Campbell playing; Grice active for first time

Posted by Darren Urban on October 26, 2014 – 11:26 am

The big if not unexpected news: Defensive end Calais Campbell is active today and will be playing for the Cardinals. That isn’t a shock with the way Campbell was talking Friday.

I know I’ve gotten more questions about a rookie sixth-round pick that was already cut once than I ever expected, but for all those waiting, Marion Grice will be active for the first time today for the Cardinals. That’s the guy the Cards pick to replace their third quarterback active, which Logan Thomas was last week. Grice, given the way the Cards would like to run the ball, could see some action today. Linebacker Desmond Bishop is also active for the first time since being re-signed.

Here’s the full Cardinals’ inactive list:

— QB Logan Thomas

— LB Thomas Keiser

— LB Glenn Carson

— DT Alameda Ta’amu

— DT Bruce Gaston

— G Earl Watford

— TE Troy Niklas (ankle)

For the Eagles, RB Darren Sproles (knee) and C Jason Kelce (hernia) are inactive. Starting LB Mychal Kendricks is active.

Tags: , , ,

26 Responses to “Campbell playing; Grice active for first time”

1. By georgiebird on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

Time to bench PP. Too many teams are going after him in clutch situations. And it’s not a coincidence that all the teams identify PP as a weak link.

2. By CreditCard on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

I hope the Cards have some good halftime adjustments. So far, Eagles appear to be outplaying the Cards, even though it is 7-7

3. By CreditCard on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

Cards need to pass it to a tight end, or just throw it to Larry Fitzgerald.

4. By CreditCard on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

Fitzgerald breaks a tackle races 80-yds for a TD. That will keep Philly from blitzing. Peterson still in locker room — I guess for concussion protocol. I am way nervous about this game, Eagles seem to match up well against the Cards

5. By CreditCard on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

Cards cannot / should not run wide. Eagles are somewhat running the ball Ok. This game is making me nervous.

6. By CreditCard on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

Another flag. The refs have become the most visible players

7. By CreditCard on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

Other than the 80-yd TD, it has been all 3 and outs for the Cards. Seems like there are many Eagle fans at the stadium. Remind them about why they left Philly: 1. High crime, 2. Narrow streets. 3. Dead bodies floating down the Schukrull river. ….

8. By CreditCard on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

Let’s get a little more imaginative in calling the offensive plays

9. By louis on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

cards can/t beat a good team they will finish with the rams again.

10. By superbowlcards on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

Obviously you are a hater Louis!!
    And one who knows nothing about football, Eagles are a very good team (who, like the Cardinals, have been slammed with injuries!) and we just beat the Eagles!! Try again some other time, Mr Hater!

11. By CreditCard on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

Defense is gassed. Cards do not have an answer to the hurry-up. Denver burned the Cards with the hurry, the Eagles are getting it done as well.

12. By CreditCard on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

Hands are on all Card players’ hips — bad sign. We have better luck with Don Stockton messing things up.

13. By CreditCard on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

4th and inches, tied at 17, and two minutes remaining.

14. By CreditCard on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

Ok, I’ve contacted my cardiologist. Wow what a game! I think over-all the Eagles outplayed the Cards, but they made mistakes. The Cardinals long ball threat will help the team in future games (loosens the defense).

Not sure on who will receive game balls. Palmer, Brown, Fitz, Cromartie, Rucker, are all good candidates.

15. By Dynosoar on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

CreditCard,

We forced 4 turnovers, had two deep ball touchdowns, zero interceptions, I watched a lot of QB hurries on Foles and we won.

Now, you saw something to think the Eagles outplayed us. I’d like to know what you saw that makes you feel this way? Is it something to concern ourselves going forward?

A question is, did Bowles’ defense unnerve the Eagles offense enough that they made mistakes they wouldn’t have made if practicing or playing the Giants?

I maintain that Bowles’ defense is getting in the heads of other teams offenses and that’s creating mistakes. But would like to hear what you saw and maybe, maybe my thoughts will give a different perspective or your thoughts may do this for me.

3-0 with just one team to beat next week and we’ll sweep the NFC East. I’ll look, but I don’t think that’s ever happened, at least not in my 47 as a Cardinals fan.

16. By superbowlcards on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

Two words about our Cardinals

NEVER QUIT!!

17. By Dr. G. on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

Holding the Eagles to 20 points??? Yep, Bowles covered BAs behind again… We only scored our anemic 23-24 points per game. Game ball for Bowles.!!!!

As for airing it out as I hoped, it worked to pick on the Eagles CBs. But as CCard mentioned, the Eagles out played the Cards ((just on offense))… 88 plays vs the Cards’ 65. The Eagles had 521 total yards… Unbelievable..! But keeping them from scoring in the Red Zone and 3 to 1 turn overs was the difference. I won’t comment on PP right now. I hope he is OK…

Cards – – 71 Yards rushing.! – – 329 Passing yards – – Just OK this time.

2 plays that increased the heart rate::

A. Fitz running like a scalded dog or running like a cowboy was after him with a branding iron.! Loved it.

B. Brown’s finger tip grasp to go ahead… This kid is humble about his terrific skill. He is a breath of fresh air coming to us.

Palmer said it well: A fortunate win… This was a very good team – we may see them again… What city do the Cowboys play in? It is not Dallas… Watch out!!!!!

18. By superbowlcards on Oct 27, 2014 | Reply

Smoke or Smokey, whichever, don’t really matter, (personally prefer smoke) made the summersalt grab as well, didnt he? other than the fact it didn’t result in a TD, I maintain that was a more difficult and prettier catch than the game winning TD catch and run, which was also a thing of beauty!!

Dr G
    “Running like a scalded dog” that sir, is hilarious, I’am at this moment trying to type this and laughing so hard my jaw hurts, and I can barely see my eyes are watering so bad, tears are running down my face like a scalded dog as a matter of fact, from laughing so damn hard!! I’m an animal lover, and the thought and image of this should not be funny, but for the life of me I can’t stop laughing!! Bravo, sir!

19. By krehbieo14 on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

The Eagles burned our secondary deep while our “weak link” was in the locker room concussed.
    Darren-
    Did Taylor get hurt on a special teams play? Also, what’s going on with Ta’amu’s status? Ballsy call on 3rd and five! Great win because we played that situation by rolling the dice, not afraid of losing!

20. By Darren Urban on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

Krehbieo —

RE: Taylor

I don’t know when Taylor got hurt. Might have been a play he was in on pass pro. He did come in at RB right about that time.

Ta’amu just isn’t playing well enough. And against an athletic Eagles offense, he wasn’t an ideal fit. I’d be surprised I think if he wasn’t active for Dallas.

21. By italycardfan on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

What can I write? I do not know what words to use to describe my happiness.
    But what suspense until the end !!!
    A great team! I am proud of all the players! Heart and tenacity !!!
    I’m sorry for PP. I hope he recovers quickly!

22. By JohnnyBluenose on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

@CreditCard….all good choices for game balls. i also recommend Tony Jefferson, Tyran Matthieu and Tommy Kelly (an after-thought who has played well).

23. By Dr. G. on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

Next up, the Arlington Cowboys….

24. By georgiebird on Oct 26, 2014 | Reply

Cards played well but got a big break at the two minute mark. The last Philly run should have been a 1st and goal from the 1 foot line. If the runner’s knee hit, it should have been marked further back. Philly could have run out the clock.

25. By Dr. G. on Oct 27, 2014 | Reply

Superbowlcards – – What is life without humor and imagination? Right now, I am trying to imagine Romo looking sadly after the Cards figure a way to give them their 3rd loss….that is after the ‘Skins get lucky tonight…. Be well…

26. By Dr. G. on Oct 27, 2014 | Reply

‘Skins did get it done tonight… I must be clairvoyant. Now to Sunday in Arlington for nachos and a spanking for the Cowboys… Better offense this weekend…