Niklas goes to IR; Vet Mulligan signed

Posted by Darren Urban on November 18, 2014 – 1:14 pm

Bruce Arians’ hope that rookie tight end Troy Niklas’ badly sprained ankle wouldn’t be season-ending was short-lived. The Cardinals put Niklas on injured reserve Tuesday, ending his first campaign. In his place, the team signed veteran tight end Matthew Mulligan, who had played two games with Chicago earlier this year and has played for the Patriots, Rams and Jets. Mulligan has 16 career receptions in 67 games. At 6-foot-4 and 267 pounds, he figures to be a blocker first, as was Niklas.

It’s a rough way for Niklas’ rough rookie season to end. He missed most of the offseason work with a broken finger. He was still dealing with that during training camp, and the ankle sprain — which first occurred earlier this season — meant he missed more games that he played. He was just starting to find his role and now he’s done. The most memorable part of the season about Niklas for me was how teammate John Carlson described him: ““He looks like a 12-year-old boy who swallowed a grizzly bear.”

Troy Niklas

Tags: ,

51 Responses to “Niklas goes to IR; Vet Mulligan signed”

1. By kauaicardsfan on Nov 18, 2014 | Reply

Aloha Darren,
    Do you think we would go after Legarrette Blount now that he is a free agent? Or is his attitude might be the issue for us to pursue him?

2. By superbowlcards on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

To big of a cancer in the lockerroom.
    Now Tate on the other hand, in my book a perfect fit, proven veteran who can take some of the workload off of Ellington, like a Mendenhall, only better. Please SK, make the phone call to at least see if he is interested, please, oh please!

3. By Amir on Nov 18, 2014 | Reply

Ben Tate anyone??

4. By superbowlcards on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

Count me in, I pondered the Cardinals picking him up in free agency. Sign him and our depth problem at RB is solved, another piece to the Superbowl puzzle in place, 12-15 carries per game goes along way in keeping Ellington healthy, and fresh!

5. By John The Draft Guy on Nov 18, 2014 | Reply

Niklas had a disappointing year but did flash. I would not be surprised to see him rebound next year and have a good year.

I think of the first pick of the 3rd round last year, Travis Kelce, by the chiefs. He flashed a little bit and was lost for the year as a rookie. But then rebounded and is having a great year for the Chiefs. Kelce is one of the better TEs this year.

Of course, we don’t have to look far to see a guy who missed his rookie year due to injury only to flop in year two. Lets hope Niklas goes the route of Kelce instead of Cooper.

6. By erik on Nov 18, 2014 | Reply

Why the thumbs down for Blount? He may be crazy, but he is EXACTLY the type of RB needed to compliment Ellington. I am the self-proclaimed biggest Ellington fan out there, but I am concerned he won’t have a very long career if he continues with the workload he is getting. Would Blount be put on the waiver wire or is he a free agent? I doubt the Cardinals would get him if he is on waivers but my fingers are crossed!

7. By superbowlcards on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

Tate is the better RB of the two, plus doesnt smoke weed that I’am aware of, and doesnt quit on the team and leave the field early because another RB is having a career night and you dont get any carries! Tate is hands down the better choice!

8. By John The Draft Guy on Nov 18, 2014 | Reply

erik,

Why?

NFL Media’s Albert Breer texted a Steelers source on the reasoning behind Blount’s release. The reply: “Selfish behavior.” The source added that Blount had exhibited a pattern of behavior that came to a head on Monday.

Do we want to tamper with our team chemistry for a guy who might get 3-6 carries a game?

9. By Scott H on Nov 18, 2014 | Reply

Folks, the Browns released Ben Tate earlier today. PLEASE tell me the Cardinals are going to make an effort to get him here! He would be a tremendous complement to Ellington and would give Ellington an easier workload. Tate can play. And he’s not hurt. He was just the odd man out in a 3-headed monster in Cleveland when they decided to ride with their younger backs. Having West and Crowell there allowed them to release Tate and save some coin in the process. Their loss could be our gain. It would be GREAT to have him here for the rest of our season. He could be everything Dwyer was gonna be and more!

BTW, the Steelers also released LaGarret Blount and I would feel the same about him but I understand their were some circumstances that prompted his release….gotta look that up. But from what I saw him doing on the field when he got a chance to play, he would also be a nice addition to our RB corps.

Again, PLEASE tell me we can get ONE of these guys ( Tate preferred ) here!!!

10. By Dynosoar on Nov 18, 2014 | Reply

I have been reading everywhere and from a whole lot of commentators and fans that the NFC had better hope the Packers don’t get home field advantage in the playoffs. One commentator stated the packers are a better team on a neutral field.

The thing is, unless something catastrophic happens, the Packers won’t have home field advantage throughout the playoffs, it’s ours. And they won’t ever play us on a neutral field this season or on theirs, if we meet it’ll be in our house.

My other thought, we have played and beaten several teams that have fans stating, well we had a player injured and that’s why we lost (none more so than “we had Weeden”) Well we all know what we’ve done with all the injuries we’ve had, next man up and go win the game.

The game against the Broncos we lost several key players before we were out and I haven’t complained, the game actually gave me more confidence in our team that it takes not one or two beatdowns to stop us, but several and we will come back stronger.

The Lombardi trophy or noting at all!

We’ve got this and to ease the mind of the rest of the NFC, we’ll do our part to ensure you don’t have to travel to Lambeau Stadium this playoff season.

11. By Dynosoar on Nov 18, 2014 | Reply

I agree with John Carleson’s description of Niklas.

12. By kauaicardsfan on Nov 18, 2014 | Reply

JTDG,

I hear what your saying, my thinking was that maybe our coaching staff can “change” his attitude ?? They took a chance on Honey Badger? But Blount has had a lot of issues so if it messes with our team chemistry than I would say no to it too but Erik understood where I was coming from.

13. By erik on Nov 18, 2014 | Reply

I understand there were reasons not related to performance when it came to his release. There have, however, been many instances in the past where a change of scenery is just a player needed to get his mind right. I believe the Cardinals have enough high character and just all around nice guys that any player would find comfort in coming here. And I do realize this will most likely not happen but if it somehow did, I think he would warrant more than 3-6 carries a game. From what I understand, lately he has not been touching the ball at all in Pittsburgh and I could certainly understand a competitor being upset with that. I even said in my earlier post, he may be crazy, but it is still fun imagining what he would bring to the table for our run game. You can’t tell me it would be worse, let me put it that way.

14. By superbowlcards on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

We would get a proven veteran with multiple 1000 yard seasons if I’m not mistaken, and that was in Houston, sharing the ball, he is not a diva type, Blount doesnt like to share, and doesnt play well with others, plus he likes a “blount” (yes, a play on words) every now and then, which, to each his own, but it is illegal in the NFL, Tate is hands down the far better choice in my book.

15. By Andrew P. on Nov 18, 2014 | Reply

The Cardinals I believe are in desperate need of a big power back, a back that can compliment Ellington and help take some of the load of his shoulders. I love Ellington, don’t get me wrong, he’s an amazing player. But Ben Tate and Blount were released today and I think they would be excellent compliments to Ellington. I really think the front office should consider picking one of these guys up. I know Blount has a little bit of a behavioral issue but I think Ben Tate would be an awesome addition to the offense and really should help with our run game since it has struggled the past few games. We’re really going to need a consistent run game in this final stretch of games and throughout the playoffs and I think picking up one of these guys would significantly help. What do you think, Darren? Think one of these guys is gonna be brought in?

16. By Darren Urban on Nov 18, 2014 | Reply

Andrew P —

RE: Tate/Blount

I doubt it.

Tate will likely be claimed before the Cards have a chance at him. I wouldn’t touch Blount.

17. By superbowlcards on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

Darren
    I thought Tate was free to sign with whomever he chooses?
    If not, then you are correct, we have no shot at him, we would be last in line due to our NFL best 9-1 record, correct?
    As much as we need proven veteran depth at RB, I will gladly take the 9-1 record!
    The raiders better be all over Tate.
    Blount has burned his last bridge in my book, his issues go back to college, and has been a distraction at every stop I believe, Cardinals really need veteran depth to improve a weak running game, and lighten the load on Ellington, but I think Ray Rice would be a smarter choice, than Blount. What RR did was dispicable, but it seems to be one huge mistake, and he seems remorseful, and I just dont see his wife marrying hi, or staying with him if the abuse continued.

18. By Darren Urban on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

superbowl —

RE: Tate

Every player is subject to waivers at this point in the season. Yes, the Cards are last.

19. By shannon robinson on Nov 18, 2014 | Reply

Hercules was my favorite draft choice and we’ll all miss him in the stretch run. He will become the great TE Bruce Arians asked for and Steve Keim found. Matt Shaughnessy comes back soon so one of the likely persons cut would be Kerwynn Williams, now that Taylor’s healthy. For those of us who now want to sign the toxic Mr. Blount or sluggish Ben Tate are you going to cut Stefan Taylor or Robert Hughes or did you already give up on Marion Grice? Next man out means a lot now. You bring someone on and you have to release one of the players we’ve developed who know how to play Coach Arians system and helped get us to 9-1. It seems like eveytime we go after a player as a disappointment or even a “bust” the next week they go out and have a great game. It must be time for Jonathon Cooper’s luck to change to get on the field and Stefan Taylor will have another game winning TD.

20. By superbowlcards on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

Shannon ,
    You make a good point on who to cut, I was thinking Niklas’s spot when he was put on IR, but they could find somebody to cut, some of the guys have been on the inactive list every game, Tate could provide much needed veteran depth as well as give Ellington a rest, one of our weaknesses is our runng game, there is no denying it, o/n top of that, we are one injury away from disaster, if Ellington goes down, that will spell disaster.
    Not sure where you get slugish from to describe Tate, he still has plenty of miles left on him, and this time of year, he is far and away the best out on the street, unless the Cardinals can overlook the dispicable act that Ray Rice commited. Cutting one of the players that have been inactive all ten games in order to solve our weak running game issu e shouldnt be much of a discussion, I would say release the just signed TE, but it may be all for not anyway, because if Tate is on waivers we will never get him, we are last in line, if he made it all the way down to Denver, they would claim him in a second, I just dont see him making past the first team in line, Oakland, they will probably snatch him right up. It is nice to dream however!
    To answer one of your questions, if we could get Tate, I would cut Grice or Hughes if I had to, hell, I would cut them both if it meant Ben Tate would be a Cardinal, sir.

21. By John The Draft Guy on Nov 18, 2014 | Reply

erik, kauaicardsfan,

I think BA knows Tomlin and knows he is a player coach.
    Remember, who do you think Arians coached under?

So, if Tomlin thinks the guy is disruptive and cuts him, do you think BA is thinking, “let me try”.

Also, think about Larry. BA said he doesn’t care if a receiver gets enough balls or not. Remember that.

Well both Blunt and Tate got cut for complaining about not getting the ball.

22. By superbowlcards on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

John
    Where did you see that Tate was complainig about carries? I havent seen or heard that about Tate. They have two rookies that panned out faster than they expected, . Plus if Tate had the chance to get a Superbowl ring I dont think you would hear a peep out of him, ideally 12-15 carries per game to Tate would show opponents a different look, would give Ellington much needed rest, and open up the passing game for Stanton, not to mention shore up a glaring weakness, weneed a proven veteran RB, and a stronger running game, ig, god forbid Ell%ngton gets injured it would be a disaster, Tatehas proven he can be the workhorse back if needed, my biggest fear is wearing out Ellington (even coach has said he is not built to be a workhorse) or worse yet he gets injured. We have zero proven RB’s behind AE, I dont know about you, but I would sleep a little better at night knowing we had proven veteran help at RB in Tate, just in case. But if he is/was causing a fuss in the locker room, then all bets are off, this is the first I have heard of Tate complaining, or causing any stir at all.

23. By Darren Urban on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

superbowl —

RE: Tate

Check out any number of Browns reports from yesterday, noting Tate was upset about his workload. He has also played poorly this season (hit behind the line of scrimmage 27 percent of his carries).

24. By Scott H on Nov 18, 2014 | Reply

OK, never mind Blount. How ’bout Ben Tate??? Let’s not forget that the Browns signed him as a FA to be THE guy for them this year. Then, they went and drafted two kids who have shown a lot of promise and, not surprisingly, they want to get these guys into their plans NOW and for the future. Tate was not cut loose because of bad attitude or because he can’t play. He can play as well as either of the other RB’s they have right now. He, however, just happens to be the guy who is making the most money and – while HE is in his prime – he has few years on the odometer. Made all the sense in the world for the Browns to let him go.

That doesn’t mean he is not worth his weight in gold to another team right now and why not the Cardinals??? He is a bigger power-back type who can take on any workload we need him to, he can catch passes out of the backfield, he is a good goal-line guy, and he can help keep us from running Ellington into the ground before the post-season even starts. And tell me he wouldn’t LOVE to latch onto a team climbing the charts like the Cardinals are right now!!!

BEN TATE!!!!! Go get him!

25. By superbowlcards on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

Scott
    100% with you on Tate, he would be a huge boost, and would turn a weak running game into a $olid asset, and a new type of weapon that we just dont have right now, I.m a huge fa/n of Ben Tate, just take a gander at my 250 or so posts in all the recent articles! Haha! I really liked the kid coming out of Towson, was silently hoping the Cardinals would draft him, but when the Browns took him in the 2nd, I thought they were crazy, thought that was way to early (thinking more like round 4-5) guess the Browns kmew more than I did!! Haha! Was hoping Cards wouuld go after Tate in free agency last year, either Tate or Toby Gerhart, glad they didnt pursue Gerhart, he cant seem to stay healthy!!

26. By Andrew P. on Nov 18, 2014 | Reply

Thanks Darren.

27. By krehbieo14 on Nov 18, 2014 | Reply

In my opinion, it would not be wise to try to acclimate a new running back to our system at this point. We need to use Hughes and Taylor more effectively in our offense.. Hughes has shown that he has great hands and is surprisingly quick in space. Both Taylor and Hughes offer the Cards options to take pressure off of Ellington. Although the offensive line is still struggling with the run game, Ellington is responsible for some of the mistakes. Just like the pass rush issue that has improved, we’ll need to be patient with the run game. It will progress, hopefully before playoff time.

28. By grabling on Nov 18, 2014 | Reply

red uniforms for next match?

29. By Darren Urban on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

grabling —

RE: Uniforms

Cards are on the road, so probably white.

30. By CreditCard on Nov 18, 2014 | Reply

Niklas has potential a real shame. I am in hopes he recovers and becomes a cornerstone for the Cards.

I’ve often wondered if players read these outrageous posts. I’m sure we fans give them plenty of laughable entertainment

31. By Steve on Nov 18, 2014 | Reply

Darren: Great article on Keims rise through the ranks to become GM. My opinion of Rod Graves as GM (I’m not trying to knock him) is that he was more of a “yes man” type in that he catered to what the coaches wanted in terms of players in the draft and free agency while Keim strikes me as being more authoritative and willing to call his own shots. Do you think there is some truth to that?

32. By Darren Urban on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

Steve —

RE: Graves

I wouldn’t call him a yes man but I do believe he put a lot of trust in the coaches.

33. By Don on Nov 18, 2014 | Reply

I’m confused about your comment regarding Tate. Not sure what you mean by he will likely be “claimed” before the Cardinals have a chance at him. Surely the Cardinals would have a chance to claim him, as much a chance as any other team.

Just depends on how bad they want him….right?

34. By Darren Urban on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

Don —

RE: Tate/claim

Sure they can claim him off waivers, but priority order goes in reverse order of the standings. Which means any other team that claims him would get him before Cards, since Cards have the best record in the NFL (and are therefore last in the claim order.)

35. By Eazy E on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

Blount and Tate got cut. Blount is the better of the 2 but man I didn’t like that story about him leaving the field early because he didn’t get a carry while LeVeon is killing it against Tennessee! Tate is another one who is talented but West and Crowell we’re playing well as of late and Tate just wasn’t! Besides, Tate talks too much for what he hasn’t done!

36. By Scott H on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

Darren –

Thanks for the clarity. All I can say is – D’oh! Figures we would just happen to have the best record inthe NFL at a time when being able to grab someone off waivers might actually help. Um…but I’ll keep the best record!

With Tate, I might point out that he did appear to be playing better before the Browns lost their center. Maybe that is because the Browns had him going up the middle a lot and that became less effective after the centr’s injury? He WAS the lead dog out there before that injury. When Tate clealry fell off AFTER that injury, West and Crowell started getting mixed in a lot more – to the point where Tate went from the top pf the depth chart to the bottom.

37. By clssylssy on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

I was really getting excited about Niklas and don’t understand some feelings that he was a bust??? So the guy was injured early and missed some time…he was starting to get some plays enough to be visible and we should remember that BA wanted a blocking TE NOT Jimmy Graham or Tony Gonzalez…position players come in a variety of skillsets and it’s one a one size fits all thing! A very unfortunate close to his rookie season but this is football and given his experience this season, with these guys, in this scheme, he should come back better and perhaps a major difference maker next season.
    I like what Larry Foote said in his interview last week about the defense having at least one veteran at every level and I believe this is important for the offense also.
    With Fitz now injured, it’s going to hurt us and while next man up, is still good in principal, it’s not always possible to “plug in” someone with the experience in the league and knowledge of the game, especially against teams like the Seahawks, 9ers, Packers, Patriots. Hopefully, Fitz will be able to play as it’s obvious he’s the dependable go-to guy when it’s time to close the deal. Today is only Wednesday, and I’m wondering if there is any report on his status after practice today?
    It sounds as if EVERYONE is worried about Ellington’s ability to continue being the workhorse of the team,and it has been great to see Taylor and Hughes get some action; fans outside of Cardinal land who aren’t so biased, recognize their toughness and obvious skill. I totally believe we can go into Seattle and win if we are rested, feeling healthy and aren’t beginning to be “wary ” of the battle ahead.
    This is where we start seeing who the actual contenders are. We can do it and be who nobody thought we are!

38. By Dynosoar on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

I know I sound hugely optimistic (and I do tend to be glass half full), we are 9-1! We’ve faced the Broncos, the Eagles, the Cowboys and the Lions who all have a 7-3 record right now. We were one of the Broncos 7 wins AND one of the other three teams 3 losses. We are the team to beat (although, New England is making a case.

As to the Packers, they beat the Bears and the Eagles with a backup Sanchez. We lost to the Broncos and while injuries played a part, it also has helped give this team resolve. Will be interesting to see what Philadelphia does with losing to the Packers like we lost to the Broncos. We came back and have won 6 straight, will they?

We have this, this year is not the same as years past.

I’d say the three best teams this season are…
    Arizona
    the one coached by Bruce Arians
    and the Cardinals

The Lombardi trophy or nothing at all!

39. By John The Draft Guy on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

superbowlcards;

As Darren mentioned, numerous Browns reports have Tate complaining about carries.

But on to another thing, you said he could get 12-15 carries a game?
    I got to ask you, do you think BA is a competent coach? Do you think over the last year and 10 games that he has proven to the card fans he knows what he is doing?

With that being said, BA has clearly said the offense goes through Ellington and he will get 25 touches ideally. We have seen games where no one else runs it but Ellington. Usually, That leaves 3-5 carries for others. No one is getting 15 carries unless Ellington is out.

So do you think it is worth getting Tate, listening to him complain, while he gets 4 carries?

Another thing, how is Tate is pass protection? That is huge for the backs in BAs offense. Hughes and Taylor can block and catch out of the backfield.

Neither Tate nor Blount make any sense to me.

40. By John The Draft Guy on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

and you thought I talked too much about the Ayers trade?
    I think the Tate talk topped that.

41. By Darren Urban on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

JTDG —

RE: Tate talk

Yep.

42. By erik on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

Attitudes aside, Tate is just not as good as Blount. JTDG, you made many good points and I really doubt the Cards would make the move on either guys anyways. I do like what little I have seen from Hughes. I am very excited the Cards are 9-1 but the run game has me concerned. The interior run game is atrocious and I do think that falls more on the play of the guards. But it does not help that Ellington is simply not built to run up the middle 10+ times a game. I thought he was at the beginning of the season, but it is obvious at this point that that is not the case. I just hope they start getting Taylor and Hughes a little more involved so Ellington is strong for the playoffs!

43. By Scott H on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

erik –

Well, thank you. The Cardinals do not have a bigger / power-back type who is built to take it between the tackles. On one hand, that does not appear to be hurting them so far this year. But it IS nice to have a guy like that and the Cardinals do not. THAT is why I think one of these guys could really help here.

When you get to the post-season, you are going to be going up against the better defenses in the league, yes? Well, that might not mean you are going to have to divert significantly from what YOUR offense has done all year, but being able to pound it up the middle / between the tackles sure would be a nice thing to be able to do. We just went against the top run defense in the league on Sunday and we did not fare well trying to run the ball, folks.

We can HOPE that the playoff road in the NFC will run through Glendale but in the event that the Cardinals would have to go outside to Philly or Seattle or ( the biggie ) Green Bay….the weather is going to be far less passing game friendly. Running the ball can become even more of a challenge when the weather dictates that you are gonna HAVE to run ( and the other team knows it ). I’m not saying we suddenly NEED Ben Tate to be effective, folks. But against the better defenses and MAYBE outside in January….do we really think Ellington is built for that??? Do we have anyone else that is???

Seriously, Ellington is not built to be a feature back and I would be ( no, I AM ) concerned that he will begin to wear down if his present workload continues.

Fact is, we probably ain’t gonna have to worry about Tate because it is hard to imagine he will make it to the end of the waiver wire line. So…maybe all of this is pointless, anyway.

44. By John The Draft Guy on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

erik,

Agree it is the interior of the line.

Remember, Jamaal Charles is the same size roughly. These backs are so quick in the hole and able to bounce out, that give them a crease and they can run between tackles.

I think people see Ellington running to one side, nothing there, look for a cut back, nothing there and going down on his own. They think get behind the lineman and pound out two yards. That is what Ellington is not built to do.

I remember Barry Sanders would have runs of -2, 1, -3, 2, then 60. That is why BA continues to give him the ball even when he gets nothing. (Now don’t get me wrong, he is not Sanders, not even close) I’m merely pointing out that Andre isn’t a 4 yards a play guy that some want. BA wants home run hitters. With homerun hitters, you get strikeouts.

Hey, some love the reliability of a Tony Gwynn, others want Mark McGuire.

45. By clssylssy on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

Scott…
    You bring up a very important issue–the weather, and our success in playing outside in brutal weather, which we haven’t had to do this season so far. We are nearing that time of year and that part of the schedule when we are most likely are going to be facing some of these tests, and our ground game will become more critical. Last year we were able to wear the Seahawks down with our run game but this year that’s not probably going to happen. Tate is no longer an option as he was picked up off of waivers by the Vikings. Going forward, it seems foolish to believe that Ellington can continue to repeatedly run it up the gut without getting hurt at some point between now and post season; we need to do something different. You know that the Hawks are going to be looking for payback this week as well as to re-establish themselves as a contender and it’s going to be a physical gut buster. I’m still waiting to hear something about this new guy we signed and how he figures into all of this?

46. By Scott H on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

OK. Tate is now a Viking.

Moving on.

47. By Chuck 1 on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

The “Grizzly Bear” has ankles made of match sticks. He might be another Cooper.

48. By Scott H on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

clssylssy –

Actually, the REGULAR season schedule is pretty friendly in terms of potential bad weather games. This Sunday in Seattle is really the only potential bad weather game we have! The schedule is brutal in terms of the games themselves but not bad at all in terms of game conditions. We have Seattle ( never nice there in Nov but it ain’t Buffalo or Foxboro either, ya know? ). Then we have FOUR STRAIGHT indoors ( 2 at home ), then at San Fran but that shouldn’t be too bad.

I was referring to the possibility of having to go on the road in the playoffs. THAT could be bad for the Cardinals. For all that they are / have been this season, they are NOT cold-weather tested. The track record for domed teams playing outside in Jan is NOT encouraging.

This game is huge, no doubt. Cards win, they probably lay claim to the division and THAT means a home game to start the playoffs. Seahawks win, the division is suddenly up for grabs. I think the difference between making the playoffs as a division winner vs a wild card team is tremendous.

Of course, making the playoffs as a one-seed, having a bye, and home field advantage throughout is something else altogether wonderful🙂

49. By adam on Nov 19, 2014 | Reply

Tate was claimed by min.

50. By clssylssy on Nov 20, 2014 | Reply

Currently the forecast for Sunday in Seattle is rain with temp in the low 40’s (feels a lot colder when there is wind) so, it could be worse. Nonetheless, it will be an additional hurdle, especially if we don’t have Fitz. This is a game when we will need all the veterans on deck we can assemble so fingers crossed for no rain and a restful but productive practice week. This isn’t the same Seattle team we beat last season, just as we have a different look to our game but, we still have the same chess master moving our pieces. Gotta have this divisional win!

2. Nov 18, 2014: Steelers waive RB Blount | TheBestSportsNews.com