John Brown active, as is Powers

Posted by Darren Urban on November 1, 2015 – 9:31 am

Once again, the Cardinals will have wide receiver John Brown active despite Brown battling a bad hamstring all week. It’s not a surprise. This is how it’s been for Brown the last couple of weeks. The hope is that he’ll play today and then the bye week can get him better for the back half of the season. In a surprise, cornerback Jerraud Powers (hamstring) — who didn’t practice all week — is active. A remarkable situation. We’ll see how much he can actually play.

For the Browns, Josh McCown is indeed starting at quarterback. McCown has been dealing with a shoulder injury.

The full inactive list:

— QB Matt Barkley

— LB Shaq Riddick

— LB Alex Okafor (calf)

— T D.J. Humphries

— T Earl Watford

— TE Darren Fells (shoulder)

— NT Xavier Williams

Tags: , , ,

10 Responses to “John Brown active, as is Powers”

1. By LG on Nov 1, 2015 | Reply

We is making a bad QB look great the DEF need to stand up

2. By Richard S on Nov 1, 2015 | Reply

It looks like the defense is playing lazy today. Rashad Johnson gets bulled by a running back and other Cardinals to the side instead of joining in to stop the forward movement seem to stand around.

3. By card62 on Nov 1, 2015 | Reply

Sure hope we wake up at half time.
    Defense not playing and once again we are careless on offense with the football. Johnson fumbles and gives them a TD and Fitz fumbles when we can score. We get the ball back with no time and still score a TD but its not a TD because of a stupid penalty on the other Brown.
    Very frustrating watching this team right now. We know we have the talent.
    Go Cards beat the Browns

4. By Scott H on Nov 1, 2015 | Reply

Listening to this one on the radio. 20-7 BROWNS at half-time. Just friggin wonderful. Gee, how did that happen? I wonder….well, let’s see….two turnovers…..stupid penalties ( one of which negated a TD )….offense not sustaining drives…..our defense can’t get the Browns off the field….ah, that must be it.

Really, when you are doing all of that wrong, it really doesn’t matter who you are playing or where – HOW THE HELL CAN YOU NOT BE DOWN 20-7???

Sounded to me like we were sleep-walking through another one.

And it is in the 2nd half as I write this, Cards now ahead 24-20. But Palmer just through an INT, so that is 3 T/O’s foe the game. As badly as the Browns have played, they are still alive and well because we are KEEPING them there. The magic number for T/O’s in the games we have lost has been 3, and we just got there.

And we just got tackled inside the 10 on a punt. Really, is there ANYTHING ELSE we can do to give this one away???

Absolutely disgusted.

Oh, and there is T/O number four, another fumble by CJ. If the Browns lose this game, they should be ashamed of themselves.

The Cardinals? They should already be ashamed. I know I am. How friggin pathetic…..

5. By rod on Nov 1, 2015 | Reply

False start for Bobby Massey inside the one yard line…what a dipkins

6. By card62 on Nov 1, 2015 | Reply

Very glad defense woke up in the second half and played great ball.

Really would have loved to have heard the half time speech. Lets save that one and use again.

Steve K. very nice pickup with D. Freeney. He is really helping.

Hate to say this Cards fans as I know he had the big interception last week but T. Jefferson looks like he is getting picked on the last two weeks and with better QBs coming on our schedule I think he is going to get torched. Hope I am wrong, but this is what I am seeing. Let me know your thoughts on Jefferson.

Why can’t we hold onto the football any more??? If I am Bruce I am making every offensive player carry the football with them 24/7 the next two weeks and if they fumble it make them run. Hold onto the ball !!!

Very nice to see Floyd have a big game. This is what we need from him every week. Hope we keep targeting Floyd. The 60 yarder from Carson just perfect throw.

Great job team in the second half 24-0 and I believe no punts, so now we can enjoy the next two weeks. First half I hope to forget as soon as possible.

Go Cards beat those Seahawks

7. By Tucsontim on Nov 1, 2015 | Reply

Got on a plane to fly back to Tucson and the score was 20 – 7 and all I could think was Contender or Pretender….

8. By NJAzCardsFan on Nov 1, 2015 | Reply

Darren- Is this the first time, you know of in Fitz’s career, that he has had two fumbles in a season???

9. By Darren Urban on Nov 1, 2015 | Reply

NJAz —

RE: Fitz fumbles

He fumbled three times and lost all three in 2007.

10. By Tucsontim on Nov 1, 2015 | Reply

All i have to look at is my internet connection and what a come back. You go Cards!!!

Bring on Cincinnati. Think Carson will be motivated??