The biggest Big Red Rage coming Thursday

Posted by Darren Urban on January 20, 2016 – 4:59 pm

Before the Cardinals head off to Carolina, there first will be a pumped up “Big Red Rage” radio show — officially, “The Biggest Red Rage” — coming Thursday night at Majerle’s at Chandler Fashion Center and presented by San Tan Ford. Not only will it be double in size, from one hour to two (6 p.m. to 8 p.m.)

BRR will have normal hosts Calais Campbell, Paul Calvisi and Ron Wolfley, but it will also feature guests like team president Michael Bidwill, cornerback Patrick Peterson and wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, among others. Admission and parking are free. For those who can’t make it, you can listen on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM or watching streaming video on azcardinals.com/videos-photos/live-video.html.

San Tan Ford is also giving away a two-year lease on a brand new Mustang. Sign ups for the car begin on Thursday at 10:30 a.m. and go through 5:30 p.m. A finalist will be selected every hour and the winner will be announced at the end of the “Biggest Red Rage.”

Tags:

26 Responses to “The biggest Big Red Rage coming Thursday”

1. By shane on Jan 20, 2016 | Reply

What are your gut feelings & thoughts about this game? because tbh i know im going to get alot of hate for saying this.. but i just cant see Carolina with how they’ve played all year & how they’ve played at home all year with one game to go to the Superbowl losing .. it hurts me because i think the cards would definitely win if they were the ones who had home field. But ive watched alot of football & the home team in games like this almost always pull them out & almost always make that one play on D or on O that probably wouldn’t happen on the road .. i know this team has been good on the road this year but this is a different situation.. do you think i have a good point?

2. By Darren Urban on Jan 20, 2016 | Reply

Shane –

RE: Outcome

Will I be surprised if the Panthers win? Of course not. But I think it will be close and I won’t be surprised if the Cards win. I don’t think it is so heavily weighted toward the Panthers as you do.

3. By Scott H on Jan 20, 2016 | Reply

OK, my fire has officially been lit. It happened today. I was right in the room when a brief conversation went on between a co-worker and a guy from a different department. It was about the 4 remaining teams and who they thought was gonna move on, then who was gonna win the SB. The tone of the discussion was totally casual and matter of fact. And of the 4 remaining teams, the Cardinals were the only team that was not even mentioned. For them, it was a given that the Panthers were winning on Sunday and they were going to go on to win the SB because they were better / healthier than whoever came out of the AFC. From the way they talked, you would think the NFC title game was a mere formality, a walk-through for the Panthers. Must not matter who they will be playing…because that team was not even named.

And in that moment, I felt the fire ignite inside me. More like a volcano erupting, actually. I realized HOW BAD I want this and how bad I want to see the CARDINALS ( for those of you who forgot that they are the other team playing this Sunday ) go into Carolina and win this game.

The blood is pumping now. It’s on. My own BIG RED RAGE. I am feeling it now!

4. By Zach on Jan 20, 2016 | Reply

I notice many other cities for various sports, including football, do MASSIVE viewing parties for their games, especially during playoffs.

What can be done to get a viewing party at University of Phoenix Stadium for this weekend and possibly the superbowl too? I would have to think it would be a great revenue generator for the team with concessions.

My point is this: there is viewing parties for the draft and everything else; we should have one for the playoffs too! (Unless this has already been done and I don’t know about it yet).

Zach

5. By Darren Urban on Jan 20, 2016 | Reply

Zach –

RE: View party

There’s nothing planned for Sunday.

6. By Daniel Thompson on Jan 20, 2016 | Reply

At least Jonathan Stewart has a bad wheel, probably get worse on that crap field……and that goes for Jared Allen if he plays…………..I think Cardinals can win this game…….Panthers don’t scare me……..but what do I know?

7. By Dr. G. on Jan 21, 2016 | Reply

Zach…You can find parties all over the state in many sports bars…just make some calls. You can high 5 with all the fans and accidentally spill a drink on a Black Cat fan..!

For me, when the game is away, we have to be home with just a few who are really into the game. I try to watch “”every play”” and listen to the refs calls…don’t need play-by-play, but listen anyway. CDS… Cardinal disease syndrome…

Some TV guys are good at assuming the players’ thoughts and guessing what’s coming…not! My seat is awesome, and the chow is delectable. So, are you a fan for detail or a party guy? It’s up to you…nothing on our big screen better than Cardinal Football….🏈… Giter done men!! 30-27 OT….👍 Cards win…!

Party down on the flight home…😀🎵🎵… ….and no injuries..!

8. By BIGAL on Jan 21, 2016 | Reply

Darren, re: Zach, I want to 2nd Zach’s fabulous idea!!! Honestly, I think its high time, the Valley & the Cardinals do something like this! Not sure if the stadium should be made available??? Might actually make it more controllable??? Yet they already have the big screen inside right? & @ the same time…isn’t this a Dream proposition for the Great Green Lawn…??? Is that the right name? This could be a bit harder to maintain…but the weather is getting right….I would love to see it either way???

9. By brian r. on Jan 21, 2016 | Reply

scott h. i feel the same way hearing these sports talk show hosts on AM radio almost ignoring the cardinals completely. Scott Farrell on “the bench” has the cardinals completely written off and doesnt see them winning this week or the sb. it upsets me how the best cardinals team is thoroughly overlooked. i hope the cardinals this game in week 3 fashion with much respect to the panthers.

10. By NJAzCardsFan on Jan 21, 2016 | Reply

There are two things the Cards have to stop to win- The Panthers pass rush and the Cam Newton’s running/scrambling. The Cards must establish a running game also to give the play action a chance to work. If they can do those things, the Cards will be SB bound…..

11. By DTL on Jan 21, 2016 | Reply

Thanks Darren.

This media week for Conference Championship Sunday is fun. So many local interviews of national pundits. In the end, they’re all moslty right. Its why they play the game, we’ll see who has the best game plan, best execution. Biggest wild card may be the weather? Post storm on Sunday, heard getting there may be tough…

12. By Mike on Jan 21, 2016 | Reply

WE NEED A VIEWING PARTY ON THE GREAT LAWN.

13. By Cactus jeff on Jan 21, 2016 | Reply

Things to look for Sunday.
    John Stewart re-injured foot/ankle Sunday. He walked off trying to hide it but it was obvious. Running game will suffer
    Carolina WRs cannot win one on one match ups. Blitz blitz and blitz straight up the middle.
    Cardinals run hurry up offense and get those big DTs tired and take them out of the game.
    31-20 Cards

14. By JohnnyBluenose on Jan 21, 2016 | Reply

Dr G….I’m with you. I’ve been to Super Bowl parties with 25-30 guys. There is always lots to eat and drink and there is always a card game going on but it was too difficult for me to concentrate on the game. So now I decline all invitations and do not invite anyone over. It’s just my wife and I and I like it that way.

15. By az cards on Jan 21, 2016 | Reply

Is this a 21 and older event ? Or?

16. By Darren Urban on Jan 21, 2016 | Reply

azcards —

RE: BRR

No. Open to all ages.

17. By dynosoar on Jan 21, 2016 | Reply

Shane,

my thoughts are based on regular season schedule. And this comes with a caveat I’ll explain in a moment. In the last half of the season, here’s the number of playoff teams the last four teams had on there schedule. I believe this was good preparation for the teams with the most, better than playing against non playoff teams.

Cardinals (5 – we won all 5),
    Broncos (4),
    Packers (3 + 1 win over the Redskins – I through them in because they had, in my opinion, better preparation for the playoffs than others),
    Panthers (1)
    Patriots (1)

Caveat – now, can a team who’s not played as tough opponents still win, yes. We saw that when Utah stomped Alabama in the Sugar Bowl several years ago. So the Panthers and Patriots have a chance…

but I’m holding out for a Cardinals win over the Broncos in SB 50.

(Again, stats don’t mean much in the game, but baseball is driven by stats and it’s a good indicator.)

What does anyone else think?

18. By Chris on Jan 21, 2016 | Reply

What is there to do at the biggest red rage?
    Especially for children?

19. By Darren Urban on Jan 21, 2016 | Reply

Chris —

RE: BRR

Probably not a lot for children. It’s a radio show. Food is available from Majerle’s.

20. By Gabrielle C. on Jan 21, 2016 | Reply

The veteran players and coaches are going to put on a clinic for everyone. Its in the stars! Go cards!

21. By shane on Jan 21, 2016 | Reply

i disagree i think your underestimating what home field advantage does for a team in that position players are emotional beings as humans not robots & when a game of this magnitude with 2 pretty evenly matched teams .. the home team almost always pulls it out . I hope im wrong but i honestly just have a hard time seeing it happen.

22. By Bird Hunter on Jan 21, 2016 | Reply

Bird beat down of epic proportion on the way. Thought Seahawks whooped up on you? Just wait…

#stayhomeinyourdome

23. By NJAzCardsFan on Jan 21, 2016 | Reply

Shane- Did you see the playoff game in 2008 with the Panthers where Warner dissected them and the Cards defense had 6 interceptions. The Panthers scored first in that game, then never scored again. While Newton wasn’t the QB the home crowd was silenced by the end of the 1st quarter.

While this isn’t a walk over for either team, I think the Cards will win as they have a more complete team and better coaching. Whoever wins this game will win the SB.

This will be a playoff game for the ages….. can’t wait.

24. By OhBoy! on Jan 21, 2016 | Reply

Shane — “when a game of this magnitude with 2 pretty evenly matched teams .. the home team almost always pulls it out”

I’d like to see some stats backing up your theory, but while you’re doing that, let me give you an example of the worst playoff team in history beating a
    12 – 4 Carolina Panthers team on the road by a score of 33 – 13.

Take a guess at which team did that.

If we’re using history to predict the future, this seems like a pretty convenient example to forget.

25. By Dobie on Jan 22, 2016 | Reply

I other words they got to play good on offence, defense and special team like I know they can as they say on any giving Sunday. the Panthers are due for a lost and this Sunday is the one

26. By carpanfan95 on Jan 25, 2016 | Reply

Ok I read most of the post and I feel for you guys to a point. You got beat and a few of you came to our web site and bragged how you were going to destroy the Panthers. We didn’t have a secondary that could contain your WR’s etc. etc.

On other sites I got hammered and I expected it. The thing is I told you the Panthers is like no other team I have seen in the 40 plus years being a fan of this game.

We are deep and Talented which I explained. Misfits that players don’t want that GM Dave Gettleman goes and get’s our position coaching staff is one of the greatest. We just don’t develop players we develop coaches to. That is Dave Gettleman.

Most of our players who rotate in can start for a lot of teams, but don’t want to leave and has taken less to stay.

Ted Ginn Jr. learned his lesson by leaving after the 2013 season and came there. You cut him and he could have went elsewhere. but choose to come home. Look at what he has done, but who kept throwing him the ball right after he had a drop. Well look at him now along with UDFA WR Corey Philly Brown.

What changed is Rivera got off the preventive football game we have played since he has been HC. They turned Cam lose In this game. This is the Cam I have been screaming about since he played at Auburn.

Arians said it best at half time during our game with the Seahawks that he would rather play the Seahawks than the Panthers. Arians could see we were sitting on the edge if Rivera would turn Cam lose.

Look we run a offense No one can. Teams try, but they fail at it. It has made opposing defensive players yell at each other just like yours, because you can’t stop it. It starts in the trenches and I told you, you were out matched.

Yes you are going to go through changes and expect to be right back again next year. You guys have stated we were missing this player and that player, but guess what so were we. Then most of your fans thought when DE Jared Allen was out and Charles Tillman etc. etc. were out you had us pinned not being able to match your WR’s. I told you about Luke, TD and LB’s Shaq Thompson and AJ Klein. You didn’t think CB Josh Norman could shut down Floyd, well he did and Cam made (The Best CB Not) Patrick Peterson look like a rookie. Look at the yards Firz, Brown and Floyd had. RB Johnson got more yards than I thought he would.

Have you guys forgotten about WR’s Kelvin Benjamin and Stephen Hill returning next year with the WR group we have now. Oh you will say Stephen Hill drops and can’t and etc. etc. Well I can say is think Ted Ginn Jr on steroids. You never got to see WR Kevin Norwood we traded for from the Seahawks. We have 4 WR’s that will be more than likely on the roster with Funchess, Ginn and Brown.

Well the next time you jump on the media band wagon about the Panthers you might want to rethink it.

Now Arians pushed the button for us in this game. Deep shots, we did to prove a point, 2 point conversation, to prove a point, Run to prove a point, to pass to a RB to prove a point.

Cam’s dancing has been doing it and this season was a special case starting wit ha 6 year old who got Cam to dance. This kid has brain cancer and Make A Wish he get him his wish to be a Coach for the Panthers. That’s the Dab. That’s Brandon Beam. So back off. Everything don’t always have to be explained, but in this case I guess it does. Carolina Panthers is sponsored by the Carolina’s health Care system. The Panthers team along with the other sports teams spend a lot of time at the Levine’s Children’s Hospital. My daughter passed away there with CF and I take this personally. This children’s hospital is one of the tops in the country. Not only that, but when a Football player tears a ACL or MCL the y come here to Dr. Anderson to repair their knees and ankles. He is the best in the business. Cam does a lot more than you think in our community for children.

So my replay to you is if you don’t like what Cam does tell your team to beat us and you won’t see it. TE Greg Olsen’s son just about a month ago had his third heart surgery. That has touched this whole team. The Children and the Military means a lot to this team. Not to mention Sam Mills a great LB who died with cancer and his son is on the Panthers as a coach. That’s where Keep Pounding comes from. Once you understand that the Panthers is more than just a team and it’s a family you might find the success this team is building. Cam is always the first to tell you it’s not about him.

You guys might want to try it instead of blowing up on the sideline.