John Brown makes the cover of Sports Illustrated

Posted by since1898 on November 11, 2014 – 9:36 am

BACK TO #since1898

Tags: , , , , ,
Posted in Since1898 | 10 Comments »

10 Responses to “John Brown makes the cover of Sports Illustrated”

1. By John The Draft Guy on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Wow !!

Can you remember the last time a card player made the cover? I would guess our super bowl run but I can’t remember.

2. By Denver on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Kudos to Steve Keim and Bruce Arians for seeing the potential in this kid. Easily the front runner for NFL Rookie of the Year. No way the Cards are 8-1 without John Brown being in the lineup.

3. By Denver on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

The link below shows all the Sport Illustrated covers that have featured Arizona Cardinals. Fitz, back on 8/1/11, was the last Cardinal to make a cover.

4. By jeffy1951 on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Great to see “Smokey” and the Cards getting some national recognition of their specialness ….. next man up – Drew Stanton!

5. By Scott H on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

WOW, HOW AWESOME IS THIS????? I commend SI for giving this team the recognition it so truly deserves. Maybe a little over-due at this point, but…I’ll take it. With the rest of the world so perpetually focused on the SAME stories / players / coaches every week, it is about friggin’ time Bruce Arians and the Cardinals started getting the recognition they have EARNED. Hell, they only have the best record in the damn league, ya know?

GREAT JOB, SI. NO ONE was more deserving of your cover this week than the Arizona Cardinals. And Smokey was probably the most fitting player to represent this season right now ( although Fitz or Peterson OR Arians would have also been great choices as well ). I will own a few copies of this issue before the day is over! Gonna do some reading tonight!

Here’s hoping this will not be the last time the Cardinals take the cover of SI this season!

This is SO DAMN COOL!!!!!!

6. By jme on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

COULDT SAY IT BETTER! NEXT MAN U. Lets go Drew Stanton, full speed forward!!! We all have 100% confidence in you!!!

7. By georgiebird on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Sports Illustrated cover ?? OUCH

8. By SteveG on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

EARNED!

9. By Dr. G. on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

Smoke.. Congrats! Now don’t you have to take your coaches to dinner?

Also, your assignment, should you accept it, is to teach PP about the art of humility – – caught your interviews…nice… ya know, ya know, ya know, ya know, I mean, ya know, ya know… cute… ya know…

10. By italycardfan on Nov 11, 2014 | Reply

My compliments and congratulations, John!
    I am sure that from heaven, your brother will be proud of you and your work, as I am, and all the fans.
    This is an important document that will remain forever in history.
    A document that will remain forever in the history of your life, and I will hope it is full of successes.
    Greetings from Italy.