No DC yet, no LeBeau and Campbell surgery

Posted by Darren Urban on January 25, 2015 – 8:24 pm

Little NFL team business is going to be announced right now, since Super Bowl week is upon us and nobody wants to take the spotlight away from the league’s most important time. The Cardinals still have not made any announcements in terms of their defensive coordinator — it’s still expected to be an internal hire — but whatever role ex-Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau might have had, multiple reports say that collaboration isn’t going to happen. Given the idea that LeBeau didn’t want to be far away from family in Ohio, it’s not a surprise. What direction the Cardinals go now to fill their vacancies is yet to be determined, although the team has talked to more than just LeBeau outside of the team. (Not every name has emerged publicly.)

— Defensive end Calais Campbell said he will have to have surgery post-Pro Bowl to fix a sports hernia that was bothering him the last few weeks of the season. “It’s an easy recovery,” Campbell said.

— The Seahawks players who were named to the Pro Bowl but obviously aren’t playing — because of their game next week — were on hand at University of Phoenix Stadium Sunday night to be interviewed and announced to the crowd. The crowd, definitely pro-Cardinals here in the Valley, delivered a pretty good round of boos.

Pro Bowl Football

Tags: , , ,

23 Responses to “No DC yet, no LeBeau and Campbell surgery”

1. By Dr. G. on Jan 25, 2015 | Reply

Great to see our fantastic stadium on the world stage! The Pro Bowl is always what it just is…

But, it can provide the opportunity for some fans to share in the display of some of the best players in their celebrity mode when they cannot go to a regular season game.

I want to awaken from the injury plagued dream I’m having to see our Cardinals take the field next week…

After some player and coaching adjustments, another run this year will put the league on notice that we are the “”REAL DEAL”” …be well Cards Fans

2. By Andy Kw on Jan 26, 2015 | Reply

-I think we should hire Jim Schwartz as our new Defensive Coordinator even with all that is said on hiring within. Hire Mike Nolan to coach Linebackers.
    -As for the Pro Bowl, I was really impressed with DE Calais Campbell. He really put the pressure on the QB.
    -CB Antonio Cromartie played decently. There were a couple of times where he should have been under the receiver, not over. He had good coverage on OBJ but I think we all know it is hard to defend a force beyond nature lol.
    -I rarely saw plays thrown in CB Patrick Peterson’s direction other than the dropped interception. He is still feared in the NFL and I’m glad QBs are.
    -Justin Bethel looked good on that missed FG Block opportunity earlier I’m the game but I saw him play some corner in the so it was nice to see him get some reps in that position.
    -I think every person that is an Arizona Cardinals fan booed when seeing Seahawks in the stadium but might as well root for them. I predicted every playoff game wrong this season literally and I have high hopes in cheering for the Seahawks for the W even though I am basing my hopes on pure unluckiness.

3. By Dave Chaney on Jan 26, 2015 | Reply

I have always tried to be a realist when it comes to the Cards since I have gone through so many down seasons and it is difficult for me to imagine the team being a true contender year after year. Bruce Arians first two seasons have been spectacular to say the least. Steve Keim deserves an executive of the year award with the magnificent way he has built this team and Michael Bidwill is moving farther and farther away from being anything like a clone of his tightwad dad. However, as usual there will be numerous question surrounding this team for next season. Who will replace Todd Bowles and will he be any good? Once again a big name individual (Dick LeBeau) has supposedly given the Cards a thumbs down. How many FA’s will we lose and gain? Will Daryl Washington play in 2015? Will Larry Fitzgeral remain a Card? Will Carson Palmer totally recover and stay healthy next year? That’s enough for now, but as you die hard fans see, putting aside our great season, there are many question marks for next year.

4. By John The Draft Guy on Jan 26, 2015 | Reply

Went to the Pro Bowl last night.

Campbell was the king as he got the loudest cheers. Proud of the nest letting him know we appreciate him.

As for the Hawks, yes, you could not even hear them speak over the Boos. They seemed frustrated. OK, maybe I am a little sick, but I sure enjoyed that too.

As for the game, don’t think I will go to another Pro Bowl in my life. Not that exciting and the hitting was very light.

5. By Patrick Hoog aka Don't Take Losses on Jan 26, 2015 | Reply

Read that attendance was 63k, did it look like that many to you?

6. By Andrew on Jan 26, 2015 | Reply

Booing the Pro-Bowlers is a little bitter and bush league.

7. By D on Jan 26, 2015 | Reply

Jim Schwartz? He runs a 4-3 def and asks his players to carry him off the field (Buffalo at Det this past season) No Thank You.

Already tired of Seahawk players saying stupid stuff…Sunday can’t get here soon enough…

Darren, guessing with Belicheck walking around the facility tomorrow they probably are making you work from “remote location” soon….

8. By authormbeyer on Jan 26, 2015 | Reply

Love the Cardinals, hate the Seahawks… I would rather have not had the boos, though. I certainly understand them, especially for the way they rolled over the Cards and miracled the Packers to death.

9. By John The Draft Guy on Jan 26, 2015 | Reply

DTL,

It seemed very crowded. Felt like a sell out (not sure if it was or not)

10. By Darren Urban on Jan 26, 2015 | Reply

JTDG, DTL —

RE: Pro Bowl

It was a sellout. More than 63,000 tickets distributed.

11. By clssylssy on Jan 26, 2015 | Reply

The Probowl is an exhibition game and people who don’t get that shouldn’t go then whine about it. It is what it is– basically a celebrity flag football game for the purpose of seeing the stars having some fun tossing the ball around while schmoozing with their league counterparts… no more, no less; it’s not meant to be competitive (no blitzing, no kickoff, etc.). This year the NFL capitalized on having it here in Phoenix, putting more money into their pockets while making it a pre-SB attraction while cutting the expense of sending the guys to Hawaii. I think it’s pretty good entertainment if you’re a football fan, but I also like the other All-Star games besides football; it was a pretty good bonus, perhaps to counter the lame halftime show with Katy Perry (better to make Lenny Kravitz the headliner). My biggest concern is this nagging voice telling me this is the future of today’s NFL in which there are more rules, changes to the basic structure of the game, less competition, and it’s modeled after a fantasy video game. Our stadium did look amazing and I was proud to have our guys representing.
    I am a little concerned that there has been no further word on who the Cards are getting to fill the staff vacancies as this directly relates to the coming season and I believe is of more interest to Cards fans than the Superbowl (I believe Michael Bidwill stated in an interview that he didn’t want team personnel issues to detract from the event?!!)
    On a different note, perhaps Coach BA should consider adding Rob Chudzinski to his staff before the 9ers grab him. He might be able to help with our continuing problem with TEs as we don’t seem to know how to defend against them or how to use them optimally
    Will be cheering for the Hawks and don’t really understand the haters, should be an amazing game either way.

12. By Phxrick on Jan 26, 2015 | Reply

You lost all credibility the second you mentioned .. rooting for the hags! Should have put that sentence at the beginning. It would have saved me the hastle of reading your thread. .

13. By Scott H on Jan 27, 2015 | Reply

JTDG –

IMHO, I think they should do away with the Pro Bowl GAME altogether. It is a dud and there is just nothing they can do with it that will make it any better. Doesn’t matter where or when they play it. And the fact that so many of the players themselves bail out of it every year speaks volumes. Cleary, they don’t want to be bothered by it, either.

I think they should keep the balloting and they should still designate the top vote-getters as Pro Bowl starters. They should still be recognized as Pro Bowlers. But WHY does there have to be a game??? Truth it, there doesn’t. After a grueling season, these guys aren’t interested in playing for real or risking injury.

Keep the Pro Bowl concept. Lose the game.

Team Irvin vs Team Carter??? It’s come to this? Really??? That is a damn shame.

14. By Bohefus on Jan 28, 2015 | Reply

“Will be cheering for the Hawks and don’t really understand the haters, should be an amazing game either way”.

Huh? As a Cardinals fan I can’t fathom cheering for them in any way. I would rather see any other team in the Super Bowl. Doesn’t matter who the other team is.
    Insert any other team vs them and I root for them.

2. Jan 26, 2015: Arizona Cardinals news 1/26: Pro Bowl, missed interception, booing Seahawks | nflfans247.net
  3. Jan 26, 2015: Calais Campbell Injury: Updates on Cardinals Star's Sports Hernia and Recovery — PureFootballPureFootball — Your source for everything about football! — News and tweets about everything football — Football scores, news, NFL
  4. Jan 26, 2015: Calais Campbell Injury: Updates on Cardinals Star's Sports Hernia and Recovery - Distinct Athlete
  5. Jan 26, 2015: Calais Campbell Injury: Updates on Cardinals Star's Sports Hernia and Recovery - Sportsupdated
  6. Jan 26, 2015: Calais Campbell Injury: Updates on Cardinals Star's Sports Hernia and Recovery – Sportz Report
  7. Jan 26, 2015: Calais Campbell Injury: Updates on Cardinals Star's Sports Hernia and Recovery - sportunate
  8. Jan 26, 2015: Calais Campbell Injury: Updates on Cardinals Star’s Sports Hernia and Recovery | nflfans247.net
  9. Feb 10, 2015: Cardinals Blogs | Campbell has successful surgery
  10. Feb 25, 2015: Calais Campbell Injury: Updates on Cardinals Star's Sports Hernia and Recovery - Yackity Yack Sports - Yackity Yack Sports