Cromartie, newcomer Clemons active

Posted by Darren Urban on December 11, 2014 – 4:56 pm

Cornerback Antonio Cromartie is active tonight just a few days after he thought he suffered a season-ending Achilles injury, so that is a boost to the Cardinals’ secondary. Cromartie looked pretty nimble going through early stretching, running pretty well from what I could tell.

Interestingly, also active is new safety Chris Clemons, who just signed Monday and who really hasn’t even gone through a real practice thanks to the short week. Rookie defensive tackle Ed Stinson also returns tonight, sending Josh Mauro to the inactive list. It also looks like Glenn Carson has surpassed Kenny Demens on the depth chart.

The full inactive list:

— S Tyrann Mathieu (thumb)

— LB Kenny Demens

— DT Alameda Ta’amu

— G Anthony Steen

— DE Josh Mauro

— G Paul Fanaika (ankle)

— DE Kareem Martin

Tags: , ,

23 Responses to “Cromartie, newcomer Clemons active”

1. By Bay Area Bad Boy on Dec 11, 2014 | Reply

Getting excited for the game tonight. Just hoping to start quickly and cover the TE’s. I’m so sick of hearing the nation talk so negatively about our team. Lets go Cards !!!!

2. By TucsonTim on Dec 11, 2014 | Reply

Mauro was a star in Seattle. What happened?

How did we get here. There are teams with losing records that have blow out victories and every Cardinal win has been, well…typical Cardiac Cardinals

Win and we are in. Wow. Do you need any more motivation. Could this be a statement game. Big win and we win out and get home field.

Smash mouth score on first 2 drives up tempo like Detroit and let the defense finish, that will work.

Go Cards

3. By TucsonTim on Dec 11, 2014 | Reply

There are high school punters better than Butler.

Housler and his penalties, how much longer is he going to be active? Oh yes, BTW, he can’t block and he rarely catches anything. Seriously, does he have photos.

4. By TucsonTim on Dec 11, 2014 | Reply

Ok I promise this is last post but WTF, blatantly illegal hit on Williams with the ref less than 2 feet away. Definitely going to be an uphill battle tonight.

5. By CreditCard on Dec 11, 2014 | Reply

Stanton hurt, and they bring in Lindley … why go god sake. Get Thomas in there — he can at least scramble.

Also, rotation of the backs — not a good idea, unless they are winded. Get at least one RB used o the flow of the game.

If Stanton is seriously hurt = season is over.

6. By CreditCard on Dec 11, 2014 | Reply

Run, Run, incomplete pass, and then punt. Run, run, incomplete pass .. punt. Run , run incomplete pass, then punt. Run, run incomplete pass, punt

Can anyone in the stadium not predict what the Cards offense is going to do

7. By CreditCard on Dec 11, 2014 | Reply

Lindley in there — the Rams will stack everyone in the box, in hopes Lindley will try to pass. For the love of Mary, put Thomas in there — at least he can scramble and physically run for positive yardage.

8. By rod on Dec 11, 2014 | Reply

MY GOSH WHAT A GAME!!

CO CARDS!!

Still have Lindley night terrors…

9. By clssylssy on Dec 11, 2014 | Reply

OMG! FANTASTIC JOB…despite the referees the Cards prevailed! Classy Team Win! and CONGRATULATIONS MR.901!

10. By Dylan on Dec 11, 2014 | Reply

I was 6 years old when the Cardinals moved to Arizona. I was bought a Cardinals uniform and helmet and I have been a fan since then. I had season tickets for six years even though I live in Tucson. I was there for all 3 playoff wins and had to be kicked out of the stadium when we beat the Eagles to go to the Super Bowl because I just wanted to remember the moment. I am a career fireman paramedic in the Tucson area for almost ten years. That being said I have been a Cardinals fan since I have memories. This team, I have never seen a team endure so many injuries or setbacks. Yet, they keep winning. To me it has been inspirational. And I had a thought. The Cards are playing like fireman. You see, the most common thing you will hear in the fire service is adapt and overcome (next man up). When things go wrong we figure things out and keep on working. This is the 2014 Cardinals. If a fireman goes down we don’t pack it up and go home, we keep working until the emergency has been mitigated. We feel sad later about a brother or a patient lost, but when we have to work we keep on working. I’ve never been so inspired by a pro sports team because at the end of the day I know they make more in a game than I make in a year. Yet, this Cardinals team has inspired me. That takes a lot. I’m not sure that anything I can write will express what I am trying to express but I know that if you ask the Cards centers father he would probably agree with what I’ve said. So to the team, go play like fireman. Nothing may go right but we don’t quit ever until the job is done.

11. By Dr. G. on Dec 11, 2014 | Reply

It is noteworthy that Arians displayed obvious displeasure with anyone and everyone who virtually nagged on and on this week about how good the Rams’ defense was when he said, “Everyone’s been talking how good their defense is; today they saw what a good defense was all about.” That is somewhat paraphrased, but accurate in the translation… BA is proud of this team… Friday for more…. Rams were favored by 5…

This was an awesome win, most do not realize how big it was on the road with a team that was touted by the media as the team no one wants to play right now.

I couldn’t work with Bill Cower spitting all over the table, and then turning toward you with more as he chose the Rams to win….

Hoping and praying that Stanton just got bruised and nothing serious…be well CARDS FANS….

12. By NJAzCardsFan on Dec 11, 2014 | Reply

Anyone have any guesses on who will be the Cards new 3rd string QB…..

Ginn throws a nice ball…..

The running game looked good….. The penalties in the first half were a drive killer…..

A great but devastating win…. We’re screwed now with the loss of Stanton.

The running game looked good…..

13. By Dylee in Tucson on Dec 11, 2014 | Reply

First time poster and didn’t realize that it would post my full name. So to fellow FD members don’t take it out on me I know we don’t lile anything public, but you know what I’m trying ot say.

14. By LOL on Dec 11, 2014 | Reply

No reason to post anything tonite, I guess. LOLOLOL

15. By Dr. G. on Dec 11, 2014 | Reply

Coach Arians gets a mulligan for throwing the red flag on a called turnover play that has an “automatic review”…. The ref missed it, as they did a few others…. At least the guys have something that they can tease him about….”the rules, coach, the rules.” ….later

16. By Dynosoar on Dec 12, 2014 | Reply

The Lombardi trophy or nothing at all!

only two games left, this has been one season to remember and we’re still living it.

We have ten days to rest, the Seahawks will have seven. And we have Lindley, highest completion percentage in SD State history (when he played).

I don’t care what happened in the Whizenhunt year, we have BA, Moore, Kitchens and Goodwin coaching this man and he has a better, far better O-Line than before. And what looks to be a real RB corps.

I love that Cowboys fans even today we’re posting “if we had had Romo.” Well to them I say, it doesn’t matter who we put in, we’re going to win.

The Lombardi trophy or nothing at all!

17. By Dynosoar on Dec 12, 2014 | Reply

Bring on the Seahawks! I can’t wait. I want them in our house, after this win and the last against KC, these next two games are very winnable. Will we? I’m excited to find out.

18. By Brad on Dec 12, 2014 | Reply

Frostee Rucker has been playing unbelievable the last few weeks, no one can stop his bull rush, glad we have him already locked up for next season, great move Keim, but Keim your job isn’t over yet, you’ve got to pull out a miracle and get Warner in Arizona red colours before the playoffs! If Stanton can’t go that is… never say never with our D and the emerging running game, but doesn’t look good

19. By clssylssy on Dec 12, 2014 | Reply

I had friends and relatives from all over the country(fans of other teams) calling during this game and they were as excited for the Cards as if it were their own team…amazing toughness and tenacity…everybody loves a hard fought game that results in a win against all odds! Now, that’s the team we’ve been expecting to see on the field and despite the downplaying of the Ram’s defense, that was one tough test and excellent practice for the upcoming final games against the Hawks and 9ers. Amazing job by everyone. Prayers for Drew Stanton. we’ll hope for the best but Ryan did a good job considering he hadn’t taken any reps since training camp and hadn’t played in real time for two years! With quality players stepping up the whole is indeed the sum of it’s parts and anything is possible. Probably the best game on TV this week. Absolutely Amazing!

20. By Fwc111 on Dec 13, 2014 | Reply

This franchise has been in the doldrums for such a protracted period,until the last 2 years, it’s difficult not to be skeptical,or at least wary of let downs.But everyone has to admit that younger Bidwells decision about Keim and Arians and Bowles has made all Arizonans very proud of this team.They have remarkable judgement and decision making both as to player acquisition and gameplay.We’re all astounded by the quality of the players,and their tenacity,as we’ll.Balls to the wall Cards,and drive on.

21. By Azems on Dec 15, 2014 | Reply

Josh mauro was a nice pickup, played well. Like to see him active.

22. By birdfanfromtexas on Jan 2, 2015 | Reply

C’mon Coach ,release The Beast,activate Josh Mauro,all He does,is exactly what He’s supposed to,How is He gonna help if He’s on the inactive list!?

2. Dec 11, 2014: Mathieu heads list of Arizona Cardinals inactives - Heat Waved - A Phoenix Sports Site - Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Coyotes, Sun Devils & Wildcats