Red-on-red returns for Lions game

Posted by Darren Urban on November 13, 2014 – 7:49 am

The Cardinals are going to red-and-red this weekend against the Lions.

For the first time this season, the uniform combo will be red uniform, red pants, which I’m sure will thrill some of you out there. Last year, the Cardinals were red-on-red for their final three home games of the season, going 2-1. Maybe with the second part of this season beginning Sunday — the Drew Stanton chapter — it’s fitting the Cards go with a different look. Plus, Christmas is coming too, so red. Right?

— Heads up: The latest edition of the Cardinals Underground podcast is up. Click here.

RedRedUSE

Tags:

27 Responses to “Red-on-red returns for Lions game”

1. By red bird of death! on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

Redhouse……….

2. By 'ZonaFan on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

Frickin’ Sweet!!! Long live the red on red!!! Go CARDINALS!!!!🙂

3. By Big Hoss on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

Darren proclaims he is a non-believer in jinx’s but he has some fixation with what color pants they are going to wear. Unreal.

4. By Darren Urban on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

Big Hoss —

RE: Colors

Not me, “Big Hoss.”

5. By Dynosoar on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

I’d like to see the red pants whenever we wear our white jerseys AND at least once when we wear the black jerseys.

I’d like to always see white pants when we wear are red uniforms.

It’s not up to me, but those are my preferences. I’m not a fan of the red on red, but that’s what makes Oregon so fun to watch, they have so many combinations there’s something for everyone.

This is good. I’d love to see the red pants with white tops, like the old days.

6. By clssylssy on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

Blood red…I like it! It feels aggressive and sends a message that we’re ready to defend our home and nothing has changed in our resolve to continue our march toward victory here in February!
    Stafford hasn’t done well in handling the blitz which is something we showed in Dallas that we could deliver, and last week we even picked up a few sacks, which we hadn’t seen as much of without Abraham and Dockett. Once the QB starts getting sacked it disrupts their rhythm and seems to all be downhill from there, as they start missing passes and voila!…turnovers! Detroit is suppose to have the No.! defense on paper but do they really? After last week, I would bet they even have some serious worries going up against a defense that do what the Cards defense has done in our last couple games. Can’t underestimate the talent they have but BA knows Drew’s strengths and will be playing to them, we have better receivers and Coach Boyles has probably been licking his chops at this challenge…if our line can holdup and protect Stanton, we can win this test.Gonna have to play them fast, physical,unrelenting and smart.
    Birdgang needs to let our guys know we’ve got their back and will bring the noise!
    Red is considered an angry and aggressive color and the red on red says we’re not trying to candy coat our message with any kind of polite subtleties. Now we just have to back up the message with our play! TIME TO MAKE SOME BELIEVERS!

7. By Andy Kw on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

Red on Red, love the uniform. I’ve been waiting and it has arrived

8. By jme on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

Lets Go BIG Red!! Even at home, majority of the media is picking Lions to win, come on!!! This here is a statement game, a statement to NEXT MAN UP to show them all Drew and the TEAM are the real deal!!! This game will be hardest yet but i know Cardinals are ready and prepared, Lets put a BIG W up!!

9. By kauaicardsfan on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

Always a big fan of the podcast !!! Much Mahalo’s !!!

10. By Tyrelle on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

I love this uniform

11. By Dynosoar on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

clssylssy,

I may not like the look of this uniform, but your reasoning makes me like it anyway.

“Red is considered an angry and aggressive color and the red on red says we’re not trying to candy coat our message with any kind of polite subtleties. Now we just have to back up the message with our play!”

Well said! Now think of a black jersey with those red pants – also an aggressive combination.

12. By jwoodaz on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

thanks again for all you and your team every week Mr. Urban

13. By blaxabbath on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

Darren-

How many pant options does the NFL uniform policy allow? A lot of fans are here are calling for black tops with red pants but the red pants have the white stripe which would look goofy. Or is it a full uniform rule that the black jersey must be worn with the white pants with the black stripe?

14. By Darren Urban on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

blax —

RE: Pants options

I do not know on that one.

15. By joe67 on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

Red on Red??? OMG NOOOOO!!! Ugliest in NFL

16. By joe67 on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

But as long as we win it looks better. But when we wear this and lose….double whammy.

17. By Scott H on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

Hey, isn’t that Michael Floyd??? Ah, those were the days, huh? I hear he used to be pretty good before he retired after Week 7….

End of sarcasm.

Red on red uniforms….Ah, now THAT’S what I’m talkin’ about! We always play nasty in these uniforms. This was a great week to break them out!

Other things that are potentially great right now – both the Seahawks and Niners are playing games this weekend that they could easily lose. Chiefs are ALWAYS tough at home and they have started to roll a bit lately. They are thinking playoffs and that crowd will be rockin.’ They probably SHOULD win this one. Niners have to go all the way to the east coast, where the weather is suppoed to be REAL cold on Sunday. The Giants are sitting on a mountain of frustration and you KNOW they would love to turn it loose on somebody. Well, why not the Niners and why not now? The Giants are DUE to lay it on somebody and the Niners could be due for a letdown after going all out to beat the Saints last Sunday. If it’s cold enough and the Giants show up and start laying some hits…maybe the Niners fold.

BOTH games could very well go our way.

Also, good to hear that both the Niners ( Patrick Willis ) AND Seahawks ( Brandon Mebane ) have lost some of THEIR key players for the season. Maybe if they each lost 4 or 5 more, they would start to get close to what the Cardinals have had to overcome this season. Maybe.

18. By Scott H on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

jme –

Hey, the Eagles were picked by many to win here….the Cowboys were picked by many to beat us there….and now most are picking the Lions to win here on Sunday. Know what I say? I say we got the Lions right where we want them!

19. By Cardsfan1955 on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

The RED on RED is fine with me, as long as we “SEE RED” as well. Many of the so-called experts believe we will lose this one…I am no expert, but I say…NO WAY! Todd Bowles has something EXTRA-NASTY in mind for the Lions…of that I have no doubt! And I have TOTAL FAITH in Stanton, just as I did for Palmer. GO BIG RED! LET’S LAY SOME DROPPINGS ON THE LIONS!!!

20. By Lloyd on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

Ugh. Never been a fan of this combination. Fortunately, uniform color doesn’t determine outcome.

21. By Dr. G. on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

I’m thinking red & white spiral candy stripes like a barber pole to blur their vision.

Do not let JTDG in on this one…! He had some marble bag uniform the last time.

jme… The hardest game was the Chargers…nearly a bad start. Be well Cards Fans

Megatron…Schmegatron!

22. By KC on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

Any chance for throwbacks this year? maybe the old school white on white?

23. By CreditCard on Nov 13, 2014 | Reply

Still going with the white helmets, with that bird portrait on each side. Please don’t change that!!!

24. By ryan on Nov 14, 2014 | Reply

I think the black jerseys are awesome. But i think it would look terrible with red pants. Too bad they couldnt get some black pants with the cardinal red stripe. After all, we are the CARDINALS, we have to have red in the mix.

regardless of color, lets tame the lions.

CARDS 34
    lions 17

GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!

25. By jerrytown on Nov 14, 2014 | Reply

Our red on red is among the cleanest looking uni’s in the NFL. Stoked that they’re busting them out for a big game.

26. By Matt France on Nov 15, 2014 | Reply

I’m never seem the Arizona cardinals team wearing the Red on Red uniform in there too because I’m trying going to games long time in there too Also please let Cardinals team please promises me that wearing them when I’m be at game in there too because I’m never seem them long time in there too.

27. By Chuck 1 on Nov 15, 2014 | Reply