The bar set high for Floyd catches

Posted by Darren Urban on October 30, 2014 – 10:25 am

Michael Floyd went catchless last game, for the first time since his rookie season, and he had a brief scare when he landed on his knee trying to make a catch on the sideline. It probably says something about Floyd — something good — that he was asked to make a couple of difficult receptions deep down the field and when he couldn’t, it was a surprise.

Floyd was targeted four times in the game. All four, in theory, could have been completed. If you are holding Floyd (and, also, quarterback Carson Palmer) to a high standard, maybe you say should have been completed.

“Wouldn’t say (Floyd) should have, but he has come up with them in the past,” coach Bruce Arians said. “Sometimes I get disappointed because some of those are great catches, but when you make great catches you set a standard, and that’s what everybody expects, as I do, for him to come down with those balls.”

— The first came in double-coverage traffic in the end zone on what would have been a 35-yard TD on third-and-13. Floyd just couldn’t hang on (as you can see in this video.) But he had a shot.

— The second came on the throw down the sideline on first-and-10 from the Arizona 48. Floyd was open. It was a nice throw. But Floyd couldn’t hang on as the ball hit him in the arms (it’s hard to tell if he would’ve been inbounds, but it would’ve been close) and then his left knee hit the ground hard. Arians said Floyd is fine, although Floyd was on the injury report (practicing full) Wednesday. It would’ve been a gain of about 35 yards again.

— Floyd missed the rest of that series, but on the first play of the next one, again, after Floyd came off hurt, the Cardinals tried to burn the Eagles with that knowledge. Arians ran a flea-flicker on first-and-10 from the Arizona 38. Floyd got behind the defenders, but Palmer overthrew him, and it certainly looked like Floyd’s knee cost him the chance to be at top speed to try and run down the pass. It’s at least a 40-plus-yard gain if the two hook up.

— The final target was a third-and-2 short slant. Floyd was open, but safety Malcolm Jenkins simply makes a nice play to hit Floyd just as the ball arrives.

If anything, it just goes to prove what the Cardinals have for available weapons. Floyd has morphed arguably into the Cards’ top receiving target. He gets shut out, and Larry Fitzgerald is the NFC’s best offensive player and Smokey Brown blows up.

FloydBlogUSE

Tags:

44 Responses to “The bar set high for Floyd catches”

1. By SteveG on Oct 30, 2014 | Reply

Two passes “dropped” in the end zone (Carlson was stripped in end zone being the other..pretty sure it was Carlson)…

If we go 50% on those chances it ain’t a close game really…

But we didn’t, it was and we won…

2. By LG on Oct 30, 2014 | Reply

Floyd hands got to get better he can’t have games like the last one everybody hands have room for improvement. but we are number one BIRDGANG!!!!!!!!

3. By Jd on Oct 30, 2014 | Reply

Fitz stepped up. We have multiple deadly receivers for a reason. Floyd will get 4 for 110 1td next time. No sweat

4. By Dynosoar on Oct 30, 2014 | Reply

I like that at the beginning of the season Fitz was double teamed and we went to Floyd and Brown. In the endzone Floyd’s double teamed, now that teams are gameplanning for him, it’s Fitzgerald and Brown getting the ball. What happens when a tam gameplans for Brown, it’ll be the Fitzgerald-Floyd show. And then there’s Ellington and Carlson. We have weapons and are winning.

Looking forward to the next 12 games. As long as we win the last one, doesn’t matter the rest. Well, 4-0 against the East and 6-0 against the West would be sweet.

5. By Scott H on Oct 30, 2014 | Reply

Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Floyd but I do not believe he has yet “morphed” into the top receiving threat on this team. His numbers just don’t justify that yet. He DOES have top receiver capability. But he’s just not there yet. Hasn’t produced with the consistency to claim that title on this team. Fitz was the go-to guy on Sunday and I think he is still the go-to guy overall. He is still the most skilled receiver, the most complete receiver we have, and still has ( maybe ) THE best hands in the league.

To repeat, I love Floyd and I know he is gonna take over as top dog at some point. But I don’t think he is there yet.

I look forward to a big bounce back game for Floyd this week. I think more big plays will be needed on Sunday and I know they are gonna give him plenty of shots.

6. By OH IOcards fan on Oct 31, 2014 | Reply

Not so sure he’ll be the top receiver. Until he can catch the ball with his hands and not depend on using his body to catch the ball. This has been my knock on Floyd all along. If he uses his hands on either of the deep balls there caught, instead of trying to cradle the ball.I like Floyd too, he runs good routes and always is a threat to take it to the house, but has to use his hands.

7. By Dynosoar on Oct 30, 2014 | Reply

Kevin S. Mesa,

I feel your comments in the last article (27th) regarding PP are spot on.

He’s getting paid HUGE money to stop the WR on the opposing offense who’s getting paid HUGE money to make the play. When we pair up to of the best athletes and players on opposite sides of the ball, they’re both going to make plays.

If our secondary wasn’t on an island (like say Seattle), and we get an island with blitzes and we do tend to blitz a few time each game, our corners and safeties will get beat from time to time.

I also notice that only one team, the Broncos, have scored more than 20 points in a game. Our secondary (and this includes PP) has done a better than average job to date. If the playoffs were today (and they’re not, I know), but if they were, we are the number 1 seed with home field advantage throughout the playoff AND the Super Bowl.

9 games to go. We’ve proven a better opponent (PP and lack of pass rush included) than six other teams to date.

As Kevin noted, georgiebird may have the best explanation of all regarding PP’s decline. I believe it’s half way down the last articles posts.

4-0 against the EAST! Go Cardinals! Go Patriots! (well, this week for NE)

8. By NJAzCardsFan on Oct 30, 2014 | Reply

Darren- On the game winning throw Palmer made to John Brown in the Eagles game,
    who far did Palmer throw it in the air…. Any idea???

9. By Darren Urban on Oct 30, 2014 | Reply

NJAz —

RE: Pass

About 48 yards or so?

10. By JohnnyBluenose on Oct 30, 2014 | Reply

Sunday was not Michael Floyd’s only disappointing game. In seven games he has only 19 receptions…Not good.

11. By Kevin S Mesa on Oct 30, 2014 | Reply

I didn’t like the Floyd pick in 2012 — not when we didn’t have a decent QB to throw him the ball.

But now that we do, and with the possibility of losing Fitz next year due to the complications we are all aware of, I’m glad we drafted Floyd. Now obviously if the then-regime had perfect foresight and knew that Russell Wilson was capable of producing as well as he has, I’d probably have been pretty happy with a Wilson pick — but everyone else passed on him for 2 full rounds. We needed a QB badly then, but the first QB chosen after our pick was Weeden and he hasn’t been able to stick as a starter even on a bad team, so one can assume he wouldn’t have been “the guy” in AZ either. (I also know there were people talking about moving up to take Tannehill but I don’t know what we’d have had to give up to do that. And he’s been getting better each year, but he’s certainly not elite.)

I’m sure I could go down the list of folks drafted after Floyd and find some people I’d love to have on the Cardinals, but I’m glad we got him. I wasn’t in 2012, but that just shows you can’t evaluate a draft immediately.

12. By superbowlcards on Oct 30, 2014 | Reply

Kevin S
    Might see Weedon Sunday, if Romeo can’t go. (yes I’m aware it says Romeo, that’s just the kooky nickname I use for him) actually, would love to see Weedon instead of Romeo, I tend to think Weedon at QB pretty much seals a Cardinal victory! Although I’m confident we will shut down Murray, forcing Dallas to go one dimensional, and whoever is the QB for Dallas will implode!! One concern (as in most games) Cowboys TE’s having huge outings!

13. By Kevin S Mesa on Oct 30, 2014 | Reply

Dynosoar —

Definitely another factor in the evaluation of PP this year is that we are blitzing so often and leaving him on that island you mention.

As good as he is, he’s going to get beat sometimes — and he’s going to get beat more often this year when due to the lack of a pass rush we’re constantly bringing the house and leaving him and his comrades in the secondary more exposed. And then there’s the fact that our run defense is very good so teams pass more against us (41 attempts/game, 3rd highest in the league)… inevitably they’re going to succeed sometimes. We’re giving up a lot of passing yards and that ain’t just about PP …

14. By SmoothCARD GA on Oct 30, 2014 | Reply

Darren- do you think anything will be/has been said about Micheal Floyd relying too much on his body to catch passes? Would you think he would come down with more passes if he truly high pointed those deep.balls?

15. By Darren Urban on Oct 30, 2014 | Reply

Smooth —

RE: Floyd body catches

Not that I know of. He’s been pretty successful up until this weekend.

16. By Richard S on Oct 30, 2014 | Reply

Key to the Dallas game: Field position. The Cards can’t let Dallas with their running back start drives 3 times at midfield like the Eagles did.

17. By Andy Kw on Oct 30, 2014 | Reply

When one player struggles, another player rises from the ashes.

18. By MUSHROOM MAN on Oct 30, 2014 | Reply

Hi Darren and if I am lucky anyone on the cardinals roster specifically Tony Jefferson, Saw an article talking about how Tony Jefferson couldn’t remember the game on Sunday while driving home. concussions are a scary form of TBI because they can build up and accumulate without the concussed really knowing. I am no doctor, but have worked in medical industry for a few years now. These guys need to be careful coming back from injuries like these, and they need to start thinking outside the box. hyperbaric chambers, ice bathes all those healing tools they use are great for the body but the mind is its own universe of connections and networks that is unmatched in complexity. Lions mane mushroom is one of the few naturally occuring organisms on the planet that actually helps that network repair itself. Look it up colleges, labs and drs are starting to look into the power of mushrooms for health and healing. I know some of you will read this and think I am some yuppie, hippie nerd whose head is so far up my own () I cant see the sun, but here is the thing I have lived in this state my entire life. Arizona teaches you more about being at the will of nature maybe more so than any other place I have ever been, and in learning that I understand how powerful nature is and how powerful fostering a relationship with nature is. I also bleed red and blue (saturdays) and red black and yellow (sundays) and when players from my squad are hurt I hope for their speediest recovery in a healthy safe way, and trusting nature instead of man made solutions to me seem like the smartest way to do so. Anyway you break it down this is the proudest I have ever been to be a Cardinal fan, BA has this whole team playing like a true team and they are kicking butt taking names doing it. GO CARDS!

19. By cards62 on Oct 30, 2014 | Reply

Darren very nice article on Cromartie and the stats were a great touch.
    Could you please post Patrick Peterson stats so far this season. Please place them with Cromartie,s numbers and our other corners if you wish. I think this will generate an interesting discussion with our panel.

For the record I voiced many times how pleased I was with our selection of PP, but something is just not right with him. Would I dump him no way, but I am concerned

I do not know about the rest of you but I really enjoyed PP returns for touchdowns his rookie season as he won us a couple of games. Remember how poor our team was his rookie season? Think now about having a return guy like that on this years team. How many years of his career did Primetime Sanders return punts? His full time cornerback job did not seem to suffer too much if I remember correctly.

Sometimes a player plays better and stays more focus the more involved they are in a game. I would even line the kid up at receiver a few plays a game. How hard is it really mentally to just hear go long about 4 plays a game. Guys and gals I know I am reaching, but I just want my old PP back.

Go Cards

20. By cards62 on Oct 30, 2014 | Reply

Dan Williams

I asked right after the game why Dan Williams was not in the game for the last two series and I was shocked when Darren told us he only played 18 of 92 defensive snaps. As always thanks Darren for the great input.

Some of you caught this and ask what was going on, but no one ever really answered so I am asking for us again.

As thin as our dline is why is our former first rounder who should be in the prime of his career only getting 18 snaps ??????? I am not saying he played poorly as I was looking for his big body on Philly’s second to last drive of the game when they ran the ball down our throats not understanding why he did not reenter the game during that drive. I thought he was our starter.

Darren can you offer any input?

As always thanks.

21. By Darren Urban on Oct 31, 2014 | Reply

cards62 —

RE: Williams

Dan is primarily a nose tackle and frankly, when you are playing spread offenses, he simply isn’t going to a play a ton in the sub-packages that are mostly used.

22. By cards62 on Oct 30, 2014 | Reply

Cardinals front office and coaching staff.

I have followed the Cardinals for over 40 years and never have I been more pleased or encouraged about our teams future than I am now because of the people we have in place including Michael Bidwill. I do believe if the season ended today our coaching staff deserves to be voted best in the NFL in a landslide victory. Our GM has done a very very good job.

Bunch of you jumped on JTDG for us not taking a chance on Ayers. Why? This is what a lot of us fans do, and it is fun to do and debate. Not one time have I ever read anything from JTDG where he said our GM was doing a bad job or should be fired. If you go back to my old posts you will see many where I said our former GM Rod Graves, our GM when we went to the Superbowl, must be fired. Nice guy and professional, but could not get the job done, and you know what we get rid of Graves and immediately we have much greater success. For years many of us said the Cardinals must address the oline and our organization did very little and you know what our oline continued to be one of the worse in the league. My point is we fans have eyes and brains and sometimes we get things right but like the real GMs we are not perfect. I was upset when we did not draft Aaron Hernandez at TE and took WR A. Roberts instead. Sorry about that one Arizona Cardinal Fans.

Point is lets have fun on this website as this is the fun part of life and lets not be afraid to voice our opinions in a respectful fashion. Debate is healthy and no one wants to see the Cardinals win the Superbowl more than JTDG, except for me of course ha ha, and my friends we all have eyes and brains and our lack of a pass rush is our biggest need at this point, and my opinion is it is going to bite us this year. Hope I am wrong and will very gladly admit it. I would have given up a 5 and a 7 for Ayers. This is a calculated risk but a low risk. Guys we are not giving up a one, two, or even a third round pick.

I really like our organization at this time so lets go Cardinals and beat the Cowboys.

23. By Dynosoar on Oct 30, 2014 | Reply

Andy KW,

“When one player struggles, another player rises from the ashes.”

Sweet comment! Love the reference and image and how appropriate. Perfect!

24. By superbowlcards on Oct 31, 2014 | Reply

Could somebody be so kind as to post when the flea-flicker occurred, ill be damned if I didn’t miss it, I dvr’d the game but it would be easier to find, just what quarter it occurred would be awesome, many thanks, fellow birdiacs! (Yeah, just pulled “birdiacs” out of my backside!)

25. By Darren Urban on Oct 31, 2014 | Reply

superbowl —

RE: Flea-flicker

It was the first Cardinals offensive play after Floyd got hurt. Around the 8-minute mark of the second quarter.

26. By Eazy E on Oct 31, 2014 | Reply

Darren, he isn’t the top WR on the team!? He is benefitting off of Larry getting double-teamed and even tripled at times. That doesn’t mean Floyd couldn’t get open otherwise, but pump the brakes, Larry’s the guy!

27. By clssylssy on Oct 31, 2014 | Reply

This wasn’t the first time Floyd has dropped passes, just the first time he’s been shutout. I blame Arians/Keim for pushing him into a role he’s not quite ready for yet and the campaign to “phase Fitz out”. What other team would even do that when they have Fitz on their roster and he’s not lost a step, but is still setting the bar? Floyd is an imposing talent and great work in progress however, I don’t believe he has the natural talent of John Brown and is going to need some serious tutoring from Larry about developing his hands. I also think he was drafted too high when our team had more critical needs but we now have two big receivers to anchor our offense so that’s the silver lining! The Cards COULD have the best receiving corp in the NFL(still not the Boldin/Fitz duo) and it’s great to have these two big receivers who can also block and contribute as weapons when they aren’t the ones being targeted, especially since we lack a pounder rb and our ground game has dwindled with injuries.
    I don’t think our receivers get credit often for the amazing job they do when not making those acrobatic aerial catches we have come to expect after having Fitz but, the fact is they have worked in unison with others to provide an exceptional defense on offense that has allowed us to move down the field and be successful. This week is going to be a major test for our defense as the Cowboys have big physical talents in Dez Bryant, Demarco Murry,Jason Witten however, we have some pretty big physical guys on offense too in Floyd and Fitz, who have been successful against Richard Sherman, Darrell Revis, and others in the “elite” stratosphere, so it’s gonna come down to play calling, execution (not giving away yards to undisciplined mental errors) and ground and pound. Let’s go into Dallas like Santa Anna and show all the nonbelievers this team is for real!

28. By Darren Urban on Oct 31, 2014 | Reply

clssy —

RE: campaign to “phase Fitz out”

What campaign?

29. By D on Oct 31, 2014 | Reply

Some Early college players to watch for the Draft next spring for the Cardinals…

Round 1– DE/OLB S. Calhoun
    OLB S. Ray

I could see AZ signing a Pass Rusher in Free Agency and still drafting a 1st Round Draft pick on a Pass Rusher to play with Okafor next year.

Round 2– ILB– D. Perryman
    ILB– A. J. Johnson

I don’t see DWash being on this team next year, Cards need a speedy ILB to cover TE and RB out of the backfield.

30. By John The Draft Guy on Oct 31, 2014 | Reply

Kevin S. Mesa,

2012 draft;

I think besides the seahawks and Mike Mayock, there wasn’t a lot of people banging the table for Russel Wilson. At 5’11”, I wasn’t that high on him. I guess he proved everyone wrong and the hawks and mayock right. Mayock thought he deserved to go in round 1.

I think most of this board in 2012 wanted one of 2 guys in round one. Riley Rieff and David Decastro. Our line was so bad and remember, the cards traded away their 2nd for Kolb. Many thought if Kolb was protected, we would be in good shape. I never liked Kolb and thought the cards should trade up for Ryan Tannehill. The rams wanted to move down and the opportunity was there.

I did hear a lot who wanted Nick Foles. After watching him at U of A, myself and others thought both him and Juron Criner (WR from U of A) would fit nicely, provided the Tannehill pick never happened. When the 3rd round came up and he was still there, well taking Fleming over Foles and not trading up for Tannehill, sealed Whiz and Graves fate of the rotating QBs.

I think the pick of Floyd was shocking. Putting up a 1000 yards last year, not to mention his TD in seattle to beat them, he has turned out to be one of the better picks by Graves/Whiz.

31. By Kevin S Mesa on Oct 31, 2014 | Reply

Johnnybluenose —

Surely you’re not implying that Floyd’s been disappointing?

I hope that fantasy football hasn’t made some of our fans look too much at individual stats and not at the one that matters (6-1). As a team, our passing offense is doing pretty well — right in the middle of the pack at 250 yds/game, and that’s with 3 games without our starter. Palmer is at 284 yards/game which is 8th in the league, and so perhaps some of our guys might have slightly better numbers if he had played in all 7 games.

But none of them would be among the league leaders. Our offense is diverse and Palmer distributes the ball to a lot of guys. So yeah, that means Fitz’s, and Floyd’s, and everyone else’s numbers aren’t what they might be on a team with fewer weapons. As Fitz himself said, these are “champagne problems.” I think Palmer set an NFL record earlier this year with completions to 11 different receivers in the same game. A couple games later I think I saw a graphic showing he had completions to 9 guys in a game.

It’s great to have guys like Fitz and Floyd because even when they aren’t catching the ball, they’re making defense pay attention to them which is what makes it possible for John Brown or Carlson or Ellington to get the ball.

32. By jason on Oct 31, 2014 | Reply

@LRiddickESPN
    No two situations are alike, and to assume that a player would have success regardless of their surroundings /situation is misinformed.

Something to consider when playing the would’ve/could’ve game.

33. By Scott H on Oct 31, 2014 | Reply

All things considered and given what Floyd has shown the ability TO be, I would say I am glad he is here as well. But with THAT said….as of right now, he does not look ready to be THE guy at WR for this team come next season. Yeah, still 9 games to go and it was over the 2nd half of last year that he really started to roll. So far, it seems like that process has stalled a little. Would NOT say he has regressed. It’s hard to assess that given that the team is spreading the ball around so much more AND seems more committed to the run. OK. But while I hesitate to use the word regress ( NOT my perception ), the PROgress I was hoping we would see to this point has not been there.

Which brings me back to Fitz and where we go with him after this year. Because I believe 100% this offense still needs him and I believe he is still capable of being a true play-maker for the next several years. I don’t feel like I can count on Floyd for that kind of consistency….YET.

I think w/out Fitz, we have a void that no one on the roster now is ready to fill. So….IF we’re gonna be paying someone to be our top WR, why not pay the guy who is ALREADY our top WR???

And, yes, I am fully aware of the obstacle that his contract presents. I am just hoping there is a way around / over / under / through that obstacle.

34. By JohnnyBluenose on Oct 31, 2014 | Reply

Kevin S Mesa….I don’t do fantasy football and pay no attention to it. I do understand that Palmer spreads the ball around but Floyd’s production this year has not been great mainly, I think, because he has dropped some balls that he should have caught. I’m not saying he should not be starting. He contributes by blocking and by decoying. I just wish he was as dependable this year as he was last year. With our running game struggling for the most part we need our passing game to be better. We won on Sunday because we made two big plays on offense and because our defense made two big stops late. We need more big plays from our offense….hopefully soon from Michael Floyd.

35. By John The Draft Guy on Oct 31, 2014 | Reply

Scott H,

First, I am not saying this is happening or should happen. Just a hypothetical question.

Would you be happy if the cards let Fitz walk in 2015 and draft ASU’s Jalen Strong in round 1?

Just a question.

36. By Scott H on Oct 31, 2014 | Reply

JTDG –

John, I can only say I do not know because I do not follow college football at all. I don’t know who this kid is you’re asking about.

I heard you comment recently in another post that you enjoy hearing from people who use logic and react less with their emotions. Made me smile because I see you as more the former, myself as ( definitely ) more the latter. Never a bad thing because that is what makes this blog go, the push & pull between opposing viewpoints.

Where Fitz is concerned, I am very emotional, struggle to see things rationally. I’m right up front about that. So….it’s hard for me to fathom seeing Fitz walk in 2015 and me being happy, regardless.

But where the players coming out in the draft is concerned, I just can’t go there with ya because…I just really can’t go there at all.

37. By Kevin S Mesa on Oct 31, 2014 | Reply

As a fan of great players and of the idea (in theory) of a guy playing his whole career with one team, I’d love to see Fitz stay.

As a realist, I am prepared to see him go. Which isn’t to say that there isn’t a scenario in which he might stay, but I’m not going to say we just have to keep him at any cost. That could cripple the franchise.

It’s weird seeing guys move around on the back end of their careers but it’s the price we pay for the competitive balance brought by the salary cap.

38. By Kevin S Mesa on Oct 31, 2014 | Reply

Those of you who really analyze the salary cap and how a team puts together its roster… I’d be curious about this question: what’s the most you think an NFL team can afford to pay at each position? What’s the most you’d pay for a top-of-the-line QB? WR? CB? Obviously a lot depends on where they are at in their careers because in the early years some of this is dictated and the player has no option. And it depends on who else you have because if you just drafted a QB who will be relatively inexpensive for the next few years, you can afford to spend more elsewhere. But as a general rule, there’s probably a ceiling at each position… what is it?

39. By Scott H on Nov 1, 2014 | Reply

Kevin –

Interesting question. And I think for the QB position…I don’t know if any team can put a cap on that. Because in the NFL, you HAVE to have an elite QB, Period. In the past, some teams got to – even won – SB’s with GREAT defense and an average QB. As this has become a passing / QB-driven league, that just isn’t gonna happen anymore. When it comes to a no-doubt-about-it elite QB ( defined as Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Luck ), teams have to do / pay whatever it takes to keep them.

Look what the Broncos gave Peyton Manning when no one could even say if the man could physically play the position anymore. And look what the results have been. Heck, look what the Cardinals gave a 38 year-old Kurt Warner to stay for 2 more years! They HAD to, no matter what the cost. They were a SB contender with him. Without him, they weren’t even gonna be 8-8. STILL blows my mind that he walked away from 10 million and a chance for one more shot when he retired halfway through that contract.

When Luck is due for his next deal, it will probably be the biggest contract in NFL history. Can the Colts even consider NOT doing that deal, no matter what it is? They absolutely cannot.

But, enough. I’m harping on the QB position. Other positions? Yeah, I guess teams have to have their own salary structures for different positions. RB’s tend to have short careers. WR’s last longer and have more value because of the prevalence of passing in the league right now. But….( I have to say it ) WR’s don’t win you a SB.

Don’t know if I gave you anything there. Math makes my head hurt, so I’m not gonna try to break down actual numbers here!

40. By John The Draft Guy on Nov 1, 2014 | Reply

Scott H,

I forget you are back east. Jalen Strong is an amazing prospect at Arizona State. He will be a 1st round guy.

I used him as if you lose Fitz, and replace him with a home town star, does it soften the blow? But since you are not in AZ, I got your answer.

It will be a sad day if Fitz walks. Just keep targeting him like last week and who knows, maybe he stays.

PS.
    When I talk about being emotional, I am talking about those who say, “He doesn’t know what he is talking about”, or “you’re wrong” without telling me why I am wrong. You always state your case, whether it is emotional or not, at least you have reasons. You have passion and That is great. I was not referring to you.

The worst post are, “the pass rush will get better” or “Fitz will stay” or “Cooper will be fine” .
    I want to hear why they think that. What evidence do you have to back it? That is what I am talking about.

41. By clssylssy on Nov 1, 2014 | Reply

Something to bear in mind about the salary cap is that all teams function within the same limits, so how is it that teams like Denver, New England,San Francisco,New York, end up with enough cap space to skim off the cream of the crop in elite veterans yeat-after-year? Steve Keim has done an amazing job finding veterans who are willing to sign for a year or two on the cheap but the real wizardry comes in working the cap magic like Belichick, Newsom,Elway. It seems that where there is a will there is a way and part of that may be in the smoke and mirrors of making a team seem appealing which translates into having the depth of talent to be potential SB contender. When a player reaches the level of being a Larry Fitzgerald or a Peyton Manning, they are playing for the ring as they have the money already and it’s about accomplishing a personal goal. When our team has success, as it has begun to have in recent years, it makes Keims job that much easier as a good product sells itself! Get rid of the guys who make the big plays and it’s back to the basement to begin the arduous climb again…
    Meanwhile the talent cut to save money has taken his skills to your competitor along with some of the allure for the Cards for future players (they have their heroes too).

2. Nov 5, 2014: Arizona Cardinals Need More from Talented but Underperforming Michael Floyd — PureFootballPureFootball — Your source for everything about football! — News and tweets about everything football — Football scores, news, NFL
  3. Nov 5, 2014: Arizona Cardinals Need More from Talented but Underperforming Michael Floyd | NanSports
  4. Nov 5, 2014: Arizona Cardinals Need More from Talented but Underperforming Michael Floyd - Distinct Athlete