Congrats Justin Bethel, Special Teams Player of the Week

Posted by since1898 on November 5, 2014 – 10:34 am

BETHEL-POTW-SQUARE

BACK TO #since1898

Tags: , , , , , ,
Posted in Since1898 | 15 Comments »

15 Responses to “Congrats Justin Bethel, Special Teams Player of the Week”

1. By Dr. G. on Nov 5, 2014 | Reply

I’m still thinking Bethel will be a starting Corner in the not-to-distant future, perhaps not until 2015…a FA in 2016..!! Maybe Cro leaves?

PP & Keim/BA may not realize this, but he is morphing into a Safety… This combo would produce better cover all around. Bethel has the quicks…PP has the size for the middle…seems like a developing no brainer. PP can work on tackling a bit. Bethel would blow PP away in the pylons…

Darren – – Please tell me I am not tilting at windmills on this…Thx

2. By Darren Urban on Nov 5, 2014 | Reply

Dr. G —

RE: Peterson

I would be shocked if they made Peterson a safety anytime soon. He just got No. 1 cornerback money, and he’s young. They just drafted Mathieu and Bucannon. Peterson isn’t going to safety.

3. By superbowlcards on Nov 6, 2014 | Reply

Dr G
    Plus you pointed it out yourself, PP cant tackle, at CB he gives no run support whatsoever, a Safety has to be able to defend the run.

4. By perry matherne on Nov 5, 2014 | Reply

Way to bethel,we love ya cuz!

5. By Scott H on Nov 5, 2014 | Reply

Love these special teams of ours! We’re blockin FG’s….got us a kicker who MAKES all the FG’s….shame we lost our Pro Bowl punter but we have a kid that’s doing OK. Gee, if only we had a guy who could give us some big returns….instead, we got a fair catch specialist.

Ginn has been a HUGE disappointment.

6. By Fred on Nov 6, 2014 | Reply

Ginn is doing great! Got to pick & choose when to return em. Just a matter of time & he’ll explode!

7. By Scott H on Nov 5, 2014 | Reply

Dr G –

Wish we could give Cro some of the money we gave Peterson. HE’S the one who’s earning it so far….

8. By jeffy1951 on Nov 5, 2014 | Reply

This team has so many contributors, I wish people would lay off Pat and understand show hard his job is with the new emphasis on “contact”. The NFL is tilting the table toward receivers and the CBs suffer. I thought PP did a very good job on Dez Bryant and I saw an intensity in him that was missing there for a while. Do you agree Darren?

9. By jeffy1951 on Nov 5, 2014 | Reply

This team is FULL of contributors who fly under the national radar. I wish people would get off Pat and understand how hard the job of a corner has become due to the NFL’s desire to open up the offenses and the emphasis on “contact” thought he did a commendable job on Dez Bryant and played with an intensity that’s been missing lately. I hope the trend continues.

10. By Lee W. Flanagan on Nov 6, 2014 | Reply

It continues to amaze me. How does this team has time and time again come up with big plays like this one? I’m just used to the opposite. The Cardinals used to dominate games and find a way to lose it on two or three plays during a game. It goes to show us on how close games are no matter how good or bad a team may be. I think that BA has done a great job of conveying this to his teams.

11. By Fred on Nov 6, 2014 | Reply

A Blocked kick is an exciting play! Great job Bethel!!!

12. By Dr. G. on Nov 6, 2014 | Reply

ScottH… Darren gives the appropriate response on PP regarding the big $$$ and the guarantee… But as you indicate, he has not earned his keep yet. PP was labeled he best athlete in 2011 draft??

Additionally, in his 4th season, he appears to be more a team player than a team leader. Perhaps he will be a late bloomer? He occasionally shows spirit…it seems forced. We know mgmt wants him to be more endearing to the fans. I give them a mulligan for not giving this more time and thought. I am sure that Sherman’s deal was a factor. The mgmt has done so many other things well. But any business needs to hold people accountable.

The cap goes up every year, so that will help. Keim’s 3 year personnel plan is solid; I hope he has the cash to continue his team development in 2015.

And I am of the school that the coach should ignore payroll when fielding his guys…a la Cooper…G’day to you…

13. By Scott H on Nov 6, 2014 | Reply

Dr G –

I remain confident – more so after Dallas – that PP will return to form and be great once again. He’s just too talented NOT to be great. I really believe that – for whatever reason – SOMETHING got into his head and was affecting his ability to just be HIM. I think he shakes that off at some point ( maybe he already has? ) and we see the PP we’ve known re-emerge.

14. By Scott H on Nov 6, 2014 | Reply

Addendum to previous post – as theme music for the re-emergence of Patrick Peterson, may I suggest – the theme from JAWS, perhaps?

15. By Scott H on Nov 7, 2014 | Reply

Fred –

RE – “Ginn has been doing great!”

Um…really? Geez, how many games have I missed? Because I obviously missed something.

He has NOT been great as a return guy. Where are you seeing “great?”

And as a WR? Are you kidding me? After 8 games, he has 6 catches ( SIX!!! LESS THAN ONE CATCH PER GAME ) and not even 100 yds total.

Last year, he had 556 yds / 5 TD’s receiving for the Panthers. This season has been a regression, wouldn’t you say? The words regression and great usually do not go together.

By what measure could anyone possibly say he is doing “great????”