Chiefs aftermath

Posted by Darren Urban on August 15, 2015 – 10:52 pm

There will be frustration of missing tackles and poor plays from Saturday night, but there is a reason teams have 90 men on the roster now and when the games count there are 53 — many of those guys who were playing and struggling won’t be play this time next month. That’s why you look at what the Cards did at the start, both with their offense and defense, and if you are Bruce Arians, you have to be generally pleased. That and there were no serious injuries, and in the end, that might be the most important thing to come out of any preseason game.

Before it gets too late, a few thoughts after the opener — understanding there are still two week of training camp left. And three preseason games. We’re still a long way from anything counting.

— Carson Palmer was sharp, smart and altogether untouched. “I could’ve hitched three or four times on any of the passes we threw tonight,” he said. “Very clean pocket.” This gets repeated often yet can’t be understated: If Palmer is healthy and performs like this, the Cards will be in good shape.

— It didn’t take long for Andre Ellington to show what he can do, even after the hamstring issues kept him out of practice. No, he shouldn’t have been caught — “I just need to get my cardio back up” — but again, he’ll be the main guy in the backfield because of what he showed.

— Who will join him back there is still up in the air. Chris Johnson is coming in Sunday for his physical/tryout. Again, he’d have to be signed and he’d have to show well, but he could still be Ellington’s mate back there. The run game still only produced 2.8 yards a carry Saturday.

— The Chiefs went after Justin Bethel, starting for Jerraud Powers, on the very first play. Bethel was there to break it up. The Cards need Bethel to play well at cornerback. They are very thin there beyond Patrick Peterson and Powers. Jimmy Legree, the one who looked like he might have an inside track at a roster spot this summer, struggled.

— In the first salvo of the punting battle, Dave Zastudil’s night was four punts, 40.5 average, 35.3 net. I’d guess Drew Butler will punt next week against the Chargers.

— I thought Logan Thomas looked better in the game than he has at practice. Which is a good thing.

— The Chiefs’ lineman turned the wrong way to let Rodney Gunter blow past him, but Gunter showed impressive quickness to blaze into the backfield for that safety. Gunter is going to be someone to watch.

— That said, while I’d need to watch the replay of the game, there weren’t any of the non-draftees that really stood out to me as guys that popped, other than maybe Jaxon Shipley on his returns and one catch — and it’s hard to see Shipley as anything more that a practice squad guy given who is in front of him.

— The Cardinals are off until Monday, and like last Monday, do not have a morning walkthrough. The next time Arians will address the media is Monday afternoon. We’ll see if the Cards have a new running back by then.

EllAfterblog

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

55 Responses to “Chiefs aftermath”

1. By Steve . on Aug 15, 2015 | Reply

Nice post game Darren, I didn’t get to see the game. Did you get a chance to see Golden play and how did he do?

2. By Darren Urban on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

Steve —

RE: Golden

Which one?

3. By Roger V on Aug 15, 2015 | Reply

How do you write an article about “aftermath” and not even mention the obvious that most people on fb seemed to notice no problem? Yea no kidding it will be a 53 man roster, the question is, other then the 1st series with the starters, why did the Cardinals play like a high school football team? Terrible. It must be coaching. Why didn’t Chiefs 2nd and 3rd stringers play horrible? They will also be a 53 man team.

4. By Areg on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

Without taking into account today’s game I’m quite worried about the cb position as a whole. I understand that pp and Mathieu will be solid but powers seems like a good slot corner and a below average outside corner. He struggled 2 years ago and I keep hearing his camp hasn’t been too hot.

Guys this might sound crazy but would Mathieu be any good as an outside corner or will size be an issue? Darren your take?

5. By Austen on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

What did Edwin Jackson look like? Saw that he had 4 tackles.

6. By Darren Urban on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

Austen —

RE: Edwin Jackson

He didn’t get into the game until later. But I didn’t have a chance to look at him closely.

7. By jeffcardinalfan on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

living in Missouri I’m a mizzou fan as well as a longtime card fan-was great to see markus golden make a few plays…why chase Daniel is not a starter in nfl I cant figure out..yes he is only 5’11”, maybe closer to 5’10’ but he has shown repeatedly that he can play…he is certainly better than some of the qb starters around the league. not just in preseason either, he has played well during regular season in limited time…just mho.

8. By cards62 on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

Overall very pleased with first game. Palmer sharp and first team scores and have a turnover. Cannot do any better than that, and seems like we had just a couple of minor injuries.I did think Logan T. had a good game and could have been better if his receivers would have did their jobs. The Shipley kid woke me up a little bit also so will pay more attention to him this preseason.

The poor was our second and third team defense and we once again did not run the ball well, also still worried about our punting game. We were missing guys on defense and it is early yet for the defense and running the ball so stay positive Cardinals. If we can keep Palmer healthy and most of our WR and few key guys on oline healthy I think we will be able to compete with anyone this year.

Lets get healthy and stay healthy and this will be another great year for our Cardinals.

9. By Patrick Hoog aka Don't Take Losses on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

Carson aside, Daniel was best player on field. Bravo Eric Berry.

Cup half full: so many mistakes lots on which to coach hard.

Heard from Arians: lack of aggressiveness after 1st unit was disappointing…

10. By C on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

Simms popped off the screen for me. His game reminds me a lot of a “poor man’s” Kaepernick. Would like to see him get more meaningful time and potentially make the practice squad. Thomas was serviceable, but still seems to have impressed more of the media than he did me. Maybe he’s just that bad in practice. Gunter also passed the eye test for me in a big way. Raw, but absolutely explosive. Buckner will coach that kid up and he’ll be a beast!

11. By Big Ken on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

I thought Sims threw the ball well, but Logan is making a case for himself. Love the competition.

12. By shane on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

Do you think they might sign back alfonzo dennard im just kinda confused too why they let go of him before training camp even started.. he was pretty good in new england & definitely better than jimmy legree .

13. By Darren Urban on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

Shane —

RE: Dennard

He is not coming back.

14. By O L on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

First teams looked in good shape which we expect nothing less maybe a few wrinkles to iron out. Now, second team we have a problem with our depth at corner. There was very sloppy man coverage. The sloppiness made Chase look elite. Other problem I could see which everyone else is overlooking is Logan’s performance. He can not look off wr’s. Where he looks is where he throws. Sure he had a nice run. Now look at this. Sims never took off running. Why? Because he is trying to make a case for himself. As for the numbers Logan had better numbers. As for Sims completions a good chunk of passes were dropped. The td throw Sims checked out of his first options scanned the field and went to his left for the Td. Logan does not have the skill set Sims does.

15. By Big Ken on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

Yeah Carson Palmer and the first string just looked stellar. Carson went 4 for 4.

16. By Jimbowan on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

I really like Simms. Imagine if he got his eyes fixed and spent a full year with the Cards. I think he would be far more advanced than Thomas. LT has the perfect build and a cannon for an arm, but he lacks the natural qb skills that Simm’s seems to possess. The media seems to be giving Logan a lot of credit for not falling on his face. I feel like the game just moves too fast for Logan. Simm’s will never make our practice squad, he will be a backup somewhere in the league this year. I also thought Stanton looked rusty as heck and the run game was pathetic as always, sheesh.

17. By Jimbowan on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

Oops. I just realized it’s Sims not Simms. My bad.

18. By Steve . on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

Darren: Markus Golden, sorry.

19. By Darren Urban on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

Steve —

RE: Markus Golden

I thought he flashed but he still had moments where he was losing contain. He’s headed in the right direction.

20. By William Barry on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

Golden looked good, gunter looked impressive even on defense, and his sack for a safety; Jaxson Shipley looked like he should be our kick returner….he looked great and has deceptive speed and quickness. First team looked good.

21. By Scott H on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

I’m sorry, but there is actually a competition between Zastudil and Butler???? OK, I need for someone to help me because there is obviously something I am not getting here.

Zastudil has been one of the best punters in the league for the last few years. Went to a Pro Bowl during that time. Led the league in punts inside the 20 a couple of times. Has just been a machine as a punter.

And Butler was – at least when I was watching – basically awful last season for this team. Seriously. AWFUL. Way too many punts blocked and way too many times he couldn’t even get it past the 50 when punting from our side of the field. Again – AWFUL.

So…..WHERE IS THE COMPETITION HERE???

Look, I get that Zastudil can’t be the ONLY punter in camp because he can’t wear out his leg BEING the only punter in camp. Sure, it would be a basic necessity that there be another guy or two around to share the work, just as there has to be several QB’s. Got that. But when I hear the word “competition” being used in conjunction with Butler’s name…..I get real nervous.

Need someone to talk me off the ledge, here – can I feel assured there is no REAL competition and assume that as long as Zastudil is healthy, there IS no REAL competition??

Anyone?

Geez….first pre-season game and I’m focused on the punter.

22. By jvalkos on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

I am just curious about injuries in camp. Please correct me if I am wrong or just missing something, but I don’t recall players having as many hamstring injuries and such under Strength Coach John Lott. I’m not taking anything away from Coach Morris. What gives?

23. By Darren Urban on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

jvalkos —

RE: Injuries

I’d have to look. I don’t remember this many period. There weren’t this many the last two years under Arians.

24. By Austin Avalos on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

Hey Cardinals Fan I’m AZ born and bred and recently opened up a website writing about NFL Action out of my pure love for the game. Check out my recent article on last night’s ‪#‎Cardinals‬ / ‪#‎Chiefs‬ Game !!!!!! Let me know what you think with comments !!

25. By Scott H on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

Just got back last night from vacation, so I’ve missed a lot. Nice to see Ellington being able to show us something in this game. But I’m not exhaling on him yet. Not by a long shot. Hamstring issues are just too prone to linger – especially for a RB who is apparently being counted on for a considerable workload this season. Hey, I love the kid and I want to see him do well. But as long as the hammy issue continues to limit him and IF there is truly no one else at RB to offer a REAL complement? We’re on thin ice with Ellington. Go ahead and pile on the thumbs-downs if ya think I’m being negative. I’m just drawing from the REALITY of last year.

Where Weatherspoon is concerned……I ain’t even holding my breath any more for him. What is the point? He seems about as valid an option right now as Washington does. I mean…..he was worth a shot but…..I see us getting little – if anything at all – out of this guy. And that is a problem if we continue to be without Washington.

26. By krehbieo14 on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

IMO, based on last night’s showing, we need to check the wire for CB and ILB depth or look to trade.

27. By jaime on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

tighten up that defense and for god sake teach them to TACKLE!!!!

28. By John The Draft Guy on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

My Take;

Darren has said it a million times and I will echo it. Palmer stays healthy and this team will be good. This offense will be so explosive as long as Palmer is kept clean.

That leads to the second topic. the 2nd group of Sowell, Larsen, Sendlin, Watford and Humphries looked like a starting unit. Which goes to show how good this first unit can be. The run game must improved and that could happen with the arrival of Chris Johnson. Also , more work will help.

An example, the play before the Td, Iupati pulls and is going to go between a hole of Massie and Cooper. Instead, penetration causes Iupati to miss the block and Cooper initially blows his guy off the ball but the guy slides off Cooper and the guys combine on stopping Ellington. It looks like they come right back with the same run, the guys make their blocks and Ellington falls into the endzone. I think if they keep working on running the ball, it will happen.

On defense;
    Bettcher is much different than Bowles. Hopefully it is not signs to come. What I am getting at is all the zone play he did. Arians has always said play aggressive and play bump and run, blitz the QB. What I saw was cover 2’s cover 3’s. On the first TD, we rushed 3 and played an 8 man zone. Hate that !!
    Maybe he doesn’t want to show stuff, but I am not sold on what I saw out of Bettcher.

29. By Dr. G. on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

If Logan ran with the 1st team, everyone would be singing his praises. He saved the play a couple times with his athletic prowess. He made the 2nd and 3rd stringers better than reality will show in review.

Kinda reminds me of Elway with the Howitzer…one cannot catch the ball with your sternum! But to help receivers, he may learn how to temper the velocity a bit when necessary. Even when our WR ran the wrong route, the defender kinda ducked from a heater that may have been intercepted. Repeating, many teams would love to have him. Any detractors are simply mistaken… this man has a future that could surprise, not just “”service”” as was posted… Be well, Cards Fans…it’s football.!!

30. By Crow on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

hey darren what are the possibilities of the cards keeping 3 qbs on the active roster and either sims or thomas on the practice squad?

31. By Darren Urban on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

Crow —

RE: QBs

They will not keep 4 total QBs.

32. By Scott H on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

Darren –

About this Shipley kid….if he continues to make plays at WR AND ( most importantly ) on punt returns throughout the pre-season, do you see him landing a job here? Gotta tell ya, the kid looks like he can play. Always hate it when others do this but I can’t help thinking of Wes Welker as I watch this kid. And if he is capable of being that kind of player….how do you NOT have room for a guy like that?

Again, I loved what he did on punt returns. After what we endured last year, it was a sight for sore eyes to see somebody in a Cardinals uniform making some nifty moves and taking it up the field! I swear, we must have led the league in fair catches at the 10 yard line last season.

33. By Darren Urban on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

Scott H —

RE: Shipley

Still a lot of preseason to go. But as I mentioned, I think he’s more likely a PS possibility.

34. By Canadian Redbird on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

I’m with you on the punters Scott H. Butler is nothing short of terrible. We need to pay more attention to this serious area of need especially with Zasty being prone to injury.

What’s your thoughts on our punting situation Darren?

35. By Darren Urban on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

Canadian —

RE: Punting

My thoughts are Butler was terrible in the playoff game. But he wasn’t terrible the rest of the season. He might not have been Zastudil at his peak, but he wasn’t terrible. I also think we will see this play out — if Butler outperforms Zastudil in preseason games, I think that’s the way the Cards will go.

36. By NJAzCardsFan on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

Cut Bettcher some slack… It was his first game as a DC…

Thomas should be more advanced at this point in his career. I still think he was a wasted draft choice.

Any news on Chris Johnson yet???

I had to listen to the game on the radio thru the internet. After the first team left the field it was pretty sad……

37. By Jimbowan on Aug 16, 2015 | Reply

I think they should cut or to trade for Stanton. He only has one year left on his contract and he will never be a solid starter. If Logan is the qb of the future, he will never reach his full potential as a third stringer. I know last year was a disaster, but the Cards need to look to the future. Stanton is a .500 qb at best. Cut him loose and give Logan the reps or even better give them to Sims. I prefer Sims myself, but that’s neither here nor there. There just not enough quality snaps in practice to develop a third string qb, especially once the season starts.

38. By John The Draft Guy on Aug 17, 2015 | Reply

Dr G,

Logan = Elway????? Really. There is nothing in his game that reminds me of the HOF, #1 overall pick, and super bowl champ QB. He has a strong arm, thats it, the comparison is over..

As for the performance, he did OK. Not bad, not good. He couldn’t sustain drives and put no points on the board. He did make some very nice passes also. He should have given up a pick 6 but the LB dropped the ball. He also made a few wrong reads.By now, that shouldn’t still be happening.On the int he did throw, he was not at fault. Jaron Brown dropped the ball.

I seen this before. Everyone was excited about his first game last year. Even BA bragged a bit about him. Then he went backwards to the point that he couldn’t start over Lindley. That is his knock. Inconsistent from game to game. Let’s just see.

Jimbowan;

Trade Stanton? Well I thought that in the offseason as we would draft a QB. But there is no way I trade Stanton with Thomas behind Palmer. none. If we would have grabbed Bridgewater or Carr in the 2014 draft, Stanton would be gone. But Thomas as #2? Does anyone feel comfortable about that?

39. By John The Draft Guy on Aug 17, 2015 | Reply

Scott H,

Oh the potential of Weatherspoon and Washington playing side by side, flying around making tackles and blitzing the QB.

Potential gets coaches fired. At this point, I agree, don’t hold your breath. If the make it back great, if they are out, move on with the guys you have. Let’s face it Kenny Demens makes more tackles than a hurt Weatherspoon and Carlson makes more plays than a suspended Washington.

40. By Jim McFetridge on Aug 17, 2015 | Reply

The performance of # 16 Shipley in training camp & in the first game on special teams & as a receiver suggests that he could help the Cards. He has good hands & looks much better than anyone who returned punts & kick-offs last year.

41. By Scott H on Aug 17, 2015 | Reply

Jimbowan –

RE: We should cut or trade Stanton

Well, first of all, make up your mind, dude! If a player has any trade value at all, then why are you cutting him??? You wouldn’t. You would get something in return, yes? So….pick a side here!

Look, if last season wasn’t enough proof of the value that Stanton has to THIS team, then there is little I can say to help you see it. Carson Palmer played 6 games last year. The team won 11 games. No games were won by QB’s named Thomas or Lindley or anyone else. Do the math.

Stanton proved to be among the best back-up QB’s in the league last year. And when your starting QB is coming back from shredding his knee the year before…..don’t ya think a good, solid back-up QB is a good thing to have?

CUTTING Stanton would be about as ridiculous as anything this team could do. That makes no sense. And again, because I think his value to this team is so great, I’d say trading him is not far behind in the ridiculous-ness category.

We lose Palmer ( again ) WITH Stanton here, we know we can still hang. We lose Palmer and we have to fall back on Logan Thomas….it’s a crap-shoot AT BEST. I say we keep the insurance policy we have in Stanton.

42. By Tim H on Aug 17, 2015 | Reply

Re: Butler

Darren Urban with yet another one of his replies that makes you go WHAT THE… “But he wasn’t terrible the rest of the season.” Wow.

43. By Darren Urban on Aug 17, 2015 | Reply

Tim H —

RE: Butler

He wasn’t Zastudil when Zasty was going well. And he certainly didn’t punt on a Pro Bowl level. But to equate what he did in the playoff game to how he was all season is simply off base.

44. By JohnnyBluenose on Aug 17, 2015 | Reply

Maybe we should have kept Brian Hoyer and not bothered with either Stanton or Thomas.

45. By don on Aug 17, 2015 | Reply

people hate to be wrong LOL . think a lot of you have decided LT can’t play at this level . and you’re wrong . is he Elway ? Montana ?? obviously not .but the reality is . he could turn out to be even better . ( see Kurt Warner) LOL . your crystal ball’s full of clouds . just like everyone else’s . NFL QB is the toughest job on the planet . evaluating them is pretty tough too . especially with such a small body of work on what we all know is a project
    GO CARDS ! ! ! !!

46. By John The Draft Guy on Aug 17, 2015 | Reply

don,

OK, don’t believe me about Logan Thomas. Don’t believe your eyes, don’t believe the stats of pros and college.

But you have to see that he was named the starter for one day last year and did so poorly he was taken out of the starting role. You must admit that Logan did so poorly in practice that the cards felt the need to sign and play Lindley. You also have to believe that Thomas is in a legit QB competition with an undrafted Sims for the 3rd spot, instead of pushing a journeyman QB in Stanton.

And who made all these decisions? The QB gurus BA and Tom Moore. Believe their actions not their words. There actions say they have no trust in him.

47. By Dr. G. on Aug 17, 2015 | Reply

JTDGuy… you misinterpreted my post. I was referring ONLY to Elway’s arm. He threw too hard on many short routes early on in his career. As for other comparisons, If you want to go that route, Logan is BIGGER, STRONGER, FASTER, and fearless as you saw with the tackle he made and the escape he made.

But, though he is raw, he has tremendous upside that some of you refuse to acknowledge… Elway was raw as well early on with too many INTs and SACKS. But again, I have not seen an arm like this…may be stronger than Elway’s…!!! Reminder:: Logan has not had the coaching that was there for past QBs due to the new CBA…in reality, he is still a rookie. Seems like we heard Arians say YEAR 3 was his mark for starting. He did a good job and remained cool without the 1st team. I am hoping he continues to improve… be well… and thanks for your opinions….

48. By don on Aug 17, 2015 | Reply

i could of course refer to knee deep . LOL . we don’t know BA’s mind . we don’t know how he motivated Big Ben . he might be higher than ever on LT . why would he reveal everything . this is in many ways a high stakes poker game . wasn’t Harnish the darling of OTA’s . and Maybe they think Sims is the long term answer . . or maybe they’re thinking a trade . I don’t think this front office is above misinformation . or using everything at their disposal to motivate . maybe LT’s real nick name is Hip Deep ?? LOL always remember Kurt not only went undrafted . he played in the Arena League . I thought LT looked sharp on Sat . Stanton looked like crap / and Sims was so so .he’s another project . but with obvious upside :
    think what you will . I don’t get to attend practice everyday🙂

49. By don on Aug 17, 2015 | Reply

for myself . i’ve seen enough Stanton . and Palmer . won’t happen . but i wish LT , Sims would get the rest of the preseason snaps . I’d like as robust a body of work as possible to evaluate them going forward . as BA says .. it matters when the lights are on🙂
    GO CARDS ! ! ! ! ! !

50. By BIGAL on Aug 17, 2015 | Reply

By Dr. G.
    I’m w/u…I get what your saying, trust me BA sees it! The guy does have untapped
    potential! (and don’t jump that JTDG cause really he’s only a 4th Rnd draft pick) Seriously, I/we don’t get to see enuf…of how much work opportunity this guy gets at 3rd string??? I really liked what I saw Saturday night! Oh that’s right JTDG he only got us down to the 1 yard line… And yes his 1st preseason game last year looked good too… Don’t get me wrong… I like Drew Stanton I love what he did for us last year…but there is a reason why he is not an NFL starting QB…he chooses & stares down his WR! Its a fact! We All saw it & so did the league & it proved itself out those last few games last year! And he’s 31…he’s not our future!!!
    So yes we need him for this year, but seriously JTDG do you believe Stanton is our future after Palmer? Yeah I don’t think so…We need Stanton for this year.
    But between Logan Thomas & P. Sims holy cow I’m excited cause I see real talent there! I believe BA sees a Ben Roethlisberger in L Thomas…& so do I!! I mean he’s got a lot to learn…but holy cow he has immense potential!!! And there it is again potential! Scott H.
    And for Jimbowan, Ballsey call I get where your going but I think we got to hang on to Stanton for this year cause LT & PS aren’t ready yet but I think BA will get them there in time…Because he got hurt last year! People, we forget that this is Carson’s Team!

51. By MikeinMesa on Aug 18, 2015 | Reply

Johnthedraftguy, Arians made the wrong decision last year. Logan should have started. And why all the Logan bias on here. He played a really good game. Much like his 11 of 12 game last year. This guy throws crisp straight passes. Had great pocket awareness. And on one play reminded me of Big Ben with two guys trying to tackle him yet broke free and dumped the ball for no loss. Sims was scrambling a lot. He doesnt have near the accuracy or velocity of Logan. Everyone last year thought I was nuts when I said I thought Logan was better than Stanton. Given a chance I think he will prove it. I would roll the dice on Palmer and cut Stanton also and keep Logan and Sims as back ups. Stantons play wasnt as good as everyone makes out last year. Their defense is what kept them in games.

52. By Chuck 1 on Aug 18, 2015 | Reply

How many punts did Butler have blocked during the regular season?
    Two or three (or more)?

How many blocked punts did other NFL punters have?

Butler vs. Zastudil? No contest.

53. By Darren Urban on Aug 18, 2015 | Reply

Chuck 1 —

RE: Zastudil/Butler

We’ll see.

54. By Dr. G. on Aug 18, 2015 | Reply

BigAl…MesaMike…Right on for LT… Among the listed things I mentioned, I forgot Logan being pretty much a guarantee rushing for 1 yard to keep a drive alive. He made it look easy. Can you imagine how LT would be with Veldheer & Iupati?!! BA would not ask Palmer to do that ((knee))… Logan makes that look routine.

Keim’s review of LT was good, and Wolf was ecstatic at times on tv with his performance. I gotta believe they know what they are saying… be well…

55. By Scott H on Aug 19, 2015 | Reply

Mike in Mesa –

RE: Arians made the wrong decision last year

Really? So….all those people who voted to make BA the AP Coach of the Year last year ( and twice in the last 3 years ) are really idiots and they don’t know what they’re talking about? Should they have consulted you first so you could have told them that Arians was making the wrong decisions?

Meanwhile, in reality as we know it, Stanton won five games for this team as a starter and Logan Thomas couldn’t even get past Ryan Lindley on the depth chart. And, BTW, would Lindley have even been here at all if the coaches had any confidence in LT?

The team was 11-5, their best record ever since the league switched to a 16 game schedule. But Arians made the wrong decision, right? My lord, it’s a wonder he still has a job….