Cards’ inactives include Bryant, K. Williams

Posted by Darren Urban on January 16, 2016 – 4:44 pm

The Cardinals are able to have seven healthy inactive players today for the game against the Packers, which includes a couple of guys who have not been inactive of late: DT Red Bryant and RB Kerwynn Williams. The latter is important because it signals a comfort in the health of Andre Ellington in the backfield (although David Johnson is expected to remain the workhorse.) No Williams means the Cardinals will use someone different on kickoff returns (J.J. Nelson? Brittan Golden? David Johnson again?)

Bryant’s name is somewhat of a surprise with the injury to Cory Redding — especially since Xavier Williams is still inactive. With rookie linebacker Gabe Martin active, maybe the Cards wanted someone to fill in on special teams since Kareem Martin will have to play more defensive snaps (and Jason Babin, who is active, doesn’t do that.)

The full list:

—  QB Matt Barkley

— CB Corey White

— RB Kerwynn Williams

— LB Shaq Riddick

— DT Red Bryant

— T D.J. Humphries

— NT Xavier Williams

Tags: , , , ,

10 Responses to “Cards’ inactives include Bryant, K. Williams”

1. By lg on Jan 16, 2016 | Reply

green bay is holding on every play but their is no call the offensive line can’t block shit today for some reason this is the dam playoffs play hard or take your ass home.

2. By Scott H on Jan 16, 2016 | Reply

OK, something is definitely wrong with the offense. The team we have watched for the last 6 quarters is NOT the same team we saw for the first 15 weeks. What the hell is wrong??? Palmer looks lost.

The offense better find itself NOW or this season is over.

3. By CreditCard on Jan 16, 2016 | Reply

My God, the Cards are getting beat on both sides of the line. Starting the 3rd period — hopefully the O-line will protect Palmer better and the D-line gets some sort of pressure on Rodgers.

4. By CreditCard on Jan 16, 2016 | Reply

I hope I’m wrong — but it appears the season is over. Pack takes a 13-7 lead and is enforcing their will upon the Cards. The Pack appears to be the better prepared team tonight.

Card D-Line looks exhausted. Card O-line is totally confused. Packers are dominating.

5. By lg on Jan 16, 2016 | Reply

a guy at work said carson was going to play like this I can’t lie cam is the real mvp this year

6. By Daniel Thompson on Jan 16, 2016 | Reply

Calais Campbell SUUUUUCCCKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSS!!!!!!

7. By CARDS62 on Jan 16, 2016 | Reply

I could write on this game all night or rant on this game all night, but all I will say is FItz is the man! Greatest Cardinal of all time. Just win baby and my heart have what 8 days to recover,

Go Cards beat those Seahawks/Panthers

8. By CreditCard on Jan 16, 2016 | Reply

This was a game for the ages!

I for certain thought the Cards were going to lose. I even posted that it just wasn’t the Card’s night. Can some one pass me the catchup, salt and pepper — I have some crow to eat.

Seams like the super bowl winner is always a team that has some type of weird undefinable game that the team over came incredible odds.

This game will bring belief, hope, and destiny.

9. By CreditCard on Jan 16, 2016 | Reply

This is play-off football. Green Bay was a well seasoned play-off team with Aaron Rodgers. Hats off to the Packers for a great game plan and execution.

This game should give the Cards play-off ready for the next game.

The Cards dodged a bullet, and Packers played the game of their life.

What a game. Kudos again to both teams

10. By Daniel Thompson on Jan 16, 2016 | Reply

Arians should have ran the ball on 2nd down instead of throwing a stupid fade pass….unbelievable! At least run a slant but what do I know? I would have ran the ball and run the clock down to avoid something like a hail mary pass……and totally disagree with an all out blitz on the last play. Arians dodged 2 big ones……..thankfully but HE made it harder than what it actually was.