass! We can rock the house every bit as loud as anyone else can. And we have the numbers to back that up!

And I cannot wait to bask in the glory of all of this on Sunday, when I will see my Cardinals play at home for the first time EVER!

2. By Dr. G. on Oct 22, 2014 | Reply

Interpretation – – Toughest house in the NFL for opponents to hear their QB…!

3. By Robert on Oct 22, 2014 | Reply

on that note, how come when i am at the game or watching on TV, do I see so many empty seats in the mid level? Somebody help me on this

As far as noise, it certainily appears much louder in Seattle than here

4. By jwoodaz on Oct 22, 2014 | Reply

WHAT!!??

5. By Scott H on Oct 22, 2014 | Reply

Seriously….to the one person who gave my previous post a thumbs down, can I ask WHAT exactly I said in THAT post what you took exception to??? Are you a Seahawk fan, by any chance??? Gimme a break….

6. By LadyBird04 on Oct 23, 2014 | Reply

Scott

The seats in the mid-level you see emply are the Club Level Seats. They cost substantially more than the regular seats (less than the suites) and I believe they are purchased on a contract for several years. Look at the Cards seating chart for prices.

These premium seats as well as suites, don’t count against the “sellout” and that is why you might be confused about the Cards having all these sellouts. Other teams that have Club Level seats most often have the same issue with empty seats.

Hope this helps and that I’m giving completely accurate information.

7. By Darren Urban on Oct 23, 2014 | Reply

LadyBird —

RE: Sellouts

You are absolutely correct.

8. By Scott H on Oct 23, 2014 | Reply

LadyBird –

Thanks! But why did you address that to me? I wasn’t the one asking about empty seats in the stadium.

9. By sbrown on Oct 24, 2014 | Reply

also don’t forget that the Fiesta Bowl has ownership of the two large club level boxes on each end of UoP. These are almost never used for a Cardinal game.