Forget-me-not: Palmer gets knee brace back

Posted by Darren Urban on October 14, 2015 – 12:02 pm

Carson Palmer played a game without his knee brace. He came out of it fine — three touchdown passes, no interceptions, 11-of-14 passes and most importantly, no bad shots to the knee — but for a guy who has had two ACL tears, it wasn’t ideal. Just know, the quarterback has got his brace back.

Palmer has nobody to blame but himself. Players pack their own equipment. And, well …

“I always forget something packing,” Palmer said. “But the knee brace — that’s a big one. It’s not like forgetting your belt. Or your toothbrush.”

There wasn’t much anyone could do about it in Detroit by the time the bag was opened and the “oh jeez” moment came in realizing it wasn’t there. But Palmer definitely wants to wear one. So the brace — and its backup — went from sitting in Palmer’s locker in Tempe to quickly being shipped to West Virginia. Palmer wore it at Wednesday’s practice.

“The problem with those knee braces is you can’t just replace them,” Palmer said. “It’s not like there is an extra one lying around.”

PalmerKneeBrace

Tags:

23 Responses to “Forget-me-not: Palmer gets knee brace back”

1. By BuckeyeChris on Oct 14, 2015 | Reply

Seems with all the money in the NFL, there could certainly be two knee braces made.

2. By BuckeyeChris on Oct 14, 2015 | Reply

oh, so there is a backup. Just kept in the same place.

3. By Dr H on Oct 14, 2015 | Reply

Whew!

4. By D on Oct 14, 2015 | Reply

I have not been pumped up for a Card’s regular season game as I am for Sunday in years..BA doesn’t have to say anything, his players know this one is huge. I hope Big Ben get’s healthy and they go on a roll after this loss on Sunday, because they would be the perfect team to face in SF on 2-7-2016

5. By NFL FaN on Oct 14, 2015 | Reply

Arizona Cardinals vs Pittsburgh Steelers in SF for SuperBowl 50 would be Epic ! #Rematch #SBXLIII

6. By Steve on Oct 14, 2015 | Reply

Darren did you get a chance to see Freeney practice and if so, how did he look?

7. By Darren Urban on Oct 14, 2015 | Reply

Steve —

RE: Freeney practicing

Most of practice is closed, so no.

8. By Richard L on Oct 14, 2015 | Reply

Mike Tomlin says playing against Arians is a sidenote. I say it’s time for Arians to make the Steelers a footnote in the Cards win column

9. By Richard L on Oct 14, 2015 | Reply

Brace yourself for a Cards rout of the Steelers.

10. By Scott H on Oct 14, 2015 | Reply

Darren….my man….I thought I asked you during the off-season to make Palmer’s knee brace your TOP priority and to make sure it was on his damn knee at all times! What happened??

I trust this will not happen again? Don’t make me come out there….

11. By Dobie on Oct 14, 2015 | Reply

doesn’t the the people that handle the equipment take care of stuff like that they at least could pack a back up. problem solve not rock science

12. By Darren Urban on Oct 15, 2015 | Reply

Dobie —

RE: Packing

And I’ll repeat again — the players pack their own bags.

Not sure why they’d have to have someone do it for them.

He made a mistake. It happens.

13. By TucsonTim on Oct 14, 2015 | Reply

Come on Mrs. Palmer. Those of us who have been married for more than a week know our wives do the packing. Otherwise we show up with 10 t-shirts, 2 sports shorts and a box of slim gims.

14. By Red Dead Redemption on Oct 15, 2015 | Reply

“I hope Big Ben get’s healthy and they go on a roll after this loss on Sunday, because they would be the perfect team to DEFEAT in SF on 2-7-2016”

Fixed it for you. Otherwise well said!

15. By shannon robinson on Oct 15, 2015 | Reply

Another small school wonder gets his first full NFL paycheck, all the way from Adams State, a US college wrestling powerhouse! He’s 25 but I think he just graduated this last year. Fascinating to me they brought up the rookie rather than the more experienced players on the practice squad. A tip of the Cardinal’s wing to Cariel Brooks! Thanks Darren for the pics at practice at Greenbriar – loved the shot of Mr. Freeney mugging with Jaraud Powers – helmet back, “here I am!”. We’ll miss both Clemens and Demens, they are tough men. Blessings on Steve Keim for delivering Dwight Freeney to our team and fans. I’ll do a sack dance if he gets one in Pittsburgh !

16. By K-Dub on Oct 15, 2015 | Reply

Is Dwight officially #54? Wasn’t that Demens number?

17. By Darren Urban on Oct 15, 2015 | Reply

K-Dub —

RE: 54

Yes and yes.

18. By Dynosoar on Oct 15, 2015 | Reply

Richard L,

“Brace yourselves”

That was a good one!

19. By rod on Oct 15, 2015 | Reply

Yeah well I think the Steelers better brace for impact baby!

In your face Steeler fan!

20. By Patrick Hoog aka Don't Take Losses on Oct 15, 2015 | Reply

Does “closed” practice mean you can’t watch or that you can’t report on it?

21. By Darren Urban on Oct 15, 2015 | Reply

DTL —

RE: Closed

We don’t see it.

22. By Richard L on Oct 15, 2015 | Reply

Dyno,

Thanks. Let’s hope Carson just has to take a knee at the end of the game

2. Oct 15, 2015: MVP watch: Tom Brady on record-setting pace - Football Queens