Cardinals bring QB Lindley back

Posted by Darren Urban on November 11, 2014 – 12:28 pm

Carson Palmer was officially put on injured reserve today, ending his season. In his place comes Ryan Lindley, signed back from the Chargers’ practice squad, where he’s been since the Cardinals cut him near the end of the preseason. It makes all the sense in the world. Bruce Arians has talked about the advances Lindley made in his game all last season and into camp, and if it wasn’t for Logan Thomas’ upside, Lindley might’ve stuck around as a third QB.

It makes all the sense in the world. At this point, the Cards want someone that knows the system. Lindley knows it, having played in it for more than a year. He knows the quarterbacks in the room. He’s a smart guy.

Earlier this season, the Cardinals signed Dennis Dixon to the practice squad for a few days before the Washington game, when the statuses of Palmer and Drew Stanton were up in the air. I think the Cards might’ve have grabbed Lindley at the time — except, because he was on the San Diego practice squad, they would’ve had to put him on the active roster and kept him there for at least three weeks. Knowing Palmer and Stanton wouldn’t be down that long, that didn’t make sense. Now that Palmer is out for the season, it does.

What would be interesting will be if something happens to Stanton long-term. I think Thomas is the backup for now. But if the Cards need to go to the bench for a start, would Lindley jump to the head of the line? He’s at least started in this league, and it’s hard to see Thomas being ready for that yet.

— In a related note, Stanton’s pregnant wife gave birth to his daughter, so Stanton has had this week work out nicely — baby on the off day, practice as starter set for Wednesday.

Lindley1USE

Tags: , , ,

73 Responses to “Cardinals bring QB Lindley back”

1. By Dennis Millett on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Come on! It’s nice to have a guy that knows the system, but at this point in the season and the looming possibilities of the playoffs, lets acquire a real quarterback! One who can lead the team to wins should Drew go down. Considering what has already been invested, it is a small price to pay!

2. By Darren Urban on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Dennis —

RE: “real quarterback”

The Cardinals inquired about Peyton, but unfortunately, he was busy.

3. By Chuck Harris on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

A real QB…. like who???? if you haven’t noticed all of the real quarterbacks are already on somebody else’s roster

4. By krehbieo14 on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

I believe that Lindley has more upside than Thomas at this point in their career. God forbid, if Stanton went down, I would give the nod to Lindley although I’m not sure that’s the plan. Hopefully it’s a non-issue!

5. By georgiebird on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Good article, Darren. You covered the thought process in bringing RL back. Solid move by SK.
    Lindley will be the #2- he’s a better game manager. LT still has the higher ceiling.

This move shows all the intricasies in building a roster. Sometimes a better guy is cut. So much to do with timing, teams record, strength of position and probably another couple of hundred variables.
    What an opportunity for RL- but I hope it never comes.

6. By D on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Congrats to Mrs and Mr. Stanton.

7. By georgiebird on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

a little coincidence but Lindley started and won against the Lions in 2012 at home. Not a great day 14-21 for 104yds TD-0; Int-1
    But he won the game!!
    where’s Beanie- he had 3 TDs that day.

8. By dennis on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

No way should/could Thomas start. He is a true work in progress and gives us no shot to win a game. Lindley, while not that good either is still better than Thomas

9. By Scott H on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Makes sense. I feel better about Lindley overall than I do about Dixon. Whether we go to Lindley or Thomas if something happens to Stanton is up to the coaches ( obviously ) but….really, I don’t know it it would matter at that point. Hate to sound negative but I just don’t see Lindley or Thomas being able to lead the team into places like Seattle or San Fran.

That Stanton has already left a game this year with a concussion is not helping my sleep these days. And it’s not even a matter of the O-line playing better, not allowing sacks, or whatever. Football is football, period. There’s gonna be contact and bad things happen even when there isn’t. Heck, look at the play where Palmer was hurt. He just went to move to avoid contact, planted, and….game over. It didn’t even look like anything happened to him until he just buckled and went down. Looked like the play that finished Victor Cruz for the season. That play didn’t really look remarkable in any way, either, but….anyone who was around him when he went down said the screaming was un-godly.

We just have to hope Stanton can hang in there for as long as this season is gonna go. And it looks like that is going to include a playoff run for the Cardinals. I think with Stanton, the team can do whatever it was probably gonna do with Palmer here. Without Stanton….I would find it hard to have much hope.

And with the season we are having, it would REALLY suck to lose hope.

10. By superbowlcards on Nov 12, 2014 | Reply

Stanton has to keep Fitz engaged, keep feeding him the ball, CP went to Fitz early and often, setting the tone, and setting up wins!
    The Oline (interior spots) have got to wake up and make drastic changes show improvement! We need our running game now, more than ever! Our running game is one of our big weaknesses, with CP gone we need a workhorse runner, other than Ellington, teams will key on Ellington even more now, he is not a workhorse type, last thing the Cardinals need is for AE to go down to an injury!!

11. By Dobie on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

I always though Lindley had potential just never had a good offensive Line and now the cards do

12. By Joseph on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Congratulations to Mrs Stanton and Drew! Thanks for that update Darren.

And Congrats to Ryan Lindley too.

13. By Erik on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

I understand the move I guess. I would never understand if he leapfrogged Thomas if it ever came to that. I know he was thrown to the wolves that rookie season, but he was terrible. Lindley has been in the league for 3 years and Thomas already has more career touchdown passes. Just saying.

14. By Amir on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Re: “Inquiry about Peyton”

LOL!!!

The move makes sense.

15. By 'ZonaFan on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Hey Darren, does it “make all the sense in the world” that we bring Lindley back? I see you emphasized that point🙂 Good for Ryan “Old Scattershot” Lindley. Hopefully we never have to see this guy in a game… “Next Man Up” works until you get to this point on the depth chart.

16. By SteveG on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Just Peyton? So absolutely NO effort to get Brady? Or Rodgers? and that dude Brees?

Keim is resting on his laurels…..

SMDH

17. By Mike Levoy on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

omg this guy will just not go away. I was so happy when they released him. Anyone, anyyyyyyone but this guy. They just cursed themselves even having him on the sideline.

18. By rod on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

I agree with you, they just cursed us bringing this guy back.

But…maybe he will cancel out the current curse that is on this team…hmmmmm…

Keim may be making other-worldly moves!

19. By Chuck Harris on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

oh my god I didn’t know that Ryan Lindley had magical powers to curse an entire team

20. By Mike Levoy on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Dennis Millett
    They had a chance at Peyton but all the people on this board including Darren were saying no it’s unknown whether he will be what he was before the injury and we already have Kevin Kolb. You see where that went. How ironic that Darren is bringing him up.

21. By Darren Urban on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Mike —

RE: Manning/Arizona

Show me where I said that.

22. By Chuck Harris on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Peyton Manning took one look at the Cards offensive line that year and decided he’d like to walk as an old man and recall his playing days.

Sad but Kolb is still having concussion related issues.

23. By Dynosoar on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

NJAzCardsFan,

“The Cards IR team is better than most team’s starters…….”

That was awesome and probably true.

CreditCard,

“One thing Mr. Palmer can do during this season is take time in mentoring Mr. Thomas… one on one mentoring will pay huge dividends.”

That’s brilliant. He can mentor Lindley as well.

24. By Dave the Proud Season Ticketholder on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

I must say the team has played far beyond what I thought their record would be to this point. With that I am so proud of all parts of the team and organization. However, if/should Logan Thomas ever play again this season – we all know its tragically over. I have hated the pick of Thomas since it was it made, and truly hate the fact he could actually get his number called this season to play. That would truly be the worst way to see this team which overcame so much, to lose and suffer with this guy at QB.

Darren- One thought: if we put Lindley, L. Thomas, D. Anderson, J Skelton, all on the practice field at the same time: with no number or names on their jerseys – could you really tell, which crappy QB was who from the others ?

25. By rod on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

It would probably be easy to point out Thomas.

26. By Dynosoar on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Scott H.

“Easier said than done… Wilson is a HELLUVA good QB but he is less effective when you force him to beat you with his arm.”

Yes. Yes he is.

And it will be difficult, but I believe we can agree that Every week this year we have been told we were going to lose as the game was a tough battle. Every week. Even against the Raiders I read, “The Raiders are improving and at home will give the Cardinals a tough game and may be their second loss.”

I’m a little tired of hearing “I just need to see more.” If the last 11 minutes of the Rams game didn’t show more, I don’t know what will.

This game with its matchups of Peterson/Cromartie and Megatron/Tate is going to be Awesome! This game is the test. If (and I know we can), but IF we win this one and do it with a little cushion there isn’t a team left all the way to the Super Bowl that could beat us. We’ll be too confident and momentum will be all ours.

This I believe.

27. By ryan on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Best wishes getting back Carson. We could use you next year with this team to get back to where we are now!

Congrats to Drew and wife with their new baby! Have you heard a name yet? And another congrats to Drew for being the starting #1 QB for the BEST team in the nfl right now. All you have to do is come in and do what you did earlier in the year, get to the playoffs, and win the superbowl in your house! What an amazing opportunity for you. Kick ass Stanton!

Lets go on a safari and bag some lions!!
    GO CARDS!!

28. By Rick on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

All I gotta say is we better protect Stanton not looking good if we lose him. Go cards !!!

29. By Dynosoar on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

I always like Ryan Lindley. Maybe it was Darren’s first articles about him after he was drafted, the memory that he set a school record for I believe completion percentage. I can understand the thought process behind Dixon over Lindley earlier this season and why Lindley over Dixon now.

I also think that Lindley was one of the QBs throwing to Fitz in the commercial with Fitz catching nothing but one handed catches while ordering a signed Fitzgerald jersey for three QBs. Fitz can already catch the ball from Lindley.

30. By edwin on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

This makes perfect sense. Guys remember ryan was a rookie when is number was called to play and a with a offensive line that needed work and couldn’t protect the QB that’s kinda the reason we fell to ryan our 3 QB and I’d I remember right I’m pretty sure we used a 4th QB.. things are different this time we have a good offensive line who are still improving and RB that is doing good! Stanton will do good period…

Congratulations Stanton what a blessing.

Good article Darren

31. By Dynosoar on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

This team is not a camel to break and even if it a piece of straw could cause us to break, the way they played that last 11 minutes against the Rams, we aren’t anywhere near that piece of straw

If we had laid down like we did in Denver after losing Stanton and Campbell I’d feel differently. We didn’t, our entire team stepped up and look what we did.

We Put That Game Away!

I believe in this team and that’s everyone on it. Will it be a little more difficult, yes, but that’s what separates Super Bowl teams from the rest, when the going gets tough, they get tougher. And the last 11 minutes against the Rams is the most complete game I’ve seen yet and we shut them down. That was a different team than before Palmer went down. This team just improved overnight and we watched it. They aren’t going to mess around anymore.

This I believe.

This may not have been Saint Crispin’s Day, but like Henry V stated –

This Team Is a Band of Brothers.

32. By Dynosoar on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

PS. Thanks to all those who caught my reference to BA not knowing players names. I was hoping someone would.

So Darren, does that mean Peyton turned down our team twice. Too bad for him, it was his chance to earn that second ring he’s been craving. Now Lindley will get it, which I think is really kind of cool.

33. By Sir60 on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

I think, if needed, Ryan could get the job done. The biggest difference from then to now is O-line and coaching. Huge difference.

I really like the “Cardinals film room”. Would love to see more.

34. By krehbieo14 on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Someone help me understand the reason for all the negative votes on this thread? It seems that most of the comments are reasonable with the exception of Mike’s response regarding Peyton Manning.

35. By georgiebird on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Two points on the TD pass to John Brown:
    1) Bobby Massie made a great recovery and ride out block against the Ram DE
    2) Stanton made a quick couple of steps up into the pocket to avoid the rush

Stanton’s instinct to quickly move up into the pocket is not something one sees from a 2nd rate QB.

36. By Dr. G. on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Hey PP, you lead the NFL in penalties with 10… Cromartie has 2… You may want to check with him and the coaches on your technique. When you lose your guy, you do stuff to catch up, and then whine about a call… do not want to hear about who you cover. Develop some consistency…starting with Detroit… No more streaky stuff… We will thank you.

37. By Jim Schu on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

RE: Manning/Arizona

LOL. Got to love someone putting words in your mouth.

38. By Dynosoar on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

If anyone doubts Stanton’s ability to lead this team, read his thought progression for John Brown’s amazing TD catch. I have heard several people who are not Cardinals fans state that’s one of the best TD catches they’ve ever seen. One of them is a Colts fans and they probably saw a few amazing catches.

Please read the article on the home page:
    “Cardinals Film Room: Downtown John Brown”

Maybe it’s because I don’t hear many QBs talk about what they saw on a play, but this gives confidence BA knows who he has in Stanton.

I’m so looking forward to this Lions game. This is going to show the world who we have. Are we the team we believe will sweep the West, or are we the team the pundits keep waiting for more from. I know what I believe, now I can only wait and see if my faith is founded.

Who else believes we can still sweep the West?

39. By louis on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Darren –
    I’ve been a Cardinals fan for 40 years. I regret some things I’ve said in the past. I love my Cardinals forever. We beat some really good playoff teams this year. I just don’t understand why we can’t we get the respect we should. They remind me of the 2000 Ravens who made it to the Super Bowl without the 1st string quarterback. Can we do the same thing with Stanton?

40. By Darren Urban on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Louis —

RE: Respect

Seriously? Ninety percent of the time when you post you rip the team and say they are horrible and are going to lose.

And then you say you “don’t understand why we can’t get the respect we should?”

Maybe you need to start by looking in the mirror.

41. By trip on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

why? how is he going to be any different than before…dennis dixon at least is familiar with arians offense

42. By Darren Urban on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Trip —

RE: Familiar

You know Lindley knows it better, right? Since he’s been here the last year or so?

43. By Scott H on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Dennis Millet –

RE: let’s acquire a real QB

Really? Hey, good idea! Geez, why didn’t we think of that sooner??? My God, why are we signing Ryan Lindley when there are so many “real” QB’s lying around, just waiting for a team to call??? Tell ya what – please post a list of all of these “real” QB’s IMMEDIATELY so we can get it to the Cardinals front office. I don’t know what those people are thinking , but…they clearly should have consulted you first.

Let me tell ya something that most people who have a clue already know – when you need a QB in Week 10 of the NFL regular season, Ryan Lindley is pretty much what you get. Such as that is, at least we were able to get someone who is familiar with our offense from being here as recently as the pre-season.

44. By Peterincanada on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

When Manning became available after the 2011 season we had just finished 8 and 8 after a horrendous start. Most of those games were won with Skelton at qb as Kolb was injured most of the season. In fact when we broke camp in 2012 Skelton was the number 1 qb. The reference to Kolb would obviously never have been made. Also Manning was an AFC guy through and through. He never really considered Arizona as a serious option. Also with the line we had in 2012 his career would have ended that season.

45. By Scott H on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Darren –

Regarding the post you just responded to…..don’t even bother, man. You don’t need to entertain that kind of foolishness. Yet another genius who knew everything at one point and shows up 2-3 years later to tell us all about it.

What has Peyton Manning have to do with ANYTHING remotely related to the Cardinals right now???? That is just so……cosmically irrelevant that I don’t even know how ( or why! ) to respond.

We got bigger fish to fry right now.

46. By Bruce on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

I was thinking Lindley myself. Logan is the #2, but really the #3. When push comes to shove we will put Lindley in over Logan. The ceiling is higher with Logan, but Lindley is better right now. Hopefully we don’t have to see that (knock on wood).

If coach says we can when a championship with Stanton, then I’m in. Why not? The Ravens won one with Flacco. Flacco sucks. Just saying. The Lewis’ won that superbowl. Not Flacco.

47. By Bruce on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Darren-

Pardon some of these Trolls. We are still trying to build a football culture in this town. It’s just starting to catch on. I still see way to many Steelers stickers on cars. So we’re not quite there yet. I found out that there’s a packers bar, and a niners bar here in the valley. Really? Do you think that would fly in Pittsburgh? Or Philly? We’re working on it. Bringing home a title will sure help fill up the band wagon though.

48. By clssylssy on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

It’s pretty obvious that some posters haven’t really followed the team that closely and don’t know Ryan Lindley was a part of this team up until we signed Logan Thomas and is familiar with our system, BA’s offense, the players and has stayed in touch with many of our players while in San Diego. He even attended Larry’s camp this summer, so to judge him based upon his rookie season when he was thrown into the fire, is not accurate.. Logan Thomas is a work in progress who has potential but hasn’t had the real time NFL experience Lindley has had; it would be the same thing all over again and might stall his career like Lindley’s or Skelton’s who actually won some games in an impossible climate (not exactly our finest hour as fans either).
    The Cards aren’t the Broncos and BA is the play caller (not the QB) so as long as we have a guy who has a chemistry with the offense, can make reads and execute efficiently, we have enough supporting talent to get the job done. Now is not the time for the Birdgang to fly the coup,but instead we need to continue to support the decisions being made by our coaches (BA surely had an opinion on this subject).
    We’ve beaten the Lions before with less going for us so we can do it again this week as long as we BELIEVE!

49. By Itsallinthecards on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

It cracks me up that everyone is down on Lindley. Look how long it took for Carson Palmer to learn the system last year. Do you really think we’d be better off this late in the season with a street free agent over someone who at least knows how to call the play correctly. The only other option was possibly Dennis Dixon but he hasn’t been in Arians offense for years except a couple weeks this season.

Face it, if something happens to Stanton then most likely our magical season is going up in flames anyway.

I think it’s important to remember as well that players do actually have the ability to improve from year to year. That applies to Stanton, Lindley, and Logan Thomas. Peyton holds the league record for throwing 28 interceptions his rookie year and had a 56.7% completion percentage.

Hopefully all of these guys will continue to improve with time and experience.

50. By John The Draft Guy on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

I say if stanton goes down, it is time to run the wishbone. Of course half our RBs are down also.

But on a serious note, I would take Lindley over Thomas, so I like the signing.
    Bottom line, if Stanton goes down, our defense will have to start pitching shutouts.

Hey, what about Farve ?

Sorry, I went to far.

51. By Scott H on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

JTDG –

Nice! Made me smile! Ya know….the biggest reason I would hope that Favre would never come out of retirement? Because John Madden would probably follow him out of his own retirement and then we’d be listening to 3 hrs every week of Madden embarrassing himself with his completely irrational love for Brett Favre. I swear, I don’t think Madden called a game over the last 2-3 years of his career that didn’t involve either the Packers or the Cowboys. Maybe those were the only two rosters he knew the players for ( well, MOST of them, anyway…)

52. By Scott H on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

JTDG –

Favre was ALMOST too far McNabb would have DEFINITELY been too far! Or Derek Anderson. Or Leinart.

53. By Peterincanada on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Or how about Warner making a comeback. We can rally behind him and play good football.

54. By Richard S on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Good choice. When he got his first start as a rookie, he wasn’t ready. In this pre-season, if my recollection is correct, I believe he drove the Cards down the field to the endzone for a TD. I’m glad he’s back. He’s got years under his belt and should be able to handle the job if called upon.

55. By Richard S on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

After looking at the schedules of the playoff competitive teams, Az will win the division with 3 losses after narrow wins of Detroit and KC and one win over Seattle, SF will get one of the wildcards losing only one game to Seattle and Seattle which has an horrendous schedule ahead will end up with a 9-7 record. The other wild card team will be Detroit as I see Green Bay edging them out. New Orleans wins the NFC South. Philly ties the Cards with only 3 losses on the season, but since the Cards beats Philly the Cards get home field advantage. Dallas will lose twice to Philly and once to Indy and be out of it.

56. By TucsonTim on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

How about a shout out for Kristin not interrupting the practice week. LOL

I vote for the Cardinals gifting them a caterer, a diaper service and Beats for Drew. Get some rest!

Congrats to the Stantons…a week they will certainly never forget.

57. By much.faster on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

@richard s, lions at home, if the corners play like the last quarter against the rams, falcons on the road and one of the three games against the hawks, chiefs and rams. and then we could have 7 teams in the nfc with a 11-5 record, and the saints. don`t ask me for the tiebraker in this scenario, but it could be a headache.

if they make two points against the hawks, chiefs and rams, a playoff berth is safe, maybe even the first seed and homefield advantage.

but the most important game is the next one against the lions, if we win this one, the momentum will be a big help.

58. By Coach K on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Dennis, who were you expecting. Brett Favre?

Signing Lindley is another fantastic move I called for yesterday. Keim is bringing back a guy that knows B.A.’s system and is clearly better than 12 step drop Thomas who likes to drop deep directly into the defensive end pass rush lanes, and then stands there thinking he’s in the pocket. At least with Lindley, you have a guy with some mental clarity to understand the depth of a 5 and 7 step drop, and how to climb the pocket when he feels pressure.

This is a GREAT MOVE signing Lindley. SMART!

59. By Dr. G. on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Louis – – Not buying your artificial contrition… someone got your computer and sent that post for you. We await the next spewing diatribe. Prove me wrong, please.

60. By AZ Transplant on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

When Carson Palmer went down, the TEAM ROSE UP! The level of determination in both the offense and defense was palpable even over the airwaves. If they keep that level of intensity, Stanton will be fine. (And besides, we have that whole group of nuns praying for the Cards!)

I’m curious to see how the Lions deal with Stanton as the starting QB, since he is not as well known as Carson Palmer. Could this give the Cards a slight advantage because there isn’t as much film on him in actual games?

Can’t wait to see what happens Sunday!

61. By red bird of death! on Nov 12, 2014 | Reply

Yeah seriously Thomas maybe could see some starts next year but it’s obvious how the coaches feel when you hear their comments, it really is some year for us as fans watching all this drama keep playing out with the guys coming and going. Not to mention the fact that the NFL really thinks we are a joke, Cmon people we rank 2cnd to New England? And we have the better record? Im glad we beat those jerks in Foxboro a few years back with Kolb none the less. Hahahahahaha keep winning CARDS!!!!!!!!

62. By AZDude on Nov 12, 2014 | Reply

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Stanton.

63. By Big Ken on Nov 12, 2014 | Reply

@ Georgie RE:Two points on Exciting, Stanton looked ready to take the reins. The two point step up looked like a new move for him. What a result.

64. By M Rogers on Nov 12, 2014 | Reply

Bad sign. Hope he has improved. Last time he was not ready for nfl.

65. By clssylssy on Nov 12, 2014 | Reply

According to Twitter Arians says that Logan Thomas is the backup for now. Can you clarify that for us Darren?

66. By Darren Urban on Nov 12, 2014 | Reply

Clssy —

RE: Logan backup

Sure, since I tweeted it out.

He just said Thomas is the backup but he will see how Lindley does. Depth chart could change down the line.

67. By John The Draft Guy on Nov 12, 2014 | Reply

All you who give me thumbs down and make excuses for Cooper;

BA answering questions from the press;

What about cooper playing?

Arians on Cooper: Best players are on the field. He’s not one of the best players right now.

OK folks, I have said this all along and got thumbs down. People say things like I think I know more than Keim and the coaches, along with other comments.

Now that you hear it from BA, will you believe me when I say he is not that good?

Two years, 14.5 million guaranteed and one play from scrimmage.
    Meanwhile, the guy I would have picked and made it very clear,
    Vaccaro has 25 starts, 125 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 picks, and 11 pass defensed and 1 forced fumble.

Whoops.

68. By jme on Nov 12, 2014 | Reply

Stanton is going to Rise UP!!! Drew is the real deal and anyone (nfl media) whos says other wise please continue so the nation can see you eat your own words. Cardinals time and time again proove not to underestimate any player on the TEAM because they are infact that a TEAM, not a super star or two and the rest just supporting actors like most of the teams everybody says are tops and playoff bound. I dont predict, i know and i know Drew is going to be incrediable!!!

69. By Tracy Osborne on Nov 12, 2014 | Reply

Tim Tebow is available as a back up, can take a hit, has a playoff win, can run a little bit, and has played in a couple of good systems. Not a long term choice but as a 2nd stringer or 3rd option this late in the year couldnt do too much worse.

70. By azdesertrat1953 on Nov 12, 2014 | Reply

Ryan Lindly is as happy as a clam at high tide, he is back in the hands of one of the Best QB coaches in the NFL and if BA wanted him back then there is something there, in Lindly, BA Likes.

Lets Go!!

GO CARDS!!!

71. By trip on Nov 12, 2014 | Reply

darren, yes i do…obviously i need sleep! after i wrote it, i realized how wrong i was about lindley and the experience he had with the cards offense…sorry about that…however, i still stand by my opinion regarding his abilities and his decision making…i think we are better off looking for someone else…at the same time, we are where we are and if anyone can make him look good…it is BA

72. By Scott H on Nov 12, 2014 | Reply

Tracy –

Please tell me you didn’t just suggest Tim Tebow….

I swear, doesn’t it dawn on people that when a QB has been out of the league / not played at all for the past 2 seasons, there must be a reason WHY????? ESPECIALLY a QB, considering how bad some teams are at that position right now. Don’t ya think Tebow would at least be on a roster or EVEN A PRACTICE SQUAD right now if ANYONE thought he had ANYTHING to offer??? He would be. And he isn’t. That really is all you need to know.

I’m adding him to the McNabb-Derek Anderson-Matt Leinart list.

73. By Darrell on Feb 3, 2016 | Reply

I think the Cards should look for a running QB like Colin Kaepernick,, it makes for a perfect addition. And he would be great.