Nkemdiche sits again against Bills

Posted by Darren Urban on September 25, 2016 – 8:32 am

No surprises on the Cardinals’ inactive list for the game against the Bills. Rookie defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche, battling an ankle and a deep defensive line room, will sit out the game. Although it is interesting that the Cards, with nine defensive linemen on the roster, will have four of them inactive.

Meanwhile, the Bills won’t have wide receiver Sammy Watkins, who has a bad foot, and won’t have receiver Greg Salas either or cornerback Ronald Darby.

The full inactive list for the Cards:

— S Marqui Christian

— G Evan Mathis (toe)

— LB Kareem Martin (knee)

— DT Frostee Rucker (knee)

— DT Robert Nkemdiche (ankle)

— DT Olsen Pierre

— DT Xavier Williams

Tags: , ,

25 Responses to “Nkemdiche sits again against Bills”

1. By CARDS62 on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

Surprised Xaxier Williams is inactive this game with Buffalo wanting to run the ball. Maybe he is banged up a little bit, but if he is healthy I would have him playing today for total of 6 DL. I still expect us to trade a DL or 2 before this season is over as other teams lose players.

Buffalo is desperate, plus they have 3 extra days to heal and prepare for us, and we play at 10AM which always worries me. I like it when we get the late start. Early start Pittsburgh last year and we played poorly and if you remember the Cleveland game last year was an early start and second half we played great and won, but first half we did not play well and were losing 20 – 10 at the half to Cleveland.

Buffalo has a young QB and their pass defense is not good so I am predicting Carson Palmer, Fitz., and Michael Floyd or one of the Browns have big days on offense which will open things up for all 3 of our RBs. I think our secondary plays well with 2 or more interceptions and Chandler Jones breaks out with 2+ sacks. Cardinals 38 – Bills 17

Go Cards!

2. By Blake on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

Why don’t the cards play Jake Coker all they do is wast QBs

3. By creditcard on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

mid-way through 3rd qtr: Bills 23 Cards 7.

Literally getting sand pounded down their a$$. Unless a team creates 4 turnovers, the Cards are not competitive.

I’ve said this before, I’m not certain if the Cards are a .500 team. The trend of the tail end of last season, preseason, and the beginning of this season; all equates to a team that is not ready to play, and is predictable.

Without question, I can definitely see why the Patriots were eager to rid themselves of Chandler Jones. I would think every offensive coordinator will implement in their game plan: run directly at Chandler Jones. He literally steps aside and tries to lunge at the RB blazing by him. Jones never seals the corner. Unless the Cards sit Jones — keep accustomed to blow-outs.

BTW it is now 30-7.

4. By creditcard on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

The anti-special teams strike again. Someone please inform Kiem and company there are 3 phases to the game.

Also, please tell Arians, it is Ok to wake-up the team and be ready to play in the 1st quarter.

5. By creditcard on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

This is a nail bitter …

Only 2nd and 29 in the 4th qtr and only needing 3 touchdowns to tie.

Someone needs to be fired.

6. By Scott H on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

Well, so much for this team getting their mojo back. Am I the only one who can’t believe what is going on in this game???

Wonder what kind if brutal honesty we’re gonna hear after THIS one. Whatever it is, it ain’t gonna be harsh enough.

I give up. I do not know who this team is anymore. The talent is clearly there….the coaching is there…..but what we’re seeing does not reflect what they are SUPPOSED to be.

The Baltimore Ravens are closer to being a SB team than we are right now. So are a lot of other teams.

This is embarrasing.

7. By creditcard on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

Halfway through the 4th 30-13 ouch!

Why is Williams and Christian sitting? Mathieu is at 1/2 speed and is doing the Cards no good. Peters is not getting it done at the nose tackle position. Jones is literally a floor mat when it comes to runs

8. By Dr. G. on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

Darren, With all the new 120 to 250 mega pixel cameras out now, don’t BA and Boettcher know that when they hold up the play cards to cover their mouths that anyone can blow up those cards like Felix Baumgartner’s balloon in order to read the info in serious detail..? Naive? We’re in a new age.

You can’t read my lips guys, but here is my play card if you’re interested…!!! Check it out and pass it on. They need to put a sheet over it.

No commentary on Buffalo yet…I must go yack my breakfast…HB just made a huge error after getting greedy…the last chance we had maybe…and now Palmer’s INT….UGH…gonna be a quiet flight home.

9. By creditcard on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

Give the scrubs a chance to play…. it is over. Has been since the coin flip.

10. By creditcard on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

A true sign of not being prepared: Two delay of game penalties during a no-huddle, hurry up offense.

11. By creditcard on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

Why Palmer is playing at end of the game is a mystery.

Palmer is getting hurried, pressured, hit, and sacked on every play. He must be suffering from a concussion …. he must think Gilmore is a Cardinal receiver!

This is a true stinker by the Cards ….

Unprepared, out physicalled, pathetic special teams, poor play calling, defense looks lost on the field, offense predictable, O-line being beat routinely.

12. By rod on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

What a friggin joke, that game sucked.

I just don’t know what to say. I actually thought it was possible before the season started that we were going to go undefeated through the SB and made the stupid mistake of saying it to my co-workers. They were cutting me slack because of how good the Patriots are doing but I’m pretty sure after this game they’ll give me crap all year. That’s what I get I suppose.

We are not even SB caliber yet.

Sad !

13. By creditcard on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

How to lose:

4 interceptions, with three in the end zone.

Give up 210 yards rushing

Get sacked multiple times, every play Palmer gets punished

All around pathetic special team play

14. By Chuck 1 on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

Yes, Mister Keim, the sky IS falling!!!

15. By CARDS62 on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

Sorry Cards fans as I got this one so wrong. I gave our coaching staff and offense too much credit. Really thought we would start this year 6 – 0 with the schedule. Still think we will make the playoffs but we have a lot of issues right now and are not a dominating team. Defense and special teams start us off great and our offense trots out on the field at the Buffalo 38 yard line and can do absolutely nothing. I still believe our offense has to set the tone for our team and our offense has started poorly every game this year and Carson Palmer game is off a lot. Defense can not stop the run and we can not punt the ball and I still held out hope we were going to come back and win this game until we botched the easy field goal resulting in a 10 point swing.

Sunday can not get here quick enough to get the bad taste from this one out of my mouth,
    Here is to hoping we can find a punter and snapper this week.

Go Cards!

16. By BeatSF on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

Let’s stop saying “deep defensive line room” until they actually produce! Same with the wide receivers!

17. By TucsonTim on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

What’s so different about the offense this year that Johnson and the WR’s don’t know what route to run? Obviously, a coaching and preparation problem.

Slow Start Cardinals. I called them LAZY over and over last year. This team is even LAZIER!!! Did anyone else think this was a Cleveland 2015 flashback and we would come back? Obviously, we’re not that good.

Special teams. Don’t you breathe a sigh of relief every time their kick off goes into the end zone. God help us against a kicker who can kick it between the goal line and the 10.

BA should have known just how important a long snapper is. If he doesn’t cut that kid and replace him, he has NO CREDIBILITY WHATSOEVER .

Well, I guess the Bills proved that having a s### punter is really a non issue. No more posts about Butler sucking.

Ray Horton is making a no name defense in Cleveland look good right now in Miami. Hmmm…

After going to Carolina and watching that debacle I predicted the Cardinals would win a lot of games again this year but Palmer wouldn’t take us far in the playoffs. I was clearly wrong. We’re not going to win a lot games and I don’t think we are even going to get a Wild Card.

The no energy Cardinals are in for a “nothing” not “all” season. Too many players like Campbell who are $$$ motivated but not Ring motivated.

18. By Scott H on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

Another loss to a team that we SHOULD have beaten anyway, even BEFORE we knew the players that team was going to be without.

19. By Scott H on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

SPECIAL teams???? No. The only thing “special” about them is how utterly inept they are. Special Needs is more like it.

HOW DID WE GO INTO A SEASON WITH THIS AS OUR SPECIAL TEAMS??? A punter that isn’t even average. A long snapper that can’t do his job. No one who can make a return. And no one who can STOP a return. THIS IS A DAMN OUTRAGE. There is no way it all looked fine during camp and pre-season but NOW, it’s a train-wreck.

If we believe in brutal honesty, then let’s tell it like it is – the handling of the special teams going into this season was a failure, and it is a failure that someone needs to be held responsible for.

Totally un-acceptable. And I don’t have to say it because Fitz already did after the game – this is not even a playoff team right now. It is hard to beat ANYONE in the NFL when you can’t get out of your own way. And right now, we can’t even get out of our own way. There is no tougher opponent than ourselves. And right now, we are killing us.

20. By TucsonTim on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

At least we’re not the Rams…did I really say that? Ugh..

21. By TLT on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

Missed Mathis and Red Bryant ( understand he got cut, shouldn’t have).L

Add +7 IF 32 recovers that strip;
    Add +7 if DJ doesn’t hit Niklas’ heel at 8 yd line, and subtract -7 from Bills, as muffled field goal attempt never occurs;

score Cards 32 Bills 36…and 3 of 4 C. Palmer Q4 Ints never happen…

2 plays…completely change result…

meanwhile, they ran ball down our throats, our guys make mental errors too many to count…

look like a scared team, an overconfident team, an inexperienced one or an unprepared one…no idea which… weirdest game ever saw, weirdest 3 games I ever saw…

22. By GARYHICKERSON on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

LAST YEAR THE CARDINALS GAVE THEIR ALL….THIS YEAR SO FAR THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING!!..it seems that now that the cameras are gone(all or nothing shoot)there is no motivation for them to compete for a super bowl !!this was a very bad team loss!. entire team looked sluggish ,cant suddenly stop the run,we should be getting a lot more sacks/pressure on the qb,than we have been.the offence cant convert on 3rd down,and special teams??.We cant stop a return!! and we cant get a good a return!!( WHERE IS VIA SiKAHEMA) when you need him)AND WHAT IS IT WITH CARDS not being able to win vs a rookie QB…NOW WE HAVE THE RAMS AT HOME (I THINK THEY BEAT US LAST YEAR AT HOME WITH A ROOKIE QB.) CARDINALS NEED THIS WIN!! GO CARDINALS!!

23. By clssylssy on Sep 25, 2016 | Reply

Tucson Tim…No, we’re not the Rams. We’ve gone from first to worst in our Division and it’s not for lack of talent. At this rate, the Rams are going to kick our ass with ease next week. When you get crushed by the #31 team and out coached by the Ryan Brothers, then perhaps it’s time to admit we have some serious issues beyond small things that can be “easily fixed”.
    Except for the one handed catch by Peterson, our secondary looked like the Keystone Cops running around behind Swiss Cheese! And, our offense …geez, it’s bad enough to lose a home opener to a JV squad if it’s Belichick, but the Bills???
    Have to wonder who will assume responsibility for this hot mess?

24. By dkerry5242 on Sep 26, 2016 | Reply

How come we keep getting beat by teams that are always missing key players!!

25. By CardinalChris on Sep 26, 2016 | Reply

Overrated. Offensive Line, Wide Receiver and Especially Defensive Line. WR’s are not creating separation this year. Defensive line gets No push! Defensive Line gets No Pressure!! Any pressure being created is coming from linebackers. Ugh, what a beating to the eye that game was. Not just because we lost, but because the team looked lost! So many penalties – delay of game, illegal formation. Seriously??? Illegal formation Michael Floyd? sick to my stomach from all the crudola Keim is feeding us. Sorry Mr. Keim, but I have to question your talent evaluation regarding defensive line.