Kerwynn Williams cut; Nkemdiche sits

Posted by Darren Urban on October 6, 2016 – 4:05 pm

Not any surprises on the Cardinals’ inactive list. Not anymore, not when Bruce Arians made it pretty clear Friday this wasn’t a game where he thought rookie Robert Nkemdiche should be up. So he is not. And the  Cardinals also made a roster move Thursday, promoting tight end Hakeem Valles to the active roster with Darren Fells out for the game. To make room for Valles, the Cards cut running back Kerwynn Williams, who was just signed Tuesday.

Injuries, actually, play a big role in the inactive list for tonight:

— QB Carson Palmer (concussion)

— G Cole Toner

— DT Olsen Pierre

— TE Darren Fells (shoulder)

— DT Robert Nkemdiche

— DT Ed Stinson (toe)

— DT Josh Mauro (chest)

Frostee Rucker will make his return after missing the last few games. Not having Mauro hurts; he’s a guy that, if he’s not playing because of injury, you know he has to be pretty banged up.

Tags: , , ,

15 Responses to “Kerwynn Williams cut; Nkemdiche sits”

1. By joe holst on Oct 6, 2016 | Reply

2 years ago the Rams put Carson Palmer and Drew Stanton on the IR and ruined are season, last Sunday Aaron Donald destroyed us again and knocked Palmer out, when are they going to make adjustments and quit getting there a** kicked by them. where is the sense of urgency,

2. By Dr. G. on Oct 6, 2016 | Reply

Well, Cards fans…pardon this interlude of obvious negativity…

What the H is Tyrann talking about, “” they don’t believe in us anymore, and we like it that way????”” Unbelievable..!! Coddled ever sine he arrived, and doesn’t like to feel special? If you’re special, you put your chin out there and go kick some butt.

PPXXI – my legs are heavy on the short week. unbelievable also…I forgot that you are the only person in the NFL who plays on a short week….! Special Pros?? You guys need to suck it up and earn your paycheck.

The fans don’t feel sorry for themselves;; neither should you guys. Some of us are just mad about the lackluster execution… Just get your s### together and quit the sympathetic excuses… Are you guys Pros? Quit trying to poison the locker room and act like it.’ve never been a leader, but HB, I am embarrassed for you…

If you guys can whine, we can bitch about it…sorry…if you get beat, OK, but so far you have beaten yourselves… Get mad and get on..!!

3. By We suck on Oct 6, 2016 | Reply

We could be the worst first round draft picking team in the history of the NFL. Also who cares if Palmer is out. He has LOST us these games. 4 int in the 4th quarter…? 🤔🤔🤔

4. By L.G on Oct 6, 2016 | Reply

i can throw no this def this cardinal team is a dam joke if i was B.A i would leave this dam team.

5. By Scott H on Oct 6, 2016 | Reply

Man, I LOVED that time-consuming drive to punch it in for the 31-14 lead. THAT was nice!!! DJ is just SUCH a smooth runner. And Fitz is a beast with his blocking. They didn’t need Stanton to do too much and that worked out well. He wasn’t brilliant but he was good enough. No INT’s. That alone was a tremendous contribution.

Michael Floyd – thanks for nothing. Does anyone want to try to make the ridiculous claim at this point that if he gets as many targets as Fitz, he’s a better WR?? Please don’t!

And it’s a double win for us tonight – the Cardinals Miller Lite can beat the 49ers can! I knew that can was gonna get it done tonight. That was BIG TIME!!!

And we can FINALLY add Stanton to the list of Cards QB’s that Fitz has caught a TD from.

Still 3:00 left and I’m wondering why Mathieu is still out there. Didn’t we lose him last year during the last few minutes of a game that was already won???? Can’t we get him out of there????

6. By NYCardinals on Oct 6, 2016 | Reply

Dr G,

You’re drunk. Go Home.

7. By clssylssy on Oct 7, 2016 | Reply

Anyone else wondering why we would cut Williams (whose had some success and knows the offense) and add a TE nobody has ever heard of to give depth at a position we hardly use? Williams must have had parking issues with BA?

While David had a great night, it still makes me uncomfortable to see BA using him as an every down back w/o any real relief. Seems like BA finds a favorite every season and rides him into the ground until he is of little use, usually on IR.(Ellington, Brown,

An ugly win is still a win, and let’s hope it’s enough to get the Cardinal heart pumping again. All it took was that first turnover, and Stanton realizing who his playmakers were to put the Cards in the game. Still, not seeing anything close to our old secondary with Peterson getting beat and allowing a TD and TM getting beat by Kerley all night; wish I could be optimistic about our defense going against Todd Boyles…miles to go!

Gotta give Stanton credit for getting the job done without any interceptions! Now if our receivers, not named Fitz, could learn to catch the ball! GREAT JOB AT BRINGING HOME A WIN GUYS!

8. By HB#32 on Oct 7, 2016 | Reply

Dr G- post your address and we will send you tissues. Fair weather fan for sure.

9. By CARDS62 on Oct 7, 2016 | Reply

Wow Darren

I am shocked K. Williams was cut after just being signed. Was it a conditioning issue?

Every time I notice H. Valles on the field he was doing something wrong like dropping a perfect pass or having a big penalty How many offensive snaps did we have and of that number how many was H. Valles on the field? Do you think he blocked well for us? I watched the game but do not recall his blocking one way or another so I am hoping he did a great job blocking.
    Great play by #80 I. Momah on special teams, How many plays did he have at TE this game..

Go Cards !

10. By Darren Urban on Oct 7, 2016 | Reply

Cards62 —

RE: Kerwynn

I think everyone needs to settle down about the Kerwynn thing. They needed a tight end because of the Fells injury. Let’s see what happens with Kerwynn over the next few days.

11. By CARDS62 on Oct 7, 2016 | Reply

Sorry I also meant to ask you if you could interview Robert N.about how he thinks his season is going and what he is working on to play more this season?

We all knew this draft choice had risk, but most of us including me was thinking the risk was all off the field and that he will be a monster on the field. Our run defense has been a weakness so I am still hoping he can help us.

Darren you are a super fan like us so I know you get our frustration with our first round draft choices not producing, and for the record I really liked this pick, and think he can be a stud for us, but I am starting to get worried because he can not even be a backup for us.

As always thank you for all you do for us fans, and continue to be positive & patient with us.

Go Cards!

12. By Darren Urban on Oct 7, 2016 | Reply

Cards62 —

RE: Nkemdiche

Well, first, I wouldn’t say I was a super fan. I’d day I have a vested interest in this team succeeding, but I wouldn’t call myself a fan.

A Nkemdiche story is possible. Not sure what he’ll say at this point, but possible.

13. By Xeano on Oct 8, 2016 | Reply

Sometimes I think I’m the only positive fan. Such negativity.

Hardly a time to worry barely a 1/4 through the season.

14. By JR on Oct 8, 2016 | Reply

The Cards need to keep K. Williams. The guy runs north and south and gains yards. Our defense can’t even stop him in practice. Just keep him.

15. By Mark Hume on Oct 9, 2016 | Reply

Thin or thick–things are getting real interesting for the Cards! A win without Carson, time for Palmer to get healthy with a bye, a matchup against the Jets here with the Jets giving up a lot of passing yards, afterwards a matchup against the “Seachickens” here! I’m going to go that game too! Go Cards!!! The roller coaster ride just still may lead to the Cardinals winning the Lombardi trophy!