Fitzgerald, now “limited,” is a game-day decision again

Posted by Darren Urban on November 28, 2014 – 12:54 pm

Officially, wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald was able to practice on a limited basis Friday, and coach Bruce Arians said he was “progressing nicely” as he heads into Sunday’s game in Atlanta as a game-day decision. Arians did say Fitzgerald’s lack of practice time does impact the situation, noting that even when Fitz was dealing with the hamstring issue last season he was at least able to practice some. “This is a little bit more severe than that,” Arians said.

If Fitzgerald does play, Arians said, it won’t be just as a decoy or in a partial role. “If he goes, he goes,” Arians said. “That’s the only reason he would play, because he can play.”

– LB Kenny Demens (hamstring) is out for the game. DT Ed Stinson had a setback with the toe and “probably will not play,” Arians said, but it will be TBD.

FitzBlog1

Tags: , ,

11 Responses to “Fitzgerald, now “limited,” is a game-day decision again”

1. By K-Dub on Nov 28, 2014 | Reply

Knowing It is EXTREMELY hypocritical and at the beginning of the season I too said NEVER, but its Ray Rice. Given our lack of a run game and the success the Cards have been having, would Keim give this a thought after the Dwyer situation?

2. By Darren Urban on Nov 28, 2014 | Reply

K-Dub —

3. By Scott H on Nov 28, 2014 | Reply

I thought about Rice. For about 2.3 seconds. Then I moved on. I don’t even want Rice, regardless of any of what has gone on.

On to MUCH more important things….I think Fitz will play and if he does, it helps he whole offense. But if they keep him out another week, I’ll be OK with that. The games ahead will be more important than this one. They’re ALL important, but I don’t see Fitz as being as necessary here as he would be against KC, St Loo, etc.

4. By Barry Bond on Nov 28, 2014 | Reply

Yes, I want to inform our Cardinals fans I bet they don’t know about the defense coordinator now of the Rams? That same SOB was the D coordinator of the Saints their super bowl year his name is GREG WILLIAMS and he paid $1,500.00 bonus money for any defender who knocked the other team’s quarterback out as they did Kurt Warner and was carted OFF the field. He and head coach Sean Peyton later were both suspended for 1 year. Here is the scary part, guess who it was that had Carson Palmer carted off the field, yep it Greg Williams! Williams HURT’s quarterbacks and will GO after them. When the Cardinals play in St.Louis he will be gunning for our Drew Stanton!!!

5. By krehbieo14 on Nov 28, 2014 | Reply

Barry Bond-
    Greg Williams had nothing to do with Carson Palmer’s injury. His knee gave out without being touched by a defender.

6. By louis on Nov 29, 2014 | Reply

your going to hate me if the cards don’t make the playoffs i would like to see a change in the coaching staff let b.a. go and hire tod bowls as the new head coach with a new off cord and a new off line coach plus daft a franc qb that’t my wish.

7. By louis on Nov 30, 2014 | Reply

lets make a trade with the 49ers for head coaching job if we don’t make the playoffs it will be will worth it.

2. Nov 28, 2014: Larry Fitzgerald, Michael Bush will be game-time decisions
  3. Nov 28, 2014: Fitzgerald limited on Friday, gametime decision | Fantasy Chow
  4. Nov 28, 2014: Cardinals Blogs | Friday before the Falcons
  5. Nov 29, 2014: Fantasy Football Week 13: The Ultimate Guide to Sunday's Action - Christi Web