A chilly Pro Bowl warmup

Posted by Darren Urban on January 22, 2015 – 8:28 pm

The wind was blowing pretty good Thursday at Luke Air Force Base — Patrick Peterson was estimating the wind chill at 45 degrees, which might have been a tad overstated but the man was in a T-shirt and shorts, after all — when Peterson’s interview session was briefly taken over by a celebrity interviewer.

“Mr. Peterson, we just wanted to come ask you, would you rather be in Hawaii or in Phoenix?” teammate and fellow Pro Bowler Antonio Cromartie asked.

Peterson’s answer? Hawaii.

No disrespect, of course. But Hawaii is Hawaii.

“In Hawaii, it probably rains today,” Cromartie said later. “But I take the rain and then it clears up and then it’s 82 degrees. I’m not used to this, the wind. I’ll take it for what it’s worth and hopefully we get it back to Hawaii.”

That was about the only thing to complain about as the players had a 45-minute walk through and then signed autographs for the military fans on hand. Peterson gave good-natured grief for Calais Campbell talking about studying the play book on social media — “He’s a newbie,” Peterson said — and smiled about the workload.

“We don’t need any practice,” Peterson said. “This stuff is pointless. You saw how long we were out here for.

“We still want to play hard, but have fun and make sure we put on a great show for the fans.”

And make sure they pack long pants just in case for Friday’s practice.

“I’m coming prepared,” Peterson said.

ColdProBowl

Tags: , ,

10 Responses to “A chilly Pro Bowl warmup”

1. By Eazy E on Jan 23, 2015 | Reply

4 Cardinals

2. By kauaicardsfan on Jan 23, 2015 | Reply

Yes, Bring the probowl back here! The NFL is messing around with too much stuff, cutting out celebrations, moving it away from Hawaii again, etc,
    The players look forward to coming here, its their vacation as well and we love having them here!! Dont touch what isnt broken!!!

Soon they will be calling it the ” No Fun League” !!!

a Hui Hou ( Until we meet again ) !!!

Aloha

3. By Coach K on Jan 23, 2015 | Reply

I think the Pro bowl has lost its luster. Guys don’t want to play hard and get hurt, so its really not a serious game worth watching in my opinion.

4. By D on Jan 23, 2015 | Reply

Senior Bowl coverage has been good.
    A player to watch in the Combine in Indy for LB is Paul Dawson from TCU.
    6’2 230, good coverage LB that can run. He would fit nicely inside for AZ next to DWash next year….looks like a 2nd rounder..

Cards have a two down LB in Minter, but they need a LB that can cover and be playing all downs…

Look at Seattle, that defense is fast and has LB’s that can cover..

5. By Andy Kw on Jan 23, 2015 | Reply

It’s all about Benardrick McKinney

6. By Dr. G. on Jan 23, 2015 | Reply

“D” – – In light of his needed talent, I have noted significant postings about DWash recently. We could really use him ((in the proper frame of mind))… It’s just sad how he has thumbed his nose at the NFL & NFLPA at least three times in order to satisfy his own selfish drug induced moods.

At this point, he needs a miracle to even play in 2015 with the probable league sanctions looming. If and when he is cleared to play, Keim needs to re-negotiate his deal to include lots of reasonable performance incentives and regular testing with the knowledge that he is out for a scintilla of violation. This would be at least 4th or 5th second chances. I’m still OK with it. But, is he still in shape to play? Arians gave the impression he is not in his corner last year…

Personally, I think his lawyer gave him bad advice to plead guilty to avoid a lengthy trial. I do not believe there was intentional malice on his part to impart injury to his gold-digger ex-baby mama. She created a tug-of-war with the little girl when he returned from the Dairy Queen; he just tried to push her away with no intent of injury. She fell down and incurred a significant injury. If his intent was to hurt her, she may not be here to testify.

Had he gone to trial, the result would have been no worse, and probably better than the current situation. Pleading guilty to felony? In his naivete, he thought it would all go away. There is still a lesson here in what sort of relationships these men establish just for the fun of it. Others, like this woman can take your fun seriously. (($$$$))

I hope with the new NFL//NFLPA revised rules that there may be some outlet for him to be able to play, but I am not encouraged…just hopeful…be well…

7. By Coach K on Jan 23, 2015 | Reply

D

I agree. Dawson looks good. Athletic.

Give me him and David Cobb, the running back from Minnesota and I
    would be happy.

8. By Scott H on Jan 23, 2015 | Reply

Hey, man, out here in the Philly area, we are having one of the most brutally cold winters I can remember in a long time. So…suck it up out there! If 45 degrees WITH the wind chill is the worst you’ve had to deal with, then zip it! Try stepping outside at night or first thing in the morning to walk your dog when the ACTUAL temp is 0 degrees. Then we’ll talk.

9. By Dr. G. on Jan 23, 2015 | Reply

ScottH – – Yeah, I hear your response to PP’s complaint of 45 degrees and windy. I have lived in Alaska, and the Aleutian Islands, so I know weather. And I can tell you that once you live in Phoenix for a while, your hemoglobin thins out, so you feel colder sooner as the temps drop. We get spoiled and can’t remember where we put that coat 2 years ago.

Most people think all of Arizona is warm, but the mountains can bring teens and sub zero temps all Winter…skiing is pretty good.

Conversely, 105 degrees in AZ with 10% humidity feels fine, better than 85 degrees in Philly with 80% humidity…it saps your energy. But 110++ is just hot; you have to be careful of burning your fingers on car door knobs! Get in your car with the windows up…instant sweat… But, it is a great place to live most of the year. ….There’s your weather report for now.

10. By Scott H on Jan 24, 2015 | Reply

Dr. G. –

I always enjoy your replies, bro! Always educational. And since the Pro Bowl is a God-awful excuse for a football game and there is nothing else going on this weekend, we might as well talk about the weather!

I shouldn’t complain, though. The temps out HAVE been on the bitter side BUT we have also had virtually no snow in comparison to last winter ( which was one of the worst we’ve ever had ). I’ve got the snow-blower all ready to go, but I don’t mind if it never gets used!

I really do hate the weekend between the conference title games and the SB. It just plain sucks to have NO football for a whole weekend. Well, no football that is actually watchable, that is.