Riddick active for the first time

Posted by Darren Urban on December 6, 2015 – 9:31 am

The inactive list was fairy obvious this week, with the long injury list. Linebacker Shaq Riddick is active for the first time. With Ted Larsen replacing Jonathan Cooper in the starting lineup at right guard, Cooper is now the backup guard — and Earl Watford is now inactive. Bradley Sowell will back up both tackle spots.

Not sure how much Michael Floyd will push his hamstring but he will be active today, as is fellow wide receiver John Brown. That isn’t a surprise. The full inactive list:

— QB Matt Barkley

— CB Jerraud Powers (calf)

— RB Andre Ellington (toe)

— G Earl Watford

— DT Cory Redding (ankle)

— DT Frostee Rucker (ankle)

— T D.J. Humphries

Tags: , , , ,

13 Responses to “Riddick active for the first time”

1. By GMAN on Dec 6, 2015 | Reply

Darren,do you think Shaq would be a good fit to cover tight ends? He is tall and fast right?

2. By Darren Urban on Dec 6, 2015 | Reply

GMan —

RE: Riddick

Shaq is going to be someone to rush the passer. And I’m not sure he’d do anything today but special teams.

3. By Big Ken on Dec 6, 2015 | Reply

Let’s see what Riddick can do. I hope they give him some snaps.

4. By Crow on Dec 6, 2015 | Reply

Looking forward to what golden can do at DB

5. By CARDS62 on Dec 6, 2015 | Reply

Darren surprised to see Watford inactive. Remember when Iupati was injured Watford played LG over Larsen. Very Disappointing to see Cooper on the bench after his seasons in the NFL My prediction and hope is that we have 3 new o line starters in the team next year.

Just keep telling myself that this oline is better than the one we went to the super bowl.

Go Carson, do not fumble D. Johnson, and lets beat the hated Rams.
    Go Cards

6. By rod on Dec 6, 2015 | Reply

I never second guess BA but Watford inactive. I just don’t get.

7. By dynosoar on Dec 6, 2015 | Reply

Nick Pepe,

I’m glad you had that bond and that phone call.

My neighbor had a brother in law who had been quadriplegic for 35 years after a car accident. He had DNR orders and passed away. He was gone for ten minutes and the hospital staff was able to resuscitate him, despite his DNR.

In a quiet moment with his wife shortly after that he said “If I die again, let me go back. It’s really not such a bad place.”

They told the staff and he passed away the following day. From someone who’s been there, “It’s really ot such a bad place.”

Another friend of mine said he believes God sees birth and death differently. He thinks while we’re excited at a birth and sorrow at a death, our Father sorrows when we’re born and leave His presence and is excited when we die and return.

Anyway, like Darren said a few weeks ago after the Paris attacks, football is great, but there are bigger things. I’m here for you my friend.

All my best and a wish that 10-3 goes goes to 30-3,
    most important, Merry Christmas my friends and enjoy your friends and family,
    Dynosoar,
    another Lifetime Member

8. By CARDS62 on Dec 6, 2015 | Reply

Wow just complete domination by our Cardinals.

Hopefully you guys notice our poor field position for most of this game, but Carson and the offense for the most part just drove the ball incredible well. Even when we bogged down we normally flipped the field to help out our defense that did not need much help today.

Thank you PP for the defensive meeting on Monday. Do not recall better defensive performance this season. What did the Rams have like 9 first downs and were like 2-12 on third downs, Just incredible job by the defense.

I give our oline a lot of grief but have to give them some love today for how we ran and passed the ball against a good Rams defense.

D. Johnson ran very well and K Williams is a nice change of pace and man did Williams look quick today. Just worry about Johnson fumbling the ball every time he carries it.

When we can get 3 of our receivers going in a game and throw in a few passes to the rb and te positions our O is unstoppable. Floyd is the key as we have to keep this guy involved.

Great win, nice to see Bethel get 3 years but wow $15 million and go Cardinals.

9. By Scott H on Dec 6, 2015 | Reply

CARDS62 –

I think you said it all and did so very nicely! THAT is the kind of win I want to see against a struggling team like the Rams. In all phases, this team came right back after a horrible outing against not even a struggling team, but a horrible team. This kind of showing was needed. And given everyone credit, they delivered.

GREAT to see the running game take care of business with DJ and K-Will stepping up to do their part. DJ looks like SUCH a good player in the making. He looks so good running the ball and I LOVE what he does as a receiver out of the backfield. K-Will was just explosive on his TD run up and through the middle! SWEET.

Palmer looked smooth as silk. Cool, calm, colllected. And deadly! Nice job by the O-line today.

I always love to see Fitz involved but I also love seeing the other WR’s stepping up to have the big days. Nelson just keeps making the big plays….Palmer obviously trusts him. And Floyd is just a BEAST!!

It was just awesome to see this team roll on and look so efficient on a day when Fitz and CJ weren’t the stars. Our depth is amazing. Just need to stay healthy.

BUT…..what was with Fitz and someone else pouring the gatorade on Bidwill on the sidelines??? We didn’t clinch anything, did we?? C’mon, fellas, let’s not jinx ourselves by celebrating too soon. Um…especially with the Seahawks winning today. What the hell happened to the Vikings??? I say we watch some film of what they did to shut down AP the way they did – other than taking a big lead early, that is. That sure worked….

Get some rest, fellas. Got work to do on Thurs night.

10. By dynosoar on Dec 6, 2015 | Reply

Scott H,

It’s Michael Bidwill’s Birthday today.

11. By dan on Dec 6, 2015 | Reply

Riddick sucks so bad we didn’t even put him in during garbage time, guess he’s worse than garbage, but what do I know?

12. By CARDS62 on Dec 6, 2015 | Reply

Dan why are you hating on our 5th round draft choice in his rookie season trying to play a new position?

I have no idea if he will be a player for us, but he was active for a game before our first round draft choice, so why the hate?

We are 10-2 with a great team, coaching, and front office, Steve and Bruce are signed thru 2019 so lets enjoy the good times while they last.

Go Cards beat the Vikings!

13. By Scott H on Dec 7, 2015 | Reply

Dyno –

Ah, OK. Well, Happy Birthday to him!