Floyd says Palmer’s arm is “stronger”

Posted by Darren Urban on July 31, 2015 – 3:01 pm

One interesting thing that came out of the interview session today was from wide receiver Michael Floyd, who took part in Carson Palmer’s workouts in southern California in July. Floyd said he thinks Palmer’s arm “is a lot stronger.” That’s interesting. You’d think that would bode well for his reconstructed knee that Palmer is able to get the base and torque to throw the ball harder than before.

Palmer, who is scheduled to speak to the media tomorrow, is full-go for camp, coach Bruce Arians said. More importantly, Arians said Palmer’s workload in the preseason games isn’t expected to be much different than any other preseason — meaning there will be no limitations because of his knee. Of course, Palmer won’t play a ton of preseason snaps — Arians said he knows what Palmer can do in a game — but he would have had that attitude even if Palmer hadn’t gotten hurt.

Palmerarmblog

Tags:

13 Responses to “Floyd says Palmer’s arm is “stronger””

1. By rod on Jul 31, 2015 | Reply

Color me excited for this news and the season.

Hard to believe, that last two seasons were rebuilding mode and still were great seasons!

No reason to think that this IS the future if the cards and even if we strike out in the draft for QBs Keim will keep bringing in “Palmer’s”.

I luuuuv it!!

2. By rod on Jul 31, 2015 | Reply

Edit : No reason NOT to think

3. By Dr. G. on Jul 31, 2015 | Reply

Soon we will know if Coach will follow with his plan to give Logan “”LOTS”” of practice time and pre-season games to satisfy the value of his selection.

With all the QBs in camp, it seems unlikely that Logan will get the time and attention Coach says he would get to move forward…seems unfortunate with the physical assets he possesses…

Realizing that camp needs extra QBs for effective practice, I am still hopeful that he gets a fair shot here, not somewhere else…!! Not ready for another TE yet…

I am eager to go to camp when the pads go on… later Cards’ Fans…

4. By azdesertrat1953 on Jul 31, 2015 | Reply

Here we GO!
    Aug. 1, 2015 is here!
    On to “Camp Cupcake”!

Bruce Arians you really know how to keep the Cards Red Sea Happy and Amused.
    Thank You.

GO CARDS!!!

5. By Big Ken on Aug 1, 2015 | Reply

It’s really a crossroad for Logan. He’ll get lots of practice time until he gets on the coaches last nerve.

6. By cards62 on Aug 1, 2015 | Reply

I really think Carson wants a Super Bowl Ring of his very own and this is all he desires from the remainder of his football career. I sure hope he wins one and bring us Cardinal Fans our first ring. It did not end well for Carson in Cincinnati, and of course Oakland is Oakland, so I think Carson is really enjoying playing for BA and our Cardinals and Carson is only 35 so I think with our improved line he can play for us for 3 to 4 more years. Really glad he is our QB. Hope he can stay healthy all year and our offense will be Super Bowl Capable.
    Rod I agree with you that if there is a Palmer or Warner out there Steve Keim will find them for us, but my friend getting a Palmer or Warner is rare as mostly you find Derek Anderson’s and Kevin Kolb’s out there. I really think we can keep Palmer for 3 more years, but injuries happen every day so lets not tempt fate we really need to draft or trade for a young QB asap. I know they were no Aaron Rodgers but it was nice having Jake Plummer and Neil Lomax and watching them grow with our Cardinals. Look how long Green Bay is set and now Seattle with Russell Wilson at QB. (Really like Russell but Seattle way overpaid him which will mean less talent on Seattle for future years. Thank you Cam Newton who Carolina way over paid.)

Go Carson and go Cards

7. By Don on Aug 1, 2015 | Reply

I’m soooo hyped!!
    I think realistically Palmer is good for 2 more years, possibly 3. As badly as I want a ring for my team I want it even more for Fitz and Palmer. Two great players, two truly good people who have had the talent through their careers to have earned rings, at least 1. Fitz could have left years ago, a team like the patriots or Seattle would have welcomed him with open arms and a fat pay check. His dedication to this team deserves loyalty and a ring!
    While I’m giving up hope on Logan we really need a young quarterback to take us through the next 5-9 years.

8. By John The Draft Guy on Aug 1, 2015 | Reply

#AZCardinals HC @BruceArians has 1 expectation: “Put a ring on the finger. Nothing else is going to be successful or acceptable.”

Can’t agree more Bruce. Best tweet I have seen.

9. By Scott H on Aug 1, 2015 | Reply

hey, it’s all about that base! So, good to know that Palmer’s lower half is providing the base / torque to allow the upper half to do what it does. Palmer still has one of the biggest arms in the league. And we sure do have the weapons to take advantage of that. Looking forward to the big plays! And that means I’m looking forward to Floyd NOT dis-appearing for entire games like he did last year. That was very strange and very frustrating.

10. By Big Ken on Aug 1, 2015 | Reply

Break out year for Floyd?

11. By Scott H on Aug 2, 2015 | Reply

Big Ken –

Amen to that, brother! Would LOVE to see a breakout year from Floyd. Have mentioned a number of times that I have to wonder if Fitz is kept here if Floyd has a breakout year in 2014. Sure, I’m damn glad that Fitz IS still here ( because I harbor the hope that will be here for a SB ring ) but I don’t want that to be necessary because other players at the WR position are not stepping up.

Floyd stepped BACK last year and I found that frustrating. Yeah, the QB situation became a bit of an asterick for the entire offense at some point, but even before Palmer went down, Floyd was just not doing what he is clearly capable of. I want to see him start 2015 where he left off at the end of 2013 and then never look back.

Granted, if Ellington and Johnson are both healthy and operating as a good tandem, that should keep the offense more balanced and that might mean the WR’s are not gonna have monster years and that might just be more than OK with me ( if the team is winning ). Regardless, we KNOW BA likes to take his shots for the big plays and Floyd seems to be the perfect target for those.

12. By Scott H on Aug 3, 2015 | Reply

RE: “if Ellington and Johnson are both healthy….”

And just like that, right on cue, we hear that one left practice after pulling up after a run and the other is getting limited reps. Sigh…..

2. Aug 1, 2015: Cardinals Blogs | More than 11 starters, “too dumb” and other notes