Future “Arians: A Football Life” showings

Posted by Darren Urban on December 13, 2015 – 10:33 am

If you didn’t get a chance to watch the very good “A Football Life: Bruce Arians” on NFL Network — or you didn’t DVR it — well, first, what the heck? But beyond that, fear not. NFL Network will be re-airing the one-hour show, which is excellent. Arians has a great story, and NFLN did a great job showing it.

Four more showings are coming this month. Again, watch it live, or at least record it.

— Dec. 19 (Saturday) at 11 a.m. Arizona time, 1 p.m. ET.

— Dec. 21 (Monday) at 8:30 p.m. AZ time, 10:30 p.m. ET.

— Dec. 31 (Thursday) at noon AZ time, 2 p.m. ET.

— Dec. 31 (Thursday) at 9 p.m. AZ time, 11 p.m. ET.

Tags: ,

9 Responses to “Future “Arians: A Football Life” showings”

1. By georgiebird on Dec 13, 2015 | Reply

Well done on the Football Life of BA. It’s been a long journey but should have spent more time on BA’s time with the Cards. If BA’s career ended with his COY with the Colts that would have been a good story.
    But his time with the Cards has made the story truly special.
    But the timing of the showing was very poor. BA’s football life is not over. There may be an ending that will overshadow everything that we’ve seen to date.

2. By drummer-1 on Dec 13, 2015 | Reply

I’m looking forward to seeing this..

3. By Scott H on Dec 13, 2015 | Reply

Thanks, D, for the info for future showings. My wife wants to see it. I feel like I want EVERYONE I know to see it!

Already commented on this, so…onward.

Kinda cool ( nice and relaxing ) when you start your Sunday knowing your team has already won!

Looks like the Bengals realized our worst nightmare today…just heard the news that Dalton is done for the year. Geez….not like I can’t imagine what that is like, but….Wow. Dalton and that team seemed destined for great things. Now? Next man up. We know how that goes….a shame for them. In the AFC, I was kinda rooting for them. I’m sick of the Patriots and I just can’t get excited about the Broncos with this Osweiler kid. Not yet, anyway.

Funny how everyone is suddenly going Ga-Ga over the Seahawks. Really? For beating the Ravens with Jimmy Clausen? Please. Next, they get Johhny Manziel and the Browns. Then, they get Nick Foles and the Rams. Wow. Not exactly Murderer’s Row, is it? Funny how everyone was questioning how legit the Cardinals were early on because they were beating up on bad teams. Oh, but when the SEAHAWKS start beating up on bad teams…..they have that championship look to them again and watch out, world. Yeah. What a crock.

It is a shame the Panthers and the Seahawks are getting so many cup cakes down the stretch. I can only hope that catches up with them come the playoffs when they have to play REAL teams again and they realize they haven’t played one in a REAL long time.

4. By Chris Lewis on Dec 13, 2015 | Reply

I watched it and it was excellent. Before I watched it, I thought B.A. was an awesome coach but now I have even more respect for him as a coach and more importantly as a person. We are so blessed to have B.A. as our head coach, I think he’s the best coach in the NFL. B.A. didn’t have an easy path to where he’s at now and he could’ve easily gave up years ago in becoming a head coach and instead be living a comfortable life of retirement, but I’m sure deep inside he knew this was his calling. I love the fact that he didn’t kiss anybody’s ass to get to where he’s at, he always tells it like it is no matter if anyone likes it or not and that’s part of why it took him so long to get a head coaching gig, but I’m sure he wouldn’t change anything, that’s just the kind of honest, stand up guy BA. is, he doesn’t sugarcoat anything. Although I’m sure B.A. works and studies as hard as any head coach, I respect the fact that he doesn’t let football consume his life, he brings family first before anything. B.A., I hope you read this, I love ya man, you’re awesome, I hope you stick around in Arizona for many years. GO CARDS!!!!!

5. By dynosoar on Dec 13, 2015 | Reply

Scott H.

If you disagree with my thoughts, tell me why. I just may be missing something. Maybe. (If you agree, I’d like to know that as well. Thanks my friend.

I think it’s great they’re getting “cupcakes” down the stretch and we’re getting playoff teams. We’ll be ready for the playoff caliber teams because we’re playing them now.

How will Seattle and Carolina handle it when they’re competition is incredibly stronger overnight?

I like how our schedule has played out this season and I like how our playoff opponents schedule has played out. We’re winning games against everyone, quality teams and “cupcakes”. What about those who are currently projected as playoff teams, only three have teams remaining with a strength of schedule over 55%.

The Cardinals, Packers and Vikings.

We’re preparing for the playoffs against playoff teams. Almost everyone else is preparing against “cupcake” teams. I’ll take our schedule every day over anyone elses.

(we say “cupcake”, but we know they’re all NFL teams and as we’ve seen, even the best teams lose to “cupcake” teams.)

6. By Kevin S Mesa on Dec 13, 2015 | Reply

Scott H —

Yeah, I remember when all the “Power Rankings” gurus kept talking about how beating the Saints, Bears, 49ers handily was no big deal because they were all terrible.

I think it’s good for us that we’ve faced tougher teams in our last half of the year. Even Philly is now fighting for a playoff spot, so that won’t be easy.

You do have to give credit to the Panthers… when everyone keeps saying they aren’t as good as their record, and then they completely dispatch the Falcons, who were trying to stay on life support.

Probably the most disappointing thing about the NFC this year is that there’s so little left to be decided going with three weeks to go. I mean, is there any real doubt about who the division winners are going to be? Carolina is in, our magic number is 1 (1 win or 1 Seattle loss), Green Bay is probably the North winner because even if they were to lose to both Oakland (unlikely) and us (likely), they’d still win the division if they beat Minnesota in Lambeau the final week. Seattle is virtually guaranteed a WC with their easy schedule and Minnesota will be the other unless they implode. Also, Seattle beat Minnesota, and isn’t losing either of their next two games, so even if we beat them, unless Minnesota wins all of their next three (including at Lambeau), Seattle is the #5 seed.

I realize these races aren’t mathematically decided, but it’s basically all but over. Carolina #1, AZ #2, GB#3, East winner #4, Seattle #5, Minnesota #6. Nearly the only interesting question left is who wins the East, and that isn’t very interesting because whoever it is, is highly unlikely to beat Seattle.

Good news for us is, assuming GB as a #3 at home beats Minnesota as a #6, Seattle and Carolina have to play each other and one of the two is going to get knocked out without us having to worry about them.

7. By brian r on Dec 14, 2015 | Reply

you can find it on youtube. better look now before they take it down. lol.

8. By JohnnyBluenose on Dec 14, 2015 | Reply

I watched the BA story and enjoyed it. In fact, I learned something from it and thought I would try it out today. I went for a job interview and, like BA did when interviewed by Michael Bidwill, I dropped a few F-BOMBS. I don’t think that went over too well for me.

2. Dec 18, 2015: Cardinals Blogs | Friday before the Eagles, and Fitz tackles