Peterson makes his move for Madden cover

Posted by Darren Urban on May 5, 2015 – 9:06 am

Patrick Peterson is one of four finalists for the cover of Madden ’16, and the window for voting is a small one. It’s also not a straight vote; it includes signing on to Madden NFL Mobile (all the details can be found here.) Peterson joins Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr., Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski and Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown as the four candidates.

The Cardinals have had one Madden cover boy previously — Larry Fitzgerald shared the honor with Steelers safety Troy Polamalu on Madden ’10.

PPcover

Tags: , , , ,

19 Responses to “Peterson makes his move for Madden cover”

1. By JohnnyBluenose on May 5, 2015 | Reply

Scott H….are you planning on going to the game in philly?

2. By Brad oneill on May 5, 2015 | Reply

The vote will be split between gronkowskis az fans and peterson kind of a shame they both are up at same time is love to see both.

3. By Dynosoar on May 5, 2015 | Reply

It’s nice to see the Cardinals having respect and exposure.

4. By Scott H on May 5, 2015 | Reply

JohnnyBluenose –

Well, it would NEVER be as cool as coming to a game out there, but I am going to try to be there for that one. It’s in Dec, so…out here in Philly, weather could be pretty nasty. But the prospect of seeing my Cardinals beat the damn Eagles is always appealing!

5. By Marlin on May 5, 2015 | Reply

Carlson’s retirement…..any info on whether or not it was a surprise to the organization?

6. By Marlin on May 5, 2015 | Reply

Carlson’s retirement give is a couple million in cap space. We’re going to need another tight end…..and some corner help.

7. By Marlin on May 5, 2015 | Reply

Any word on when we might hear something about Washington’s potential reinstatement?

8. By Darren Urban on May 5, 2015 | Reply

Marlin —

RE: Dwash

I’d figure we’d know by the end of the month.

9. By Patrick Hoog aka Don't Take Losses on May 5, 2015 | Reply

Prescient pick at #7 for Cards as Carlson retires…?

10. By Scott H on May 5, 2015 | Reply

Man….I gotta say….based on LAST season, I really don’t even understand how PP is a consideration for the Madden cover. Even as a Cardinals fan, I would give it to any of these other guys over Peterson.

Again, I say this based on last season ( which, apparently, is what this is always based on ). What I would LOVE to see is PP return to a level of play that WOULD justify his placement on the Madden cover NEXT year. Perhaps letting him go back to returning a few kicks might help…..

It was SOOOOO cool to see Fitz on the cover a few years back! The Steelers may have won the big game but there was NO player that was more dominant at that time than Fitz was. As Steelers would go at that time, I thought James Harrison would have been the better choice for that cover, especially after his big INT return in the SB. IMHO, THAT was the play that killed us. And who almost caught him at the goal line? FITZ!!!

11. By rod on May 5, 2015 | Reply

I think Odel is going to run away with it.

12. By Richard S on May 5, 2015 | Reply

I just went through Josh Weinfuss’s writeup on the undrafted free agents. The guy who stands out of me, is Zach Wagenmann, LB, Montana, 6’3″ 250 lbs. 17.5 sacks in a year. The Cardinals could sure use a sackmaster. Hope he’s the guy.

13. By Chuck 1 on May 5, 2015 | Reply

14. By Brian Dragos on May 5, 2015 | Reply

Peterson didn’t even play after the Detroit game?

15. By carlo milano on May 5, 2015 | Reply

for the season he had could believe he was the cover man last year

16. By Dr. G. on May 5, 2015 | Reply

ScottH… Madden’s people are naive to consider PP; I always thought this was an honor. In that he is considered, it makes guys like Julio Jones look like Superman…there are more WRs if PP is the standard..!

Darren… re: Marlin’s inquiry… Can’t find anything on DWash since 4/17… Please remind us again the earliest date he could reapply, and the date he was suspended. And, will a test be required the day he applies? If I were him, I would post a boast to let people know I am back clean with a new attitude…but gotta be clean to do it…. Thank you…

17. By Darren Urban on May 5, 2015 | Reply

Dr. G —

RE: DWash

I am guessing we will know something by the end of this month. We already passed the earliest date he could apply for reinstatement.

18. By Chuck 1 on May 5, 2015 | Reply

For those who didn’t click the link of my post above, here is an extract from the article:

NFC West draft grades: Arizona Cardinals snap up athletic haul

By Bucky Brooks
    NFL Media analyst
    Published: May 5, 2015 at 12:14 p.m.
    Updated: May 5, 2015 at 06:15 p.m.

Team grades
    ARIZONA CARDINALS: GRADE: B+
    ST. LOUIS RAMS: GRADE: B
    SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: GRADE: B-
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS: GRADE: C+

Granted, it’s one man’s opinion, but at least the draft doesn’t appear to be a disaster that some fans claimed it to be.

19. By Cardsfan1 on May 6, 2015 | Reply

I don’t think pp should be on cover regardless his season was not all that great he got records set on him , he’s a very good player don’t get me wrong I just think the season he had wasn’t productive enough to get that honor , but on the other hand the madden cover curse and go to another team with me being a HUGE cardinals fan , but I don’t not wish injury on anyone , just a bad season or game against us !