No Cooper again for Panthers game

Posted by Darren Urban on January 3, 2015 – 12:57 pm

There are no surprises on the Cardinals’ inactive list today. Guard Jonathan Cooper (wrist/knee) is going to sit out again, but otherwise, pretty straightforward — especially after coach Bruce Arians told everyone QB Drew Stanton was already going to be out with his bad knee. DT Dan Williams (foot) is playing, and with Alameda Ta’amu inactive, it means the Cardinals have to be comfortable Williams will hold up.

The full list:

— QB Drew Stanton (knee)

— WR Brittan Golden

— S Chris Clemons

— G Jonathan Cooper (wrist/knee)

— DT Alameda Ta’amu

— G Anthony Steen

— DE Kareem Martin

Tags: , , ,

47 Responses to “No Cooper again for Panthers game”

1. By Buddy on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Can you blame him ?? he knows the Oganization is not commited to winning otherwise they would have brough in a Ligit QB …He knows they are not even going to try and win cause everyone with an owie is on the IR bench or at home watching the Playoff’s…This Team has lost it’s Mojo !!

2. By Dobie on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Jack Youngblood for the Rams played with a broken leg when they played the Steelers in the super bowl now that is tough can’t remember what year

3. By Eddie on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Does it matter if he’s out ? We havent had him play a full game since he got injured, Cards shouldnt worry about him, we’ll do just fine without him.

4. By Steve Weston on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Hope you don’t break your ass falling off the bandwagon, Buddy. When did you jump on, sometime during the season as the Cards were putting together their incredible run despite a roster replete with injuries?

For the rest of us real fans, let’s get behind our Cards and root for them to destroy the Panthers! I’m happy that playoff games are always on TV up here in Virginia, so I should be good to go all the way to the Super Bowl. 🙂

Go Cards!!

5. By RJ on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Buddy the Elf: Stick with Christmas posts. Bruce has played the hand dealt him beautifully all year. Lindley isn’t a #1 in this league – probably not even a good #2 – but he is our best option. Go Cards!

6. By budpeters44 on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

lol just like a political Party…i don’t beloeng to no one certain party nor band wagon..they are either winning or losing..if i wanted to waste my time watching teams lose i would stick with the Cards..But i’m not stuck on stupid so i will go root for a team i know is commited to wining like the Cowboys !! So Go Cowboys…i mean really who wants to root for a team that even the owner’s don’t support ? It’s only a game and games are meant to compete..Cards left the Competition awhile back !! so while your sitting there with your pom poms and cheering on a team that you want to win more than they want to win i will be rotting for a team thats wants to win more than i care if they win or not cause i can move on to the next lol..Have a Happy New year ! God Cowboys !!

7. By Darren Urban on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

budpeters —

RE: Winning

Good luck when you are “rotting.”

And thanks for coming.

8. By rod on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Darren-

If there was an age limit on the internet I think your blog would contain less commenters like the “bud” children.

Go Cards!! Great job this year!!

9. By Steve on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Darren, your not afraid to take the “trash out” too! I like it.

10. By CreditCard on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

From my layman’s opinion, Watford is better than Cooper, bigger, stronger, better foot work … all around better.

11. By CreditCard on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

24-yd power punt. The loss of Zandulis still haunts the Cards

12. By CreditCard on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Carolina scored a FG, game over with Lindley taking the snaps.

13. By CreditCard on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Good news, Butler is improving! This punt went 28-yds. BTW, another 3 and out. Williams was hitting the holes fast, therefore on a third and 1 put Hughes in to jog to the line of scrimmage.

14. By CreditCard on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

No really, I mean it, game over. 10-zip. The Ryan Lindley experiment yields no fruitful gains. Why the Cards didn’t go after Rex Grossman — I’ll never know, and why not play Thomas, and use his scrambling abilities — is a mystery the size of the great pyramids of Giza.

15. By CreditCard on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

The egotistical decision in not considering the type of players and skill level your substitutes have, is frightening. Arians crystal ball plan to play Lindley rivals General Custer’s decision at Little Big Horn.

16. By CreditCard on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Cards have not defended the no huddle well all season, something to work upon at OTAs this summer.

17. By Canadian Redbird on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

CAN WE PLEASE DRAFT A F…………N PUNTER PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe kick field goals from anywhere on the f…………..n field so that we get it more than 30 yards downfield. The punt that was fumbled should have been blocked; even Butler thought it was blocked. This is novice football.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. By rod on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Darren-

On the Ginn fumble, why wasn’t that tackle flagged for leading with the crown of the helmet?

19. By infitzwetrust on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Why do we keep running up the middle on first and second down only to gain a yard, if that, and continue to put ourselves in 3rd and long situations with a horrible QB all while giving the defense a chance to stop our obvious pass plays?

As I write this post Ted Ginn just lost a fumble and gives carolina the ball back within the 10-yard line.

I cannot believe how we are playing today.

20. By Lee W. Flanagan on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

If the cardinals punter and if Ginn is on the team next season I’m slitting my wrists.

21. By infitzwetrust on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Special teams and missed tackling is the reason why were getting killed by a losing team. How embarrassing is this…..

22. By redsea on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Play calling is extremely suspect in this game.

23. By CreditCard on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

The defense and special teams kept the Cards in the game for the 1st half. Carolina scored a quick 2 TDs in the third qtr. Another 3 and out for Lindley.

The Lindley experiment has gone awry. It is bad, and Lindley is bad.

I understand on how the Card brass played Lindley in the Seahawk game,n hopes to capture the home field. Then he played against a lifeless SF, and still lost.

Time to yank him.

24. By CreditCard on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Someone on the Cardinal staff needs to alert Lindley that we’re the guys with the white helmets and the red uniforms … I think might help bunches.

25. By CreditCard on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Wow after three quarters 70 total yards. No first downs since early in the second quarter, and that came via penatly. Yikes Lindley is venturing into the historically awful mark.

26. By CreditCard on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Johnson does a great play,naturally followed by a Lindley loser play.

Defense has lost their spirit. For the love of Mary, bench Lindley.

27. By ECard on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

this is just sad..Lindley is horrible..

28. By rich on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

HEY LINDLEY MCDONALDS IS HIRING

29. By Bob weiss on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Watching this game makes me sick. This offense is horrible. They should be embarrassed as a team to be a playoff representative with this offense.

30. By rod on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Defense: “here you go, we got you the ball on our 8 yard line”

Lindley: “F U, I’m throwing it to Kuechly, game ova!”

We would have been better off with Tebow, I do believe that.

@!#&!!!!

31. By CreditCard on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

I don’t know, but does Bruce Arian have a daughter, and did she marry Lindley?

Logic cannot explain this raw stupidity, there has to be story behind the story type thing.

32. By Richard L on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Lindley is what we thought he was, a 4th string quaterback

33. By Kevin S Mesa on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

If nothing else, that game teaches why, at least with an inexperienced and not very good QB, you don’t just “force it to Fitz.” Easy INT for Kuechly after the D had just given us a sliver of hope. And then later when we had a chance to try to score after the Carolina punter bobbled the snap, another forced ball to a covered Fitz gets tipped by one guy and intercepted by another.

34. By Daniel Thompson on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Jonathan Cooper and Stanton are both WIMPS…….Cardinals organization should have picked up a VETERAN F-IN QB as soon as PALMER went down……….just plain stupid………couldn’t believe it……any team in contention would sign at least a veteran QB……………..WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU? I want to commend Larry Fitzgerald for playing with the Cardinals, now he can show the rest of the NFL what they missed and what he wasted.

35. By Daniel Thompson on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

U think Joe Montana would have missed this game? Stanton is a clipboard holder

36. By Scott H on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Well….I stand by my statements about being proud of this 2014 Cardinals team. BUT….that said, I wish to confirm that I was referring to the team they were before this last month or so. The team we have seen during that time and again today was – I really hate to say it – an embarrassment to the NFL playoffs. And that is evidenced by the fact that, thanks to that senseless last play, I think we had the lowest number of yards in a playoff game in NFL history.

My lord. Weren’t we 9-1 after the first 10 games????

Once this game started to unravel, I found myself feeling glad that this season was coming to a merciful end. Because I can’t watch another minute of Ryan Lindley. Not that it was all his fault, though.

Between the QB play….the complete in-ability to run the ball….a punter who can’t make a punt longer than 34 yards…..our fair catch specialist…..the special teams in general…..the LOUSY tackling…..the horrible run defense……again, the Cardinals looked like a team that belonged nowhere near the playoffs.

At this point, I’d like to start a list of people who should not even be brought back home on the team plane. They should be left at the airport in the un-claimed baggage section. Feel free to add anyone to the list as you see fit.

1) Ted Ginn. Really, do I need to explain why????

2) Butler. Really, do I need to explain why????

3) Ryan Lindley. OK, some may find this cruel. But the interception he through on the first and goal play after the Newton fumble? Sorry. I don’t care if you are a 3rd string QB. You CANNOT make that throw there. Despite it ALL, we are right back in that game if we put up a score there. And he makes THAT throw??? Christ almighty, how do you NOT see the big linebacker wearing the Panthers uniform RIGHT THERE waiting on that throw???? Did our defense even make it to the bench before they had to go right back again? Sorry, kid, but your off the plane.

THAT was painful. 2015 cannot come fast enough.

37. By Scott H on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Man, where’s Jake Delhomme when ya need him???

38. By Daniel Thompson on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

We need pass rushers, speed at LB and Ted Larsen, Lindley, Butler need to take a hike…….Larsen sucks at run blocking………Sendlein need to be replaced too.

39. By JohnnyBluenose on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

@budpeters44….before you consider posting again I suggest you return to grade three and try to learn how to spell…..unless, of course, you are still in grade two.

40. By card62 on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

I tuned in to watch a playoff game and I was treated to a bad preseason game. Both teams just tried to give the game away, but of course we had the worse qb and play calling in the history of the NFL not to mention the worse punter in the history of the league. Carolina offensive line not that good and Cam had all day to throw or run unless we brought the house. Johnson forgot how to tackle and the only thing I saw honey badger hit all day was Patrick Peterson. Our team overachieved this year but losing the last 3 games like we did and the Atlanta game just show that we still have a long long way to go. Keim get busy and bring us some players and do not even let Butler, Ginn, Lindley, or Thomas get on the plane. The reason I say Thomas is he must have gone to the Michael Vick school of being a backup QB not to be able to beat out Ryan Lindley.

Lastly will someone tell me why teams do not run the QB sneak anymore?

OSU playing Alabama has first and goal on 1 yard line and are in the shotgun and QB mishandles snap and loses 9 yards. Cardinals have Thomas in the game and he just hands off to get the ball on the one and we take him out of the game and almost blow the TD.

Disgusted and looking forward to free agency and the draft. Go Cards lets get them next year.

Keim we told you we needed a different QB, punter, and pass rusher and you did nothing so you owe us in 2015. We know you can do it so get to work and I am not kidding do not let those 4 guys on the team plane. Sure you’ll get fined but it will be worth it for team morale

I am a long time Cardinal fan so I can live with losing, but not like this. Very poor product on the field and sidelines today. Only a handful of players and coaches earned their playoff checks today. Most should be ashamed to even cash their checks. Todd B. earned his check today and I sure hope he is back next year.

41. By Steve Weston on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

Tough loss, but Arians still deserves Coach of the Year for what he’s done in the desert this year against all possible odds. Looking forward to next season and seeing how we fill the holes in our roster in the draft.

Looks like I’ll be rooting for the Ravens this post-season (Baltimore is pretty close to our new home here in VA after all) and, of course, against the Cowboys. 🙂

Thanks Darren for covering our Cards so well this season. I’ll be following your blog as always over the coming months.

Steve

42. By Vinny on Jan 3, 2015 | Reply

I feel bad for Larry. He didn’t seem to get targeted very much in this game. He’s still a great player, and it seems like he gets used as a blocker as much as a receiver😦

43. By budpeters44 on Jan 4, 2015 | Reply

larry has been disrespected and passed over since Warner retired…He will leave the Cardinals after this season…he deserves a better tem that will use …

44. By Brad on Jan 4, 2015 | Reply

I’m not a Lindley fan, but man you can’t put all this loss on him, all phases played poorly today, our Offense line was quite terrible, Lindley had no time at all before he was hit, because of how poor the O-line was playing BA tries some screens and they get mopped up, Lindley probably would have sucked if he had heaps of time but when having no time he really didn’t have a chance, Specials Teams terrible for obvious reasons, Defense allowed too many big plays but they were battling some questionable referee calls, Panthers receivers pushing off to create separation, but in the end when a team plays poorly in all 3 phases you can’t expect to win, only reason we were close at one point was because of how poor the Panthers were playing. Great fortitude to take a lead though, pushing through bad plays and finding some good ones, but then it all fell apart after that ‘no flag’ on the deep ball to Floyd followed by Fozzy and then the mystery flag on Jefferson… i don’t feel cheated though because of how poor we played leading up to that…

45. By much.faster on Jan 4, 2015 | Reply

i`m ROTTING today for the lions, lol.

46. By Dr. G. on Jan 4, 2015 | Reply

Just after Lindley connected on that last INT at the goal line, the camera got a close up on Fitz. His glazed over look said it all…””well, that is probably my last game with the Cards; they will go on without me; Detroit may call. I wonder how I would look in sea green…h’mmmm””

Darren’s points:: Highly improbable any team would assume his numbers, most likely cut, esp. with the big cap #…

Other hard working players have been my favs, but, if I were Fitz, I would dig in my heels for the cut; then look to another team that will include me in their plans. I would realize that figurehead money will still not include me in their play calling to a degree that I can make a significant contribution. I walk in his shoes.

A pause to refresh and regroup…we can all exhale now…later Cards Fans

47. By budpeters44 on Jan 5, 2015 | Reply

It’s almost as if the Cards are ripping him off of making more money etc..cause every player has bonus Money depending on their yard.,catches, TD’s etc..and Since Warner retired it almost looks like they have retired Larry by black balling him from most of the Game..I hope he can get with a Good team …really would like to see him maybe with the SeaHawks ..Cowboy’s,…even DSenver would be a good fit with Payton..He surely deserves a better team and more respect..he is a class act!