NBC Emmy after Cardinals-Packers

Posted by Darren Urban on May 10, 2016 – 10:04 pm

Awards are handed out in many professions. As someone who has written for a living, I always thought there was one simple truth to such awards — it starts with the subject. You can write the heck out of a story, but if the subject wasn’t interesting to begin with, it’s tough to make it so.

Tuesday night the annual Sports Emmys were handed out, and the Cardinals found themselves mentioned. NBC won the Emmy for Outstanding Playoff Coverage after its broadcast of the Cardinals-Packers divisional playoff game. NBC did a great job that night, obviously, but the story — including Aaron Rodgers’ Hail Mary miracle and then Larry Fitzgerald’s own electrifying catch-and-run — was certainly interesting to begin with.

EmmyBlog

Tags: , , ,

13 Responses to “NBC Emmy after Cardinals-Packers”

1. By Grandpa Black on May 11, 2016 | Reply

Great game because we won. After Palmer finally got his first playoff win in his career i was hopeful. This year must be different and can’t wait for honey badger to come back. He was a missing piece of our super bowl puzzle. I guarantee you that Packers comeback wouldn’t have happened if HB was on the field.

2. By lacardinalsfan on May 11, 2016 | Reply

Grandpa Black,

Have to say I do miss last years Tenacious with the Honey Badger, wish they did it again this year. Was so fun to get those updates on the Badger.

3. By D on May 11, 2016 | Reply

One could make a good argument that the last two playoff games between the Cards and Pack should be in the top 10 all time great playoff games.

Would love to see a game 3.

4. By Scott H on May 11, 2016 | Reply

The NFL should just put the Cardinals and Packers in the playoffs every year, because they produce some of the best games ever.

And the Cardinals always win! I’m not so sure Aaron Rodgers or Mike McCarthy would endorse this idea. I’m sure they have both had enough of us at UoP in January! Some PAINFUL losses for them.

5. By Leesters on May 11, 2016 | Reply

I can’t believe this isn’t called “The Insane Game”. Announcers said the word insane about 21 times. lol

6. By joe 67 on May 11, 2016 | Reply

Just so we don’t have to go up there and play!!!!

7. By Joeyj on May 11, 2016 | Reply

Yeah, I’d like to see this game at Lambeau when it’s 10 degrees and watch your little California dreamer come see what that’s like. He couldn’t even handle rain in Carolina he totally dumped his pants. Come play us in the snow and cold and see what happens. Palmer and your team will fold like a deck of cards in hurricane sandy.

8. By Darren Urban on May 11, 2016 | Reply

Joey J —

RE: Home field

Always enjoy the troll who comes in to talk big even after the loss.

Then again, I appreciate the click.

9. By Scott H on May 11, 2016 | Reply

Joeyj –

RE: your team will fold like a deck of cards

Oh, you mean like the Packers did when the Cardinals pounded them to the tune of 38-0? Is that what you mean? Just checking. You are obviously an expert at seeing teams fold after THAT game, so we will acknowledge you as an expert in this area. Because you also saw them fold BIG-TIME up in Seattle the year before, didn’t ya?

That said – get lost, creep.

10. By Joeyj on May 13, 2016 | Reply

Oh I’m sorry did you not watch that game? Our defense and quarterback brought us within one touchdown on the last play of the game… Was Carson in that scenario? Were you 8 points away? No you got beat like one of John Bonham’s drums. And when we lost to you we first we played our worst game in 8 years. Count on that again at Lambeau. If Carson can make it through the season again.

11. By Darren Urban on May 13, 2016 | Reply

Joeyj —

RE: “We played”

Having trouble finding “JoeyJ” here. Can you do me a favor and please point it out? http://www.packers.com/team/players.html

12. By Scott H on May 13, 2016 | Reply

joeyj –

And all that said? You lost. And BTW, coming to GB really does not concern me. Palmer has won the only two games he played in Seattle since he has been here. Like playing in GB is tougher than that? Yeah….fat chance!

Hey, chin up. Maybe one of these years, your team will be good enough that they can actually GET a playoff game at home. Until then, come on back here anytime! We’d love to have ya!

13. By Scott H on May 14, 2016 | Reply

joeyj –

RE: And when we played you first, we played our worst game in 8 years.

My God, man, did you REALLY just say that??? If that is not the MOST pathetic excuse I have ever heard…..dude, you are embarrasing. I’m betting that if other Packers fans could hear you, they would probably agree with that.

Let me clue you in to something you clearly don’t get – your team didn’t play their worst game in 8 years all on their own. The Cardinals defense MADE them look like they were playing their worst game in 8 years.

Let me tell ya something – when the Cardinals lost to the Steelers in the SB in 2008, the Steelers played a better game. When the Cardinals lost to Carolina last year, the Panthers were the better team. No excuses. OK?

Man up and have the guts to admit when your team just gets beaten ( and I mean BEATEN ) by a better team.

And BTW, the Panthers would have smoked the Packers, too. It’s just too bad they never got the chance to go to Carolina. They never go anywhere after they come here!