Fitzgerald active for Chiefs’ game

Posted by Darren Urban on December 7, 2014 – 12:35 pm

Larry Fitzgerald will play.

That’s the best news out of an ugly injury week as the Cardinals announced their inactives for Sunday’s game against the Chiefs. It’s a list that wasn’t that hard to figure, since Bruce Arians announced Friday four of the guys who were already going to be out: Andre Ellington, Paul Fanaika, Ed Stinson and Tyrann Mathieu. But Fitz will play. We’ll see how effective he can be — understand that his knee is not 100 percent, but all along, everyone involved said Fitzgerald wouldn’t play unless he could help.

The full inactive list:

— S Tyrann Mathieu (thumb)

— RB Andre Ellington (hip)

— DT Alameda Ta’amu

— G Anthony Steen

— DT Ed Stinson (toe)

— G Paul Fanaika (ankle)

— DE Kareem Martin

It’s been a rough year for Martin as the Cards’ third-round pick. He’s made much less of an impact than the Cardinals were hoping. Running back Kerwynn Williams is one of the active players. So is linebacker Matt Shaughnessy, after Shaughnessy missed eight games.

And as a postscript, the roof will be closed today.

Tags: , ,

26 Responses to “Fitzgerald active for Chiefs’ game”

1. By louis on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

Look like the cards will finish last.

2. By JohnnyBluenose on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

louis…seriously, why do you even bother to comment? you got nothing better to do?

3. By Dr. G. on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

Not too obvious that the announcers are rooting for KC….. super annoying….

4. By Scott H on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

3rd and 20 and we give up a 22-yd completion from a totally ordinary QB to a completely average WR. Nice.

Meanwhile, the Cardinals still can’t find the endzone.

5. By CreditCard on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

Yikes, already down 14-6.

So far our best defensive play is Kelse’s false starts. We need to get things turned around. Next game is the Rams — my opinion, they very well might be the best playing team in the NFL right now.

6. By Davemaham on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

Patrick Peterson is a bum. Does he work on tackling in practice?

7. By CreditCard on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

Missed FG at half — that hurts. If the Cards lose today, without a doubt, no question, should not even be a discussion, the Cards need to play Logan Thomas at QB and some of the rookie and 2nd year players, to audition them for next year.

I personally think the Card players will know, that missing Palmer means missing the play-offs, or at best be a one and done. Therefore, time to experiment with the younger players.

8. By CreditCard on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

I’m a big Cards fan, but we’ve been out strategized for the second straight game. Very obvious in my opinion.

9. By CreditCard on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

The last meaningful TDs for the Cards happened in the 1st Qtr of the Lions game. That equates to 13 straight Qtrs w/o a TD. No running game, tired running game, and no starting QB = bad news.

10. By Dr. G. on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

3rd quarter- –
    Fitz has not been moving well with the pain in his knee, but he has great hands to be able to contribute. He is obviously frustrated with Stanton’s lack of accuracy…. a sad reality….some big opportunities missed so far….

11. By louis on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

Because i talk the truth at like a man.

12. By CreditCard on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss. a TD. I think this will give life to the Cards

13. By CreditCard on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

Opponents punters seems like their punts go 5-yds longer than Butler’s punts. Over a course of game, that is 15 to 25 yards difference. Miss the Z man.

14. By CreditCard on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

These close games are not good for my heart! Cardiac Cards all over again.

15. By CreditCard on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

A nice grind it out long drive for points would be good right now.

16. By Scott H on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

Oh, CHRIST ALMIGHTY, can someone wake me up when Stanton completes a friggin pass???? 14 of 29 right now and it seems like he hasn’t completed a pass for about an hour or so.

I am officially losing confidence in Stanton. The Chiefs are leaving this game out there for the taking and all we can do is go 3 and out because our QB can’t complete a damn throw. DAMMIT!!!!

17. By CreditCard on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

I think if Drew Stanton was in a raft in the middle of the ocean, I’m not sure if he could throw a football and hit water.

18. By CreditCard on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

Boy that missed FG before the half looms big. Need Catman to kick it throw the uprights right now

19. By CreditCard on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggg!

20. By CreditCard on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

take a knee

21. By Scott H on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

Well, HELLO, Mr Williams!!! Nice job, kid. Man, did we need that, to be able to RUN the ball.

22. By Andy Kw on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

Kerwynn Williams looked really good. I am shocked but you know what, doubters are wrong at some point. Although it was against the 31st ranked run defense in the NFL, Williams shined and played like a beast.
    -Andre Ellington, rest up and be prepared man because Williams looks like he wants your job.

23. By CreditCard on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

Extremely even game. Obviously the Cards offense needs to improve. Next teo games will be play-off caliber level. Rams (away) and Seahawks (home), my opinion, you can put a fork in the 9ers. Unless the 9ers play for pride — it will be a tough game. If their internal conflicts consume them — I see the Cards winning in SF. ?Again, the next two games will be extremely tough.

Need to improve by Thursday or have the Rams come down with a team wide stomach flu.

24. By CreditCard on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

Two back to back 10-victory seasons for the Cardinals. To me, this shows the desire of the organization to be a winner. Congrats to Mr. Bidwill, Mr. Kiem, Mr. Arians, coaching staff, and the whole organization. Not an easy thing to do.

Still way nervous. The offense seems like it is running on 3 of the 8 cylinders. Injuries are at historic levels. Cro with a hurt Achilles — could be anything from missing a couple games to a career ender.

25. By cards62 on Dec 7, 2014 | Reply

First off I think we should all lift our mugs of Frostee Root beer and drink a toast to Frostee Rucker. Great game big fella way to bring it and CC if you are not starting in the pro bowl at DE I will be shocked. So proud of you CC and the way you are playing this year.

Someone on our blog said he was more afraid of the Rams game than the 49ers game a few weeks ago and this fan nailed it, great call. 49ers lose to the Raiders who Rams just beat by 52 and Rams post 2 shutouts in a row and beat Broncos. This one could be a 9-6 game so big CAT we need for you to bounce back as Rams have an excellent kicker.

Wanted to wait until next season for my boy Cooper but next man up and I think he has played well, but real real test will be Thursday against the Rams for Cooper.

K Williams we also need to toast you. Way to step-up and run the ball, and my friend I do not even know what college you attended. Did anyone think he would be our leading rusher this game????????

Scott H. where do you stand on bringing in Ray Rice to be a Cardinal? He is a much better back than Blount. I hope Steve K. is checking him out now to see if this is a one time major mess up or major problem for him and what ever Steve Keim decides I would support. Not trying to start anything but a discussion here to see how Cardinal fans would feel about possibly bringing him in. The Ravens released him right so we would not have to give any compensation?

Great job defense especially in bringing back the second half magic. PP tired of talking about you and will just say we won and I hope you find your mojo before Thursday.

Drew Stanton is really starting to worry me. He just can not seem to get in any kind of grove throwing the ball, and he has to if we are going to finish strong.

Lastly the Chiefs are a quality team so this is a good solid win for us and I am proud of our guys for getting us the win.

Rams week and I already hear the pads popping.

26. By RedSea2014 on Dec 8, 2014 | Reply

It is no coincidence that we suddenly ran the ball better with Jonathan Cooper at LG. Hopefully he’s there to stay.