No Iupati against 49ers

Posted by Darren Urban on September 27, 2015 – 11:30 am

An inability to get on the practice field fully wasn’t a good sign for Mike Iupati this week. The guard is not going to play today against his former team, his knee not quite ready to go yet after surgery. Ted Larsen remains the left guard for the Cards — although there is a change on the offensive line with Bobby Massie playing right tackle.

Because of injuries, the inactive list against the 49ers was predictable today:

— QB Matt Barkley

— WR J.J. Nelson (shoulder)

— RB Andre Ellington (knee)

— LB Shaq Riddick

— T D.J. Humphries

— G Mike Iupati (knee)

— DT Xavier Williams

Tags: , ,

13 Responses to “No Iupati against 49ers”

1. By Steve on Sep 27, 2015 | Reply

Smart move by team to give him so more time to heal, lots of football left still to play.

2. By Big Ken on Sep 27, 2015 | Reply

Anquan’s lookin sad.

3. By BIGAL on Sep 27, 2015 | Reply

Sorry, but I just got to say it! It is/as much as I loved it 4 years ago! There are/is
    two players on this team that cannot get hurt…maybe 3…What the F is Patrick Peterson doing returning punts??? PP cannot get hurt doing a ST job unless were in a divisional finals or the like…obviously Carson has to stay healthy!!! I want to know/ask how many did not realize what Carson could do w/this cast & a good O-Line??? And in regards to Carson…J.Veldeer must also stay healthy!
    Get PP out of those Punt returns! He will be targeted out there!!!!!

4. By Dynosoar on Sep 27, 2015 | Reply

Darryl Washington who?

5. By rod on Sep 27, 2015 | Reply

Great Win

BA shook Tomsula’s hand and I read his lips…BA said

“All the best baby”
    🙂

6. By jaime on Sep 27, 2015 | Reply

DJ again? Whats up with him… Time to put on your man pants, this isnt kiddy college anymore!

7. By Scott H on Sep 27, 2015 | Reply

Just watched the video of A-Dub’s induction. Great stuff. And all I can say is thank God we didn’t have a wardrobe malfunction. Because with what his wife was wearing….we weren’t too far away from one!

Darren – can you check the archives and tell us when the last time the Cardinals won a game by 40 was??? Holy cow! This team is just downright scary! We need to save some of these cans of whup-ass for the Seahawks. Because as much as I really don’t mind putting a 40-point beat down on the 49ers, I think the Seahawks deserve it more. That 58-0 beat down they put on us a few seasons ago still sticks in my craw. I hate that team, I hate that stadium they play in, I hate their fans, I hate all that 12th Man crap. Time for them to be evicted from the NFC West penthouse. They got to go.

I’m sure A-dub would agree.

8. By Darren Urban on Sep 27, 2015 | Reply

Scott H —

RE: Margin of victory

Biggest margin of victory for the Cards since beating Houston, 44-0, on 11-1-70.

9. By hminus on Sep 27, 2015 | Reply

Cards are looking strong…they have offensive balance now for the first time & are playing up to their potential…KEEP IT UP GUYS!!!…(the last time we had balance approaching this level was when we grew a run game just in time for 2008 playoffs…)

10. By JohnnyBluenose on Sep 27, 2015 | Reply

@Jaime….the only way DJ plays this year is if we have injuries. He had his opportunity in training camp and in exhibition games. He was not prepared so now he sits until next year. BA is not going to tamper with our o-line. Just ask Jonathan Cooper, our #one draft pick from 2013 who did not show enough in training camp last year and rarely played once the season began.

11. By krehbieo14 on Sep 27, 2015 | Reply

jaime-
    As far as I know, there’s nothing wrong with Humphries. He isn’t ready for prime time yet. Well need to be patient with his development. Speaks volumes about how good our O-line talent is.

12. By Richard S on Sep 27, 2015 | Reply

Since Adrian was inducted today, and Honey Badger had two picks, is there any film available of the Badger after the game screaming “Adrian, Adrian” to Rocky music. I saw the video yesterday of the Pope running up the steps in Philadelphia and that gave me a good laugh.

13. By Douglas Forgatsch on Sep 28, 2015 | Reply

OK: I stil havn’t heard what has happened to D’WASH. Has he been released by the NFL or not; does the team even want him anymore or not? I may have missed the portion on WASHINGTON’s current status?????