Arians goes to hospital for stomach pains

Posted by Darren Urban on August 16, 2016 – 6:19 pm

The Cardinals are taking part in their practice in San Diego at Qualcomm Stadium, but their head coach isn’t with them. Soon after reaching the stadium, he started experiencing stomach pain and told the team’s medical staff. He was taken to a local hospital for evaluation. The Cards will provide more updates as they become available.

In the meantime, assistant head coach Tom Moore looked like he talked to the Cardinals some at the outset of practice against the Chargers, and then Chargers head coach Mike McCoy addressed both teams as a whole. The practice has gone on as planned.

UPDATE: Here is a story on Arians. There is optimism he will be OK.

UPDATE II: Arians was released from the hospital Wednesday morning and is resting at the team hotel in San Diego.

Tags: , ,

28 Responses to “Arians goes to hospital for stomach pains”

1. By Rod on Aug 16, 2016 | Reply

His liver might be shot and it’ll be real bad if he starts spitting up blood hopefully it’s not none of that.

2. By Rose ayup on Aug 16, 2016 | Reply

Prayers for a quick recovery , God Bless you Mr. Arians

3. By Lora gentry on Aug 16, 2016 | Reply

Praying all is good.

4. By Rheanna on Aug 16, 2016 | Reply

Get better asap BA!

5. By Big Ken on Aug 16, 2016 | Reply

Prayers for Bruce Arians and his family. Mike McCoy is a class act.

6. By cardsbaby on Aug 16, 2016 | Reply

Take care, coach. Don’t stress, this is our best team yet. Keep this up and Keim will put you on the PUP list.

7. By Bruce Conner on Aug 16, 2016 | Reply

Hope Bruce Arians is going to Be ok.

8. By Dr. G. on Aug 16, 2016 | Reply

With all the food we consume as we travel, it is very possible to have a bug attack resulting in food poisoning…it happened to me not long ago. After a night of yacking to get rid of it, I felt a lot better…but it was brutal. Let’s hope for Coach BA it is nothing more than that, and he will be fine this time tomorrow.

Well wishes Coach from all your Fans…!!!

9. By Dawn Valentine Peel on Aug 16, 2016 | Reply

Best wishes for speedy recovery BA

10. By CARDS62 on Aug 16, 2016 | Reply

Take care of yourself Coach Arians as we need our MVP back on the sidelines.

11. By vandyman on Aug 16, 2016 | Reply

We will be sending up some prayers for you coach! Let’s get a ring for the gipper boys!!

12. By Jo Ann Pitello on Aug 16, 2016 | Reply

Prayers for a speedy recovery. We need you Coach! God bless!

13. By georgiebird on Aug 16, 2016 | Reply

If BA is not taking care of himself, I hope that this is a wake up call.

14. By Tina on Aug 16, 2016 | Reply

Prayers to you Bruce for a speedy recovery.

15. By Michael McDonald on Aug 17, 2016 | Reply

I hope it’s just a bug. it sounds like pancreatitis because I have CP (chronic pancreatitis) and it cones out of nowhere and the pain is unimaginable.
    get well soo BA.

16. By Scott H on Aug 17, 2016 | Reply

Oh, man….this isn’t good! Hope all goes well for BA. We need this man back in charge.

Rod – are you kidding me???

17. By Steve W on Aug 17, 2016 | Reply

Read elsewhere that BA fought ‘tooth and nail’ to avoid going to hospital, but finally capitulated. I’m betting his wife finally got wind of the issue and made him go!

Thought and prayers are with Coach, sounds like he’ll be fine and he’s tough as nails of course. Looking forward to seeing him on the sidelines Friday night chewing out the refs and cussing out second and third string players – but NOT the first stringers, who are going to have a HELL of a game!

Good luck BA, and GO CARDS!!!!

Steve W
    Biggest Fan in Virginia

18. By bhoover on Aug 17, 2016 | Reply

Get better B.A. we need you!!

19. By joe holst on Aug 17, 2016 | Reply

probably just gas, get better Bruce

20. By Jacob Hewitt on Aug 17, 2016 | Reply

He has kidney stones

21. By Doug Powers on Aug 17, 2016 | Reply

Quick rant. I live in San Diego but grew up in AZ and have been a life long fan. Started a tradition about 15 years ago that I go to the first game every year. No matter what the location. I spend the stub hub amounts to get the best seats available. Starting last year, my 11 year old son started coming with me and soon to be joined by my 7 year old daughter. Since we live a mile from the Q, I was able to take both kids to this great event. However, I was a little disappointed that no players took the time to high five kids or sign a couple autographs with the exception of Tony Jefferson. He hit every kid on the Cards side in like 10 min. That’s how few there were. And while my daughter glowed all night about her pic with Tony (who my son loves after what he did to Cutler a couple years ago), I can’t imagine how excited she would be about football if she got to shake hands with Larry (the jersey she was wearing) or P squared. It just seems like a lost opportunity. My appreciation to Tony. Thanks for taking the time to make my daughters week. Go Cards.

22. By clssylssy on Aug 17, 2016 | Reply

Very scary situation for everyone & prayers for BA …always better to be safe than sorry & get a more definitive dx after some lab work & scans. Sounds like the practice is going well & BA will be back on the sidelines today
    @Doug…wow, Im sure not getting to “meet” out players was a big let down for your kids & as a long time fan & parent I would have been very dissppointed too ,however, I do believe there was extenuating circumstances & our guys were more shook than they let on. Thank goodness for Tom Moore!
    The Chargers are a class organization & it sounds like their fans were great in their cheers for BA.

23. By jaime on Aug 17, 2016 | Reply

doug-
    sorry to hear but “don’t blame our cardinal players”, blame the crew in san diego who put the practice event on. Here at our stadium we put on a GREAT event for practices etc, our players sign more things then any other team I promise you that. Come out next season when the Cards have their Red v. White Practice your kids will love it.

24. By rod on Aug 17, 2016 | Reply

Glad you’re back buddy

Scott – I was serious, my stepfather died from cirrhosis and that was the first thing I thought of because he loves to drink and I didn’t think he looked very good the last couple weeks of his press conferences, he seemed not his chipper self.

25. By Dr. G. on Aug 17, 2016 | Reply

For Coach BA and Fans…Diverticulosis // Diverticulitis is nothing to mess with though we know he is tough. I know he had pain that doubled him over in the lower left part of his abdomen right along with serious sweating…much like bacterial food poisoning….((which is actually what this is))

Now he will be taking a couple antibiotics to kill the bug in that little pocket of infection. But as he said, the doctors will demand a shift in regimen. This disease is basically permanent in the background and he can function normally unless it arises again.

He will be OK…but he needs to pay attention to what his body tells him and not let his DETERMINED SPIRIT rule absolutely everything….Be Well COACH..!!

26. By Richard S on Aug 17, 2016 | Reply

I’m not a doctor and I don’t even play a doctor on TV, but after getting a colonoscopy a few years back, the docs said I needed more fiber. I’ve looked at nutrition labels that essentially say you need 25 grams of fiber a day. I went with that number for a while and eventually I figured that was for someone weighing in at 150 lbs. Multiplying that by 1.5 I got a number of 37.5 for my 225 lb. body. Then just the other day I read that the 25 grams per day was really for women and that men should take in 38 grams of fiber per day. You gotta have the fiber and getting it isn’t easy. I have to add in some things I like, Weightwatchers Fudgesicles 90 calories and 5 grams of fiber and things like that to reach that number.

27. By Big Ken on Aug 18, 2016 | Reply

He needs that detox drink all the rookies great on the first day of camp.

28. By Scott H on Aug 18, 2016 | Reply

Rod –

OK, understood. Sorry to hear about your SF.

I have friends who are affected by diverticulitis and have seem some of them hospitalized for days at a time. Seems a very painful condition when it acts up.

Good to have ya back, coach.

On another note, very sorry to hear about the passing of Nancy Bidwill. Condolences to the family for their loss. I’m sure Nancy would loved to have seen a SB during her life, so I’m hoping we can get her one this year.