Adrian Wilson ROH ceremony comes against Niners

Posted by Darren Urban on July 20, 2015 – 11:15 am

It’s been known for a long time that Adrian Wilson would be going into the team’s Ring of Honor — not just from when he retired earlier this offseason, but from the day the team released him in 2013 — but now we know exactly when. Wilson’s ceremony will come at halftime of this season’s home game against the 49ers on Sept. 27.

Unlike the two previous ROH inductees in Kurt Warner and Aeneas Williams, Wilson is already constantly around the team. No official job has been announced, but Wilson was at every day of the summer OTAs and minicamp helping out with the secondary and learning from General Manager Steve Keim.

Wilson will be the 15th member of the Cardinals’ Ring of Honor. The other 14: Warner, Williams, owner Charles W. Bidwill, Sr., coach Jimmy Conzelman, tackle Dan Dierdorf,  halfback John “Paddy” Driscoll, halfback/defensive back Marshall Goldberg, cornerback Dick “Night Train” Lane, halfback Ollie Matson, halfback Ernie Nevers, safety Pat Tillman, halfback Charley Trippi, cornerback Roger Wehrli, and safety Larry Wilson.

WilsonDateROH

Tags: ,

17 Responses to “Adrian Wilson ROH ceremony comes against Niners”

1. By D on Jul 20, 2015 | Reply

A review of those names in the Ring…thinking back to the St. Louis days, guessing Jackie Smith may have burned some bridges with the club…because he was in 5 or 6 straight pro bowls and a good TE.

Gresham is coming off back surgery, guessing the team will do an extensive medical on him…but if healthy I could see him being signed as the 4th TE..

2. By Scott H on Jul 20, 2015 | Reply

That is awesome. There could hardly be a better addition to ANYONE’S ROH than Adrian Wilson. As far as I am concerned, he helped build this house. And he was an integral part of the success this team has seen since this house opened 10 years ago. Wherever I am that day, my heart will be going out to UoP stadium.

I like that there are so many players from the very recent past that are either in or WILL be going in. Warner and Wilson are in and they were both a given. Fitz will be there someday. In my humble opinion, Boldin should be there as well. I know there were some issues between him and the organization and it wasn’t good between them at the end, but….I believe that the current up-swing this team has been on for the last decade or so began with him – the character and the toughness he brought. I think it started there.

Dansby WOULD have been another guy to go in if he had stayed here.

Campbell COULD be another guy to go in if he DOES stay here.

3. By Dynosoar on Jul 20, 2015 | Reply

Roy Green should be in the Ring of Honor.

4. By BirdsSTC on Jul 20, 2015 | Reply

That’s my boy. Love you A-Dub. I will be there.

5. By cardcor on Jul 20, 2015 | Reply

Have to think Larry Centers should be in there as well.

6. By Richard S on Jul 20, 2015 | Reply

Jackie Smith, Sonny Randle, some of the names I can recall from my childhood. Jackie would bowl over defensive backs. Adrian certainly deserves to be in the ring of honor.

7. By Corgon on Jul 20, 2015 | Reply

How cool could be a coach in a stadium where youre name is on the ring. The Gas man earned it! 25/25! Yeeeah!

8. By JohnnyBluenose on Jul 20, 2015 | Reply

@Scott H….I like Boldin and I expect him to eventually make the HOF. But by the time he is done he will have played half of his career elsewhere. I know Warner played elsewhere too but, unlike Boldin, Warner finished here. I’m not opposed to Boldin getting into the ROH. I just don’t think it will happen.

9. By CreditCard on Jul 20, 2015 | Reply

Ooh-rah for Mr. Wilson. Well deserved.

10. By georgiebird on Jul 20, 2015 | Reply

Have watched Cardinals’ games nearly the past 60 years. Have watched Wehrli, Williams and the Wilsons. The best defensive back the Cardinals have had is Pat Fischer. Fischer made numerous1st and 2nd team All NFL teams in the 60’s and 70’s.
    He was lost in free agency to the Redskins (mid career) where he went on to become a legend especially in the playoffs and SB.
    One Cardinals db to shut down a receiver- little Pat Fischer.

11. By Eazy E on Jul 21, 2015 | Reply

Still my favorite defensive player since becoming a Cardinal fan in ’04!

12. By cobra on Jul 21, 2015 | Reply

Why isn’t Roy Green in the ROH?

13. By Unc Cheats on Jul 21, 2015 | Reply

Great job Adrian! Go Pack!

14. By cardsSB50 on Jul 21, 2015 | Reply

In lite of having just watched the 2014 highlights on the NFL Network, Arians remarked after the 2nd Rams game that the Nation seen a “good Defense” that night “and it was in red and white”. He made these comments In spite of all the talk and hype about the Rams defense. We all remeber that. So try this out. The Red, White and BRUSE Defense.

I feel something Epic coming with this team in the very near future!!!

Go Cards!!!!!!!

15. By Eric G on Jul 21, 2015 | Reply

That video of A-dub brought back a lot of memories of the man. Still puzzles me how no one has let him suit up of the last few years and play. Man was a beast.

16. By Scott H on Jul 22, 2015 | Reply

JohnnyBlueNose –

Re: Boldin spending more than half his career elsewhere

Yeah, I was thinking of that even as I was writing my last post. Valid point and that I could see where that might make him less appropriate than some others. The ROH needs to be a place for truly special players, so…..we can’t put everyone in.

Good point about Warner as well. But he has to be there in that ring. No way he can’t be there. The Cardinals do NOT get to that SB in 2008 if he’s not the QB. And he truly embraced being a Cardinal. He needed a home after that one year with the Giants, a team that still believed in him and would give him a chance to be a starter again after it looked like he might not have it any more. The Cardinals gave him that and I think that meant a lot to him.

17. By joe67 on Jul 22, 2015 | Reply

Jackie Smith, Jim Hart and Roy Green. All should be there sometime.