Palmer talks Bengals’ end, and The Stanton

Posted by Darren Urban on November 18, 2015 – 2:34 pm

It was a very interesting press conference with Carson Palmer Wednesday. Many questions were about his time with the Bengals and especially how it ended — with Palmer saying he’d retire before playing with the team again. Palmer handled the questions deftly, saying only he and owner Mike Brown had a “very colorful, heated argument” and disagreed with each other. He declined to say more detail. When he was reminded that he said one day he’d tell his side of things, so when might that be, Palmer didn’t miss a beat. “Not in Week 11.” (More in a homepage story in a bit.)

But the presser also ended with Palmer being asked to revisit the really, really big story of the week: #TheStanton.

“I was telling Drew this morning, I think I’ve seen it roughly between 38 and 46 times,” Palmer said. “And I’ve laughed just as hard every time I’ve seen it. It was just spectacular.

“If we win this game, I’m not saying I’ll do that dance, because I can’t replicate it, but this is a big game for us and we would be very excited to win this game and I hope that dance comes back out from Drew.”

Asked if Stanton had a sense Andre Ellington was going to score on that play and thus in position to do The Stanton, Palmer shook his head.

“I don’t think that was premeditated,” Palmer said. “I think it just happened. Ballgame, game over, we won and it all came out. I think all of use were feeling that. Drew showed it.”

Tags: , ,

13 Responses to “Palmer talks Bengals’ end, and The Stanton”

1. By G.Witt on Nov 18, 2015 | Reply

Loved it! Just pure emotion

2. By N on Nov 18, 2015 | Reply

Darren- In regards to Stanton’s dance, wasn’t he past the point that players are allowed to be when on the sidelines? He also looked that he was on the white part of the sideline. Personally, I was surprised he wasn’t flagged by the ref’s…..

3. By Darren Urban on Nov 18, 2015 | Reply

N —

RE: Dance

I suppose he could’ve been flagged. Truthfully I didn’t even know about it until the game was over, so I never really thought about it.

4. By lacardinalsfan on Nov 18, 2015 | Reply

I think the Card Cheerleaders should be fully prepared to bust out the Stanton after every TD!!!!

5. By Crow on Nov 18, 2015 | Reply

hahahahahaha i loved it i saw him waving ellington on like baseball coach and then broke out in the dance…………..hilarious and a good dance

6. By drummer-1 on Nov 18, 2015 | Reply

On a different topic.. Do you think B.A should use Ellington more at WR is Smoke can’t go.. That way we can do end arounds and things like that with CJ and Ellington onthe field at the same time..

7. By Richard S on Nov 18, 2015 | Reply

I wanted to record Inside the NFL on NFL Network tonight, but I didn’t want to record over the Card Seahawk game until I watched it again, so I popped another tape into the machine and wondering what was on it, I hit play and up came BA’s first season with the Cards vs. the Carolina Panthers. What are the odds, 2 of the best teams in the NFC this year, going against one another with a cast of Carson, Rashad Mendenhall and returning from a 4 game suspension Darrel Washington. BA looks in a lot better physical shape today than he did in that game. He must have been hitting the Cardinal gym. He looks thinner today. I can’t give you any description or accounts of that game though because I haven’t gotten the permission from the appropriate authorities yet.

8. By Scott H on Nov 18, 2015 | Reply

We ALL know Palmer wants this game REEEEEAL bad. Let’s get it for him.

And let’s clear the dance floor for Stanton.

9. By Dobie on Nov 18, 2015 | Reply

after a touch down I am going to do it in the stands we got something else to do be side the flap the wing thing

10. By shannon robinson on Nov 19, 2015 | Reply

Carson Palmer risked his career and life dreams for the freedom to be involved in an organization that had the capability to win. Mike Brown is a hateful man who was willing to crush a rose rather than share the light. The trade to Oakland was made to find a worse situation for Palmer than he was already in. It was an intentional act to throw him from the frying pan to the fire. Oakland gave up a first and second and Arizona got him for a 7th. Last year when he tore up his knee Carson said he cried like a baby. Those tears were for lost dreams. He replaced them with determination and commitment. Sonny Jurgensen was caught in a similar bind. Mr. Lombardi as Sonny referred to him died of cancer before the dream was realized. Playing for George Allen was like “driving across country in second gear” as Sonny put it. During time outs Sonny stayed with the players in a loose huddle before he called the next play. When Carson executes the plays for BA he’s living his dream to be with a man who lives by “no risk it, no biscuit.” The Cardinals were worth fighting for and putting everything on the line to be able to play to win. It’s enough to make you dance with joy.

11. By Scott H on Nov 19, 2015 | Reply

Man….if the Cardinals go on to accomplish something truly special this season, Drew Stanton will have – maybe without hardly playing at all – added something to the “soundtrack” of this 2015 season that NO ONE WILL EVER FORGET! His little jig along the sidelines during a defining moment of a defining game will be one of the truly lasting images from this season. Kinda like the fans storming the field and tearing down the goal-post in Sun Devil after the game against the Chargers in 1998 that sent us to the playoffs.

How can ya NOT love Stanton??? Hasn’t played hardly a down all season ( and, hopefully, it will stay that way🙂 ), yet there he is running with Ellington down the sidelines, helmet on, engaging in un-bridled celebration. How into that game was he??? I love this guy.

12. By Richard L on Nov 19, 2015 | Reply