All three QBs active for Cards

Posted by Darren Urban on November 16, 2014 – 12:54 pm

The first game of the post-Carson Palmer part of the season will feature three active quarterbacks. Drew Stanton starts, with Logan Thomas No. 2 and Ryan Lindley No. 3. It makes a lot of sense. While Thomas will go in if something happens to Stanton, Lindley provides a little bit of a safety net with a player who at least has starting experience.

Alameda Ta’amu is also active, since DT Ed Stinson is sitting with his toe injury.

The full inactive list:

— RB Kerwynn Williams

— LB Desmond Bishop

— LB Glenn Carson

— DT Ed Stinson (toe)

— DE Josh Mauro

— G Earl Watford

— TE Darren Fells

The Lions are without starting running back Reggie Bush and starting tight end Brandon Pettigrew today.

Tags: , ,

16 Responses to “All three QBs active for Cards”

1. By Dr. G. on Nov 16, 2014 | Reply

After much unintended thought on this game, ((trying not to worry)) I come to conclude that If Peterson tries too hard, CalvinJ will school him…no damn penalties PP..!

The other thing is my hope that Arians comes to really, really, realize that he has one of the top receiving corps in the league…And uses them… As I have played on the harp before, he cannot ride Ellington like a pack mule trying to generate the majority of the offense. We have scary weapons…go CARDINALS…!!!

2. By Dynosoar on Nov 16, 2014 | Reply

With the Broncos loss to the Rams, we win and we have a two game lead on the entire league.

3. By Dynosoar on Nov 16, 2014 | Reply

As to being a stats guy, I have seen a lot of commentary about the stats for the Lions, how they lead in almost every significant category. The two they don’t mention that we do lead in, takeaways and 8-1 vs. 7-2. Huh! Interesting.

The only stat that matters after the game and season is over, the win column and they say they have the edge because they lead in most all other stats.

Our opponents have won 56% of their games. Our opponents are 40 – 42.

The Lions opponents have won 49% of their games. The Lions opponents are 36 – 48 – 1

Does this mean we win, No. It sure does help though.

4. By Dynosoar on Nov 16, 2014 | Reply

Lee, JTGD,

I’m a stats guy, I work in research, but I can tell you that while stats are important data, unless we look at other variables they can be misleading (doesn’t mean they are misleading, but they can lead us to the wrong conclusions.)

My take. 75% of QBs with >60% passing completion will take their teams to the playoffs. I have yet to see a QB take their team there with under 50%. It may have happened, I haven’t looked deeply enough to know.

The Key To This Completion Percentage for Drew –

He was the backup when he was getting those percentages. This means as the starter he will get more reps in practice and be able to develop the chemistry So Very Important for an NFL QB and receiving corps.

With practice reps as the starter, I feel confident he Should be at 60% or more by the time the playoffs arrive in Phoenix.

(This game has huge playoff implications. I don’t understand why my local station won’t play it, but I can’t change that. It was cool to hear BA state the same thing. See, my minds not as whacked out as one may think.)

5. By Dynosoar on Nov 16, 2014 | Reply

After the last couple weeks, who’s still worried about our two games against Seattle. They should have kept Golden Tate.

6. By Dynosoar on Nov 16, 2014 | Reply

I had a thought (surprise). Floyd disappeared after Palmer came back, but was very much a part when Stanton played. Stanton has been getting practice reps with the 2nd & 3rd string while Palmer’s been getting reps with teh 1st & 2nd string.

With Stanton now getting reps with the 1st string, he’ll have better chemistry with everyone. I just saw a catch by Niklas and a TD by Floyd and a 49 yard play by Hughes.

This team wentt o a different level of play after Palmer went down and can never go back. We’ll dominate the rest of this season. They found something in them they only believed before, now they know what they can do. Welcome to our first perfect game (but not our last.)

The Lombardi trophy or nothing at all!

7. By CreditCard on Nov 16, 2014 | Reply

Dinosaur,

I felt before the Bradford injury, that the Rams might be the surprise team in the NFL. They have a very formable front 7 on defense. I’m really not surprised with that outcome and score. It goes to show you on how tough the NFL really is, especially the NFC West.

8. By CreditCard on Nov 16, 2014 | Reply

I wonder on how many tackles long snapper Mike Leach makes during a season. Amazing play for a long snapper.

9. By clssylssy on Nov 16, 2014 | Reply

Is there something wrong with the grass on the field? Last week a commentator remarked that Palmer was injured when his cleat got stuck in the grass. Today, it seems like nobody can get traction and there is a lot of falling down…it appears wet?

10. By CreditCard on Nov 16, 2014 | Reply

The offense is starting to look predictable

11. By louis on Nov 16, 2014 | Reply

we will not the playoffs this year. sorry.

12. By CreditCard on Nov 16, 2014 | Reply

Detroit definitely has the momentum … yikes

13. By Dynosoar on Nov 16, 2014 | Reply

65% completion for Stanton. A whole lot better than 50%. A defensive low scoring game for sure. We are now two games ahead of anyone inthe NFL with tie breaks over anyone that would challenge for home field advantage in the playoffs, as long as we continue to win those games we should win.

Sweep the West and nothing can stop us and watching SF and SEA these last few weeks, I’m more and more confident this is doable. (Although, the Rams today made a statement against Denver and we’ll be in their house. That should be a good game.

14. By Scott H on Nov 16, 2014 | Reply

3 kneel downs and this one is over. WOW!!!!

Thanks, fellas. You sure make us glad and damn proud to be Cardinals fans!

Thanks, Drew Stanton, for being good enough today. We believe!!! Give the game ball to your son ( or is it daughter??? ).

Thanks, Chiefs, for taking care of Seattle. That’s BIG!

And Giants? Thanks for NOTHING! First and goal from the friggin 4-yard line, trailing by 6, and you turn it over. Again. God, no wonder you suck as bad as you do. You deserve every bit of your own misery.

15. By CreditCard on Nov 16, 2014 | Reply

Gutsy call, great catch, generous spot on a 3rd and 11. We’ll take it.

Cards are finding different ways to win. Glad the game was in Glendale vs. Pontiac. Defense was outstanding.

16. By Scott H on Nov 17, 2014 | Reply

I got 2 thumbs downs’ for THAT post???? For WHAT????

Man, I don’t know what it is people hear sometimes….